• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
So I'm thinking of getting buzzed/drunk and texting my brother the "news" (that I'm gay, for those who haven't been following my story). The other day, I had my message all typed out, but just couldn't hit the send button. I need some liquid courage. Before I typed my message, he facetiously texted me a news article about younger brothers usually being the gay one (I'm the older one) and I took that as a sign that I need to do it.

Hopefully I'll do it by Sunday :-/

Hey man, you're not alone in this. Even if you feel rejected by your own family, you will always find people who think like you and support you. You'll get through this stronger and wiser. ;)

And since this is the first time I've posted in this thread: I'm a 37 year old gay mexican who used to browse GAF many, many years ago.

Last edited:

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Hey man, you're not alone in this. Even if you feel rejected by your own family, you will always find people who think like you and support you. You'll get through this stronger and wiser. ;)

And since this is the first time I've posted in this thread: I'm an 37 year old gay mexican who used to browse GAF many, many years ago.

Welcome! :)

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017

And since this is the first time I've posted in this thread: I'm an 37 year old gay mexican who used to browse GAF many, many years ago.

Thanks.

(if you didn't already know, I eventually came out a week later, IIRC)

And as an update, I had a "talk" with my dad tonight. He doesn't think I'm actually gay because I've never displayed an "feminine" qualities. We had a long, heated discussion but I sort of ended it when he said that I need to ask God for forgiveness. I responded, "MY God has no problem with it." And we kept going back and forth and I just kept saying that my God has no problem, and then he hung up (I was also on the phone with my mom who was in another room).

My mom seems to be a little more open-minded about it. My mom allowed for the opportunity to "come around" and more understanding and accepting. She was a lot more rational....but understandably, still in shock. But for now, neither of them want anything to do with any boyfriend that I have. And that's fine. But my mom said that there's a chance she could be willing to do that, just not now.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
Hello all! Haven't popped my head in here in some time. Hope you all are staying safe during this pandemic! I hit my full month from working from home on Tuesday, and never thought I'd say this...but I miss my cubicle lol. Stay safe yall ❤

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Cute guy from (and currently in) Kazakhstan randomly texts me, it's not like we can realistically meet but we talk a bit anyway :P

...then I look at this profile and he's an anti-5G conspiracy nut :x It's just surreal actually interacting with someone like that.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Cute guy from (and currently in) Kazakhstan randomly texts me, it's not like we can realistically meet but we talk a bit anyway :P

...then I look at this profile and he's an anti-5G conspiracy nut :x It's just surreal actually interacting with someone like that.

LOL. Is he cute enough to ignore the cray cray? =p

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
LOL. Is he cute enough to ignore the cray cray? =p
100% my type which is why I didn't ignore his random texts :P But nah, that's not enough to ignore the nuttery.

It's a bit sad because he told me he wants to move abroad and get married, I can't imagine Kazakhstan is very gay friendly.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
So I just got laid off. Applying for unemployment either after I get home tonight or tomorrow. My job will still be there after this is over but who knows when that is.

My main concern is that I'm back home with my cat but I can't stand it there with the restrictions. If I go to the bathroom I have to wipe down the doorknobs afterwards. I've been told not to go to the kitchen area despite needing to cook food. Can't use the laundryroom. Like shit I feel like Im in a prison that I pay rent to. Do I just grab my cat and as much of my stuff that I can carry and ask my coworker if I can stay with her again? IDK what to do or rather I do know what I need to do but I'm afraid to do it.

Nigthwizard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Costa Rica
So I just got laid off. Applying for unemployment either after I get home tonight or tomorrow. My job will still be there after this is over but who knows when that is.

My main concern is that I'm back home with my cat but I can't stand it there with the restrictions. If I go to the bathroom I have to wipe down the doorknobs afterwards. I've been told not to go to the kitchen area despite needing to cook food. Can't use the laundryroom. Like shit I feel like Im in a prison that I pay rent to. Do I just grab my cat and as much of my stuff that I can carry and ask my coworker if I can stay with her again? IDK what to do or rather I do know what I need to do but I'm afraid to do it.
That sounds awful, you shouldn't be there.
They're taking advantage of you, if your coworker is ok with the cat, why don't you go there?
I'm sorry you have to go through this

MasaDrew

Jun 20, 2019
So you're not allowed to use basic necessities? You should have nothing short of a few strong words with them about this. If youre able to throw something your coworkers way or if theyre cool with you coming in go for it. No one should live like that.

Oct 25, 2017
Have you encountered/do you hold negative perceptions of people who identify as pan?

I guess I could just say I'm bi but I don't like how the word feels and frankly I don't like being pushed around :/

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
So my dad asked me to "give it six months of thought" to see if I'm still gay. As if I haven't been thinking about this for years.

We argued on the phone for about an hour and he made a really insulting remark that I took exceptional offense to. Then he tried to gaslight me and tell me that he didn't actually make the remark. I honestly don't think my dad is going to ever get it (he's 72 I think). And I don't know if I should pretend to be OK with that. Like, he doesn't HAVE to accept it, but I don't HAVE to be OK with his intolerance (like, I'm not going to pretend I'm not gay when we're around one another)

Have you encountered/do you hold negative perceptions of people who identify as pan?

I guess I could just say I'm bi but I don't like how the word feels and frankly I don't like being pushed around :/

I've never met anyone who identified as pansexual but I wouldn't hold a negative view of a pansexual.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been told by people online that they avoid people who identify as pan because all of the ones they've known have been (trans) chasers.

And it fucks with me because my S.O. Is trans.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington

I've seen some hatred of Pansexuality online, but usually there is always someone who shuts it down at least. I think the most upsetting thing I saw was some anti-Pan Bi merch while looking for Bi stuff for pride month :/ But most Bi people I know are cool with Pan people and vice versa. Hell I'm a Bi gal with a pan best friend :D

Either way, you are 100% in your right to say you are Pan. We all pick the term that fits us better, just like when I picked Bi for myself. <3

Leo

Oct 27, 2017

I know two people who identify as pan. One of them is kind of a role model, and the other one I can tell has serious issues. My perception of them isn't influenced by their orientation, just by what kind of person they are.

Come through as you are more comfortable with, and people shouldn't matter, they owe you respect no matter what.

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
So my dad asked me to "give it six months of thought" to see if I'm still gay. As if I haven't been thinking about this for years.

We argued on the phone for about an hour and he made a really insulting remark that I took exceptional offense to. Then he tried to gaslight me and tell me that he didn't actually make the remark. I honestly don't think my dad is going to ever get it (he's 72 I think). And I don't know if I should pretend to be OK with that. Like, he doesn't HAVE to accept it, but I don't HAVE to be OK with his intolerance (like, I'm not going to pretend I'm not gay when we're around one another)

I've never met anyone who identified as pansexual but I wouldn't hold a negative view of a pansexual.

And what, precisely, does he expect to happen after 6 months pass and you're still attracted to men lol? I'm guessing he's asking you to "think about" whether you should really "choose" to be gay over that time period.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
And what, precisely, does he expect to happen after 6 months pass and you're still attracted to men lol? I'm guessing he's asking you to "think about" whether you should really "choose" to be gay over that time period.

He claims that if in 6 months I still feel the same way, he'll never bring it up again. I told him that if I agreed, I'd 1) be giving him false hope and 2) be lying to myself and wasting my time if I actually continued to explore that question. And I'm not even going to humor him. Either you accept that I'm gay or you don't. I'm not leaving any room for ambiguity.

Then he got all pissed off, saying that I was being disrespectful for not wanting to do this for him. Then he got even more pissed off when I told him that this was not about him. He really just doesn't get it...and I'm fine with that (or at least that's what I tell myself).

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Then he got all pissed off, saying that I was being disrespectful for not wanting to do this for him. Then he got even more pissed off when I told him that this was not about him. He really just doesn't get it...and I'm fine with that (or at least that's what I tell myself).

Wow. I'm so sorry you have to put up with that. I hope he grows as a person and gains some perspective, but if he never does, at least you'll know you were honest with him and gave him a chance.

Dec 4, 2018

I think you need to get out of there. That environment will not be good for your mental health. (Paying rent for that treatment is another.) I think if you have the option to remove yourself from that environment take it. For your sanity.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I think you need to get out of there. That environment will not be good for your mental health. (Paying rent for that treatment is another.) I think if you have the option to remove yourself from that environment take it. For your sanity.
They've relaxed the rules a little bit but still pretty bad. I contacted my coworker again and she's going to talk with her family about me moving in. I would be renting and it would be for as long as I want to stay. I haven't heard an update yet but pretty sure I'll be able to move in because they could use the money and she obviously cares about me as she told me that I would never be a burden on her. My main concern is being able to move during the lockdown. I got a lot of stuff and not sure how I can get it all there.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Ya but how does one know it's official.
When there is a verbal agreement.

Edit: with that said I did notice the girl I met through a dating app that Im talking to over the phone deleted their app despite us having not even met yet. We do get along very well and it'll probably work but I haven't deleted my apps yet. And I only know because the app told me, I'm not stalking. :p

Last edited:

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
Beyoncé released a remix of Savage with Megan Thee Stallion. I felt it was important for people to know:

MasaDrew

Jun 20, 2019
Shelter in place is expiring in GA tonight. Not going out to any public spaces anytime soon but I will be packing a bag to visit the BF in Chattanooga.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
So I mentioned this coworker at work that I had (have?) a crush on. I was all over his FB page to get some indication of his orientation, or at least his relationship status. Nothing.

We have this mutual friend. The mutual friend and my crush live in the same apartment complex and this mutual friend told me that I came up in a conversation they had. I planned on asking our mutual friend all kinds of questions about him but I figured that would be too suspicious.

Today, he asked me for my coworkers number. I could easily get it but I figured that I could use this opportunity to get some intel. So after I have him his phone number, I went into detective mode.

Long story short: he lives right down the street and is apparently single.

7c687debe61f4b5aca1f1465811bbd05.jpg

Nigthwizard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Costa Rica
As of today, same sex marriage is legal on my country (Costa Rica), I'm so fucking happy right now.
These months have been very hard, but at least we got good news for once

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
Hey guys been a REALLY long time since I posted here. Used to be active back on the old forum.
Dunno if anyone remembers me from there but just wanted to pop in and say "haiiii"

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
Hey Ratsky been a long time. I'm good. How's this place been? Doesn't seem as active as the old thread on the old forum.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There are gays all over era, they just don't talk in here. Not sure why. I drop by once in a while.

Manipular

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
This will be my first time in probably 7 or 8 years not going to a Pride function of some kind in June, so I'm not really sure what to do with myself. :/

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
I really should talk on discord and post in this thread more often but I made new friends IRL so I tend to prioritize that. Same happened with the toonami thread.