• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
As a Muslim I am amazed how some of us when we get the chance, we don't hesitate to discriminate other minorities. Fuck you people, I hope the school boards don't cave. World is heading towards a progressive future in the long run so these bumps and obstacles on the way will only be a footnote in history. And to everyone, I apologize that people "following" my faith are being such assholes

Mr.Arrow

Dec 6, 2018
Conservatives especially people from religious background are pretty common in homogeneous areas.

Yea this is definitely a problem when people never met a person outside of their kind.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Refer to this when you think a second referendum will go differently.

?

The people voting for Brexit probably aren't the Muslim community who spearheaded this out of Birmingham. Hence how the parts of Birmingham most caught up in this are a Labour seat. To which the Labour MP is sweating their ability to keep their seat and play both sides in the media by not going in too hard on the bigots.

Brexit is more of a white working class/elitist rich snob delusion than it is a religiously inspired delusion.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
But isn't it Islamophobia to hate on their relgion?
What is your point exactly, unless you think all Muslims hate LGBT people.
?

The people voting for Brexit probably aren't the Muslim community who spearheaded this out of Birmingham. Hence how the parts of Birmingham most caught up in this are a Labour seat. To which the Labour MP is sweating their ability to keep their seat and play both sides in the media by not going in too hard on the bigots.

Brexit is more of a white working class/elitist rich snob delusion than it is a religiously inspired delusion.
There is a significant right wing portion of society is my point really. If schools don't cave to this I'll retract my statement.

Nov 9, 2017
Just have to use this as a teaching moment and spread knowledge to these communities so they can do better in the future. Don't bow down to their demands.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is your point exactly, unless you think all Muslims hate LGBT people.

There is a significant right wing portion of society is my point really. If schools don't cave to this I'll retract my statement.

The trouble with framing it that simple is the Muslims in Birmingham probably won't call themselves right-wing. They vote for Labour. I'm not saying they'll call themselves left-wing either, the way we frame political allegiance just won't be of their concern. It will be Muslim community vs the others, hence the reply I posted earlier where one of the campaign leaders frames it as everyone trying to infringe on the Muslim community.

Mr Ahmed believes the investigation into the schools was prejudiced and talks of a sense of injustice. He says schools should adopt the religious ethos of the communities that pupils live in.

He adds that teaching about gay relationships in schools in Muslim areas is "socially divisive because it's changing the moral position of family values".

They're Conservative yes, but they'll refrain from saying they're right-wing because to them right-wing will be the racists who don't like Muslims.

There's not much overlap to Brexit here, other than the sheer idiocy of people.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"We not homophobic/transphobic!"

"It's alarming that this is seen to be OK (re LGBT acceptance)"

????????????????

Who do they think they're fooling? Clowns.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
This is where the immigration issue gets complicated. We have imported a certain amount of intolerance. People are free to believe what they want, but it's time for the UK to right into law that hate speech is not tolerated, whether it's part of your religion or not. I personally believe that faith schools are incompatible with modern britain. Faith schools just segregate our children. Force them to integrate at school. Keep the religion at home.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice if kids could grow up comfortable with themselves and not have large groups of society trying to brush them under the rug.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is where the immigration issue gets complicated. We have imported a certain amount of intolerance. People are free to believe what they want, but it's time for the UK to right into law that hate speech is not tolerated, whether it's part of your religion or not. I personally believe that faith schools are incompatible with modern britain. Faith schools just segregate our children. Force them to integrate at school. Keep the religion at home.

The police are arresting people for posting homophobic tweets, the police could arrest protestors here. The police won't do that though out of fear unrest breaks out amongst the community/it appears they are being intolerant of religious views and values. I'm not stating that I think that is the right way to handle this, just letting you know the UK police most definitely have the power to arrest people outside schools being publicly homophobic.

I think you know, but these are taxpayer-funded public schools that have been getting targetted. I too think faith schools should have all taxpayer-funded money taken, so that if they are to continue the religious community has to fund them.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
As a Muslim I am amazed how some of us when we get the chance, we don't hesitate to discriminate other minorities. Fuck you people, I hope the school boards don't cave. World is heading towards a progressive future in the long run so these bumps and obstacles on the way will only be a footnote in history. And to everyone, I apologize that people "following" my faith are being such assholes
I appreciate this post - It's difficult to remember sometimes that these things are (hopefully) just ugly blips on an upward trajectory of human betterment.

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018

I totally agree. Seriously, these kids should learn about this stuff, its very important, the parents can F off. I've heard stories where kids are afraid of coming out or don't understand their feelings and end up heavily depressed and suicidal. NO KID should feel that way. No kid or adult or teenager should feel like they are alone. The LGBTQ community deserves to be happy and proud of who they are, and not face this garbage on a day to day basis.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A leading protester against LGBT teaching at Anderton Park School has been BANNED from further demos after being hit with a council legal threat.

Birmingham City Council has issued a community protection warning to Shakeel Afsar, 32, which also bars him from using a megaphone outside the Sparkbrook school.

The warning letter was hand delivered to his home on Thursday and means he could be subject to a legally binding Community Protection Notice, via a magistrates court hearing, if he ignores it.

But the protester has said he plans to fight the ban and said: "I don't believe it would stand up to legal scrutiny."

Mr Afsar has been coordinating daily protests outside the primary school, demanding head Sarah Hewitt Clarkson stops sharing LGBT equality messages and books with pupils - or quits.

Armed with a megaphone, he has organised after-school demos for five weeks, leading fellow campaigners in chants including: "Let Kids Be Kids" and "Our Kids, Our Choice."

Some have carried placards saying 'Adam and Eve, Not Adam and Steve' and also 'We are not homophobic'. Protestors claim to have the backing of 'the majority' of parents at the mainly Muslim school.

School staff have reported feeling "under seige" from the daily protests, which occur noisily at the entrance where most parents collect their children.

Mrs Hewitt Clarkson has been unequivocal so far in rejecting the protesters' demands but has called for more support and clarity from the Department of Education over the issue.

"I was so upset to get it - mainly because the council had agreed to mediation talks that were starting the very next day," he said.

"If I had been doing anything that amounted to a breach of the peace, or harassment, or had intimidated anyone, I would rightly be arrested. The police have been informed about and present at every protest, observing me and the other protestors.

He vowed to challenge the warning and any order issued and added he had no intention of stopping his calls for the school to stop 'promoting LGBT'.

Mr Afsar said: "I will be vigorously challenging this warning letter and in a way I hope they do take me to court for breaching it because then I could show that I have done nothing wrong.

"We are protesting lawfully and this is just scaremongering. I am very upset about this."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/lgbt-protester-banned-anderton-park-16227679

I mean, going at it daily for five weeks... That is some serious tolerance. Totally not homophobic.

A true hero for using a megaphone to scream in kids faces.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Some have carried placards saying 'Adam and Eve, Not Adam and Steve' and also 'We are not homophobic'. Protestors claim to have the backing of 'the majority' of parents at the mainly Muslim school.

They still use this stupid line? I remember like a 16 year old in high school thinking they were clever using it.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They still use this stupid line? I remember like a 16 year old in high school thinking they were clever using it.

It's funny that using that line might be haram because it's plagiarizing Christian propaganda. Seeing as it's Bible related.

That is if it was a Muslim protestor holding that sign. Could be if it's some attempt to use the "Christian host nations" propaganda against itself.

Whereas it just comes across as yesterday's banter. Try harder homophobes.

Oct 27, 2017
They should have nipped this in the bud much much sooner.

Yep. Shouldn't have even opened a dialogue about it. "This is what our school teaches, you don't like it, feel free to find another school that caters to your backwards values. Love and hugs. The school".

Also fucking lol at "We're not homophobic people". At least be honest with yourselves, it's pretty clear what you are to everyone else.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
45HOU1W.png

https://www.daynurseries.co.uk/news...-that-teach-four-year-olds-its-okay-to-be-gay

I believe this is the book in question

https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Princess-Boy-Cheryl-Kilodavis/dp/1442429887

It goes to show just how uneducated and downright stupid these protestors are that they literally think the comic above is factual. Look, anyone who has gone to Uni/College knows a lot of girls especially, fuck around, but it doesn't mean they are all bi/lesbian. It's not a choice, but yes, sometimes straight people do experiment for whatever reason and accept nope, they're not gay/trans/cross-dressers or whatever it is they tried/experimented with.

Human beings have a brain, human beings sometimes question themselves and/or seek reassurance about their identity. News at 11.

Teaching acceptance doesn't cause people to change who they are. The only thing it does is potentially help those that aren't straight to feel accepted and potentially be able to seek out whatever help/support/therapy they might need to be who they are.

I would ask why you post these things that make me sad and angry, but they're the ones to blame.

That mother talking about her kid... The complete lack of self-awareness. Absolutely horrific that this mindset is still around.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

Here here/hear hear. As an apostate of Hindu parents (in Canada) I can't tell you how true this rings.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
I like you.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully they don't give in to them. Their aggressive fear is due to ignorance and prejudice. Two things good decision making should never give in to.

Great post!

Mar 29, 2018
Last time this was in the public eye, it was terrifying hearing the conservatives talking about it on the radio - like "we're teaching kids that being gay is moral"

I was just sitting there waiting, waiting, waiting for the radio presenter to say "... so being gay isn't moral?"

But they never challenged them on it!

I was absolutely seething for days, they totally let it slip by. I could hear Jeremy Vine almost saying something but holding back to the let the "other side" discuss it, but the contributor for the other side (as good as he was) kept letting that point slip away

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Might be of interest to people that grew up in the UK around the late 1980s to early 2000s that teachers were legally not allowed (in State Maintained Schools) to 'promote the teaching of the acceptability of homosexuality as a pretended family relationship' due to Section 28, a law that went from 1988 to 2003. Scotland repealed it in 2000. Apologies for the wording, but that was the way it was written.

Horrible, horrible law that meant I - in my first year of teaching - was not legally allowed to even talk about the possibility of a same-sex relationship. I ignored it, but obviously you could have gone to Secondary School during those years and not been taught anything about homosexual relationships.

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
yCNAAt8.png

https://news.sky.com/story/the-pare...re-being-indoctrinated-by-uk-schools-11720871

The cognitive dissonance required to claim you're not homophobic but it's also not okay to be taught it's okay to be gay.

Gi2gO86.gif

And there we have it, our communities should not assimilate to the country they wish to exist in, but basically create their own breakaway "country" with its own laws and teachings.

Nope. You want to go to publicly funded schools then you'll be being taught facts and reality. Deal with it.
C'mon, they're clearly not homophobic. They're fine with LGBT people as long as they show no display of it in public, never talk about it and don't talk to children because they "might be influenced".

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There are still so many misguided and outright spiteful people out there. Still so much work to be done to get a basic tolerance across society for people simply existing and being acknowledged.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I totally agree. Seriously, these kids should learn about this stuff, its very important, the parents can F off. I've heard stories where kids are afraid of coming out or don't understand their feelings and end up heavily depressed and suicidal. NO KID should feel that way. No kid or adult or teenager should feel like they are alone. The LGBTQ community deserves to be happy and proud of who they are, and not face this garbage on a day to day basis.

My brother was like this. Took him years to adjust to the reality and he has metal health issues because of it still.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Religion is so regressive
C'mon, they're clearly not homophobic. They're fine with LGBT people as long as they show no display of it in public, never talk about it and don't talk to children because they "might be influenced".
And imagine if the same imposition is made on their show of faith
There would be Human rights complaints.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Don't think it's happened up here (Scotland) yet might be wrong. There was a whole load of this type of shite about a year ago because we wanted to start teaching LGBT+ from earlier primary school years though iirc.

Worrying trend, the UK fucking sucks.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
'Parental consent' was a big thing for the united conservative party here in Alberta, so even past them wanting to out kids to their parents for joining gay clubs at school I'm not sure where their desired changes to the NDP curriculum will end up. But I can imagine it's like this:

Rosina Afsar said: "I think it was about a boy who wanted to be a girl who wanted to wear dresses, wants to have tea parties, so basically like a transgender and it was very much saying that it's okay to be that way, which was alarming for me."

KQuGynr.gif

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Dont listen to these bigots. Let them take their kids out of school if it bothers them so much.