• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
CX doesn't seem to have anything important so I'm looking at C9 prices.

In Finland it looks like the Black Friday price of €1200 is now the normal price. Next discount should drop it to €999 and I'll get it then.

Micerider

Nov 11, 2017
CX doesn't seem to have anything important so I'm looking at C9 prices.

In Finland it looks like the Black Friday price of €1200 is now the normal price. Next discount should drop it to €999 and I'll get it then.

Currently, in Belgium (prices must be close to Finland I suppose), the C9 55" is going for 1299 EUR. I don't expect it to go much further below before running out of stock (maybe another 100 max), it's usually the B series that managed to get below 1k EUR on sales. But who knows, waiting and seeing might be your luck, but it could also mean you miss an already good deal.

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Here is the C9 price evolution in Germany:

c9wpjwg.jpg

Basically big drop in a month from launch, after that a gradual decrease with small downspike at BF.

Looking at the same graph for C7, it is unlikely that it goes below that (apart from a sell out deal somewhere), since the price becomes supply limited. C8 price, for example, is going up currently in the last 4 month.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Here is the C9 price evolution in Germany:

c9wpjwg.jpg

Basically big drop in a month from launch, after that a gradual decrease with small downspike at BF.

Looking at the same graph for C7, it is unlikely that it goes below that (apart from a sell out deal somewhere), since the price becomes supply limited. C8 price, for example, is going up currently in the last 4 month.

Supply is certainly a thing, I know that when the 9 series models had launched, most retailers were justs selling through their last stock of 8 series. It dries up very quickly.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
It supports VRR but not G-Sync?

Yeah. I'd imagine that it's either an nvidia thing, or an LG thing where they haven't paid a license for that model.

They are both being odd about how they are talking about VRR/GSYNC/Freesync. They all sit on top of the same standards when going across HDMI.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Question

I want a new tv for the next gen consoles and i am not shure what tv i should get. My budget is about 1500€-1700€ (will buy it in Germany). It should have a 55-65 Screen.

A coworker has a 55 c9 and i was blown away how good movies and ps4 games looked on it. Am i save to get that model for next gen gaming or do i have to get a 2020 model?

Does the c9 Support 4k 120hz with vrr? If yes i would rather buy that tv but am willing to wait fir the new ones to drop in price...

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019
Question

I want a new tv for the next gen consoles and i am not shure what tv i should get. My budget is about 1500€-1700€ (will buy it in Germany). It should have a 55-65 Screen.

A coworker has a 55 c9 and i was blown away how good movies and ps4 games looked on it. Am i save to get that model for next gen gaming or do i have to get a 2020 model?

Does the c9 Support 4k 120hz with vrr? If yes i would rather buy that tv but am willing to wait fir the new ones to drop in price...
Yeah C9 does all that. But im not sure youll get it for 1700. Last time I checked it was 2k at least. (Also germany)

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Question

Yes.From a gaming perspective they are pretty much identical.

So it's just a case of get one now and have the benefit sooner, or hang around and grab a newer model when they have dropped in price.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Damn, I was really hoping for a better price for the 48CX. Will probably just go for a 55 C9 instead.
I'm in the same boat. To me though, the 55 seems like a great middle ground. I don't want a massive TV, but I also don't wanna regret going too small. Especially for split screen gaming it would make quite the difference I feel. I'm basically waiting for something along the lines of 1100€ and then I'll bite.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I'm in the same boat. To me though, the 55 seems like a great middle ground. I don't want a massive TV, but I also don't wanna regret going too small. Especially for split screen gaming it would make quite the difference I feel. I'm basically waiting for something along the lines of 1100€ and then I'll bite.

The prices on some of the sets are already lower than they were a year ago. We may not seen the exact same discount strategy as last year.

Also, as has been discussed before , the 48inch model has the lowest margins, so is the one likely to be reduced the least- especially as it hold a unique position in the market with 0 competition.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
So the CX will have no improvement over C9 on the burn-in prevention?

C8,C9 and CX are the same in this regard.

EDIT: Well, can't be said 100%, maybe they increased the subpizel size in CX which would help but I would be surprised if that's the case, considering it didn't change with the C9 compared to the C8.

FlyStarJay

Jan 7, 2018
European 2020 prices are out. Copy paste from AVSfourm.

Source:
https://www.computerbase.de/2020-03/...r-2020-preise/
Model Resolution Availability Price
OLED65RX9LA 4K noch keine Angabe 59.999 Euro
OLED88ZX9LA 8K Mai 2020 29.999 Euro
OLED77ZX9LA 8K Juni 2020 19.999 Euro
OLED65WX9LA 4K April 2020 4.999 Euro
OLED77GX9LA 4K Mai 2020 7.999 Euro
OLED65GX9LA 4K April 2020 3.999 Euro
OLED55GX9LA 4K April 2020 2.499 Euro
OLED77CX9LA 4K Mai 2020 6.999 Euro
OLED65CX9LA 4K April 2020 3.099 Euro
OLED55CX9LA 4K April 2020 2.299 Euro
OLED48CX9LB 4K Mai 2020 1.799 Euro

Were this prices similar to the price last year? The 48inch cx seems expensive, hoping it would be below £1000, maybe I was dreaming

FlyStarJay

Jan 7, 2018
The prices on some of the sets are already lower than they were a year ago. We may not seen the exact same discount strategy as last year.

Also, as has been discussed before , the 48inch model has the lowest margins, so is the one likely to be reduced the least- especially as it hold a unique position in the market with 0 competition.

What do you mean by lower margin please?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Were this prices similar to the price last year? The 48inch cx seems expensive, hoping it would be below £1000, maybe I was dreaming

Yeah they are IIRC. If the 48CX even drops that low (which I'm not sure it will) it will only be once the 11-series releases (so around Spring 2021).

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
What was the MSRP at launch for the 55" C9 ? 2500€/$?

Oh wow, this is very exciting then. I had heard prices might be dropping for this line - delicious.

Also, I think that anyone who's not sure if they want to pony up for an OLED should watch this video:

TL;DR is that while OLEDs and QLEDs are somewhat comparable in movie/cinema mode, OLED is far better by most metrics in low-latency game mode.

ppn7

May 4, 2019
Motion interpolation adds around 90ms of latency. So with Vsync ON. it will be a total of 190/200ms right ?

Is there a way to test on a Pc monitor how feel a 200ms latency ? Because I can only test Vsync on so it's only 80/100ms but I still enjoy TPS games. Not sure about 200ms...

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I have a B6 (2016 65", is that how it works?)

I want to get all the new new vrr HDMI etc etc

I'm a bit confused on the new current designations, what is the difference between CX and BX ?

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Yeah. I'd imagine that it's either an nvidia thing, or an LG thing where they haven't paid a license for that model.

They are both being odd about how they are talking about VRR/GSYNC/Freesync. They all sit on top of the same standards when going across HDMI.
Thank you for clearing up the confusion. That's really weird but the point of LG not licensing it for that model kinda makes sense, even though it would be weird to omit it from the premium models entirely.

I guess I have to chose between the GX and WX after all. The W series would look amazing on my wall but I really hate the massive soundbar, have no use for it and wish they'd ship it with a connector box like Samsung does. The GX looks good, is thinner than the other regular models but it's still a lot thicker compared to the WX.

I care more about VRR for consoles than G-Sync but it would be nice to have. Has G-Sync been confirmed for the GX?

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question

Just wait. You want TV for next gen consoles, so wait and buy TV when next gen consoles are released. End of the year LG CX will be like 80% cheaper (check that C9 price history graph above).

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I have a B6 (2016 65", is that how it works?)

I want to get all the new new vrr HDMI etc etc

I'm a bit confused on the new current designations, what is the difference between CX and BX ?

BX is the worse one. I'm not sure what the differences are, but the B9's cutbacks came in the form of lower brightness and an older, weaker processor leading to worse visual processing and upscaling. I remember hearing that the CX has some unique advanced AI upscaling tech the learns over time and recognises different genres - I wouldn't be shocked if the BX doesn't have that.

JiyuuTenshi

Oct 28, 2017
Planning to get the CX 48" sometime this year, but as it's only coming out in May and I'm going to be away from home for most of the summer anyway, I'll likely wait with buying it till fall.

I'm not going to be able to take full advantage of the display till getting a new GPU for my PC or one/both of the upcoming consoles, so I'm not in much of a hurry anyway. My 1440p QLED monitor should be more than enough for my current gaming setup.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
BX is the worse one. I'm not sure what the differences are, but the B9's cutbacks came in the form of lower brightness and an older, weaker processor leading to worse visual processing and upscaling. I remember hearing that the CX has some unique advanced AI upscaling tech the learns over time and recognises different genres - I wouldn't be shocked if the BX doesn't have that.

Edit: oops hit reply with no message

Okay so yeah that makes sense, I wonder if upscaling stuff matters to me specifically for console gaming? I guess I just don't understand how that stuff works.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Increasing motion resolution. It's not as handy during games due to adding some input latency but it's great for movies and other video content.

For what it's worth, I have heard some people recommending it when playing games - though maybe just when they're already at high framerates. Apparently it fixes some of the common issues with sample-and-hold displays and brings things closer to the responsiveness of a CRT.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
Is there a way to test on a Pc monitor how feel a 200ms latency ? Because I can only test Vsync on so it's only 80/100ms but I still enjoy TPS games. Not sure about 200ms...
Don't know if you can simulate that but from my own Experience I can say that inputlag becomes really noticeable from 40MS. I would not play on a screen with 200ms of inputlag.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Not taking money in consideration , if I plan to buy an LG OLED for the PS5, what does the CX9 concretely has that the C9 won't? I'm not sure I understand what HDMI 2.1 entails and if the C9 will be updated for VRR and stuff like that

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Not taking money in consideration , if I plan to buy an LG OLED for the PS5, what does the CX9 concretely has that the C9 won't? I'm not sure I understand what HDMI 2.1 entails and if the C9 will be updated for VRR and stuff like that
C9 has HDMI 2.1 which allows for VRR. I'm not sure if the CX has a more feature-rich/complete HDMI 2.1? I guess I don't know if there's a difference. Therefore I think I helped you exactly 0%.

JiyuuTenshi

Oct 28, 2017
I think these are the additional features the CX line has over the C9 one:

- FreeSync support
- 4k120 over HDMI 2.0 (via 4:2:0, C9 only supports it from an HDMI 2.1 source)
- 120Hz BFI
- Cinema Motion Pro
- 3rd gen Alpha-9 processor
- Dolby Vision IQ (dynamically adjust HDR based on light sensor data)

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
C9 has HDMI 2.1 which allows for VRR. I'm not sure if the CX has a more feature-rich/complete HDMI 2.1? I guess I don't know if there's a difference. Therefore I think I helped you exactly 0%.
You see I wasn't even sure the C9 would be HDMI 2.1 ready. So you helped me at least 25% :)
I'm trying to look for it on internet, but I can't make sure what features are CX9 exclusive, with my limited understanding of technologies ^^

I think these are the additional features the CX line has over the C9 one:

- FreeSync support
- 4k120 over HDMI 2.0 (via 4:2:0, C9 only supports it from an HDMI 2.1 source)
- 120Hz BFI
- Cinema Motion Pro
- 3rd gen Alpha-9 processor
- Dolby Vision IQ (dynamically adjust HDR based on light sensor data)

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Ok so now I have these questions ^^
- Isn't Free Sync and VRR the same thing?
-C9 being HDMI 2.1 compatible, I could get 4K120 anyway on the C9 correct?
-Cinema Motion Pro : is this something similar as True Motion on older LG LCD panels like the one I currently have?
-What are the advantages of the new proc compared to the previous one?

Dolby Vision IQ seems like something I'd really want for HDR games :)

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
I'm also planning on buying a TV for the next gen in mind. Would you recommend waiting for the PS5 reveal before buying a new TV or is something like the C9 a safe bet? I heard that the new line of Sony TV's are kind of a mess when it comes to HDMI 2.1 support and that makes me slightly nervous.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
What would be the difference between the C and B series for the same type?

For 2019 IIRC they only added hdmi 2.1 features to the C series, but I take this is no longer the case here

Broken Hope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You see I wasn't even sure the C9 would be HDMI 2.1 ready. So you helped me at least 25% :)
I'm trying to look for it on internet, but I can't make sure what features are CX9 exclusive, with my limited understanding of technologies ^^

Ok so now I have these questions ^^
- Isn't Free Sync and VRR the same thing?
-C9 being HDMI 2.1 compatible, I could get 4K120 anyway on the C9 correct?
-Cinema Motion Pro : is this something similar as True Motion on older LG LCD panels like the one I currently have?
-What are the advantages of the new proc compared to the previous one?

Dolby Vision IQ seems like something I'd really want for HDR games :)

Games aren't using Dolby Vision.