• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Just played some Deus Ex. I can confirm inputlag is also higher here on PC input vs. console input, which is highly disappointing.

My PS4 settings:
Resolution - 2160p YUV420
RGB range - Limited
HDR and colour depth both Automatic

Please tell me I did something wrong.

Oct 27, 2017
Just played some Deus Ex. I can confirm inputlag is also higher here on PC input vs. console input, which is highly disappointing.

My PS4 settings:
Resolution - 2160p YUV420
RGB range - Limited

Please tell me I did something wrong.
These are correct, and because of the added input lag in PC mode I've switched back to traditional game mode for SDR and HDR. I've done a lot of experimenting with settings here and on other sites and have come up with my own best settings that I really enjoy.

For anyone interested, here are my settings:

SDR Game Mode (non PC input):
OLED Light: 45 at night when my room is dim, 80 through the day (this setting doesn't effect picture quality, mostly whatever you prefer)
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 50
Sharpness: 10 (0 is technically more correct, but I sit relatively far away and like the slightly added sharpness)
Color: 43
Tint: 0
Color Temperature: W45
Dynamic Contrast: OFF
Dynamic Color: OFF
Super Resolution: OFF
Color Gamut: WIDE (Forced)
Gamma: MEDIUM
Noise Reduction: OFF
MPEG Noise Reduction: OFF
Black Level: LOW
Real Cinema: OFF (Forced)
Motion Eye Care: OFF
TruMotion: OFF (Forced)

HDR Game Mode (Non PC Input):

Yes, this is dimmer than P40L0's suggestions, but I've found the tradeoffs to get the brighter image just weren't worth it to me. Also worth noting that this isn't actually that dim, especially if you can set in game HDR brightness to 4000 nits. Still an amazing upgrade over SDR.

OLED Light: 100 (should always be set to max for HDR)
Contrast: 100
Sharpness: 10 (0 is technically more correct, but I sit relatively far away and like the slightly added sharpness)
Color: 55
Color Gamut: AUTO
Gamma: MEDIUM (Forced)

Consoles:

PS4 settings:
Resolution - 2160p RGB
RGB range - Limited

Xbox One settings:
TV Resolution: 4K
TV Connection: AUTO-DETECT
Color Depth: 8-BIT
Color Space: Standard (Recommended)
Advanced settings: ALLOW ALL (50HZ/24HZ/HDR/DOLBYVISION/4K) and YCC 4:2:2

Let me know what you guys think, just remember a lot of this comes down to preference and you should use whatever looks good to you.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. Would you say this is a better option?
I do, yes. In SDR Game Mode you can mostly correct the oversaturated colors in locked Wide Color Gamut by setting Color to 39. The HDR brightness in PC Standard Picture mode unfortunately isn't actually fixing the dim tonemapping, but just taking that dim picture and blowing it out. Dynamic Contrast in either PC Game Mode or HDMI Game Mode also sadly does the same thing. It's unfortunate that LG made so many errors with this TV, but SDR Game Mode with Color 39 and HDR Game Mode with an external device to inject metadata is unfortunately the best solutions right now, in my opinion.

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question : I have a LG B8 and I've read for Gaming mode best colour fidelity is with temperature at W45. What do you all say ? Thanks

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I do, yes. In SDR Game Mode you can mostly correct the oversaturated colors in locked Wide Color Gamut by setting Color to 39. The HDR brightness in PC Standard Picture mode unfortunately isn't actually fixing the dim tonemapping, but just taking that dim picture and blowing it out. Dynamic Contrast in either PC Game Mode or HDMI Game Mode also sadly does the same thing. It's unfortunate that LG made so many errors with this TV, but SDR Game Mode with Color 39 and HDR Game Mode with an external device to inject metadata is unfortunately the best solutions right now, in my opinion.

Yeah well that's where things get to complicated for me. Another device behind my TV and I have no idea how this all works. Guess I'll just have to live with it. Picture is still better than most other people's TV's, if that's any comfort.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Should I stick to the e7 or upgrade to the e9?
The 9 series is a major improvement over the 7 series. Proper gamut in SDR game mode, proper tonemapping in HDR game mode when there's no metadata present, better burn-in resistance, and of course all the benefits of HDMI 2.1. But the 10 series will be even better, and so on and so forth. So it depends how happy you are with your 7 and how long you're comfortable waiting.
I have a question : I have a LG B8 and I've read for Gaming mode best colour fidelity is with temperature at W45. What do you all say ? Thanks
Yes, W45 is considered the most accurate.
Yeah well that's where things get to complicated for me. Another device behind my TV and I have no idea how this all works. Guess I'll just have to live with it. Picture is still better than most other people's TV's, if that's any comfort.
Oh yeah, absolutely. Believe it or not, I own an HDFury Linker but I am not using it. I spent a lot of money on it and a dongle to control it with my phone, but I just don't like the hassle... I also can't leave it in my setup chain as it doesn't support ARC. Ultimately I decided to get my HDR gaming fix on PC and am hoping that PS5 delivers metadata in its signal, which will fix the dim HDR, so I can finally play my HDR PS4 backlog without having to deal with plugging and unplugging the linker. I can literally fix the dim HDR on my B7 by just plugging something in, but I am that lazy lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I've found it the most accurate along with Game SDR color set to 43. I've seen people with other settings, so this may vary a bit between TV's. Best method is to try differents settings out and flip between game mode and technicolor expert (or another calibrated setting) and see what looks closest to you. Because game mode is forced to Wide Color Gamut it'll never look 100% the same.

OP
OP
P40L0

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
These are correct, and because of the added input lag in PC mode I've switched back to traditional game mode for SDR and HDR. I've done a lot of experimenting with settings here and on other sites and have come up with my own best settings that I really enjoy.

For anyone interested, here are my settings:

SDR Game Mode (non PC input):
OLED Light: 45 at night when my room is dim, 80 through the day (this setting doesn't effect picture quality, mostly whatever you prefer)
Contrast: 85
Color: 43
Color Gamut: WIDE (Forced)
Gamma: MEDIUM

HDR Game Mode (Non PC Input):

Yes, this is dimmer than P40L0's suggestions, but I've found the tradeoffs to get the brighter image just weren't worth it to me. Also worth noting that this isn't actually that dim, especially if you can set in game HDR brightness to 4000 nits. Still an amazing upgrade over SDR.

OLED Light: 100 (should always be set to max for HDR)
Contrast: 100
Color: 55
Color Gamut: AUTO
Gamma: MEDIUM (Forced)

Consoles:

PS4 settings:
Resolution - 2160p RGB
RGB range - Limited

Xbox One settings:
TV Resolution: 4K
TV Connection: AUTO-DETECT
Color Depth: 8-BIT
Color Space: Standard (Recommended)
Advanced settings: ALLOW ALL (50HZ/24HZ/HDR/DOLBYVISION/4K) and YCC 4:2:2

Let me know what you guys think, just remember a lot of this comes down to preference and you should use whatever looks good to you.
That's very similar to my "old" Option 1 presets, therefore a perfectly viable alternative outside "PC Mode". I see no problems at all with it, it's just a matter of personal preferences.
You won't have 4:4:4 chroma outside "PC Mode" tho, so the PS4 Pro "RGB Limited" setting will results 4:2:2 chroma at max (same as X1X settings).

As other users said, E9 is of course a superior TV in every aspect, but if it's worth over a thousand dollars more it's up to you.
I'm still very satisfied with my B7 overall picture quality as of today, but I also highly expect future games (Scarlett/PS5) to bring Dolby Vision and Dynamic HDR metadata also for games, so 2017 models could still be very future proof, especially in Dolby Vision (low latency) Game preset that is great.

Last edited:

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
P40L0 Since you're not experiencing higher inputlag on Xbox, what do you think can cause this on PS4? The difference is significant.

OP
OP
P40L0

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
P40L0 Since you're not experiencing higher inputlag on Xbox, what do you think can cause this on PS4? The difference is significant.
I cannot test it directly, but I'm pretty sure X1X + PC HDR Standard input lag gets better when selecting 10-bit Color Depth opposed to 8-bit selection in X1X Video Settings.
That could mean different things tho, as on X1X this actually translates to "who" processes the signal before sending it to screen (8-bit option -> signal is just bypassed to the TV to handle; 10-bit option -> signal is first processed by the console and, no matter the video source color depth, a pre-processed 10-bit signal will be always sent to the TV both for SDR and HDR, and in this case it seems to "save" the extra latency).

I'm not sure, but probably PS4 Pro just always pass the source signal to the TV to handle.

Maverick-Swe

Nov 26, 2017
Sweden
Depends if you want a future proof TV which lasts for min 4-5 years or if you are comfortable upgrading every 2 years for some smaller improvements. My advice wait until 8K hits for the regular models which I'm hoping for to arrive next year or in 2021 if we're unlucky. The 7-series are still very good. I just reset my C7 as I thought it was a bit sluggish in WebOs. Now it feels like new again and fast in the menus.

Atm Lg has rolled out 8K but only for the very very expensive Z9 model which is only sold in some few countries, probably due to its high price. I'm hoping this is for LG to test 8K even further in their factories and go all in with 8K next year. Worst case 2021 but I find it unlikely. Personally I think I'll upgrade to next years Lg Oleds but only if 8K is included and the price is reasonable like 2000-2200€ during black friday. Which is a great month as both X2 and Ps5 will be released.

OP
OP
P40L0

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
All 6 Calibrated Profiles updated in the OP to v7.2.2 with minor changes as:

1. Color Temperature tweaked profile by profile (compared to calibrated reference);
  2. PC HDR Standard Color value slightly raised to 43;
  3. Added Sharpness setting suggestion (personal preference between 0 and 10 values);
  4. Default SDR OLED Light value increased for mixed daily usage;
  5. SDR Contrast/Brightness values back to initial calibration for best overall mixed usage with any type of content;
  6. Option 2 SDR/HDR presets are the overall Recommended for gaming on X1X, but if you still feel higher input lag, Option 1 is the best alternative possible for gaming on this TV series.

Last edited:

FinalDOOM

Aug 7, 2019
Unfortunately, after weeks of test, I personally can confirm that option 2 also results in an added input lag on Xbox One X; I was hoping that this was only a personal placebo effect, but the increased input lag is real.

It is less noticeable in 60fps games (I tested Resident Evil 2) and third person games, but after hours passed on Far Cry 5, that is a very responsive 30fps game, the increased input lag was evident.

I've now settled with option 1 and dynamic contrast on medium, and I don't want to spend any more time switching input back and forth.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Unfortunately, after weeks of test, I personally can confirm that option 2 also results in an added input lag on Xbox One X; I was hoping that this was only a personal placebo effect, but the increased input lag is real.

It is less noticeable in 60fps games (I tested Resident Evil 2) and third person games, but after hours passed on Far Cry 5, that is a very responsive 30fps game, the increased input lag was evident.

I've now settled with option 1 and dynamic contrast on medium, and I don't want to spend any more time switching input back and forth.

I already thought it was weird the was no lag in Xbox, but apparently there is. Some people are more sensitive to it, I guess. Deus Ex MD feels absolutely terrible on PC input. The game's controls are a little floaty by themselves already.

da1eb7150

May 13, 2019
All 6 Calibrated Profiles updated in the OP to v7.2.2 with minor changes as:

1. Color Temperature tweaked profile by profile (compared to calibrated reference);
  2. PC HDR Standard Color value slightly raised to 43;
  3. Added Sharpness setting suggestion (personal preference between 0 and 10 values);
  4. Default SDR OLED Light value increased for mixed daily usage;
  5. SDR Contrast/Brightness values back to initial calibration for best overall mixed usage with any type of content;
  6. Option 2 SDR/HDR presets are the overall Recommended for gaming on X1X, but if you still feel higher input lag, Option 1 is the best alternative possible for gaming on this TV series.
Why do you recommend trumotion set to user 0 0

OP
OP
P40L0

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Why do you recommend trumotion set to user 0 0
Because in "non-Game" and "non-PC Mode" presets, even with RealCinema enabled, there is still a bit of stutter during motion, especially on 24hz content.
TruMotion set on 0,0 fixes this issue without adding visual artefacts.

Game presets and PC Mode are not affected as, even with forced RealCinema and TruMotion disabled, those have special motion processing to ensure 21ms input lag and motion smoothness.

da1eb7150

May 13, 2019
Because in "non-Game" and "non-PC Mode" presets, even with RealCinema enabled, there is still a bit of stutter during motion, especially on 24hz content.

Game presets and PC Mode are not affected as, even with forced RealCinema and TruMotion disabled, those have special motion processing to ensure 21ms input lag and motion smoothness.
Even set to 0 I have judder I'm watching the tennis on the amazon prime TV app and its not as smooth as the same app on my s10 plus

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017

Did you already tried out a fast paced shooter like Rage or CoD on PC input? Just like FinalDOOM already confirmed, there is more inputlag that way. It's not just PS4, but also Xbox.

OP
OP
P40L0

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Did you already tried out a fast paced shooter like Rage or CoD on PC input? Just like FinalDOOM already confirmed, there is more inputlag that way. It's not just PS4, but also Xbox.
Yes, I tried for a couple of hours yesterday and, while all SDR presets in PC Mode have the same identical response of Game Mode, I indeed experienced a slightly more delay using PC HDR Standard compared to HDR Game profile playing BFV and Halo MCC at 60fps...

After that, I must also say I'm enjoying Option 1 again after having abandoned it for a while (and considering it's now also even more accurate) ;)

FinalDOOM

Aug 7, 2019
Yes, I tried for a couple of hours yesterday and, while all SDR presets in PC Mode have the same identical response of Game Mode, I indeed experienced a slightly more delay using PC HDR Standard compared to HDR Game profile playing BFV and Halo MCC at 60fps...

After that, I must also say I'm enjoying Option 1 again after having abandoned it for a while (and considering it's now also even more accurate) ;)
Option 1 HDR is overall great but, in my opinion, setting DC to high makes the picture extremely washed out to the point that the game look is highly changed and unrecognizable, surely not the HDR picture the developers want us to see.
In the past weeks I tried many games with DC to high, all looked cold (even with W45 color temperature) and/or washed out (for example Days Gone, that has very good HDR implementation).

DC set to medium is the only way for me with option 1, despite some games still looks veeeeery dark with it. For example Man of Medan is extremely dark when in HDR option 1.

But I think game mode is the only way, for now...

OP
OP
P40L0

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Option 1 HDR is overall great but, in my opinion, setting DC to high makes the picture extremely washed out to the point that the game look is highly changed and unrecognizable, surely not the HDR picture the developers want us to see.
In the past weeks I tried many games with DC to high, all looked cold (even with W45 color temperature) and/or washed out (for example Days Gone, that has very good HDR implementation).

DC set to medium is the only way for me with option 1, despite some games still looks veeeeery dark with it. For example Man of Medan is extremely dark when in HDR option 1.

But I think game mode is the only way, for now...
To offset High DC color washing in HDR Game you have to use Wide Gamut + Color 48, Brightness 53 and Color Temperature W50.

Make also sure all the other TV/Console settings are dialed in exactly as stated in the Option 1 docs.

Outside of very minor black clipping looks stellar and very close to HDR Technicolor with Active HDR accuracy to me, and a bit more bright.

da1eb7150

May 13, 2019
To offset High DC color washing in HDR Game you have to use Wide Gamut + Color 48, Brightness 53 and Color Temperature W50.

Make also sure all the other TV/Console settings are dialed in exactly as stated in the Option 1 docs.

Outside of very minor black clipping looks stellar and very close to HDR Technicolor with Active HDR accuracy to me, and a bit more bright.
If using injection would you recommend option 1 but with dc on?

FinalDOOM

Aug 7, 2019

I use these exact settings and still see a huge difference in colors. The image appears washed out and the difference from DC off/low/medium is tangible.

OP
OP
P40L0

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
I use these exact settings and still see a huge difference in colors. The image appears washed out and the difference from DC off/low/medium is tangible.
No "huge" color differences noticed on my B7, just a slight black crush but great PQ overall and steady low input lag.

If both Option 1 and Option 2 still doesn't look or feel good to you, the only (less viable) alternatives would be:

a. Use regular HDR Game with Medium DC, but a lot dimmer image in many occasions;
b. Buy a Linker, but adding a lot more fiddling with settings and changing metadata based on content;
c. Buying a newer 2018 or 2019 LG TV, and using Dynamic Tone Mapping, but spending a lot of money that may not be worth for this feature alone, at least to me.

GReeeeN

Senior Analyst at GSD
Verified
Mar 6, 2018
so whats the consensus on PC HDR Standard vs HDR Game mode now?, is everyone moving back to HDR Game mode because of the increased input lag now even noticed on the Xbox One X now?.

I know it comes down to personal preference, but what are most users doing at this stage?

OP
OP
P40L0

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
so whats the consensus on PC HDR Standard vs HDR Game mode now?, is everyone moving back to HDR Game mode because of the increased input lag now even noticed on the Xbox One X now?.

I know it comes down to personal preference, but what are most users doing at this stage?
I think it's really a matter of personal preference at this point:
  • If you are noticing increased response latency while using PC HDR Standard, switch back to Option 1;
  • If response is the same as HDR Game, stick with Option 2.
Personally I really haven't noticed any input lag increase after many hours of usage, but recently after playing some very fast paced 60fps games, the delay was actually there for me, so I moved back everything (TV, Console and In-Game settings) to Option 1 (that it's still GREAT now anyway).

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
GReeeeN P40L0 We need to distinct 2 things here: input (console and PC) and mode (game mode, standard mode etc.). I think it's clear to say that PC input increases the inputlag compared to console input, no matter which platform or mode you use.

Option 1 is superior if we talk about inputlag.

OP
OP
P40L0

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
GReeeeN P40L0 We need to distinct 2 things here: input (console and PC) and mode (game mode, standard mode etc.). I think it's clear to say that PC input increases the inputlag compared to console input, no matter which platform or mode you use.

Option 1 is superior if we talk about inputlag.
Yes, with Option 1 (and "Game Console" input) we're 100% sure to have same 21ms low input lag for both SDR and HDR.

With Option 2 (and "PC Input") it's 100% sure to have low input lag in SDR, but HDR results a bit inconsistent (meters result in 21ms also there, but users reported added delay in fast paced games compared to HDR Game).

In the end you can pick whatever looks/feels better to you.
Personally I'm now back to Option 1.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Yes, with Option 1 (and "Game Console" input) we're 100% sure to have same 21ms low input lag for both SDR and HDR.

With Option 2 (and "PC Input") it's 100% sure to have low input lag in SDR, but HDR results a bit inconsistent (meters result in 21ms also there, but users reported added delay in fast paced games compared to HDR Game).

In the end you can pick whatever looks/feels better to you.
Personally I'm now back to Option 1.

Option 2 (specifically: every non "game-mode-mode") gives me inputlag in both SDR and HDR. Rage 2 feels way better when using game mode.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Guys I have a question about burn in and retention. For those of you that okay extensively, is this a real risk or not on the One X?

As you know static HuD elements are pretty much guaranteed to appear in most games, so I'm wondering if an OLED is the right option for me. As an owner of the older plasma technologies, I got nasty burn in from it and dont want this to become and issue 3 years later.

Your thoughts?

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Guys I have a question about burn in and retention. For those of you that okay extensively, is this a real risk or not on the One X?

As you know static HuD elements are pretty much guaranteed to appear in most games, so I'm wondering if an OLED is the right option for me. As an owner of the older plasma technologies, I got nasty burn in from it and dont want this to become and issue 3 years later.

Your thoughts?
As long as you don't let the same screen sit for 5-10 hours every day it won't really be an issue. In most games you open menus, map, inventory etc, so the exact same picture frame won't be on the screen constantly. The only exception i can think of is Breath of the Wild which has the red hearts on screen constantly even in menus. In short, not an issue.

And if you DO get image retention, you'll have to focus to actually see it when in motion anyway.

FinalDOOM

Aug 7, 2019

Your thoughts?
In one and half year of gaming usage, both sdr and hdr, I never noticed any sort of burn in.

Only one time, after 4 hours of Wolfenstein 2, I noticed a slightly hud retention on gray background (one of the background of the One X). The hud retention was not there after a quick tv restart.

Burn in is not a problem for these tvs, unless you play 10 hours in a row per day with some elements always on screen.

OP
OP
P40L0

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy

Your thoughts?
As long as you don't let the same screen sit for 5-10 hours every day it won't really be an issue. In most games you open menus, map, inventory etc, so the exact same picture frame won't be on the screen constantly. The only exception i can think of is Breath of the Wild which has the red hearts on screen constantly even in menus. In short, not an issue.

And if you DO get image retention, you'll have to focus to actually see it when in motion anyway.
In one and half year of gaming usage, both sdr and hdr, I never noticed any sort of burn in.

Only one time, after 4 hours of Wolfenstein 2, I noticed a slightly hud retention on gray background (one of the background of the One X). The hud retention was not there after a quick tv restart.

Burn in is not a problem for these tvs, unless you play 10 hours in a row per day with some elements always on screen.
I agree with all the statements above.

After 2 years of intense, mixed usage (Gaming, Movies, TV Shows and Regular TV), both in SDR/HDR and Dolby Vision (using all the settings you can find in the first post) I had no permanent burn-in at all, and picture quality is the same as the day I bought my B7, if not better (some initial uniformity issues on the lower grayscale are now gone after all these hours of usage).

Permanent burn-in with these TVs could be possible only when watching static logos (as CNN) for more than 10 hours a day, every day, for months -> therefore is almost impossible to appear.

If you're on the fence on buying an LG 2017, 2018 or 2019 OLED for this reason alone, don't worry about it.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
About preventing burn in/retention, I'm a new owner of a C8. I see I can manually run the Pixel Refresher (which I shouldn't unless I have retentionts if I'm not mistaken) but I see no option to check if the automatic refresher that is supposed to do every 4 hours is on or off, I take it's always on and I can't mistakenly turning it off, right?

OP
OP
P40L0

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
About preventing burn in/retention, I'm a new owner of a C8. I see I can manually run the Pixel Refresher (which I shouldn't unless I have retentionts if I'm not mistaken) but I see no option to check if the automatic refresher that is supposed to do every 4 hours is on or off, I take it's always on and I can't mistakenly turning it off, right?
Exactly, you can't turn it off, so it will run a short cycle after 10 min and another longer cycle after 4 hours off.
Make just sure you have OLED Pixel Shift ON.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Exactly, you can't turn it off, so it will run a short cycle after 10 min and another longer cycle after 4 hours off.
Make just sure you have OLED Pixel Shift ON.

Nice!

Yeah I have that on, I also have that logo dimming on Low for now for HUDs (and TV logos) although not sure if I should keep it or not (I haven't noticed any change in PQ so far but haven't had time to use the TV much yet).

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I have burned in my LG B7, but not from gaming. Instead it was from using it as a work monitor as well, a part of a programs UI caused a large vertical burn down the left side of the screen, about a quarter ways in. I didn't think it'd happen as the UI is dark greys. Thankfully it's only noticeable in areas of flat vibrant colors. So I can only see it in certain game menus and retro games.

OP
OP
P40L0

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
I have burned in my LG B7, but not from gaming. Instead it was from using it as a work monitor as well, a part of a programs UI caused a large vertical burn down the left side of the screen, about a quarter ways in. I didn't think it'd happen as the UI is dark greys. Thankfully it's only noticeable in areas of flat vibrant colors. So I can only see it in certain game menus and retro games.
I'm sorry to read that :(
The reality of these TVs and OLEDs in general is that they are not ideal for replacing real monitors or for serious desktop/work/PC usage yet for burn-in reason alone, but also because they're not optimized for Full RGB and PC HDR.

AMOLEDs on smartphone are ok instead, as for the daily mixed and not-so-prolonged usage of phones in general compared to work monitor and desktop scenario.

For regular Gaming, Movies and TV Shows usage the argument is not so different, therefore burn-in should be very very hard to ever happen in more common circumstances.