• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I've having a friend watch the 5th season of the OG series with me online each week bc we never finished it. It's gonna be interesting to see how the new series stacks up when we get to it.

Nov 2, 2017
I'm up to season 3 of my long overdue rewatch, taking my flatmate along for the ride. I've made sure that he went in blind, so he doesn't know about the Timothy Hutton thing. I'll break his heart with the news after the S5 finale. Friends make sure friends know about the glory that is Leverage. Friends also don't let friends have the experience ruined by the knowledge that one of the stars is bad.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Looks so good
I'm up to season 3 of my long overdue rewatch, taking my flatmate along for the ride. I've made sure that he went in blind, so he doesn't know about the Timothy Hutton thing. I'll break his heart with the news after the S5 finale. Friends make sure friends know about the glory that is Leverage. Friends also don't let friends have the experience ruined by the knowledge that one of the stars is bad.
My head canon now is his attempt to fake his death in the series finale failed and he's just dead

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
My head canon now is his attempt to fake his death in the series finale failed and he's just dead

This actually can't work. :(
Nate was the one who was caught and interrogated, recounting the "deaths" of the rest of the crew to Sterling and the FBI(?) lady.
I'm just assuming he's died of some alcoholism-related disease, tbh - drank like a fish and in his own words was a "functioning alcoholic".

Edit: Oop. Just realised this might count as a spoiler. Hiding it.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
This actually can't work. :(
Nate was the one who was caught and interrogated, recounting the "deaths" of the rest of the crew to Sterling and the FBI(?) lady.
I'm just assuming he's died of some alcoholism-related disease, tbh - drank like a fish and in his own words was a "functioning alcoholic".

Edit: Oop. Just realised this might count as a spoiler. Hiding it.
Oh sorry mixed it up with an earlier season finale then

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Reminder that half the season comes out this Friday. I totally lost track and thought it was a late July premiere.

Leverage-Redemption-2.jpg

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, Christian Kane is in this? I might need to watch the OG series, was it any good?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Oh shit, Christian Kane is in this? I might need to watch the OG series, was it any good?
It was excellent(although sadly one of the leads was revealed to be trash. He's not back in this though and we got Noah Wyle to replace his role which should be great).

OG show was a ton of fun

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It's up, saving it for later today so i can go all in

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
*slayven tears*

It's like coming home, they snapped right back into it.

Cinco

Oct 27, 2017
Did a rewatch in anticipation. Finished Wednesday. The Harrison/Parker hum and dance scene still gives all the feels and is probably the best one in the entire series.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Damn Wylie's origin story is great "All my life I prided myself on never picking a side, I think all those years maybe i did".

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Saw the first episode, great to have the band back but Nathan always felt like the heart. I'm not convinced yet the new guy is good enough.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Going to the theater tonight, gonna have to start my watch in the morning 😭

Anybody want to make an OT?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Saw the first episode, great to have the band back but Nathan always felt like the heart. I'm not convinced yet the new guy is good enough.
It's Noah Wyle, can't get a better heart fit than him(looks at the Librarian series. Apparently he's well known for ER?). Nate's actor was not brought back for good reason

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
It's Noah Wyle, can't get a better heart fit than him(looks at the Librarian series. Apparently he's well known for ER?). Nate's actor was not brought back for good reason
He was one of the main characters on ER. Hell, I'm pretty sure he was the longest running cast member.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I know, I liked him on ER, on the librarians and on falling skies. But I miss Nathan.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Making my way through EP3 now.
And surprisingly Nate is brought up quite a bit.
Liking it overall.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first ep and a quarter today and OH MY GOD THIS IS PERFECT. Absolutely beat-for-beat nailing the tone of the original while still being ridiculously topical. The Purdue settlement news with the family only taking a (relatively) light slap on the wrist broke last week. Watching their expy get absolutely shafted was hugely cathartic. Hardison is perfect, Eliot is perfect, Parker is perfect, Sophie is perfect - I started clapping at the climax of the first ep, and the thing with the Panamanian judge made me laugh out loud. Absolutely nailing it.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Binged these eps. Sad that Aldis Hodge isn't in it that much, but hoping the remainder of the episodes feature him more. There's a couple of plot holes in a couple of episodes, which is frustrating - in hindsight, there's just no reason for a couple of things. but, eh.... It's still a fantastic series.

Can't wait it yet but was wondering how much is Hardison in the new series?

Could be classed as a spoiler for number of episodes a cast member is in?

Just the first 2. They mention him throughout, but I would've enjoyed the series more if IMDB hadn't shit itself on the casting/how many episodes the cast were in. Every episode past 2 was a let-down because we hoped Hardison was in it, and then we realised he wasn't. It's absolutely worth a watch, but at the same time disappointing.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
Watched up to episode 3 last night. It's like it never left. The show is still so amazingly fun

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first ep and a quarter today and OH MY GOD THIS IS PERFECT. Absolutely beat-for-beat nailing the tone of the original while still being ridiculously topical. The Purdue settlement news with the family only taking a (relatively) light slap on the wrist broke last week. Watching their expy get absolutely shafted was hugely cathartic. Hardison is perfect, Eliot is perfect, Parker is perfect, Sophie is perfect - I started clapping at the climax of the first ep, and the thing with the Panamanian judge made me laugh out loud. Absolutely nailing it.
He is his father's son
tenor.gif

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it, really amazing how they under the character without acknowledging the actor