• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
TWO GOOD OLD BOYS, BEHIND THE WHEEL
CHASING DOWN BAD GUYS IN LUICELLE

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely blown away at how smoothly the new characters look like they've been integrated. It's wild.

Or Wylde, if you will.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what this show is. Someone give me the rundown and tell me why it's so good.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Give it to me nowwwwwwwwwwww.

DismalBlondCoot-max-1mb.gif

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Noah Wyle is a known great quantity for any ensemble cast to get, I'm totally in

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Yeh, that trailer really doesn't sell it to me...not seeing what people are so hyped for.

It's like Ocean's 11, but also not... Kinda feel-good heist plots, but what really makes it is the dialogue and performances. Come for Christian Kane looking hot, stay for Aldis Hodge's beautiful delivery of every single line (watch the outtakes for the series on YT).

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It's like Ocean's 11, but also not... Kinda feel-good heist plots, but what really makes it is the dialogue and performances. Come for Christian Kane looking hot, stay for Aldis Hodge's beautiful delivery of every single line (watch the outtakes for the series on YT).
The dialogue felt really hammy in the trailer, I could just be in the wrong mood. Do you think it does a good job of showing what it's like? Maybe it's just not for me....

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Omg, yes! I loved this show, i even tried and failed to find a place where I could watch the first season.

Can't wait! Burn notice next!

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Loving all the Burn Notice love in here. Just go back to Blue Sky TV, honestly. Viva la Psych!
The dialogue felt really hammy in the trailer, I could just be in the wrong mood. Do you think it does a good job of showing what it's like? Maybe it's just not for me....
Maybe. It's a fun, kinda quirky procedural show; it gets serious and emotional when it needs to, but that's not really the point. If you're looking for prestige television, this ain't it.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017

It can be a bit hammy, but it's also got some serious and emotional depth to it. I think the trailer does a good job of showing what it's like for fans of the series, but not for newbies. If you're vaguely interested, watch the first 3 or 4 eps of the original run (the first 2 are one storyline, and are a little different to the rest of the series, but setup the premise and the basics of the characters). The trailer has call-backs to the original series ("Dammit Hardison" being one), so if you've not seen it before then it will fall flat to some degree.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Loving all the Burn Notice love in here. Just go back to Blue Sky TV, honestly. Viva la Psych!

Maybe. It's a fun, kinda quirky procedural show; it gets serious and emotional when it needs to, but that's not really the point. If you're looking for prestige television, this ain't it.
It can be a bit hammy, but it's also got some serious and emotional depth to it. I think the trailer does a good job of showing what it's like for fans of the series, but not for newbies. If you're vaguely interested, watch the first 3 or 4 eps of the original run (the first 2 are one storyline, and are a little different to the rest of the series, but setup the premise and the basics of the characters). The trailer has call-backs to the original series ("Dammit Hardison" being one), so if you've not seen it before then it will fall flat to some degree.
Ah, right, makes perfect sense that it might not translate to new viewers as well, I can easily imagine how shows I love could have trailers like this that did the same.

Thanks for the explanations.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Some mixed feelings here. On the one hand, I loved Leverage so I'm definitely down for more and it looks like they've recaptured the original charm perfectly.

But I can't lie, the exclusion of Nate does have me worried. Don't get me wrong I totally get why the actor wasn't asked to return and agree that it was the right decision, but the fact remains that Nate was the heart and emotional core of the show. He was vital to the team dynamic.

I'm definitely going to watch, but that will be the biggest question for me. Can this work without Nate?

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I still need to watch the original. Through a weird circumstance, I ended up having dinner at E3 in 2016 with John Rogers, the co-creator of the show. He's great.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Glad
Some mixed feelings here. On the one hand, I loved Leverage so I'm definitely down for more and it looks like they've recaptured the original charm perfectly.

But I can't lie, the exclusion of Nate does have me worried. Don't get me wrong I totally get why the actor wasn't asked to return and agree that it was the right decision, but the fact remains that Nate was the heart and emotional core of the show. He was vital to the team dynamic.

I'm definitely going to watch, but that will be the biggest question for me. Can this work without Nate?
Was my feeling as well, then I remembered Noah Wyle is in this and he can easily take up the role.

Sadire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 31, 2017
Didn't know about Hutton, but whoo!

Was thinking about doing a full rewatch!

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

Nate's arc is done(and if they really want to close bridges make it so he didn't fake his death at the end of the series like everyone though). But yes it can, that's why they got Noah Wyle. Dude is dynamo of energy and heart and is the perfect fit for that role while bringing a different energy than Nate so it's not just a repeat. Dude is just fun. Heck on Librarians where he was just recurring he brought heart when he showed up. Plus we already know he has chemistry with one cast member thanks to that show