• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I'll go first.

latest

I really liked the design for the AT-M6.

Your turn.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Best thing to come out of the sequels was the Rise of the Resistance ride at Galaxy's Edge.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
TFA and TLJā€¦and the beautiful cinematography.

Shame about the finale.

edit:

uggi8singcg01.jpg

rf8n915opd841.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
I genuinely liked the de-Skywalkerfication of the Force that Rian Johnson was shooting for in TLJ. The idea of anyone being capable of tapping into it was FAR more appealing than it being some genetic birthright post-Order 66 (in the films, anyway).

And then RoS happened.

Adam Driver. Does that count?

His performance as Kylo/Ben was the only consistently great part of the movies.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Adam Driver.

The Lightsaber duels looked like actual sword fights and not just gymnastics.

OP
OP
MasterYoshi

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
bb-8.gif

BB-8 was legitimately cool and adorable as shit, and I loved that little droid before I ever saw him on the big screen.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
I loved the opening to The Force Awakens with Finn. The whole stretch of Finn waking up to how terrible everything the First Order was doing was then taking action to rescue Poe and escape with him was fantastic.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
It spawned the Lego TFA game which was really fun, really shook up the formula and even had a lot of the OG voice cast back to reprise their roles.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
They're certainly the best acted and best looking (from a technical standpoint) of the Skywalker Saga films. Granted there isn't that much competition considering the other movies are either old 70s-80s films or the fucking prequels lol

I do like Rey's theme a lot, the one real standout music track from John Williams this trilogy.

www.youtube.com

John Williams - Rey's Theme (Audio Only)

Disney+ is the only place to stream your favorites from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and more. Access it all in the US, Canada and t...

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the first two, enjoy TROS for the spectacle even if I'm not crazy about the plot.

Specifically for TROS, Keri Russell's character design is awesome.

chiller

Apr 23, 2021
Luke's (initial) disillusionment with the force, to the point of throwing his lightsaber away when returned to him.

Rey being "nobody" was great, at least until they completely undid it.

OP
OP
MasterYoshi

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I like how Han Solo was still a flawed character, and that he and Leia weren't some fairy tale ending after the original trilogy. I think his death was fantastic, a very emotional ending for him. I wish Chewbacca was utilized better in the story going forward, they really should have focused more on Chewie processing his grief and anger. Chewbacca always got the shaft.

Nov 27, 2020
There's a lot I love about the ST. The effects are outstanding, the music is great, the acting is good. They're very nice movies to look at and listen to. The new characters are fun, and I'd like to see them pop up again in the future.

My problem with the ST is purely on a conceptual, story level, starting with the need to reset everything back to Rebels vs. the Evil Empire in TFA. Even if they'd just flipped the roles, where the First Order was an insurgent force, supported by different factions in the galaxy against the New Republic, I think that would have been different enough to be interesting. I realize that's where the books set between ROTJ and TFA put the conflictā€¦but those are books, and probably should have been the movies.

OP
OP
MasterYoshi

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017

I don't give a shit if anyone hates this scene. I cried tears of joy and longing to be that 7 year old little boy who was fascinated with Star Wars and X-Wings again. Yoda's theme playing as a sort of poetry to him pulling out the X-Wing in ESB just made me cry even harder.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the Luke and Rey stuff in The Last Jedi. It's a shame that just about everything else in that movie is complete garbage

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I really love the main heroes (Rey, Finn, Poe, BB8) and am desperately hoping they get an animated series at some point to go on more adventures.

TFA is well paced and looks great and the humour is fantastic. And it has Harrison Ford and Sidon Ithano!

I like pretty much everything about TLJ.

I like that Wicket is in TROS. The opening scenes are fun. I like seeing Jedi Leia.

HMS_Pinafore

Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
I think the Luke, Rey and Kylo story line in TLJ is legitimately the best part of any starwars movie along side the throne room scenes from RotJ.

I also think the casting and performances were pretty good across the board.

Dec 26, 2017
It's a small thing, but the use of illuminated blades on the lightsaber props allowed for a lot of great visuals that the earlier movies never had - colored light being cast on the characters and environments, reflections of the blades in people's eyes or armor in closeups, stuff like that.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I loved the commitment to practical effects.

I especially loved that they went back and made a CG character from TFA practical in TROS. They stuck out like a sore thumb before, so good job!

Also the movies looked pretty great a lot of the time. Lots of cool aliens and other character designs in the background.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
User Warned: Drive-By Trolling
That they ended.

And the hours of entertainment the infighting between fans gave me.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the commitment to practical effects.

I especially loved that they went back and made a CG character from TFA practical in TROS. They stuck out like a sore thumb before, so good job!

Also the movies looked pretty great a lot of the time. Lots of cool aliens and other character designs in the background.
Drawing a blank, which character are you referring to? Maz?

Oct 29, 2017
Tfa was pretty fun to watch. There were some cool shots and designs across the series. I liked some of the characters and concepts even if I don't agree with how they got used. I think with some tweaks they could have been good.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
Sliiightly improved racial and ethnic diversity.

Still got a ways to go, though.

The Mandalorian has been even better on that front.

Still got a ways to go, though...

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
-TFA is perfectly watchable. Rey and Finn are likeable in it.
-Half of TLJ is some of the best Star Wars content. Canto Bight is also good world building material. I always appreciate more politics and economics in Star Wars.
-Adam Driver is great as Kylo.
-Snoke being a genetic creation. I actually find Sheev somehow surviving and essentially reusing the same plan pretty funny.
-Mark Hamill is excellent as Luke.
-I liked getting to see Leia use the Force.
-Some slick visuals, particularly in TLJ (like the hyperdrive kamikaze)
-TR-8R

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I think TLJ is the best Star Wars movie, but that answer feels like cheating, so I'll instead say: TFA assembled a truly fantastic cast.