• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell...OP made a good thread and put some effort going as far as creating a skin texture and half the people respond with memes...
First day on era? There isn't actually any gaming discussion here that often, just endless trolls, fan boys, reply notification bell fishing and once a thread gets to a hundred pages or so, maybe some actual discussion starts.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Ayyyy Demon I remember you from the old HaloGAF days

I definitely think they need some more fur. I know not all the games depicted them that way, though that's how I'll always see them. I'd also like em a bit bigger and truly imposing, but if they're going to be a common enemy then I guess I understand.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
The Infinite guy looks really good in the concept art, just didn't translate as well to the game. I think Brutes suck in all of their iterations though.

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 day): spamming low effort, driveby meme with purpose to derail and interrupt discussion.
boYsIFI.gif

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Tbf discussions about Halo Infinite are not going to be good almost anywhere lol.
But people could stop with the memes at least when the OP gives good points and criticism, wich is the case here.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
All I could think watching that brute monologue was "they really liked thanos I guess"

I mean, honestly I've never liked Brutes in the halo franchise. To go from the covenant to a bunch of gorillas in armour just never seemed particularly interesting to me. But these new ones just look awful.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure discourse is going to be a whole lot better anywhere right about now - especially in a discussion specifically on brutes.
You're not wrong. I was just hoping for some solid gameplay/story discussion as it looks like 343 has really improved both aspects coming off of H5.

Anyways, on-topic I think my favorite design of the Brutes is the OG Halo 2 concept art. It's a shame we never got anything that quite matched up. They did try to achieve this design in H2, but it really did not look anywhere near as good in-game.

RxTIFk4.jpg

In a way, I think they're facing a similar issue in Infinite. Escharum looks bad-ass in the concept art, but it did not translate all that well in-game.

SgALFXZ.jpg

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
You're not wrong. I was just hoping for some solid gameplay/story discussion as it looks like 343 has really improved both aspects coming off of H5.

Anyways, on-topic I think my favorite design of the Brutes is the OG Halo 2 concept art. It's a shame we never got anything that quite matched up. They did try to achieve this design in H2, but it really did not look anywhere near as good in-game.

RxTIFk4.jpg

In a way, I think they're facing a similar issue. Escharum looks bad-ass in the concept art, but it did not translate all too well in-game.

SgALFXZ.jpg

Holy shit, those are both wicked....

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They looked great in H2A and Halo Wars 2. I much prefer the wild gorilla hair over the human-like hair or straight up hairless ape that has launched 1000 memes

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
God It'd be so awesome if we kill War Chief Escharum a couple hours in and have Cortana and Atriox be the big villains. I do like the idea of an old brute chieftan wanting to be the one to kill Master Chief to cement his legacy, but Atriox is just so much cooler. I'll give Escharum a chance, but his design is not so great.
His name is fucking Escharum ??????????????????????????????????????????
I hope he is killed in the first hour if this is his name.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why did you edit your post to add my quote?

Shitposting the thread was not enough? Did you feel you needed to adress me specifically?
I would explain to you that it was all done in good fun but I get the sense that you are not receptible to that answer since you seem to take this thread very seriously.

Edit: I have removed your quote since you seem upset.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

RxTIFk4.jpg

In a way, I think they're facing a similar issue in Infinite. Escharum looks bad-ass in the concept art, but it did not translate all that well in-game.

SgALFXZ.jpg

The size of that gaping maw in the first image would run chill down my spine if I saw that in-game.

With regards 2nd image of Escharum, I cannot get over the impracticability of those two metallic projections from his breastplate. Unless it is purely ceremonial, it looks like one of those "cool for the sake being cool" design faux pas.

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
what's there to discuss? they are trash, the unnamed ones and the banished commander dude. just copy and paste the ones from H2A.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
The size of that gaping maw in the first image would run chill down my spine if I saw that in-game.

With regards 2nd image of Escharum, I cannot get over the impracticability of those two metallic projections from his breastplate. Unless it is purely ceremonial, it looks like one of those "cool for the sake being cool" design faux pas.
I don't really have an issue with the armor personally, but my comparison was more for the 'species' design.

wait, this is the dude from the trailer? if so:

aba.gif

(i dare this thread to make a brute gorilla edit of that gif)
It was indeed. He's looking quite a bit more plain than what they went for in the art. Hopefully something like a model touch up isn't too far out of the realm of possibility when there is still ~4 months till launch!

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020

RxTIFk4.jpg

SgALFXZ.jpg
Yep that Halo 2 art is *chef's kiss.

I also really like how the brute is depicted in the Live action ODST trailer.

One thing we don't get with playing as the Chief is just how fucking big the enemies are. Even those scrawny ass bird boys (Jackals) are taller than most people at 6'2 - 6'8.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I'm absolutely loving all the hilarious posts of that gif. I slowly scrolled the first page and cracked up completely each time. I was laughing again and again for almost 30 minutes. Absolutely comedy gold. Brilliant stuff guys

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

RxTIFk4.jpg

SgALFXZ.jpg
Damn wtf. Fix his face 343

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I find Halo aliens pretty boring... The small guys that run away and the brutes/chewbaccas are the worst offenders. The Flood is cool tho!

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The guy in the trailer looked fucking terrible, both in terms of design and graphics. Shit looked last-gen lol.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have an issue with the armor personally, but my comparison was more for the 'species' design.

It was indeed. He's looking quite a bit more plain than what they went for in the art. Hopefully something like a model touch up isn't too far out of the realm of possibility when there is still ~4 months till launch!

Honestly, if it was one or two things that need touching up I'd be optimistic, but almost every single thing we've seen in the trailer needs significant improvements, so I'm not very optimistic.

tbf, brutes are generally a kind of awful design and they never looked as cool as the covenant

Status
Not open for further replies.