• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
This was probably the worst of Sonys ps1 JRPGs

The most expensive and aged much worse than Arc the Lad or Wild Arms

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I love the game but I feel like this is second or even third thread about LoD in like a month. There is only so much to talk about. It's great. I want a remake. It holds a lot of nostalgia for me. I have played it like a dozen or so times at least. Heck even just something simple like a theme from Sony acknowledging it's existence would be nice. It's stupid. I literally hate them for not even doing the bare minimum for this fanbase. Stupid bullshit like Parappa the Rapper gets love but can't even acknowledge LoD. It's fucked up and Sony can stick it up their ass. Go wear some more Crash Bandicoot shirts guys and shill for third party games instead. Fucking frustrating. I get it's not a mega popular game but literally just the smallest things can do wonders. I'm not asking for much here.
You have my sword for literally everything you just said.

Edit: I like Crash Bandicoot though

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
I played a lot of PS1 RPGs, but I couldn't even get past the first disc of this one. Nothing in it really appealed to me.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
Don't care what anyone says this game was ridicolously good. It had everything a good RPG should have and in spades. Me and a friend loved it so much a few years ago he remixed a coupke of the games tracks. For the hardcore of fans they sound great the OST was stunning in this game.

m.soundcloud.com

Fizzle - Legend Of Dragoon Remix

Stream Fizzle - Legend Of Dragoon Remix by Fizzle Productionz on desktop and mobile. Play over 320 million tracks for free on SoundCloud.

m.soundcloud.com

Fizzle - Legend Of Dragoon End

Stream Fizzle - Legend Of Dragoon End by Fizzle Productionz on desktop and mobile. Play over 320 million tracks for free on SoundCloud.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing it recently for the first time in 20 years and it feels a bit like a mixed bag to me. The dungeons are downright bad and even with the green arrows everywhere it's confusing to see where you can go and what you can interact with. The room layout also doesn't make sense in the dungeons with how they are separate screens of different sizes with pre-rendered backgrounds. At the end of disc 1 I ran around for almost an hour looking for a way forward and the solution was to go back into one of the elevators since you did not get the option to go to floor 4 when you entered it on floor 2 but you did get the option if you entered it on floor 3.

I also dislike how you heal by defending since you can't really heal in any other way because of the limited inventory space. This leads to you ending many battles by defending over and over to heal up which drags down the tempo.

The rest of the combat is pretty good and the Additions make it a bit more engaging than your average JRPG combat. It's a bit simple apart from that though with little in terms of customization and magic. The story is well presented and has started to get a bit more interesting at the end of disc 2 and the world building and characters have been OK so far, even if the whole Dart and his little sister thingy is a bit dumb and anime. Good music and some of the pre-rendered backgrounds are gorgeous.

Not sure this could become a great game with a mere facelift tbh but I'm only at the halfway point. Nothing really stands out as exceptional apart from production values and that is compared to other PS1 games.

Oct 27, 2017
No. Legend of Dragoon was developed by SIE Japan Studio (SCE Japan Studio at the time). The Panzer Dragoon series were published and developed by SEGA and were mostly rail shooters. There was one however that was RPG and it was called Panzer Dragoon Saga. This game came out a year prior Legend of Dragoon's release.

I knew that they were developed by different studios. I'm curious about whether any artists or other developers were involved in both. Individuals instead of companies.