• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I legit wonder if this is going to be the moment for XBOX to shine on all the markets that are not good for them, since all of them are getting screwed with the price (Except Japan)

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I legit wonder if this is going to be the moment for XBOX to shine on all the markets that are not good for them, since all of them are getting screwed with the price (Except Japan)

Lmao you avatar is gold

Yeah, I think at home we're totally going for the Xbox. I don't think at launch but fuck it, I will miss PS5 exclusives but way too expensive.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huge increase for you I imagine. It surprises me that on exchange rate it's 60 something dollars, or is the calculation wrong?
It's definitely a huge increase. Real is the worst currency in the world right now in terms of value, and that might help understand why it seems so low in dollars. What helps illustrate this value is that the minimum monthly wage is R$ 1050.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The dollar conversion rate is getting ridiculous

a $10 USD increase should not mean $20.000 CLP increase ($25 USD approx)

Levitates

Apr 9, 2020
Brazil
I bought Crash Bandicoot 4 on PSN yesterday for R$ 200,00. (U$ 36,00).

Apparently Activision will not be selling physical copies in Brazil anymore. By doing this, they only pay ISS (15%) and not IPI (40%)...Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
It's definitely a huge increase. Real is the worst currency in the world right now in terms of value, and that might help understand why it seems so low in dollars. What helps illustrate this value is that the minimum monthly wage is R$ 1050.

Yeah, minimum wage is the accurate way of measure. A game in Brazil is a third of your mw, ours is a fourth, despite being higher in dollars. An actual luxury this hobby became.

Gives me flashback to the first years of the PS3.

FullNelson

Jan 28, 2019
The dollar conversion rate is getting ridiculous

a $10 USD increase should not mean $20.000 CLP increase ($25 USD approx)
It's insanity. I hope nobody buys that shit at that price.

Just two years ago I bought God of War a day before launch (thank you Megaplay) for 35.000 CLP. Hell, even in big retail games were 45.000 CLP a year ago.

Miopia

May 10, 2018
IMHO, The next gen prices here in Brazil solidifies the PC as the best plataform for us. The regionalized game prices and the flexibility of the hardware are vital. People tend to think you can only play games on PC with the latest and greatest hardware, but that is very far from the truth. I've been rocking my old 6th gen I7 and GTX 970, and, if you manage your expectations, it can be a very capable gaming machine.
Of course I'm already planning an upgrade for some next gen games, but the beauty of embracing PC is that it enables me to keep this nextgen-hypetrain in check, I simply feel less anxious about it.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Ok. Fuck everything. I'm going pc only til the end of this new generation, then i'll buy whatever i want at a reasonable price.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
IMHO, The next gen prices here in Brazil solidifies the PC as the best plataform for us. The regionalized game prices and the flexibility of the hardware are vital. People tend to think you can only play games on PC with the latest and greatest hardware, but that is very far from the truth. I've been rocking my old 6th gen I7 and GTX 970, and, if you manage your expectations, it can be a very capable gaming machine.
Of course I'm already planning an upgrade for some next gen games, but the beauty of embracing PC is that it enables me to keep this nextgen-hypetrain in check, I simply feel less anxious about it.

Yep. Even with a mid upgrade you'd be more than ok for a couple of years

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

Yep. For the price of the PS5/Series X here (R$5.000,00), maybe a little more, you can get a machine that plays every new game.

With a big difference: Steam regional pricing, Game Pass, infinite/improved BC, any controller you have works... even weekly free games at Epic.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yep. For the price of the PS5/Series X here (R$5.000,00), maybe a little more, you can get a machine that plays every new game.

With a big difference: Steam regional pricing, Game Pass, infinite/improved BC, any controller you have works... even weekly free games at Epic.

Add the fact that you can sell, for example, you GPU, and use that money for the graphical upgrade without fear of having to spend the same ammount of money again.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
I apologize for my french in advance.

I'm in Costa Rica, where the console and gaming market has always been fucked (which is the reason we all import via Amazon or just buy digital).

BUT, with the new tax to every digital transaction we are going to be even more fucked so...while none of the console and game pricing make sense for the regular folks, at least Xbox with Gamepass sounds like a more sustainable option.

This area has always been Sony first and I think Latin American markets are very slow in changing their trends (grandpa had a Toyota, dad had a Toyota, son will have a Toyota even if its more expensive and has less benefits compared to other brands) but I suspect that Xbox + Gamepass will simply just explode here. As soon as the value is more clear to everybody, there is no way people will choose the more expensive option, while still receiving less.

Gamespass PC (I dont know if it is available on Console) is not available here, unless you do some hoops, and most people wont do it, so I dont think that would be a real option yet. I would say Costa Rica is 50% PC gaming, and then 25% PS and 20% Nintendo. Xbox maybe a 5%. I have yet to know anyone with an Xbox.

No word of pricing yet from PS or MS here...

resetoeros1

May 30, 2018
It never had a future. Piracy is very well settled in latin america. Consoles and games are too expensive to afford and it doesnt seem that it will change anynear on future. Ps2 was latin América peak on console gaming sales.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
ZxY64Ra.png

PS5 prices are all over the place, like Demon Souls and Destruction All Stars is sold as the same price than a "Deluxe/Ultimate" Edition of a game, even though it seems that they don't have anything worthy of this label
Yeah fuck these prices I'll wait a year or two to get the PS5 and even then I'll just buy from my USA PSN account with prepaid cards

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
México

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
So basically looking between this thread and the Europe/UK thread, seems like Sony/third party publishers don't mind price gouging us all by not lining up with the US price properly for next gen?

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody know if these PS Plus cards work in Mexico?
www.cdkeys.com

PLAYSTATION PLUS - 12 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION (USA)

Buy PLAYSTATION PLUS - 12 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION (USA) ! ✔️ Instant download ✔️ Fantastic price ✔️ Digital Download ✔️

According to this thread they work on Canada: https://www.resetera.com/threads/one-year-playstation-codes-us-canada-for-29-at-cdkeys.296186/

Isn't Mexico considered part of NA?

I was thinking about trying one, but 30 USD is a lot haha

PSN cards from the US don't work on Mexican accounts.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Gamespass PC (I dont know if it is available on Console) is not available here, unless you do some hoops, and most people wont do it, so I dont think that would be a real option yet. I would say Costa Rica is 50% PC gaming, and then 25% PS and 20% Nintendo. Xbox maybe a 5%. I have yet to know anyone with an Xbox.

No word of pricing yet from PS or MS here...

What do you mean Gamepass is not available here (here = Costa Rica)? I have been using it for the past few months, and I didn't do any hoop, I just entered my Costa Rican credit card.

At least 8 other local friends are using it as as well, no particular hoop or process other than mapping their card like any other online transaction.

Could it be bank-related? Are you getting a particular error message?

Fake edit: Ah, PC. I will try it at night, and see if I get an error message. I have the same account in my Xbox and in my PC.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Does anybody know if these PS Plus cards work in Mexico?
www.cdkeys.com

PLAYSTATION PLUS - 12 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION (USA)

Buy PLAYSTATION PLUS - 12 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION (USA) ! ✔️ Instant download ✔️ Fantastic price ✔️ Digital Download ✔️

According to this thread they work on Canada: https://www.resetera.com/threads/one-year-playstation-codes-us-canada-for-29-at-cdkeys.296186/

Isn't Mexico considered part of NA?

I was thinking about trying one, but 30 USD is a lot haha
PSN cards from the US don't work on Mexican accounts.

According to users from Promodescuentos who have bought from there before, PSN money cards/codes don't work, but PS+ subscriptions cards/code do.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
Just secured a Series X since the 3070 will not be available uintil next year thanks to bots

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
I remember when the PS2 launched in Italy at 899,000 lire, roughly 600USD in 2000. I feel your pain, folks.

tr1b0re

Oct 17, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
I'm from Trinidad, considering many companies put us under "Latin America" I'd say we count xD

I'll be getting a PS5, as are most people in my country, Xbox has always been a bit of a rarity down here; stores down here are mostly Sony and Nintendo. But I'll be waiting a few months for supplies to normalize and order it in the US, send it to some family and have them bring it down in their suitcases when they visit. The price of a PS5 down here will likely be literally double the US price and I ain't paying that lol

It's even worse when you consider the average person here gets less than half of the USA's minimum wage

Then on top of all of that, I feel like I'm missing out because I still have a 1080p TV...upgrading is just so expensive, but I feel like I have to in order to get the most out of it...

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS5 Digital Version is about 900 Dollars here in Brazil. I dont think anyone is ready.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil

Except that in order to build something as powerful as a PS5, you'll end up spending 30% more (if not more) and if you go with a less capable machine, you are looking at an upgrade in three to four years: how is that GTX 750 PS4 equivalent GPU is doing these days? Gaming, in general, is becoming a top luxury hobby around here, much more so than in the 1990s when at least piracy* was trivial and lots of people had access to games.

*Not defending it, just stating a fact.

So we're almost one month away. Are y'all ready?

I'm selling a Thrustmaster racing wheel. Provided I manage that, I'll pull the trigger on the PS5. If not, I'll wait the grey market do its thing next year.

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico

I'm very hyped but I'll wait until next year. More time to save for console + 1/2 games and if I get hired for a better job (I'm currently applying to many places) probably a new TV too.

With enough luck, maybe I can catch a good discount for the 2021 Buen Fin (mexican Black Friday), like I did with the Switch a couple of years ago, ended up costing almost the american price.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Broke as all fucking hell but I got a Series X, PS5 and a 3080 PNY purchased. As things stand though, I got Cyberpunk on PC (regional pricing and all), and I'll have to buy Demons Souls and Miles, but that'll be it for me for the rest of the year I think. PS not having regional pricing here in Argentina really, really sucks. At least it could be worse, they used to charge 70 USD per game digitally

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Except that in order to build something as powerful as a PS5, you'll end up spending 30% more (if not more) and if you go with a less capable machine, you are looking at an upgrade in three to four years: how is that GTX 750 PS4 equivalent GPU is doing these days? Gaming, in general, is becoming a top luxury hobby around here, much more so than in the 1990s when at least piracy* was trivial and lots of people had access to games.

*Not defending it, just stating a fact.

I'm selling a Thrustmaster racing wheel. Provided I manage that, I'll pull the trigger on the PS5. If not, I'll wait the grey market do its thing next year.

If you care about power, yeah, but if you're fine with 1080/1440 and no RTX it's not that expensive to get something that lasts the whole gen. And you save a lot on games.

Flight Simulator recommended is a GTX 970. Cyberpunk 2077 is a 1060.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
If you care about power, yeah, but if you're fine with 1080/1440 and no RTX it's not that expensive. And you save a lot on games.

Yeah, but for how long? Next gen titles will be delivered with a whole new minimun in mind and that will just push those good enough setups out of contention in no time. I'll guarantee you that a good enough 1080p machine today won't cut it in three years time and with hardware prices as they are in Brazil, you'll likely have paid two PS5's when the generation is over. That happens every generation transition, or the good enough PC from 2013 is still delivering seven years later?

Game prices are a bitch on consoles? Sure they are. But, on the other hand, PS Plus is available, the last full price game I bought was Mafia (for sentimental reasons), but before that was Uncharted 4, four years ago. I always get games on PS Store sales, second hand discs and whatnot, and I assume this will continue going forward. The only people who pay full price on console games are the ones who really want to be the first to play them and are just lazy to wait and search for better deals.

EDIT: and it kinda is that expensive: a Radeon RX 5700, nothing fancy, R$ 2.599. And a Ryzen 5 3600 goes for R$ 1.399, put those two together and the cost is R$ 3.998, without RAM, storage, case, PSU, keyboard, mouse, Windows license, motherboard and monitor. A PS5 with Blu-ray drive is R$ 4.999.

Last edited:

lmog

Jun 17, 2019
Brazil
Nintendo is slowly increasing the game prices on their store from R$250 to R$300 in Brazil and I really wonder if I should buy a few games that haven't got their prices increased yet.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Yeah, but for how long? Next gen titles will be delivered with a whole new minimun in mind and that will just push those good enough setups out of contention in no time. I'll guarantee you that a good enough 1080p machine today won't cut it in three years time and with hardware prices as they are in Brazil, you'll likely have paid two PS5's when the generation is over. That happens every generation transition, or the good enough PC from 2013 is still delivering seven years later?

Game prices are a bitch on consoles? Sure they are. But, on the other hand, PS Plus is available, the last full price game I bought was Mafia (for sentimental reasons), but before that was Uncharted 4, four years ago. I always get games on PS Store sales, second hand discs and whatnot, and I assume this will continue going forward. The only people who pay full price on console games are the ones who really want to be the first to play them and are just lazy to wait and search for better deals.

EDIT: and it kinda is that expensive: a Radeon RX 5700, nothing fancy, R$ 2.599. And a Ryzen 5 3600 goes for R$ 1.399, put those two together and the cost is R$ 3.998, without RAM, storage, case, PSU, keyboard, mouse, Windows license, motherboard and monitor. A PS5 with Blu-ray drive is R$ 4.999.

Series S is a 1080 machine and will have to last the whole generation, so I'm not really worried about it, I will upgrade my PC this year after ~5 years with mine. I wouldn't include things like Windows and monitor on the cost unless you're buying it from scratch and don't need it for anything else, in this case I agree that a console would be better.

I use mine for everything: gaming, college, work, movies/shows, internet (like ERA now lol), etc., and I really enjoy the options (mods, trainers, controllers...) and regional pricing, so to me it's worth it even paying more than a console initially.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil

I'm pretty much 100% sure I'll be going with a Series X, probably using a site like Grabr. It's completely unfeasible to pay the prices Sony is asking. Not to mention, having Miles Morales and H2 available on the PS4 made my decision easier.

Now I just hope KOF XV has crossplay

Actually, I hope every fighting game has crossplay, they're not the healthiest of genres on Xbox platforms

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
No price, date or any info yet in Costa Rica. Most stores expect a February launch here in Costa Rica.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
There is a store here in DR selling the Ps5 version of miles morales 10 dollars more expensive than the ps4 version smh. They are bringing the game day one but for some reason they have no date or price for the Ps5 or the Series X/S. The biggest store here has a pre order for the Series X and S but with no date or price.