• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
I've just seen the XSS price in Brazil. Man, I know a next-gen console for R$3000 is not bad... But that was supposed to be the affordable option! It's like 500 USD. At least it's priced closely to the PS4 so it does have some appeal. R$5000 for the XSX just solidifies my choice of only one console this gen. F

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Here in Mexico pre-order prices for PS5 are

Digital: 12,000 Pesos
Disc Based: 15,000 Pesos

Which are.....not that bad? of course it exist the posibility that these prices are not final and they are just to ensure your pre-order. But if they are final then its waay better than I expected.

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
México
For some reason Amazon changed the price of my Demon's Souls preorder from 1,799 MXN to 1,499 MXN. The game has been sold out for some days.

If only they could reduce the total of my PS5 preorder too LOL.

Michilin

Nov 14, 2017
Disappointed on the Series X price here in Brazil after the price they launched the One X. Probably will have to go for the Series S and then get the Series XZ in 2023 or something.

I'm still waiting on the price of the gray market and performance tests to make a decision

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
You know, I really don't mind the SSD thing. Here's the deal

- You can use external HDD/SDD for storage and playing Backcompat games
- Series S games will be smaller than Series X
- You can storage Series S/X games in the external HDD/SSD and transfer them between storage*
- There will be third party memories, so there is a chance that either inferior capacity or better priced solutions will emerge.

*This is not a deal for me if the transfer is fast enough (USB 3.1)

Of course 512gb is not ideal, but I really don't mind moving files if the transfer speed is enough. What initially I felt "oh no, we are gonna totally need that 1tb propietary SSD :(" not It's like eh, I can live with 512 and just move stuff while I wait for a better deal on memories at the worst.

Series S + Game Pass is still the better cost friendly option

Alanood

Oct 27, 2017
Playstation consoles are kind of mandatory in every house with teenagers in Arab Gulf countries, I can see the the market growing here as we have a high birth rate.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Here in Colombia the PS5 is going for $700 usd.. and is more expensive than the XSX for some reason..

CielYoshi

May 10, 2018
Santiago, Chile
I hate that I'm debating in my head whether to get the Series S or the PS5 Digital...my brain (and wallet) says to go with the Series S + GP, my heart and my love of b-tier japanese games says to spring for the PS5. Ugh, stupid overpriced consoles :(

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
I hate that I'm debating in my head whether to get the Series S or the PS5 Digital...my brain (and wallet) says to go with the Series S + GP, my heart and my love of b-tier japanese games says to spring for the PS5. Ugh, stupid overpriced consoles :(

You should really wait for a while about Japanese games, 3rd parties are currently selling better on Switch than PS4 on Japan, so besides the big stuff that will most likely come to PC and / or Xbox, Switch could be the new JP machine.

Arcana Wiz

Oct 26, 2017
From Brazil here

I will only buy a ps5 when it reach 3k for the digital or 3,5 for the physical.

I will wait, doesnt matter how much it takes. If it will be a couple years... Okay. I did wait 2+ years to buy a PS4.

At least when I get one the launch games will be affordable, maybe demons souls for 150 reais?

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Yeah, if your thing is b-tier japanese games (that have Japan as one of its main markets) then you might want to wait a bit and see how things play out, because so far it's really looking like the Switch will be the main platform for these types of games going forward, unlikely that the PS5 will be THE platform to have for those. (and those that will be on it will DEFINITIVELY be cross-gen too, at least for the first few years, so you could probably just stay on the PS4)

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
XSX/XSS External SSDs are going to be R$2300 on Brazil.
R$700 less than the XSS, and if you buy a XSS plus the SSD it will be more R$300 more expansive than the XSX/PS5 and R$800 more expensive than the PS5DE.

Crazy stuff, we need to see how much the ''Sony approved SSDs'' will be, it will be expensive too of course, but since it isn't proprietary it should have price drops sooner than the XSS/XSX one.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I don't think that solves either of their problems AT ALL lol

PC gets many Japanese games that even Switch/PS4 don't get, especially if you like VN's.

PC is good for old games, but for new ones, they're putting the same price as PSN. Nier is a good example right now. Hitman 3 for example has a higher price than PSN.

These are exceptions. Look at things like Captain Tsubasa, Granblue Versus, Pirate Warriors 4... sometimes the price is 3x less.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With Xbox Game Pass library getting bigger and bigger, and Sony upping the prices of retail games to 70$, Game Pass has become more and more attractive for your standard consumer for latin america based on how much money they would be spending on the ecosystem and the return (games) they would be getting.

I'm one of these consumers that still hasn't made up his mind with console and is heavily leaning towards an Xbox Series X instead of an PS5. What will Sony do to deal with this Microsoft approach? An Game Pass of their own? Reducing costs? Buying big publishers like Squenix and From Software to make exclusive only games?

Really, with prices going on at the third-world countries, it's impossible to see a way on how Sony can compete there. Take for example Brazil, where minimum wage is 1049~ real (about 190$). How can Sony compete offering 349 real games (about 70$, which is almost half of your minimum wage) when I can just pay 30 real per month (about 7 dollars) and have instant access to an insane library that keeps getting expanded, with only paying the 70$ here and there with big AAA releases like Cyberpunk.

I actually wanted to get the PS5 thanks to Demon's Souls and Final Fantasy (at least it's a timed exclusive) but in no way I can justify this purchase...

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
I agree, i'll buy a PS5 eventually because i really like their first party and there're several games released only on ps4 that i want to play (mostly japanese games) but, from a budget perspective, a Xbox Series S plus gamepass looks like an excellent option to enter this new gen.

nyingpo

Mar 10, 2020
I guess Sony Brasil noticed that it would be difficult for consumers to wrap their heads around the higher PS5 games prices so they did the only possible sensible thing: they raised the PS4 games prices. Now there's almost no difference at all!

PS4 Avengers now costs almost as much as PS5 Demon's Souls. Indie prices were raised too.

I know it's a consequence of our currency devaluation (and for what I've looked PSN Brasil is the only one in Latin America that do not charge in USD). Nonetheless, it's becoming harder and harder to justify not jumping ship to ms/gamepass next gen.

jonasvutt

Jan 17, 2018
Preorders are open in Argentina for the PS5. I didn't see it here, but the console launches december 4.

Deleted member 46008

user requested account closure
Banned
Jul 18, 2018
A store here in Dominican republic already put prices for the consoles
PS5 DE: RD$ 35,000 = 600 USD
PS5 :. RD$ 44,000 = 760 USD
XBOX series S = RD$ 27 500= 475 USD
XBOX series X is the same price as a PS5.

I was not expecting a 200 USD difference at all cause usually is just a $100 more. I'm especially surprised with series S since that console cost the same as a regular PS4 and those are sold at $360 or less.
What store is that? I've been considering buying locally instead of importing and I've been having trouble finding any info on pricing.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
What store is that? I've been considering buying locally instead of importing and I've been having trouble finding any info on pricing.
It's called Xoomstore and so far is the only place that I have seen putting a price cause none of the well known stores have say anything about. Be aware that is it one of those Virtual store aka un pana vendiendo desde su casa so he probably just calculated the prices for importing and is giving an estimate.

Deleted member 46008

user requested account closure
Banned
Jul 18, 2018
It's called Xoomstore and so far is the only place that I have seen putting a price cause none of the well known stores have say anything about. Be aware that is it one of those Virtual store aka un pana vendiendo desde su casa so he probably just calculated the prices for importing and is giving an estimate.
Ah ya, mejor que na por lo meno. Pila de gracias!

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So how's the individual games price shaping up in your regions? The thread about the 10Euro/Pound increase with the Eurogamer article required a mod indication that the fact the US increase being just 10$ doesn't translate to the rest of the world and I'm like rolling on the floor thinking that ONE game may very well be A FOURTH of the minimum wage in Chile and I don't think this is even the worst case in our continent

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
So how's the individual games price shaping up in your regions? The thread about the 10Euro/Pound increase with the Eurogamer article required a mod indication that the fact the US increase being just 10$ doesn't translate to the rest of the world and I'm like rolling on the floor thinking that ONE game may very well be A FOURTH of the minimum wage in Chile and I don't think this is even the worst case in our continent

In Brazil Nintendo games increased to R$300,00, Sony R$350,00
Minimum wage: R$ 1.045,00

So maybe if you starve and don't pay any bills, you can buy 3 launch games!

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
In Brazil Nintendo games increased to R$300,00, Sony R$350,00
Minimum wage: R$ 1.045,00

So maybe if you starve and don't pay any bills, you can buy 3 launch games!

you're not a TRVE GAMER until you stop buying food for a month so you can spend it on sweet sweet Fortnite (or FIFA's FUT)

who needs to eat anyway

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Microplay started preorders for PS5 First Party games

Spider-Man Ultimate Edition: CLP$76.990 - U$97.46
Spider-Man Miles Morales: CLP$54.990 - U$69.61
Demon's Souls: CLP$76.990 - U$97.46
Destruction All Star: CLP $76.990 - U$97.46
Sackboy: CLP $56.990 - U$69.61

US Dollar Price at today's exchange rate, which has gone up this past week. If these are the Chilean prices, can't imagine how the ARS and R$ will be

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

US Dollar Price at today's exchange rate, which has gone up this past week. If these are the Chilean prices, can't imagine how the ARS and R$ will be
Brazilian prices will be R$350.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017

Here in Mexico they increased the price over the last few months. New games went from 1300 Pesos (60USD) to 1800 Pesos (82USD) or even more expensive depending on the game or company. I believe this is in preparation to the next gen. But as a say it is really erratic and normally Amazon has the best prices.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
ZxY64Ra.png

PS5 prices are all over the place, like Demon Souls and Destruction All Stars is sold as the same price than a "Deluxe/Ultimate" Edition of a game, even though it seems that they don't have anything worthy of this label

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
A humble suggestion: I'd like for the thread title to be slightly changed. Add something like "rest of ERA welcome". Just because not enough non-LatAm people are aware of the disparity between regional prices and we still have people assuming we can all buy two consoles.

I mean, 100 USD games? Absolutely fucking insane.

CielYoshi

May 10, 2018
Santiago, Chile

$76990????? Yeah, no.