• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Not as much problem with gaming here in Panamá, central America, compared to other regions in Latin America. Especially cause we handle the dollar here, and get the highest minimum wage I think (?)

Physical games generally have a +$10.00 price tag compared to USA, but you can find some retailers which sell you some of the new games with the same prices as USA. Digital Stores as PSN etc, have same prices as in USA.

New consoles tend to be a bit more expensive here but no as crazy expensive as some other neighbor regions. Consoles may have $30 to $80 extra price in retails compared to the original price in USA. Also, we have multiple black Fridays throughout the year including the same black Friday date as in USA where they get to discount consoles to the same original pricing as in USA or even lower.
Yo don't have to pay import fees in panama?
That is similar to prices here the only difference is that the stores selling games have "ways" to avoid paying those fees so it's usually better to buy a console there than just trying to import one yourself.

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
Yo don't have to pay import fees in panama?
That is similar to prices here the only difference is that the stores selling games have "ways" to avoid paying those fees so it's usually better to buy a console there than just trying to import one yourself.

Something Like that. It's always been said we are the luckiest thanks to the Panama Canal and because we have the largest free port in the region that re-export to other countries, and with its free zone store included. I've known friends which had access in there and were able to snatch consoles at their original prices.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Mexicans rn

g1tlzlkj2nn51.jpg

If someone's interested, it looks like Sanborns will respect the preorder date.

JS3DX

Feb 15, 2018
you meant series s? the series x seems pretty futureproof to me. and will probably be sold by the same abusive amount.

Yeah, sorry, I meant Series S: Reasonable price, and aiming to last maybe 5 years, when revisions of this new-gen are officially announced. Not bad, if you consider that smartphones nowdays aim to last 2-3 years tops before being considered "old".

Last edited:

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
So PS5 confirmed R$ 4,5k/5k for digital/disc version on Brasil.
Honestly, way cheaper than I thought, considering the PS4 launched at 4k when our currency wasn't in the hole.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Considering $500 USD is $380000 Chilean Pesos, there's absolutely ZERO CHANCE of the PS5 costing that here. Nil.

I'm betting our favorite Zstore (and others of its ilk) go with the good ol' "1 USD = 2000 CLP!" (when it's actually 765...) and price it around 500-550k CLP, which would be between 650 and 720 USD.

All in all, cheaper than what I expected but still *way* pricier for a lot of people here. And considering games are already 70 USD here, more or less (new, of course), it's gonna take a while. I guess it's down to choosing between a cheaper console (Series S) with no optical drive but the chance to play lots of different games for a cheaper price with GamePass, or the more expensive one because you're 100% into Sony's exclusives and thus GP is meaningless to you.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Considering $500 USD is $380000 Chilean Pesos, there's absolutely ZERO CHANCE of the PS5 costing that here. Nil.

I'm betting our favorite Zstore (and others of its ilk) go with the good ol' "1 USD = 2000 CLP!" (when it's actually 765...) and price it around 500-550k CLP, which would be between 650 and 720 USD.

All in all, cheaper than what I expected but still *way* pricier for a lot of people here. And considering games are already 70 USD here, more or less (new, of course), it's gonna take a while. I guess it's down to choosing between a cheaper console (Series S) with no optical drive but the chance to play lots of different games for a cheaper price with GamePass, or the more expensive one because you're 100% into Sony's exclusives and thus GP is meaningless to you.

Well this is, dissapointing considering than Xbox seems to be cheaper here

Btw, is funny how no one likes Zmart

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile

Se fueron al chancho los culiaos.

For Microsoft:

Xbox Series X USD 500 = 529.900 chilean pesos

For Sony:
PS5 USD 399 = 499.990 chilean pesos.

I guess i'll upgrade my pc then.

Last edited:

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile

yeah, it seems I was WAY GENEROUS with my estimate.

Just for international posters: 650k CLP is 850 USD.

Yup, that's right, THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS difference. Fucking armed robbery.

And the Digital Edition is going to cost nearly 650 USD. 200 dollars for a fucking optical drive.

Ridiculous. It's a luxury few can afford here.

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck at the PS5 prices in Chile. They are terrible compared to Xbox.

PS5 DE 499.990 CLP
PS5 649.000 CLP
XSS 319.990 CLP
XSX 529.990 CLP

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Gaming outside of the so called "1st World" is treated as an elitist hobby if your economy is shitty you get fucked.
At first i was outraged about the PS5 pricetag here in Brazil (and XBOX will go down the same path probably) but when you think about how shitty our economy is right now with those fucking alt-right clowns ruling the country i'm actually surprised about that price it could have gone so much worse...and that's part of the problem that "we could be worst" mentality isn't solving anything.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I'm not paying 5K for a console, that's for sure. I'm hoping Xbox Series S is R$3K like the Nintendo Switch, that costs US$299 as well. If not, well... I'll wait. Thanks for the cross-gen titles, Sony. Hoping Capcom changes its mind and release the game for PS4 as well, since it's the game that would made me buy a new console.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So in Chile:

Xbox Series X: 693,20 USD
Xbox Series S: 418,93 USD

PlayStation 5: 850,15 USD
PlayStation 5 Digital: 653,93 USD

So for 40 USD more than the PS5D you get the Series X with UHD Blu Ray Drive. This is arrogant Sony all over again. Confident in the fanbase that really hold them candles.

I'm gonna miss PlayStation Exclusives, but yeah, having already a PC, a Xbox as the home console + GPU is the better consumer budget conscious option

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
So in Chile:

Xbox Series X: 693,20 USD
Xbox Series S: 418,93 USD

PlayStation 5: 850,15 USD
PlayStation 5 Digital: 653,93 USD

So for 40 USD more than the PS5D you get the Series X with UHD Blu Ray Drive. This is arrogant Sony all over again. Confident in the fanbase that really hold them candles.

I'm gonna miss PlayStation Exclusives, but yeah, having already a PC, a Xbox as the home console + GPU is the better consumer budget conscious option

I'm still shook, man. I can't believe this fucking nonsense. The pricing is absurd.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
PS5 costs more than twice the average monthly income (now below $500) here in Argentina: 100.000 pesos, and 75.999 for the DE. Particularly after this week´s devaluation, I believe that only the most hardcore Sony loyalists will get it early. Sony´s store is dollarized and most prices are brutal for the average consumer.

A Series S + Game Pass Ultimate combo, if Microsoft is to price them aggresively, could be the last chance at relatively affordable next-gen gaming. GPU, even with is recently increased price, is being revered in some memes as some kind of "hero" which will enable the middle class to continue gaming.

PC hardware has become extremely expensive here, of course. Low-to-mid specs PCs and piracy will probably become more popular than they already are.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So the question now is, did Microsoft eat the cost to make the console $100.000 cheaper, or Sony is charging $100.000 out of greed?

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So the question now is, did Microsoft eat the cost to make the console $100.000 cheaper, or Sony is charging $100.000 out of greed?

I guess it's a mix of both. Microsoft did price it at what it seems as low as they could, but Sony could have gone $50.000 more or something. $120.000 more is nuts.

JS3DX

Feb 15, 2018

I think it's both: MS has a record for losing money with Xbox to boost sales and establish itself as a brand; and on the other side, Sony has been known to get overconfident when it's leeading a gen, like what happened with the failed launch of the PS3 and the infamous USD$599.

In a way I think Sony's strategy is to make the first adopters of the PS5 pay the raw price of the console, so when the components become cheaper later on, the price-cut coming isn't as painful for them. Microsoft is just opting for establishing GamePass as the Netflix of gaming, and willing to make the sacrifice to achieve that.

Last edited:

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I was ready to get a PS5 DE but after looking at those prices, I will just get a XSX.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
Al contrario que con Xbox... Acá en Colombia estamos a la espera de en cuanto saldrá cada consola, claro que no se espera mucho la verdad...

Hay algunos importadores que ya dan precios tentativos pero se están dando mucha garra...

V1MPP7B_d.webp

So until we have news of the official price for the PS5 in our country (not hoping a great price)... The image above is the expected price for the gray market...

PS5: 3.3m COP (880 USD)
PS5 DE: 2.9m COP (773 USD)

And since games will cost 70USD... Yeah... This Gen Colombia will be an Xbox Country... XD...

HouseAR

May 17, 2020
My soon to be wife is Colombian and
Al contrario que con Xbox... Acá en Colombia estamos a la espera de en cuanto saldrá cada consola, claro que no se espera mucho la verdad...

Hay algunos importadores que ya dan precios tentativos pero se están dando mucha garra...

So until we have news of the official price for the PS5 in our country (not hoping a great price)... The image above is the expected price for the gray market...

And since games will cost 70USD... Yeah... This Gen Colombia will be an Xbox Country... XD...

I think that price is only temporary and after the first months you will get PS5 and really comparable prices to western markets in the various Alkosto chains etc.

That being said, we need to underline how a digital edition PS5 costs 3x the minium salary, which is what many Colombian workers gain monthly

So in latin america, gaming is luxury.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I think it's both: MS has a record for losing money with Xbox to boost sales and establish itself as a brand; and on the other side, Sony has been known to get overconfident when it's leeading a gen, like what happened with the failed launch of the PS3 and the infamous USD$599.

In a way I think Sony's strategy is to make the first adopters of the PS5 pay the raw price of the console, so when the components become cheaper later on, the price-cut coming isn't as painful for them. Microsoft is just opting for establishing GamePass as the Netflix of gaming, and willing to make the sacrifice to achieve that.

Yeah. I guess that since few people will buy these consoles anyway, they felt it was better to squeeze more out of them while they can

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is interesting how Xbox seems to be a more feasible option this gen in Latam compared with the launch of the one where practically no one bought it

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
I hope I'm not misunderstood with this comment, because I'm not *encouraging* it:

Unless there's some drastic price cut next year (or even after such price cut), I'm thinking the "winning" console over here will be the first one to be modchip'd or "unlocked" so they'd play pirated games. The same way PS1 and PS2 became absolutely monstrous with how easy it was to allow piracy (and game prices back then were still high as fuck), you could walk around downtown and there'd be dozens of small tech stores offering said chips or "unlocking".

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
A store here in Dominican republic already put prices for the consoles
PS5 DE: RD$ 35,000 = 600 USD
PS5 :. RD$ 44,000 = 760 USD
XBOX series S = RD$ 27 500= 475 USD
XBOX series X is the same price as a PS5.

I was not expecting a 200 USD difference at all cause usually is just a $100 more. I'm especially surprised with series S since that console cost the same as a regular PS4 and those are sold at $360 or less.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
My gahd, the price of the PS5 in Chile is nuts.

$650.000 CLP, which due to current conversion rates amounts to $853 USD.

The PS5 DE meanwhile, costs $500.000 CLP, which amounts to $656 USD.

Welp.

For comparison
Series S: $320.000 CLP = $420 USD
Series X: $530.000 CLP = $696 USD

Yeah, I'm not getting a PS5 until very deep into the generation.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia

V1MPP7B_d.webp

I had a bad feeling at least one console would be 3m, I was impressed by Series S price and X could be better but damn, if that is from grey market which are usually like 400k+ cheaper I don't want to imagine what falabella and etc will be.

Hidant

Oct 27, 2017
Apart from the outrageous pricing of the consoles, the games on the PS Store are too high for most people. Here in Colombia 1 new game could cost almost 1/4 of minimum wage. No wonder most people with PS4s have it as a COD and FIFA machine.

This also explains the popularity of those chinese PUBG clones for cellphones, the biggest example being Free Fire, it can run in almost any phone and it's free, personally I don't think it's any good but for some kid without access to anything else it must feel amazing so in that aspect it´s great that games like that exist, because in some way of another they help to bridge a gap and cater to a market in the gaming industry that neither Sony nor Microsoft, much less nintendo, have done anything for.

Kholdy

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I remember getting my PS4 for R$1350 seven months after launch.

And people looking at the Digital edition, should think very hard about this before getting one.
With games being R$350 and the somewhat aggressive pricing of the consoles... It looks like a trap, Bino.

I really think used games market will boom next gen.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Console prices for Uruguay seem to be (all in US Dollars):

PS5 Disc - 1199
PS5 Digital - 1099
Xbox Series X - 999
Xbox Series S - 649

At the current dollar exchange, these consoles are x2+ as expensive as PS4 / Xbox One were on launch :(

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country

V1MPP7B_d.webp

¿Esas importaciones son siempre legales, cómo funciona eso exactamente?

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina is fucked, not even Gabe will take their money.

In my country I have seen pre order prices close to a $1000, yeah I'm going to spend that kind of cash plus games in the middle of a pandemic

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Insane prices. I thought Uruguay was doing good nowadays. Or are you getting hit with taxes?
Taxes, tech in Uruguay is always expensive unfortunately. Prices do come down eventually (I got my PS4 Slim in 2017 for $450), it'll just take a few years.

If you import it yourself you get hit with a 60% tax + like $100 shipping for these consoles, but that should still be $100-$200 less expensive than buying here.

Oct 25, 2017
Taxes, tech in Uruguay is always expensive unfortunately. Prices do come down eventually (I got my PS4 Slim in 2017 for $450), it'll just take a few years.

If you import it yourself you get hit with a 60% tax + like $100 shipping for these consoles, but that should still be $100-$200 less expensive than buying here.
Its crazy how in many of our countries its cheaper to import it yourself rather than order it from a local store.

At over $1000 it may be better to actually fly to the US, buy the console there and then fly back.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
Hay algún/a argentin@ acá que piense comprar la PS5 ? Y, si es así, dónde ?

Leí que solo 6 locales oficiales van a hacer la preventa

Oct 27, 2017

Damn that sucks. Here in Mexico the Digital one is $512 and the regular one $623. I'd rather buy a 3080 that will carry me through the entire generation and beyond.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
Que locales? Yo pienso comprarla
GeekSpot hizo ese comentario en su IG. Ellos son vendedores que trabajan directamente con PlayStation, como Play For Fun. A estos últimos les compre varias cosas y todo bien, tienen 12 cuotias s/ interes.
MIA Games también, incluso ya tienen publicadas las consolas y accesorios, obviamente todavía no se puede comprar. Son de Salta, por si te interesa. Les compré la edición especial del TLOUPII bastante barata en abril ($9000). Llegó bien, pero sin la cantimplora y cuando les reclame me dijeron que había llegado todo mezclado y no puedieron hacer nada. Así que más o menos mi experiencia con ellos.

FullNelson

Jan 28, 2019
Wow, latam is getting destroyed by sony's prices. Xbox had a very little market in Chile, but with these prices, they're gonna get a larger market share for sure. I can't believe the series X is 150USD cheaper than the PS5. It's like they're trying to lose customers Lmao.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Really worried that they have yet to announce the price of the Series X and Series S here in Brazil, I think we had a leak/rumor earlier saying R$4.999 for Series X, but what about the Series S tho? That's the one that actually worries me.

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
Mexican prices are expensive but, to be honest, not as expensive as I was expecting, especially PS5; my prediction was in the MX$15000-20000 range.

I'll wait until next year to get the Xbox Series X (Gamepass value was the decisive factor) and eventually the PS5 a few years from now.

Sony still charging in USD and adding the 16% sales tax in their digital store is pure bullshit though.