• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Automagical

Jun 27, 2020
a thing that really hurts is the need for day 1 patches too. So few have access to highspeed home internet. Even if you do scrounge for a console, manage to get a copy of the game, good luck downloading that 50gig mandatory patch to get things working.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
a thing that really hurts is the need for day 1 patches too. So few have access to highspeed home internet. Even if you do scrounge for a console, manage to get a copy of the game, good luck downloading that 50gig mandatory patch to get things working.
Are internet provider speeds generally subpar in the whole continent or does it vary greatly per country?

That is certainly one big obstacle to PC gaming.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
I guess it is a good time to revive this thread, Xbox Live Gold will get a price increase from October, here in colombia we went from $45 to $62 effectvely making it more expensive than on USA. Console gaming can F itself.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I guess it is a good time to revive this thread, Xbox Live Gold will get a price increase from October, here in colombia we went from $45 to $62 effectvely making it more expensive than on USA. Console gaming can F itself.
Is this import taxes? I mean MS isn't completely crazy I would imagine.

What if you sign up for NA account vs US? Is that doable?

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
Is this import taxes? I mean MS isn't completely crazy I would imagine.

What if you sign up for NA account vs US? Is that doable?

I assume the price increase across the region has to do with how every currency here devaluated. I'm not sure how buying from other regions work with MS, I have a US PS account and used to pay for US PS+ since they had (as far as I knew) better prices and deals but I was planning on getting a Xbox for next gen, not anymore, those new GPU just announced sound great and steam prices are stupidly cheap here.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I assume the price increase across the region has to do with how every currency here devaluated. I'm not sure how buying from other regions work with MS, I have a US PS account and used to pay for US PS+ since they had (as far as I knew) better prices and deals but I was planning on getting a Xbox for next gen, not anymore, those new GPU just announced sound great and steam prices are stupidly cheap here.
Yeah, going PC in the view of these prices is the right thing to do. Steam and key sellers ensure fairly healthy pricing structure.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico

Price for Mexico, has Xbox announced their price in any other latam country?

[Price is about around 650 USD for XSX and 400 USD for XSS]

The price sounds mmm well it certainly not out of reach. Pretty reasonable given previous launch prices I guess, more with how the USD/MXN is right now. Still hoping for All Access here.

Last edited:

RavenH2

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

Price for Mexico, has Xbox announced their price in any other latam country?

The price sounds mmm well it certainly not out of reach. Pretty reasonable given previous launch prices I guess, more with how the USD/MXN is right now. Still hoping for All Access here.

Xbox Chile and Colombia annonced the price. Still no communication from Xbox Brazil and Argentina (and even no mention of Series X)

Argentina:

Chile:

Colombia:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Series S is launching at an insane price in Chile, considering that some stores are selling the ps4 vanilla at a higher price. I was expecting to pay around a 40% more than the announced price for the X

riq

Feb 21, 2019
The Switch will retail at R$3000 in Brazil. Curious how close to that the Series S will be.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I still dont know why Chilean prices are much lower than Brazil considering that they have a bigger gamer culture and market than us

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Fun fact: most regional Xbox social media accounts already listed the pricing for both the Series S and X and the brazilian one is still silent... I guess they're afraid of the Real spiralling down more than it already has.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
Mate, if we like it or not, this is entertainment. It's a luxury toy basically. So yes, they do expect us to have 2/3 jobs to pay for it, or buy it down the line, etc. We're not the main market.
I'm from Portugal (PORTUGAL CARALHO!!) and our minimum wage is 680€, there's no way in hell most people here can afford a console at launch without proper saving for it, but it's not like selling 50 000 PS5's here will majorly impact Sony's numbers. Hell, we don't even have 1/3 of the functionalities and apps in the PS store that people in the UK have.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
Series S has a decent enough price here in colombia, with how backwards it is, Series S will be way chaper than a ps4 slim or a Switch, Series S $1'500.000 ($400usd) while those other two are being sold from $1'700.000 up to $1'900.000 ($460 usd - $510 usd). Series X on the other hand $2'500.000 ($688 usd).

Last edited:

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Fun fact: most regional Xbox social media accounts already listed the pricing for both the Series S and X and the brazilian one is still silent... I guess they're afraid of the Real spiralling down more than it already has.

Xbox Chile added a "*suggested" right after though. Dolar/CLP Conversion is very volatile these days

Fun fact: The Series S will cost less than what a Switch costs right now

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Is that big in Brazil? We have a 19% tax for stuff

If we import as individuals it's at least 60% (import fees - can get close to 100% with a regional tax that varies by state).

Of course, console makers aren't taxed like individuals - but they pay a bunch of taxes which sometimes incide over each other, which I of course have no idea how to calculate, and maybe it gets close to that anyway lol.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
The Chilean price is stupidly low for the Series S. Its barely a bit more expensive than importing (considering you pay all the 19% of tax and all other importing dues), assuming the dollar/clp conversion rate stays similar to how it is now - obviously if the peso somehow appreciates and the dollar goes down, importing will start being more convenient, but chances for that are low now.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Chilean price is stupidly low for the Series S. Its barely a bit more expensive than importing (considering you pay all the 19% of tax and all other importing dues), assuming the dollar/clp conversion rate stays similar to how it is now - obviously if the peso somehow appreciates and the dollar goes down, importing will start being more convenient, but chances for that are low now.

Sometimes I have tried buying consoles on Amazon but I have realized that the prices + the risk that involves importing something isn't worthy

Last week I bought a console for the first time in my life in Amazon, and it was a 2ds xl because they are impossible to find now on the chilean market

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mexican price is also right I guess. I wish it was a bit cheaper but I think the goal to dont't have a price over 9k pesos mexicanos was fulfilled.

Sadly the X and PS5 will suffer a lot.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
General Manager from Xbox Brazil said in his personal Twitter account that they are excited with the news, and will share the Local price and launch date when "the moment is right and strategic".

Interpret that as you want. I'm keeping with my position that Microsoft Brazil is extremely incompetent when it come to console launches.
It will still outsell the ps5 due to price and gamepass here in Brazil so maybe they dont feel the pressure to announce it right away.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
General Manager from Xbox Brazil said in his personal Twitter account that they are excited with the news, and will share the Local price and launch date when "the moment is right and strategic".

Interpret that as you want. I'm keeping with my position that Microsoft Brazil is extremely incompetent when it come to console launches.
Some people are saying that since the price wasn't supposed to be announced until next week, that the console is still waiting a ANATEL (which has leaked stuff before) seal of approval. That might be why we don't have prices available.

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
PS5 will easily be sold for over R$6000 here in Brasil, wih games coming in hot at 400+
There is no way I can afford that.