• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
TBF even "fading" them is better than nothing, but there's def. no miracle product that can prevent or fully get rid of them. It is what it is.

Most people have stretch marks anyway. They just get airbrushed out of photos lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, I've never seen this thread before but it seems helpful.

The main concern I have is that my forehead already has a couple wrinkles and I'm not quite even 26 yet, so I feel like I should do something about it.

That, and I've had persistent arm and body/back acne that I've only been able to reduce when I've been consistently working out and showering daily, but these days with COVID and I'm not really working up a sweat so it tends to come back. Was wondering if anyone had any advice, as even when I'm working on it very consistently, it doesn't go away completely.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, I've never seen this thread before but it seems helpful.

The main concern I have is that my forehead already has a couple wrinkles and I'm not quite even 26 yet, so I feel like I should do something about it.

That, and I've had persistent arm and body/back acne that I've only been able to reduce when I've been consistently working out and showering daily, but these days with COVID and I'm not really working up a sweat so it tends to come back. Was wondering if anyone had any advice, as even when I'm working on it very consistently, it doesn't go away completely.
Best anti-aging/anti-wrinkle product on the market is a good SPF moisturizer applied daily regardless of rain, sleet, hail, or snow

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TBF even "fading" them is better than nothing, but there's def. no miracle product that can prevent or fully get rid of them. It is what it is.

Most people have stretch marks anyway. They just get airbrushed out of photos lol.

This basically sounds like what I read online in that you can kinda mitigate the issue but anything more requires spending some cash for a treatment from a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Maybe down the road but I'll try the Bio Oil stuff for a little while and see if it does anything.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Okay so in the summer I have my full Olive tone come to light

In the winter? not so much...I'm a dry skin peeling ...thing idk .

How do I keep that olive tone to my face in the dark cold winter?

Oct 30, 2017
Regarding stretch marks, especially if they're red, dermarolling is said to help as per this Reddit thread. The B&A result alone is pretty amazing.

I've also seen a couple of videos where dermarolling has helped with postpartum stretch marks, such as this. It helped to reduce the visibility of the marks, but didn't necessarily get rid of all of them.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding stretch marks, especially if they're red, dermarolling is said to help as per this Reddit thread. The B&A result alone is pretty amazing.

I've also seen a couple of videos where dermarolling has helped with postpartum stretch marks, such as this. It helped to reduce the visibility of the marks, but didn't necessarily get rid of all of them.

I actually had seen recommendations for dermarolling but I admit I kind of shrugged it off considering the rather cheap price and ease of everything aside from keeping things sterile. However those results are rather impressive, I will have to look into this further and may give it a shot down the road. Thanks for the links as well.

Oct 30, 2017
I actually had seen recommendations for dermarolling but I admit I kind of shrugged it off considering the rather cheap price and ease of everything aside from keeping things sterile. However those results are rather impressive, I will have to look into this further and may give it a shot down the road. Thanks for the links as well.
Dermarolling, especially when Vitamin C or niacinamide is incorporated, will help to reduce visibility on any kind of scars, be it post-injury scars, wrinkles, atrophic scars, hyperpigmentation, and so forth. But yeah, even though it's really cheap, it requires you to be really hygienic and patient in order to see significant results. A 1.5 mm one is good to start off anywhere on your body that's not your face, although I personally have been using it since I've started with 0.75 mm then 1.0 mm, and it's improved the textures of my indented scars!

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Dermarolling, especially when Vitamin C or niacinamide is incorporated, will help to reduce visibility on any kind of scars, be it post-injury scars, wrinkles, atrophic scars, hyperpigmentation, and so forth. But yeah, even though it's really cheap, it requires you to be really hygienic and patient in order to see significant results. A 1.5 mm one is good to start off anywhere on your body that's not your face, although I personally have been using it since I've started with 0.75 mm then 1.0 mm, and it's improved the textures of my indented scars!

Interesting :o

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Several months ago a sort of small pink/red patch appeared on my stomach - it doesn't hurt or itch, it's not raised or scaly, and it doesn't feel any different. It's just a weird discoloration that hasn't gone away in all this time. Anyone know what it might be? I haven't changed laundry soaps or anything like that...

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
Not sure if this has been discussed much here, but are there any good no-BS supplements that are worth taking for skin and hair health? Not looking for any miracles, just want to do what I can, especially with my hair just generally kinda looking a little...older than it used to. I know biotin is one that gets thrown around a lot, but it sounds like it can cause acne breakouts and should be taken with other supplements as well. Also tried MSM in the past which I think had a bit of an effect but I also think it, uhh, affected my digestion or whatever.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
Also been wondering about taking collagen powder, my sisters take it and swear by it for some reason, and from the sound of it it is good for things like skin and hair health. Bullshit or no?

Darkatomz

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Not sure if this has been discussed much here, but are there any good no-BS supplements that are worth taking for skin and hair health? Not looking for any miracles, just want to do what I can, especially with my hair just generally kinda looking a little...older than it used to. I know biotin is one that gets thrown around a lot, but it sounds like it can cause acne breakouts and should be taken with other supplements as well. Also tried MSM in the past which I think had a bit of an effect but I also think it, uhh, affected my digestion or whatever.
I haven't had issues taking 10,000cmg biotin daily along with a collagen complex vitamin, like this one.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Anyone knows how to STOP fricking blackheads on your nose? Sick of this. Halp
Sure they're blackheads?

www.healthline.com

Sebaceous Filaments: About, Vs. Blackheads, Why to Leave Alone

Sebaceous filaments are natural, healthy skin features that help move sebum to the surface for moisturizing. Learn why you should leave them alone and how they compare to blackheads.

If they're sebaceous filaments, you'll just have to live with them. I have them too, but I don't think anyone notices them except me.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sure they're blackheads?

www.healthline.com

Sebaceous Filaments: About, Vs. Blackheads, Why to Leave Alone

Sebaceous filaments are natural, healthy skin features that help move sebum to the surface for moisturizing. Learn why you should leave them alone and how they compare to blackheads.

If they're sebaceous filaments, you'll just have to live with them. I have them too, but I don't think anyone notices them except me.

That picture just looks like skin pores.

Me it's skin pores with darkness in theme and the occasional tiny pimples and it's really annoying. Once in a blue moon my nose is clear.

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone used Tiege Hanley? As a going to be 39 year old male, it'd be nice to minimize wrinkles, especially around the eyes.

edit-apparently not according to Reddit. Has some sketchy ingredient and you have to subscribe to their monthly shipments or something like that.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Got this Typology in stuff lately. Kind of like an Ordinaryish brand I guess.

fOsonm0.jpg

FunkyStudent

Jan 28, 2019
Does anyone have any good breakdowns or legitamately sourced articles on the health benefits of a daily skincare routine? I've been trying to convince my partner to take better care of their skin - or at least use a cleanser and wear sunscreen - but they're not convinced.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone have any good breakdowns or legitamately sourced articles on the health benefits of a daily skincare routine? I've been trying to convince my partner to take better care of their skin - or at least use a cleanser and wear sunscreen - but they're not convinced.
They think sunscreens are incapable of providing sun protection?

RobertM

Oct 31, 2017
Eh, should've clarified that they're skeptical about the long-term effects of daily cleansing and moisturizing. They're aware of the importance of sunscreen. but still don't use it as much as they probably should.
Find a pic of someone that has a daily skin routine and someone that doesn't, that will be all the proof they need.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Been having some issues with whiteheads lately, so taking a dive into clay mask treatments. Unfortunately, the product I ordered on eBay--Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask 2X--arrived with the safety seal broken.

Anyone else whom uses this product that can give me a source they trust for ordering?

Otherwise, recommendation for other effective clay mask treatments are welcome, too.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
I've got crows feet and under eye wrinkles (and the skin under my eyes is partially grey) and damnit, I'm already bald, I'm not feeling looking like a tired middle aged dad at 29 years old lmao any tips/product recommendations for minimizing this stuff?

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I've got crows feet and under eye wrinkles (and the skin under my eyes is partially grey) and damnit, I'm already bald, I'm not feeling looking like a tired middle aged dad at 29 years old lmao any tips/product recommendations for minimizing this stuff?

Expression in the face is a natural thing, but to counteract premature wrinkles topically you need:

Retinoids
Sunscreen

And apply your antioxidant filled moisturizer on the skin around your eyes.

I also like glycolic acid and Vitamin C, as they boost your body's natural collagen production.

And don't be afraid of Botox. 25+ is a normal age to start with fillers and preventative Botox.

If you do nothing, anything with good reviews and impressions will work for you. If you'd like a little list, let us know.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
Can someone recommend me a good sunscreen brand for my face only? Something you can get at Target preferably or Amazon.

I brought this cheap Target brand sport sunscreen but it feels so nasty on my face and burns my eyes with it's smell. It's so thick and leaves my skin so oily. Is there something that works like regular lotion?

I got a job outdoors doing maintenance and notice myself getting burnt up. I wear a hat and long sleeves but I'm definitely tanner and my nose burnt.

Something around $15-25 would be ideal.

Thank you.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone recommend me a good sunscreen brand for my face only? Something you can get at Target preferably or Amazon.

I brought this cheap Target brand sport sunscreen but it feels so nasty on my face and burns my eyes with it's smell. It's so thick and leaves my skin so oily. Is there something that works like regular lotion?

I got a job outdoors doing maintenance and notice myself getting burnt up. I wear a hat and long sleeves but I'm definitely tanner and my nose burnt.

Something around $15-25 would be ideal.

Thank you.
Black girl sunscreen and black girl sunscreen kids are good options imo

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Black girl sunscreen and black girl sunscreen kids are good options imo

Agreed. I think you can find La Roche Posay at Target, too. And Neutrogena is generally fine.

If you prefer mineral sunscreens, SunBum Mineral, Bare Essentials, and Alba Botanicals Mineral are all decent, but do all leave a white cast.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A couple of months back I popped into the thread to ask about any home readies or at least treatments about dealing with stretch marks. I had already done some research and hadn't found too much that seemed to be a long term inexpensive option for dealing with the ones I developed when I started getting into shape. This thread basically confirmed what I'd heard online but cheebdragonite mentioned dermarolling/microneedling. I delved into that area looking up a variety of guides, how to's and ended up purchasing a kit containing several different size dermarollers for like $25.

I've been using a 1 mm head every 3 weeks combined with using a hyaluronic acid serum before and after on the stretch marks I've got going across my inner bicep, deltoid and along the sides of my pectorals with disinfecting the rollerhead and areas I was going to dermaroll as well before starting. Its not the most pleasant sensation the first time around, not brutally painful but enough that you'll be wincing when rolling over certain areas like the soft spot between shoulder, arm and pectoral. I got a little bit of blood but it was only the first time and barely a splotch on a piece of toilet paper when wiped away. All in all the hardest part was performing the actual dermarolling considering its not quite so easy to reach your inner upper arm with the tool with your other hand.

After a few months though I've gotten the hang of it and onto to what I was getting to with all this. It works really well in alleviating the look of the stretch marks. I've been taking some pictures each time but my phone camera is not great at picking up the stretch marks. I'm also waiting to see what happens when I move to a 1.5 mm head as that's what I've seen recommended to deal with stretch marks as the needles need to go deeper to have a bigger effect on that kind of skin damage. Even with that I'm impressed with the results after a few months. The larger stretch marks are still visible but the smaller ones are much harder to see even up close. If you pull or stretch the skin you can see them clearer but otherwise the coloration is starting to blend better and even the striations are becoming less visible. The larger stretch marks are even improving though because of their size the effect isn't as defined. I'm actually really curious to see what happens when I move up a head size considering the changes already. I will note that its not magic though, the stretch marks are still there for the most part but they're far less obvious even under harsh lighting.

If anyone was ever curious about dealing with stretch marks (and apparently other types of scarring from what I've read) then I'd say do some research, watch some videos and maybe give dermarolling a shot. Its a lot more cost efficient compared to any kind of procedure you might get and mostly just requires patience as the results will not happen over night to any extreme degree.

Necrovex

Oct 25, 2017
So I read about a myraid of sunscreens having ingredients causing potential cancer, like my Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen. I've used Elta MD Sunscreen for my face and the Neutrogena for the rest of my body. I'm looking for quality sunscreen that doesn't cost an obscene amount of money like Elta (but that may not be possible). Ideally I'd love zinc sunscreen that doesn't make me look like a paler ghost. I've seen mention of KAO Bioare. Any quality affordable options would be appreciated.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
I've suddenly started taking care of my skin for the first time in my life.

I am doing:
1 - cleansing gel
2 - exfoliant
3 - pore shrinking essence
4 - day cream

Also a mask (once or twice a week).

My skin has improved a lot. But my pores around the nose are still too large, I can't seem to fix it.

Darkatomz

Oct 27, 2017
CA
I've suddenly started taking care of my skin for the first time in my life.

I am doing:
1 - cleansing gel
2 - exfoliant
3 - pore shrinking essence
4 - day cream

Also a mask (once or twice a week).

My skin has improved a lot. But my pores around the nose are still too large, I can't seem to fix it.
Looks like you already have the essence covered, would also suggest snail cream like Mizon's.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
So I read about a myraid of sunscreens having ingredients causing potential cancer, like my Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen. I've used Elta MD Sunscreen for my face and the Neutrogena for the rest of my body. I'm looking for quality sunscreen that doesn't cost an obscene amount of money like Elta (but that may not be possible). Ideally I'd love zinc sunscreen that doesn't make me look like a paler ghost. I've seen mention of KAO Bioare. Any quality affordable options would be appreciated.
There is a list of the specific products that had the unlisted chemical, and it was mostly aerosol sprays. The typical lotions don't seem to be as much concern.

Saad

Oct 27, 2017

i use vichy for more than a year now, it's very light and smooth especially if use other products, and it's suitable to my daylife (i rarely get exposed to direct sunlight)

Oct 25, 2017
What are the best places to buy some of these brands? Amazon is not only sketchy and will often sell fakes, but they're also a shitty-ass company who mistreats their workforce.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I recently started using Cotz and I like it! I've tried two:
- Sensitive Non-Tinted for Face and Body (20% zinc oxide)
- Face Prime and Protect Non-Tinted (8% titanium dioxide, 3.8% zinc oxide)
Honestly I like the Sensitive one better and it's a better price too! Slightly cheaper than Elta MD and Ulta is currently having buy one get one 50% off.

Necrovex

Oct 25, 2017
I recently started using Cotz and I like it! I've tried two:
- Sensitive Non-Tinted for Face and Body (20% zinc oxide)
- Face Prime and Protect Non-Tinted (8% titanium dioxide, 3.8% zinc oxide)
Honestly I like the Sensitive one better and it's a better price too! Slightly cheaper than Elta MD and Ulta is currently having buy one get one 50% off.

Thanks for the heads up on the Cotz. I went ahead and bought some from Ulta. Hard to say no to having six OZ of quality sunscreen for the same price I'd pay for a tiny Elta bottle.

People seem high on the quality of Cotz's sunscreen. Hoping the white cast isn't too bad on my pale self. Hahaha.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
What would be recommended for what I want to address here: my forehead skin has gotten more than a few lines over the last few years, but more bothersome than that it's developed a 'texture'. Kind of a pitted texture, maybe? It's only really noticeable under certain lighting. I don't think it's just pores or whatever, and the skin on the rest of my face has held up remarkable well I think. All I currently do is daily sunscreen, face wash, Paulas Choice 2% BHA salacylic acid, some korean(?) hyaluronic acid lotion and a moisturizer. What could I throw in? An AHA? Some stronger kinda acid peel? Retinol/retin-a?

Oct 30, 2017
Bumpity bump. So I've had atrophic scars on my cheeks (boxcar) and forehead (icepick) since I was a teen, and I must say, TCA Cross + dermarolling DIY combo absolutely works. Literally. After years of researching, spending thousands of dollars at a derm's office, performing various methods myself to remove them, and getting constantly disappointed that they didn't work, I found a regimen that will finally remove those suckers.

I started 3 months ago, and I've done 6 sessions in total so far, so 3 TCA Cross and 3 dermarolling sessions. I use TCA Cross 80% and a 1.5 mm dermaroller. I perform these alternatively on a 2-week interval, i.e., I dermaroll today, the next 2 weeks I do TCA Cross, then the next 2 weeks I dermaroll, and so forth. I'm sure a lot of people in this thread already know about it or can research about them, but I'll go ahead and outline the steps just so it's easier to follow:

TCA Cross 80%
  1. Ensure gloves are on
  2. Have a few toothpicks (for icepick and smaller boxcar scars) and cotton swabs (for bigger boxcar scars) ready.
  3. Despite toothpicks being small, they cover a lot of surface area after skin contact, especially cotton swabs. I recommend sharpening them
  4. Dip your choice of instrument multiple times in the bottle so there's enough TCA in them
  5. Poke directly at the entire depressed scar for a few seconds to ensure the entire scar is covered. Expect a stinging sensation for each poke
  6. After a minute or so, the scars will frost
  7. When you're done, wash face with water. Moisturize if needed
Dermarolling
  1. Ensure dermaroller has no bent needles
  2. Coat or spray dermaroller with 70% isopropyl alcohol
  3. Wash face with water, then wipe some alcohol on face
  4. Roll dermaroller on one area of my face 6-8 times. Lift as you go, not in a back-and-forth motion.
  5. Depending on needle length, you may get pinpoint bleeding
  6. When you're done, wash face with water
  7. Swish dermaroller vigorously in water mixed with dish soap
  8. Coat or spray dermaroller with 70% isopropyl alcohol again
  9. Apply Vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and so forth on face for better results. Expect stinging as your skin deeply absorbs them

After doing this for 3 months, I'm super delighted about the results so far, and I would say it's a 40% improvement right now: the existing deeper scars are shallow now and a few of the shallower scars I had are literally gone. To make sure that I wasn't fooling myself, I even put angled lighting against my face to see if the indentation smoothened out, and they are! Some of my scars post-TCA scabbing are hyperpigmented, while some are not, and I made sure not to mess with the scabs since it took 6-9 days for them to fall out. Moreover, the first time you do TCA Cross, some of those scars may appear wider, but they say that's just a sign of the skin healing. Sometimes I wonder if dermarolling is absolutely necessary since TCA does most of the heavy lifting, but then I realize that after doing TCA on icepick scars, they become shallow. Dermarolling against these shallow scars helps them to be smoothened out, and overall for our skin it helps speed up the healing process—as well as for anti-aging purposes—especially using Vitamin C, niacinamide, and sunscreen. Also, since we've all been stuck at home, it makes this process incredibly easy, so I don't have to worry about anyone seeing my face being red and full of scabs. If I have to go out, I wear sunscreen, a baseball cap, and a mask. Full-on protection, and it feels hella good; otherwise, I stay away from outside. But man, I regret not doing this earlier on, because if I did I might've seen more significant results now, but I gotta be patient!

I do want to note that this isn't my first time dermarolling as I've done it consistently starting in 2016. However, I was only using a 0.75 mm and 1.0 mm, which didn't do much to my indented scars. It only took a 1.5 dermaroller to make some difference, which makes sense since my scars were deeper. I had also done subcision, laser treatments, fat grafting, chemical peels, and so forth. Subcision did help, which broke off the rolling and tethered scars that I had (which actually cannot be treated by TCA or dermarolling), but didn't do anything on my boxcar and icepick scars. Laser treatments and chemical peels only helped to get rid of PIH/PIE. Fat grafting sort of worked and I was initially excited, but after a month or so the rest of them got absorbed or lost so the scars became visible again. Like I said earlier, I did a lot to try and get rid of them, but so far only a combination of TCA Cross and dermarolling have demonstrated significant results, which I knew conceptually before, but either I was hesitant (like thinking TCA was only an in-office treatment) or I didn't do it effectively (since I used smaller needles for dermarollers instead of longer ones). Although people don't recommend doing this at home, if there's no any other option and you've exhausted all of them, I'd say it's good to do this as a last resort.

I want to give credit to this study and these series of blogposts and threads. Sorry I don't have pictures, but pretty much my process is derived from these guys, and their before and afters are incredible, but I'll let the results speak for themselves. I hope this post helps you just as it did for me! :)
Here's my routine if anyone's curious:

AM
  1. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
  2. SAL3 Sulfur Soap 3% Salicylic Acid
  3. Rohto Melano CC Vitamin C
  4. CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion
  5. Neutrogena CF Sunscreen 30 SPF
PM
  1. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
  2. SAL3 Sulfur Soap 3% Salicylic Acid
  3. Hada Labo Premium Hyaluronic Acid
  4. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM
  5. NIVEA 48hr Body Lotion (for body only, not face)
Biweekly
I look at my old post here and man, I had a shitty routine, lmao. I've learned a lot about skincare ever since this post back then, and my skin has been rocking it with my new skincare routine. I decided to take on a fungal acne-safe routine for my face only, with emphasis on hydration and anti-aging, so the products I use are basic AF, oil-free, ester-free, alcohol-free, and fragrance-free. Anytime I look at a skincare product and it has a lot of ingredients, it's almost an automatic no-no. The ingredients I consider essential are vitamin C/E, niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, ceramides, urea, and snail mucin in no particular order. Decent UVA protection factor is also a must for me, but mineral sunscreens are preferred. Since then, my skin has had little to no irritation and breakouts, strong moisture barrier, more even in tone, and wrinkle and flake-free. However, I still have visible atrophic scars and hyperpigmentation, which I'm resolving for in the long-term! For the record, my face has oily/combination, sensitive, and acne-prone skin: forehead, temples, and cheeks are oily; upper cheekbone and base of nose are normal; and edges of nose and below lips/chin are dry. My neck and body have no issues normally, so I'm a bit more liberal with product usage.

Further into my atrophic acne scarring home treatment, I started to break out often, which is probably due to irritation from constant use of the TCA 80% product. That, and then the further irritation and flareup from overcleansing with the Cetaphil "Gentle" Skin Cleanser, overexfoliation from the SAL3 Sulfur Soap 3% Salicylic Acid, and/or sensitivities to certain chemical sunscreen and malassezia-feeding ingredients from Neutrogena CF Sunscreen and CeraVe moisturizers, respectively. I had also started to use Ambi Fade Cream, Shark Sauce, Stridex 2% Salicylic Acid, Aquaphor Healing Ointment, and/or KOSE SOFTYMO Speedy Cleansing Oil, either in conjunction or as part of my existing routine to combat acne, hyperpigmentation, rampant oil production, and/or damaged moisture barrier at the same time. I was basically irritating TF out of my skin, further producing more oil, which caused a lot of breakouts. At the same time, my existing atrophic scars were improving ever so slightly and slowly, but I was getting new ones because of the breakouts. It was at this time that I started to focus less on the scarring treatment and improving my skincare and skin health in general.

In regards to how my atrophic scarring treatment went, my forehead and cheeks saw the most significant improvement. My temples barely made a dent, no pun intended, so they still look ugly AF in angled lighting. At some point, I didn't like how slow the results were coming, and since we were about to enter normalcy, I decided to do 2 medium-depth fractional CO2 lasers to expedite the healing process (one in March, one in May), which made a helluva difference on my forehead and cheeks, again! It's like the hard work I put into with the TCA Cross + dermarolling DIY combo was enhanced by the lasers, which leveled out my scars. My temples saw no improvements again, though, so I'm thinking they need subcision and filler treatments to make a big difference. As part of the package with the CO2 laser, I also did a couple of HIFU and toning laser treatments to further increase collagen production and lighten the hyperpigmentation the TCA caused, respectively. The latter helped a lot, and I used Vitamin C, niacinamide, and sunscreen together to combat the dyspigmentation even further. All of this was for $1020 in a Korean skincare clinic in my area, so it helped a ton and it was worth it.

My updated skincare routine is as follows:
______________________________________________________________________________________

Face (oily/combination, sensitive, acne-prone, fungal acne-safe only)

AM
1. Warm water (wash face for 15 seconds and remove occlusive residue from PM step 3, gently pat dry after)
2. Malezia 5% Urea Moisturizer (apply 1/4 tsp on dry skin, wait to dry)
3. DRMTLGY Universal Tinted Moisturizer SPF 46 (apply 1/4 tsp)

PM (post-workout shower)
1. CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser (apply 1/2 of pump and cleanse effectively for 15 seconds only during shower to avoid breaking moisture barrier)
2. Malezia 5% Urea Moisturizer (apply 1/4 tsp on damp skin, wait to dry)
3. Malezia 2.5% Micronized Benzoyl Peroxide (apply pea-sized amount on acne-prone areas) / CeraVe Healing Ointment (apply liberally on normal and dry areas)
______________________________________________________________________________________

Neck (normal, sensitive, not acne-prone, any products are fine)

AM
1. DRMTLGY Universal Tinted Moisturizer SPF 46 (apply 1/4 tsp instantly)

PM (post-workout shower)
1. Dove Men+Care Body Wash for Men's Skin Care (apply liberally to cleanse effectively during shower and remove sunscreen, dirt, and debris)
2. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM (apply 4 pumps on damp skin, front and back of neck)

Body (normal, not sensitive, not acne-prone, any products are fine)

AM
1. Dermaesthetics EGF UV Shield SPF 50 PA+++ (apply half a fingertip on exposed areas, depending on what I wear)

PM (post-workout shower)
1. Salux Nylon Japanese Beauty Skin Bath Wash Cloth + Dove Men+Care Body Wash for Men's Skin Care (physically exfoliate every part during shower)
2. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream (apply liberally on damp skin)

The CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser is not fungal acne-safe, but since it's a rinse-off product, it's okay. I also use Rohto Melano CC and Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence sometimes, which are not fungal acne-safe, but I'm trying to use all 3 of these products until they run out (I hate wasting products with my money so gotta make do). I'll eventually replace them with Vanicream Gentle Facial Cleanser, Regimen Lab Vitamin X, and COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence, which are all fungal acne-safe. That Vitamin X product is looking hot too, though.

The Malezia line, which launched this past April, has been my holy grail and I will continue to use these 2 products forever. It's simple yet effective, and contains no ingredients that will trigger malassezia and other potential bacterial breakouts. The micronized benzoyl peroxide is actually soothing and moisturizing, and is better than any benzoyl peroxide I've ever used (I've used the Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment a few years ago). As for the moisturizer, urea is an amazing ingredient, which hydrates the daylights out of my skin while gentle exfoliating, so I don't need any AHAs or BHAs to do the exfoliating job. I actually tried to incorporate the SAL3 Sulfur Soap 3% Salicylic Acid TWICE a week only in a 2-week timeframe, but it only irritated my skin further, causing more comedonal breakouts, so I stopped using it (and now I don't know what to do with it). The only downside is that the moisturizer is a tad bit expensive for the amount of product it has, and lasts about a month, so that's basically $22 a month, or $264 a year, but it really is worth it for how amazing the product was conceived and formulated.

I will also say the DRMTLGY sunscreen has been amazing as well! I had used the non-tinted version of EltaMD UV Clear prior, but for a product that claims to be good for sensitive and acne-prone skin, it still caused comedonal breakouts on my face AND neck. I want to say it's because my skin is sensitive to octinoxate, but it doesn't make sense since the DRMTLGY sunscreen contains it and is basically a dupe of the EltaMD one, and I haven't had any breakouts from it, so honestly, I don't really know. Maybe it's the lactic acid? But eh, as far as UVA protection goes, since the DRMTLGY sunscreen is very similar to EltaMD UV Clear, I imagine the protection factor must be great as well, and the addition of iron oxides to combat blue light is a great necessity to combat my existing hyperpigmentation. Oh, and no white cast since the tint matches my skin color! Yay! It shows up on my mask, though, unfortunately.

The CeraVe Healing Ointment is a godsend, by the way. I had been slugging with Aquaphor every night and while it repaired my moisture barrier and made me glow every morning, I think I was sensitive to lanolin, causing me to break out. With CeraVe Healing Ointment, though, the addition of hyaluronic acid and ceramides make my skin a lot happier for sure.

I'm also planning to replace my Dermaesthetics sunscreen with La Roche-Posay Anthelios Melt-in Milk Body & Face Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 100. The Dermaesthetics sunscreen was just something recommended by the Korean skincare clinic, and I couldn't help but buy it, and unfortunately has a lot of shitty ingredients and fragrances, so I decided to use it just for my body, which works well!

A couple of months back I popped into the thread to ask about any home readies or at least treatments about dealing with stretch marks. I had already done some research and hadn't found too much that seemed to be a long term inexpensive option for dealing with the ones I developed when I started getting into shape. This thread basically confirmed what I'd heard online but cheebdragonite mentioned dermarolling/microneedling. I delved into that area looking up a variety of guides, how to's and ended up purchasing a kit containing several different size dermarollers for like $25.

I've been using a 1 mm head every 3 weeks combined with using a hyaluronic acid serum before and after on the stretch marks I've got going across my inner bicep, deltoid and along the sides of my pectorals with disinfecting the rollerhead and areas I was going to dermaroll as well before starting. Its not the most pleasant sensation the first time around, not brutally painful but enough that you'll be wincing when rolling over certain areas like the soft spot between shoulder, arm and pectoral. I got a little bit of blood but it was only the first time and barely a splotch on a piece of toilet paper when wiped away. All in all the hardest part was performing the actual dermarolling considering its not quite so easy to reach your inner upper arm with the tool with your other hand.

After a few months though I've gotten the hang of it and onto to what I was getting to with all this. It works really well in alleviating the look of the stretch marks. I've been taking some pictures each time but my phone camera is not great at picking up the stretch marks. I'm also waiting to see what happens when I move to a 1.5 mm head as that's what I've seen recommended to deal with stretch marks as the needles need to go deeper to have a bigger effect on that kind of skin damage. Even with that I'm impressed with the results after a few months. The larger stretch marks are still visible but the smaller ones are much harder to see even up close. If you pull or stretch the skin you can see them clearer but otherwise the coloration is starting to blend better and even the striations are becoming less visible. The larger stretch marks are even improving though because of their size the effect isn't as defined. I'm actually really curious to see what happens when I move up a head size considering the changes already. I will note that its not magic though, the stretch marks are still there for the most part but they're far less obvious even under harsh lighting.

If anyone was ever curious about dealing with stretch marks (and apparently other types of scarring from what I've read) then I'd say do some research, watch some videos and maybe give dermarolling a shot. Its a lot more cost efficient compared to any kind of procedure you might get and mostly just requires patience as the results will not happen over night to any extreme degree.
Curious to know your progress now after a couple months! I've been working out for 6 years and have had stretch marks since I started, so they're old and white. Unfortunately for me, even with consistent monthly dermarolling, they have not disappeared, let alone improve in appearance. Guess I'll have to rock with them tiger stripes, lol.

I'm getting microneedling done in 5 days!!! Hopefully I look sexy af afterwards (well, after my skin recovers from the process lol)
Good luck! It will take a few months for results to show up, and multiple sessions are much better for significant results.

What would be recommended for what I want to address here: my forehead skin has gotten more than a few lines over the last few years, but more bothersome than that it's developed a 'texture'. Kind of a pitted texture, maybe? It's only really noticeable under certain lighting. I don't think it's just pores or whatever, and the skin on the rest of my face has held up remarkable well I think. All I currently do is daily sunscreen, face wash, Paulas Choice 2% BHA salacylic acid, some korean(?) hyaluronic acid lotion and a moisturizer. What could I throw in? An AHA? Some stronger kinda acid peel? Retinol/retin-a?
Hmm, all of those ingredients should've helped to improve the appearance of your fine lines. If your skin isn't prone to irritation, an AHA can help. If you decide to use a retinoid like retinol or tretinoin, you'll definitely have to remove all acids since the retinoids will already do their jobs, as adding a retinoid into the mix with AHA/BHA will only irritate and make your skin texture worse.