• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Make the environment feel "Alive"
No fuel management
Improve the shooting greatly
Fix the brain dead ai.
Write a decent story with an interesting main character.

Oct 25, 2017
A story that doesn't go on and on and on and actually has some editing this time around.
Aside from that, I was content with the game.

Mac Dalton

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks to you Sony Bend , for his awesome and fun Game. (Who the f. cares for Metacritic.) its my GotY

-more "friendly / neutral" NPCs in the open world.(Not every NPC should be a enemy)

-possibility to buy and sell crafting goods .

-Better faction system.. marauder, anarchist, drifters, etc I dont see the difference in Days Gone. .(Maybe in Part two the factions are more like in Fallout las Vegas)

-a mini game like poker.. I realy like this kind of Feature in RDR / GTA..

-more indoor action against freakers. (Resi light)

-Side quests could use more variations. Like for example not every ambush camp should have a bunker.. More diversety

-coop as an option. After ca. 80 hours of fun I got yesterday my Days Gone Platinum. Now I would love to play this game together with a friend.. (I now this is hard to do)

-weapons customisation. silencer, red dots, scopes, stocks, barrels., ammo types etc. ( Buy and sell)

-possibility to place napalm / molotov bottles...

-. Optional RPG game Mode. Camps need food, Equipment etc.. Like in RDR 2.

Game options.

-Turn on off HUD.
-Turn on off Quest Info. ( I dont want to know how fare I am in a Quest line )
-thirdperson view on foot , near, middle, far.away
-thirdperson view on bike, near, middle, far away
-Aiming Cursor on /off

PS: Sorry for my bad englisch..

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Load screen time and the need to enter and exit, then enter them again was jarring and annoying

Bigger diversity of infected animals

The colonel was pretty cheesy and predictable. Overall the story beats could be seen a mile away

The missions were way too similar. You know Jacobson? He killed someone and stole a bike. Do that 25 times.

Going into a city. Plenty of areas to funnel freaks. I like the open country feel but have buildings that aren't just gas station shells. I imagine they'll have there eye on how tlou 2 handles this

Lots of talking but not enough substance in those discussions

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
I have not finished the game but here's the things I would like in a sequel:
- an urban environment, like a big city. But not necessarily only one city, I want varied environments.
- a different character than Deacon. And the possibility to customize it (at least the clothes). And a different background than bikers.
- the return of the moral choices. Maybe even choices in dialogues.
- more varied missions and side quests.
- maybe a multiplayers coop horde mode.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i haven't completed it yet, but mostly i just want more reasons to explore outside of ingredients for crafting. even if it's just items you can sell or trade it means there's at least some value in exploring a new building you find. varied random stat weapons would be nice too.

currently, if you're stocked up on crafting ingredients, there's literally no reason at all to enter new buildings. which is a shame because the world is beautiful and very detailed. in combination to this i'd like a bit more world building. dead bodies, and notes strewn about that tell a small self contained story about what was. fallout was great for that, so something similar would be appreciated.

in terms of the core aspects of combat/stealth, i'm pretty happy as it is. maybe make the bike chases/combat a bit more "extreme".

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
They should lay off the whole MC thing. I for one think the game would have been fine without it. They should also try to make the open world feel more seamless. Having to load in and out after every cutscene/interaction got pretty annoying and took me out of the experience. Make the hordes actually play an important part in the world instead of just being a showcase for specific parts in the game.

Also, for what it's worth. The people asking for city areas need to understand that they would be littered with cars and would take forever to get through. Going through the damn tunnels in the game was such a pain. I'd hate to have to do that in a huge area every time.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm against a number of the suggested changes that some are mentioning in this thread. Personally, I would do the following;

• Lean more heavily into making the game more survival based
  • Keep the open world
  • Keep the fuel and repair mechanics
  • Increased number of NPC's in a horde
  • Customizable weapons
  • Customizable clothing
  • Greater variety of weapons
  • Increased horror and tension
  • Better vehicular combat
  • Customizable controls
  • Reduced campaign length
  • Partially reclaimed cities in game world
  • Communities in the game with differing ideologies, much like DG1, but your actions, interactions and willingness to work for them affects their perception and relationship with you. Doing certain tasks for one camp could adversely affect ties with another
  • Enemies don't just attack you- they should assess various threats and attack the greatest of those unless that threat is too great and they decide to flee. This was in DG1 but the increased computational power will make for more intelligent foes on PS5
  • Store single additional change of weapons on motorbike and a spare fuel can. Using this particular fuel can will deplete it until it reaches zero at which point you'll have to refill it at a gas station
  • Online component where you manage a camp and must procure provisions for them, drawing you into conflict with other players. Think free-for-all but with the added task of continually retrieving supplies while fighting off other players in a zone until one remains. The winner is the player with the greatest value of materials rather than largest number of kills.
  • Blind fire!
  • Deformable cover

TLDR; Ultimately, what you could say that I want is for DG2 to be a 3rd person Stalker.

Last edited:

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
City environment.
Online mode.
Deacon again.
Drivable vehicles.
Increased zombie count.
Bigger map.

This except for the online mode. I'm down with a nice single player experience. A city environment that you could fully explore would be insane. Being able to enter every building like you can in DG1 would be incredible. Besides that, I just really want more of the same with more polish.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
More exploring, wildlife and hordes. Less loading times, slow walking situations and fuel issues. Keep the rest.
Maybe you can use Guerrilla's Decima Engine.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Not finished yet but so far the biggest improvement would be better pacing and either trim the fat or have more variety in the activities.

Also much more horde stuff(I know I said more variety but there isn't enough in the main or side story of the hordes), it's the best and most unique content in the game. They really should lean on it more and get even crazier with possible tactics for dealing with them etc.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
you can't do proper hordes and bike riding in a smaller game tho.
I think you still can, perhaps not so much the bike riding but more so the hordes. Treat Days Gone 2 like a proper horror game. I feel like big zombie hordes in games are always just something for you to blow up and not so much avoid out of pure terror.

I just couldn't get into this game. It's basically Far Cry but with zombies and that does nothing for me.

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
More survivor mechanics, better gunplay, bigger and more varied map, better cutscene transitions and bigger hordes!

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Less sexism
New protagonist
Better writing
Less stretching
More organic sidequest
New recipes on the word not tied to reputation quests

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
In the sequels I would like to play as different characters in different places. More survival, more crafting, more vehicles and customization, Character customization, Camp Building.

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- No survival mechanics
- No crafting
- No stealth

Make it a open world Gears of War or not even an open world. Just make it like COD with random on rail driving segments.
The entire appeal of this game is the survival mechanics (which includes crafting) lol. They make horde fighting intense and require planning. Personally I prefer the stealth, but to each their own.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
City environments
Better transition from gameplay to cutscene and vice-versa
Moooore zombies / hordes
Better characters (outside of Deacon, everyone else pretty much sucks)
Keep open world
Revamp the whole trust / encampment system.
Keep crafting / scavenging

Oct 27, 2017
Immersion should be the main focus of the sequel. Better animations, make the hud less intrusive/smaller, more sound and graphical detail in the horde and of course bigger size.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I just couldn't get into this game. It's basically Far Cry but with zombies and that does nothing for me.

What would a Far Cry with Zombies need to do to get you into that?

For all intents and purposes, any suggestions that ask the game to do a huge U-turn on its product identity isn't going to happen with a second game in the series. Maybe when it comes time for a refresh/reboot like RE4 or GOW but that isn't going to be DG2.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Most of my complaints are in regards to driving. It needs a better aiming system while on bikes. A rear view button on vehicles. We should not have to pan the camera behind us with joystick in a game that has hordes. Need to change up weapons on the bike.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
More of the same
Keep the bike and fuel thing, i loved that.
Maybe a city/more urban place somewhere on the map.
Keep the "walking dead" supply run vibe, shit is great.
a flame-thrower. gimme one please.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
What would a Far Cry with Zombies need to do to get you into that?

For all intents and purposes, any suggestions that ask the game to do a huge U-turn on its product identity isn't going to happen with a second game in the series. Maybe when it comes time for a refresh/reboot like RE4 or GOW but that isn't going to be DG2.
Perhaps I'm just wishing for another game to be honest. Days Gone wasn't for and when a sequel comes around (if one ever does) then I doubt I'll be too interested. Much like Rage 2, the schlock that comes with open world games are just not appealing to me.

RedGator

Nov 7, 2017
I'd really like it if there were multiple people in a camp giving you missions. I know this kind of happens in the story, but for Bounty missions etc, you're always going to the same person. Have Manny ask me to bring an abandoned bike back for him, or Blair ask me to investigate word of a weapons cache.

I'd like to be able to fire any weapon or throw molotovs from the back of the bike while stationary, for quick escape/leading. Let me fire an automatic from my bike while driving, with reduced accuracy of course.

Much more involvement of the scavenging side of things, currently my inventory is full after 2 minutes of looking around. More options for increasing inventory size, and it'd be nice to include gun upgrades(in a more Skyward Sword way than BotW).

non-white woman protagonist and better writers.

I can't tell you how much I'd love a Rikki/Addy, Lost Legacy style prequel or spin-off or w/e.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
With the massive success of this game, has there been any interview with Sam Witwer recently? Would love to hear his thoughts and if he'd be down for a sequel.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I haven't played it yet but I've watched a lot of gameplay. I wonder if it would be useful to be able to recruit (up to) 3 NPC's (each with their own specialty) that will follow you around and help with hordes or larger encampments. I keep seeing gameplay where Deacon is just completely out of his depth with large hordes and it would be cool if you had NPC buddies that could help with crowd control, set up traps for you, interact with environmental set pieces, gather materials, etc.

They could even implement a system where you have to pay them somehow so they're not just free, and it would help prevent you from abusing it and flying through the game easily.

Would also be neat if you could craft machinery and experimental vehicles/weapons at bases. Gather parts from old farm tractors, busted vehicles, hardware stores, and use a blueprint to slap together a (for example) john deer tractor of death to (literally) mow down zombies, but it has a durability and will break after a certain amount of time.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
What the game needs first and foremost is some serious polish and tweaking.

Many of the mechanics (fast travel, fuel consumption, bike maintenance) are decent ideas, but executed to a degree where they become somewhat cumbersome.
Similarly, some narrative beats simply don't land, the way missions and side missions unlock at random moments - like, a mission giver asking you to check in with them right after driving out of the camp they're located in.

Gunplay needs to be improved a lot. The crafting wheel needs to get tweaked a little - also, you should be able to "consume+craft" , or "loot-and-heal" shit. Like, the following needs to be eliminated:

95% health.
Try to loot enemy corpse "Rags full".
hover over your bandages -> R2 (heal), hover over your bandages -> R1 (craft), loot the body again.
Or just add health thresholds towards which you auto-heal, so people like myself have to do that whole bandage song and dance because of 5-10% missing health.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Absolutely focus on improving all the narrative aspects of the game by hiring a team of dedicated writers to flesh it all out.

Number one reason for me why I thought this was really just the ultimate 7 out 10 game was that most of the narrative aspects came across as really flat especially coming off RDR2. An abundant of content but all throughout, I found myself struggling to care for most of the surrounding cast of characters due to just a lack of interesting interactions or their dialogues being similar in tone throughout all these kill/fetch missions designs. Compared to RDR2 and how they handle Arthur and his relationship with his gang with all sorts of Camp/Mission interactions. There was just too few moments in what felt like a bunch filler where I felt Deacon built anything with any of them outside of just
your wife and Boozer.
Even more problematic for me was just questioning if Deacon really had a clear character arc through out by the end of it all or if he's still the same drifter dude from the beginning of the game.

It's an amazing feat that the Sony Bend team managed to make such an Open World AAA game with a small team but if they were aiming to be apart of that Sony cinematic push too with all these cut scenes then they really should've added a dedicated writing team to really flesh it all out, similar to how Guerrilla Games recognizing they needed a dedicated writing team for Horizon: Zero Dawn. Just seems almost necessary at this point if you want the story to be an important focus in an Open World game with a ton of side missions/characters.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
- No survival mechanics
- No crafting
- No stealth

Make it a open world Gears of War or not even an open world. Just make it like COD with random on rail driving segments.
Forget the open world. Give me something akin to Resident Evil 2 or something.
Lol

"I want a totally different game."

No and No.

These are baked into the DNA of the game. Personally, I want those things to stay in the game just more refined and perhaps more meaningful consequences and choices with the crafting. Days Gone's open world environment and it's verticality is one of its more special elements imo. I would hate for that to disappear.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
More side characters, side missions and towns, coop, maybe a bit more refined melee and gunplay, a city to explore, better loot or some kind of fun loot system(think dying light), more gunfights and chases on the bike.