• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
It's insane to think how many games are delayed in the past few weeks.
So let's take a look we have:

Dying Light 2
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Cyberpunk 2077
The Last of Us Part 2
Watch Dogs: Legion
Monster and Gods
Avengers
Iron man VR

All delayed. A bunch we assume that they are waiting to sell for next gen as a big incentive. How is everybody feeling about the delays for games?

It's a bummer how stacked the first half was going to be but now it's dwindled quite a bit and hopefully it means more time for polish but I also feel bad for all the staff with more crunch time.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I have feeling that only more recent delays (CP2077, Avengers and Dying Light 2) are done to make shorter time between current gen and next gen releases. Ubisoft delayed their games because they probably felt too similar to current releases and other two are probably because they needed more time .

Zioman

Oct 30, 2017
Don't mind if it makes them better in the end.
I can wait, it's not like we don't have anything else to play...

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
FF7R looks like a certification failure. Everything else was probably an attempt to get the game out before next gen, and that goal proving unrealistic.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
I'm used to it. I rarely buy games at launch anymore so it hasn't affected me personally much but I get the displeasure people have especially for games like Cyberpunk and FF7 that have been in development for awhile. At least this increases the likelihood of the games being released in good states. For example was about to buy Jedi Fallen Order last year until I heard about the PS4 version being insanely buggy.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
It's never a big deal to me. It's not like they're canceled. The games will eventually come out.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is a little frustrating as a consumer, especially when you're really looking forward to a game, but i understand why they happen. I just wish release dates werent announced until the devs were 100 percent sure they could hit jt

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
Asked for time of so I could've played Cyberpunk 🤣🤣🤣🤣😭😭😭. Guess I can do backlog stuff.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Let's talk about how this is the 10th thread on this in the last 5 days.

Its a symptom of current marketing cycles. Revealed too early and dates announced a year in advance. It's dumb. At least dying light only had a window. That's a much more realistic target publishers can announce if they can't pull off a Nintendo level secrecy move of 10 months to announcement and release window

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not that bad, they are all still coming out this year before the holidays when the deluge of games really hits. If they were delayed till next year I'd throw a fit, but so far it's all good.

They really should try to curtail this in the future though. In the movie business there are lots of internal delays, but once there's a public release date it's extremely rare to change that.

Aug 26, 2018

Dying Light 2
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Cyberpunk 2077
The Last of Us Part 2
Monster and Gods
Avengers
Iron man VR

All delayed. A bunch we assume that they are waiting to sell for next gen as a big incentive. How is everybody feeling about the delays for games?

It's a bummer how stacked the first half was going to be but now it's dwindled quite a bit and hopefully it means more time for polish but I also feel bad for all the staff with more crunch time.

I think development for 2 additional upcoming consoles as well might be taking a toll as well as finding the sweet spot before next gen consoles launch.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint was a big wake up call to the Industry I think. Following upon Ghost Recon Wildlands which was a massive success, they underestimated how much backlash the game would receive, a game that could have spent more time in the oven improving on the core gameplay mechanics.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, pissed that the Q1/Q2 slate is in ruins. Everything interesting gets delayed. I haven't got a backlog and been about a year since I bought a game day one (Metro Exodus).

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
It shows how hard is to achieve the gold state in game development.

Where is the Miyamoto meme ?

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I really think CDPR should just delay Cyberpunk to the launch of the next gen consoles. Make it an event to hype the game up as a next gen game- even if it is cross gen.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
FF7R looks like a certification failure. Everything else was probably an attempt to get the game out before next gen, and that goal proving unrealistic.
FF7R is finished we already know the file size and that it's being tested as per the leaks these past few weeks, but yeah this is mainly what is causing the delay

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I do not feel bad about delays per se (I'd rather get the games "when they are done" and have them work out of the box and be feature-complete).

What I WILL get annoyed about is if all these delayed games decide to fight for my attention within the same 3-6 week time span close to "next gen".

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
They're all running scared from Animal Crossing.

The only delay that hurt was Crystal Chronicles. I could be playing it now, Square Enix!

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
This would happen a lot less if they announced games 6 months before release. Just sayin.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Last of Us Part 2 is the one that just doesn't make any sense to me. They announced a release date, and then delayed the game like 2-3 weeks later. How did that happen?

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It is a little frustrating as a consumer, especially when you're really looking forward to a game, but i understand why they happen. I just wish release dates werent announced until the devs were 100 percent sure they could hit jt
Even if they were totally confident they could reach the release date (hint: none of them are ever 100% certain), that just shows when people don't understand the realities of game development to think that way.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017

Dying Light 2
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Cyberpunk 2077
The Last of Us Part 2
Monster and Gods
Avengers
Iron man VR
You can add Animal Crossing to that list.

Also this is the third time we've had this thread in a two weeks I think.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I wish release dates where to be announced as the games go gold so we and developers and marketingpeople dont have to deal with this.

Chamon

Feb 26, 2019
I have just been told that there might be another delay for TLOU2. It is second hand information and I'm not going to say anything about my source. Let's just hope it is not correct!