• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Whoppers or Big Macs?

• Whopper

Votes: 560 58.5%
  • Big Mac

Votes: 397 41.5%

• Total voters

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Gotta go against the crowd and vote Big Mac. I will say though, the Grand Mac was a religious experience that made me realize that that's what the Big Mac should've been all along.

Deleted member 29806

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
I don't have kids, never wanted kids and never though about them. But once in a dream I was a father and the first thing I did was to explain to my son how much better the Whopper is than the Big Mac. It is maybe different in the US, but here in Germany the Big Mac is just extremely dry compared to a Whopper.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have kids, never wanted kids and never though about them. But once in a dream I was a father and the first thing I did was to explain to my son how much better the Whopper is than the Big Mac. It is maybe different in the US, but here in Germany the Big Mac is just extremely dry compared to a Whopper.

And they would choose McNuggets. McDonalds is in kids DNA and it's a losing cause trying to teach them otherwise.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Whoppers have tomato, which I do not like. Thus Big Mac is my choice regardless of how much pointless lettuce they stuff in it

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe the Whopper is winning this. I love junk food and even I can tell Burger King is the lousiest of the big fast food chains. Bland burgers and/or shitty ingredients. The Big Mac is iconic and as mentioned above was ripped off by Burger King--it's the exact same thing except with, again, shittier ingredients. McDonald's isn't ripping off the Whopper because there's nothing special about it.

And I know the beef patties in the Big Mac are too thin, but Burger King is never going to win a battle of ingredients quality.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
At this point the Big Mac is in the same tier of poverty Burger than the cheese burgers included in the happy meal. When I eat in McDonalds, I always order their more premium hamburgers, like the angus.

In that regard, the whooper feels closer to those premium hamburgers, although they are still trash next to something like wendys

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Big Macs are disgusting. I don't know if they made them worse while selling them for 1€ a recent while ago but the eating experience was horrible. It just fell apart the second I put the burger in my hands and the taste wasn't good either. Ugh.

Big King XXL is my burger of choice at Burger King.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
European Big Mac is fine. Also who cares about the Whopper if you can have a nice Big King XXL instead?

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017

YES!!

I'm not a very picky eater at all, but I do have an aversion to certain condiments. Mayo is nasty, and it goes on a Whopper. Thousand Island dressing is also nasty, and it goes on a Big Mac.

Quarter Pounders just have regular old ketchup and mustard, which is fine.

Of course you can ask for a Whopper or Big Mac without these things, but I have found the odds of them screwing it up to be about 50-50.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the real answer is pretty much anything else. A bacon cheeseburger from Five Guys, a Culvers Deluxe, a Super Star with Cheese from Carls Jr/Hardees... You picked two of the lowest rungs on the fast food hamburger ladder.

But of those two, the Whopper is better.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Whopper resembles food.

Big Mac is a gross mess of griddle steamed pink slime drenched in weird relish mayo.

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
When it comes to beef it´s Whooper, when it´s about the secret sauce it´s Big Mac.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Whopper is the better sandwich but when given the choice between the two restaurants I will almost always pick McDonald's.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Big Mac is trash the premier McD's burger is the Quarter Pounders so I reject the question.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Are the whoppers a buck? Because a whopper at regular price loses to almost everything.

And it really should be whopper vs. the new quarter pounder. Isn't the Big Mac just the Mcdonald's cheeseburger stacked on itself with one less bun and with salad dressing?

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Neither 🤢. Those aren't Double Doubles.
In-N-Out-double-double.jpg

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I'd call it a tie. I really don't eat them much and when I do it's whichever one I'm craving.

They both seem to taste more bland over the years.

Oct 25, 2017
If I have to choose between those two then definitely whoppers, because I really hate big macs. McDonalds Lettuce is dreadful, the extra bun in the middle always makes the thing feel over stuffed with filler because the patties are never big enough.

Double Quarter Pounder with cheese is the real GOAT choice though.

Ragarra

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy a big mac but I never order a big mac... just get a mcdouble and have them add big mac sauce.

lil jetski

Nov 1, 2017
You're all crazy. Big Macs are master race junk food whereas Whoopers are the blandest fast food burger you can get

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Quarter pounders are superior to the Big Mac. Big Macs are neasty, tastes like a bunch of bread and lettuce, the meat is pathetic. And the sauce can be overpowering as they often slop on too much. Whoppers and Quarter pounders you can at least taste the burger itself.

I much prefer the grilled flavor of BK, McDonalds meat is very unflavorful, just salt and pepper is all I often get

Kodros

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Whoppers of course although I haven't bought one in years because a meal costs like $9 while the Whopper alone was like $4 or $5. I'd rather just get two hamburgers for $2 and call it a day.