• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Robotic or Human?

• Robotic

Votes: 111 56.1%
  • Human

Votes: 87 43.9%

• Total voters

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Like big boss obviously.
images

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
It won't be real until it's "human"*. It will need to replicate every function so why not just engineer an improved flesh human arm?

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
My father works in the field of prosthetics and most patients and R&D he did (and still does although semi-retired) the vast majority of people look for human prosthetics, with many opting for identically matching skin tone. Most people still are dealing with the shock of losing limb(s) and want something familiar. It only seems cool from the perspective of fantasy, losing a limb has a big impact on self-image/confidence, and people tend to want to fit in, not stand out.

Oct 27, 2017
Ctrl F "Big Boss" - No Matches Found
Ctrl F "Metal Gear" - No Matches Found
Ctrl F "Why are we still here? Just to suffer?" - No Matches Found

Come on Era you're losing your touch.

Oct 25, 2017
There are some really cool looking artistic designs that are neither. I'm partial to the ones with more elaborate carvings. I guess if it's easily detachable you could pick one to suit your look.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I like how everyone assumes robo-people are the ones that will be discrimnated against and not other way around. Guys, when job market is utterly populated by priciest most bad ass privliged prostetic cyber people that will outperform you every time cuz they put more money in their body, it's fleshy weirdos that will be discriminated against, and those that can't afford high performance prostetics for good measure.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i prefer whichever one the people around me would accept with the least among of aggression

Oct 27, 2017
I think there should be a law that they must look identifiably robotic. They have the potential to be essentially concealed weapons once the tech reaches a certain point of maturity.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think human, but only because I can't see any upside to having it look robotic.

If it didn't "pass" though I'd happily take robotic.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If you gain/lost fat or muscle wouldnt the human looking arm end up looking weirdly different from your real parts? Ill stick with robot looking until they can make bio synthetic limbs.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
The augmentation riots and wars between norms and augs are going to be real before we know it, aren't they...

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I want the Adam Jensen treatment. All black, nice and shiny, preferably with secret military mods in it.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have no preference. I usually tend for function over form, so I guess that would end up being robotic.