• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which calendar year will BG&E2 launch in?

Votes: 11 2.9%

Votes: 106 28.4%

Votes: 94 25.2%

Votes: 35 9.4%
  • 2025+

Votes: 127 34.0%

• Total voters

above average

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I'm prettttty sure a game that has almost no chance of releasing in 2021 was never planned for current gen consoles.

I doubt there will be many cross-gen games post 2021 so that doesn't narrow down the year much.

This game was never aimed at current gen. Go back and re-watch the original tech demonstration. It is even more obvious now that this game was built for SSD.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I voted 2022, but could see it being 2023.
The game has had the strangest news cycle of any game in the last few years.
It's such a departure from BG&E that honestly they could just call it something else at this point.
Years of on-again-off-again rumors about development and it is happening/is is NOT happening.
Their ambition for the game sounds way too high - especially for a sequel to what seems to be a not incredible
selling first game.

I'm saying that everything about this game feels a little....off. There hasn't been a consistent message, the game sure doesn't look
anything like what I would have liked in a BG&E sequel, and it's super ambitious. I won't be surprised if it gets cancelled and never happens.
But I would love to be wrong!
Also, just because it doesn't look like BG&E doesn't mean I'm not excited - the game looks really cool, so I hope it does finally release.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking 2022 at the earliest, since it still feels so far away.
Either that or it becomes the new DS9 TLG gif.

In my Dreams, I see a photographer running through buildings, escaping a menace of sorts.

I wake up and remember that this was shown nearly 12 years ago ;_;

Yeah still wish we were getting this version. I still remember that teaser and my hype for it along with when that leaked footage got out, so I just hope that somehow this still ends up having enough single-player story content to at least be somewhat satisfying, wise move to bring Jade back into the picture for the story when they showed the second trailer last time, since I don't really care about the co-op.

BG&E2 is so weird to me, the original was a cult classic platformer, nothing seems to suggest enough mainstream interest for a megabudget co-op galaxy exploration game or whatever it's supposed to be, and fans of the original are being rewarded with a game that's absolutely nothing like the original - plus it's a prequel so no story advancement either.

Also in the 2017 reveal they said it takes place "100 years before the birth of Jade" and then in 2018, just kidding here's Jade. The project hasn't had any apparent direction from the beginning.
Yeah.
I imagine they got a ton of feedback for Jade after the reveal.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Considering how much it's changed from the original game I don't even care anymore. So I'll say 2125. No typo.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly not sure. 2023 at the very earliest though.

What I do want is someone to update that old 'where the hell was last guardian at e3?' gif to a modern BGAE2 version.