• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
They will have to release current iterations of their franchises and not just port everything before I'm willing to give them a good grade. My Hero Academia is like the first day and date game and I suppose Dark Souls remastered. Missing Fighter Z or the new Gundam game announced for PS4 while getting the old version is meh. A lot of these ports would have been better in the first few months of the Switch. Naruto is probably a good port to do though.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A year after the launch of the system and Bandai Namco only has one game announced(not even released) that isn't a late port. Some of the games they are porting are several years old and one of them was announced alongside a brand new game. I'm not sure that can be called good support.

Even with Dark Souls they are pretty much publishing in name only. Nintendo is distributing the Switch version outside of Japan, where From Soft self publishes.

The promise of three original games for Switch is pathetic considering the amount of releases Bandai Namco puts out a year.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I hate exclusives but I'm still super hyped for the rumored Switch exclusive Ridge Racer 8! I hope they stick to the old formula and not the RR Unbounded formula that basically turned it into a whole other game.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I think they will eventually become the biggest supporter of the Switch, but I honestly expected more from them in the beginning. Still no Tekken game announced for the system (despite the 3DS and Wii U both having entries early on), and no Dragon Ball Fighterz at launch despite Arc System Works having dev kits. But as I said, I definitely think they're going to go all-in from now on.
Tekken 7 can't even hit 1080p on the OG PS4. It probably wouldn't run that well on the Switch anyway.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
SD Gundam G Generation Genesis for Nintendo Switch
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Developer: Bandai Namco
Release Date: April 26th, 2018 (JP)

This is a port from PS4 and Vita. The series made regular appearances on Nintendo hardware over the past couple of gens, so it's nice to see it here as well. None of these ever get localized to my knowledge. This version has all current DLC IIRC, but is apparently getting more? Not sure if it's just the Switch version getting this new DLC, especially since the other versions are a couple of years old now I think, huh.
While it wasn't released in the west, this specific game actually does have an english localization, so there's at least hope that this port might be a solid import consideration even if it never gets officially released outside of Japan/SEA. It's also worth noting that they are porting the SFC game SD Gundam X as a preorder/early adopter bonus for this port.

ACL

Nov 18, 2017
Bandais support is picking up. Beeing late with some games is more their own problem, than something that bothers me. Less content like the Naruto collection, just means I'll only consider it at lower price.

Tekken 7 can't even hit 1080p on the OG PS4. It probably wouldn't run that well on the Switch anyway.

And? If they want to, they can make it happen. Tekken 6 got a PSP port after all, it even is by far my most played version of the game, I barely touched the PS3 version in comparison, funny enough there were the same excuses why there couldn't be a Wii version, but a PSP was powerful enough..., not from Namco themselves but gamers in forums, lol. At this point it's more important that an eventual TTT3 launches day and date with the other versions.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If that recent JoJo rumor is correct we can chalk up yet another game to the pile.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
And? If they want to, they can make it happen. Tekken 6 got a PSP port after all, it even is by far my most played version of the game, I barely touched the PS3 version in comparison, funny enough there were the same excuses why there couldn't be a Wii version, but a PSP was powerful enough..., not from Namco themselves but gamers in forums, lol. At this point it's more important that an eventual TTT3 launches day and date with the other versions.
We probably won't get TTT3 until after Tekken 9. For reference, Tag 1 came after Tekken 3 & Tag 2 came after Tekken 6.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another great thread.

I'm waiting for that Square Enix thread since they're the biggest supporter between the major third parties.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Another great thread.

I'm waiting for that Square Enix thread since they're the biggest supporter between the major third parties.

LOL I keep thinking of you and your SE thread request! XD

I've avoided this for a few reasons:

1. Support is honestly a tad lacking believe it or not. It's mostly smaller stuff and HD Dragon Quest games.
2. Dragon Quest XI is the biggie but is still MIA.
3. Octopath looks kinda eh to me, so there! :P

Maybe once we see DQ11 and a biggie like say Kingdom Hearts 3 or ports of pre-gen games that weren't on Nintendo hardware (how did they not port Star Ocean 4 to Switch?!), then that might push me to make the thread. :P

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
A year after the launch of the system and Bandai Namco only has one game announced(not even released) that isn't a late port. Some of the games they are porting are several years old and one of them was announced alongside a brand new game. I'm not sure that can be called good support.

Even with Dark Souls they are pretty much publishing in name only. Nintendo is distributing the Switch version outside of Japan, where From Soft self publishes.

The promise of three original games for Switch is pathetic considering the amount of releases Bandai Namco puts out a year.

This is the truth. out of all the major publishers in Japan, Bandai Namco is the least supporting for the Switch up to this point.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Not when Konami only has Bomberman and Marvelous only has Fate/Extella and Senran Kagura spin-offs as support. BN is LEAGUES above them honestly.

Konami don't release many games on consoles these days, Bandai Namco release a huge number of games and Nintendo partner with them to develop first party content, I expected much more from them to be very honest, they didn't even port their indie games to Switch ~_~
things are improving anyway, because the system is exceeding expectations and Xenoverse 2 sold very very well.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

1. Support is honestly a tad lacking believe it or not. It's mostly smaller stuff and HD Dragon Quest games.

Maybe once we see DQ11 and a biggie like say Kingdom Hearts 3 or ports of pre-gen games that weren't on Nintendo hardware (how did they not port Star Ocean 4 to Switch?!), then that might push me to make the thread. :P

I don't know, I think SE support is the best one between the majors

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Konami don't release many games on consoles these days, Bandai Namco release a huge number of games and Nintendo partner with them to develop first party content, I expected much more from them to be very honest, they didn't even port their indie games to Switch ~_~
things are improving anyway, because the system is exceeding expectations and Xenoverse 2 sold very very well.

This is the truth. out of all the major publishers in Japan, Bandai Namco is the least supporting for the Switch up to this point.

Yup, Bandai Namco is the biggest third party publisher in Japan and releases more products than their competitors.

Chacranajxy

Oct 29, 2017
Almost none of their output has been interesting to me. I do not want downgraded ports.

I do hope the Ridge Racer 8 Switch exclusive rumors are true.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Where's Tekken 7 or Tag Tournament Two Switch Deluxe +? Switch has almost no fighting games on the system!
I already stated my doubts about Tekken 7 ever coming to the Switch, but I could see TTT2 getting ported.

im not well versed in tech and stuff but 2D fighting games will forever be a mistery to me was why they are not mandatory 60FPS or why people think they will be "too demanding" to scale downport
Pretty much all competitive fighting games have to have a rock-solid 60fps.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City

Kurtelle

Banned
Feb 11, 2018
Support, yes... but not new games (DS: Remastered is not a new game after all). I'm waiting for that Tales Of. Old games at high prices are what we have now.

Well, there is that game of Boku no Hero. But nothing more.

Deleted member 19702

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No Soul Calibur 6 was baffling. I'll never understand Bamco's persistence to avoid the franchise into Nintendo systems after Soul Calibur 2. It's a mystery only a few know the answer.

Last edited:

RPGamer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Octopath is the most interesting game SE has announced this gen, after Nier and DQ11 :P All the DQ games, Mana, Octopath, DQ 11, TWEWY with new scenario, it's not so bad.

My Hero Academia: One's Justice
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Developer: Byking
Release Date: 2018

The first major licensed game getting a same day release (seemingly) on Switch as the other consoles. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out. This is also BN's first Switch game to run in Unreal Engine 4, so that opens the door for some of their other projects since they seem to be really adopting the engine nowadays.

Doesn't Xenoverse 2 run on Unreal 4 too?

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Until we get an official Tales game from them, I'm gonna give Bamco a poor grade for Switch support.
Well technically its already announced, as in january last year. But we still dont know the title of the game.

Accourding to their financial briefing from september it was suppose to launch before march 31st.

I think you can tell that Namco was late on Switch and is now trying to catch up. Not a lot of parity yet, but I think its coming.

Hey its still miles better than what capcom is doing, i mean if monsterhunter was from namco they wouldve probably localize and release mhxx in the west near the japanese launch date so that it wouldnt intervere with world. But nope capcom being caprcom i guess.

Grindwolf

Nov 29, 2017
Afghanistan
As soon as I read the word TALES you had me hopefully we get Tales of Berseria, ive been holding off on buying it on steam. Would absolutely love a Tekken game as well!!

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Just realized, Bandai is the big supporter of the two when you think about it:

Bandai:
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
One Piece: Unlimited World R
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy
My Hero Academia: One's Justice
SD Gundam G Generation Genesis

Namco:
Namco Museum
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2+
Gotouchi Tetsudou for Nintendo Switch!! (I assume this is Namco)
Dark Souls Remastered (I assume it's Namco)

Pokken falls under Nintendo/TPC here.

I dunno, it feels like any Bandai property is 100% a possibility now that the Naruto games are coming, but Namco's been slower to get moving, and we've still not seen Tales or Taiko yet. Ridge Racer 8 isn't even official yet so that doesn't count.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Byking is doing MHA? Ooooooooohhh... since they're the core that got Gundam EXVS off the ground, faith in MHA is way high now.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Pirate Warriors 3 being JP only on Switch was a huge disappointment.

It's not just Pirate Warriors 3, but several Warriors series games.

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, and Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada are all coming out / already out for the Switch in Japan with no apparent announcement for a Western localized release.

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
Bandai-Namco are also allegedly leading the development of the upcoming Metroid Prime title. I'm so glad to see this company give Nintendo the amount of support they've given so far.

Now if only they'd bring over Fighter Z.
?

Edit: whoops, this post was from last year...nvm...

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I'd be so curious if that Doraemon game gets released in western markets (it could based on the rumors), such a strange collaboration: Brownie Brown (Mother 3 devs) developing it and published by Bandai Namco despite Marvelous owns the rights for Story of Seasons.

time to update the op I guess Hero of Legend

I'm really happy about their support. now I wonder what they are bringing next. maybe dark souls 2-3?

Code Vein.

After God Eater 3 it seems more likely.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
No Digimon support as of yet, when they have three games they can choose from to port.

No news on Digimon Survive either. This ain't it.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
No Digimon support as of yet, when they have three games they can choose from to port.

No news on Digimon Survive either. This ain't it.

Agreed. How hard would it be to port over Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth or Digimon World Next Order? Hacker's Memory is a sequel... I think to Cyber Sleuth so they may need to port the first game before hand anyway.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. How hard would it be to port over Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth or Digimon World Next Order? Hacker's Memory is a sequel... I think to Cyber Sleuth so they may need to port the first game before hand anyway.

Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory are parallel stories. Which is why they should be ported together as a 2-in-1.

But I think the time to do that was in 2017-2018. Supposedly Digimon Survive is meant to release in 2019. It'd be hard to put two Digimon games on the calendar.