• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Update (April 15th, 2019): Added a shit ton of games and FINALLY got this thread updated! Enjoy! this took hours! :P I also added all the available ROM file sizes. All are NA-specific unless the game's are JP-only.

Next up is Bandai Namco! With the announcement of CC2's Naruto games FINALLY making their Nintendo debut, AND with a trilogy pack to boot, I think Bandai Namco have earned their thread as well! Again this look over series is all about 3rd-party publishers that have given Switch significant support, with the series already covering Sega, THQ Nordic, NIS, and Koei Tecmo.

5RXEu5k0pxaD8GfNweD576_nNjMqVvvm.png

Namco Museum
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Developer: Gotch Technology
ROM File Size: 1.3GB
Release Date: July 28th, 2017 (Worldwide)

The first game was an eShop-only release (despite the existence of a box on NoA's website before...). This contained most of hte usual classic arcade games, but it also included games like Splatterhouse, and the surprise remaster of Shiguru Miyamoto's Pac-Man Vs.! FYI, Gotch Technology are the same folks behind all of the Arcade Archives games on Switch by Hamster (except for those by Nintendo like Mario Bros.)!

One Piece: Unlimited World R - Deluxe Edition
Developer: Ganbarion
ROM File Size: 10.4GB
Release Date: August 24th, 2017 (JP), September 29th, 2017 (NA and EU)

The definitive port of a port of a game that originated on the 3DS which eventually got ported to consoles including Wii U. This ran in 1080p and 60fps docked and has all DLC included. Buuut it got a digital-only release in NA, just like on Wii U before it, sigh.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch
Developer: Dimps
ROM File Size: 7.3GB
Release Date: September 7th, 2017 (JP), September 22nd, 2017 (NA and EU)

One of the top releases here. This is quite possibly the definitive edition because it contains the entirety of the original Xenoverse's story (bar the hub world) while the other versions do not. So you're effectively getting two games in one, AND said content is enhanced due to it being run in XV2's engine. Even though the DLC isn't included for free, it IS all available to purchase, so Switch fans aren't left behind. The game while running in 30fps most of the time, does run in 60fps during 1vs1 matches (though story mode ones seem to be excluded), and runs up to 900p docked (it seems dynamic). Certainly better than XV1 on PS3 and 360 which I think were stuck at 720p and 30fps 100% of the time only.

Pokkén Tournament DX
Publisher: Nintendo/The Pokemon Company
Developer: Bandai Namco
ROM File Size: 4.0GB
Release Date: September 22nd, 2017 (Worldwide)

After a teaser at the Pokemon Game Show in August 2013, the game was revealed a whole year later in August 2014 for arcades, and a whole year after that in August 2015 it was revealed for Wii U. But the Switch version wouldn't be announced until June 2017, so there. :P The DX version adds Empoleon, Scizor, Darkrai, and Croagunk as playable Pokemon that the arcade original got after the Wii U version came out, as well as Decidueye as an all-new exclusive. The game is also getting brand-new DLC in the form of Aegislash and later Blastoise as playable Pokemon also!

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - Deluxe Edition
Developer: Omega Force/Koei Tecmo
ROM File Size: 13.2GB
Release Date: December 21st, 2017 (JP), May 10th, 2018 (NA), May 11th, 2018 (EU)

The One Piece: Pirate Warriors series finally makes its Nintendo debut! And it not only includes every bit of DLC for free, BUT it also shockingly runs at a targeted 60fps at 1080p docked. That to me is crazy. O_o The Switch version however seems to lack online multiplayer for some reason. However, it was just patched to include split single joy-con co-op play! It's been confirmed to be coming westward. However only EU gets a retail release.

ezqAefYBn__9gDJP7cjT3r6p5MMDQaF8.png

Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Plus
ROM File Size: 2.5GB
Release Date: February 22nd, 2018 (Worldwide)

The second ever appearance of the Pac-Man Championship Edition series on a Nintendo system, with the first being the original on 3DS as part of Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions. This version got an exclusive 2-player mode featuring a blue Pac-Man!

Gotouchi Tetsudou for Nintendo Switch!!
Developer: G-rounding
ROM File Size: 2.2GB
Release Date: February 22nd, 2018 (JP)

This is a port of a party game released on 3DS and even Wii U that's only been released in Japan. Not much to say about this I'm afraid. Though you'll know the developer G-rounding as the team behind Crimson Dragon and was formed by the creator of Panzer Dragoon. They've worked with Nintendo on Sakura Samurai on 3DS eShop as well.

SD Gundam G Generation Genesis for Nintendo Switch
Developer: Bandai Namco/Tom Create
ROM File Size: 11.2GB
Release Date: April 26th, 2018 (JP)

This is a port from PS4 and Vita. The series made regular appearances on Nintendo hardware over the past couple of gens, so it's nice to see it here as well. None of these ever get localized to my knowledge. This version has all current DLC IIRC, but is apparently getting more? Not sure if it's just the Switch version getting this new DLC, especially since the other versions are a couple of years old now I think, huh.

Dark Souls Remastered
Publisher: Bandai Namco (NA and EU), From Software (JP)
Developer: From Software (original game)/Virtuos (Switch version)
ROM File Size: 4.0GB
Release Date: October 19th, 2018 (Worldwide)

The Dark Souls of portable gaming... or something! :P Yes! The long rumored remaster and debut of the franchise on Nintendo systems is finally true! Virtuos is seemingly in charge of the Switch version, right off the heels of their remaster of L.A. Noire on Switch and other systems as well.

My Hero One's Justice
Developer: Byking
Release Date: August 23rd, 2018 (JP), October 26th, 2018 (NA and EU)

The first major licensed game getting a same day release (seemingly) on Switch as the other consoles. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out. This is also BN's first Switch game to run in Unreal Engine 4, so that opens the door for some of their other projects since they seem to be really adopting the engine nowadays. For reasons unknown they renamed the game to remove the Academia branding. What a bunch of academia nuts! :P

Little Nightmares: Complete Edition
Developer: Tarsier Studios/Engine Software (Switch version)
ROM File Size:
Release Date: May 18th, 2018 (NA), June 7th, 2018 (JP)

This is the complete version of the new IP by Tarsier Studios, most known for working with Media Molecule on most of their projects in some form. It ended up getting an eShop-only release in NA.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy
Developer: CyberConnect2 (original games), h.a.n.d (remasters), Bullets (Switch version of the remasters)
ROM File Size: 17.6GB (UNS1: 5.6GB, UNS2: 5.2GB, UNS3 FB: 6.7GB)
Release Date: April 26th, 2018 (Worldwide)

The game that got this thread off the ground. For the first time ever, Nintendo fans get to play the Naruto games by CyberConnect2, and THREE of them to boot! The fact that CC2 already has three of their own Switch games in development made me consider something like this a legit possibility... and I was right! It sounds like all the DLC is included, whether that includes the licensed ones like Goku's outfit in I think UNS3, I don't think we know yet. The trilogy came out in NA and EU but only on the eShop. However, in EU the game got one of those "code in a box" releases like the Fortnite Deep Freeze Bundle.

Go Vacation
Publisher: Nintendo (NA and EU), Bandai Namco (JP)
Developer: Bandai Namco/Shade
Release Date: July 27th, 2018 (NA and EU), December 27th, 2018 (JP)

Who the hell saw this one coming?! Indeed, out of NOWHERE Nintendo just dropped a trailer announcing that the very late Wii game Go Vacation would be coming to Switch! It just seems to be a HD remaster with potentially cleaner textures, and the game does seem to use the Joy-Con motion controls as a carry-over from the Wii game, not terribly sure. And to clarify, this was entirely by Bandai Namco on Wii, but for reasons unknown, Nintendo is publishing this in the west (with BN again publishing in Japan). Weird.

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun!
Release Date: July 19th, 2018 (JP), November 2nd, 2018 (NA and EU)

The impossible has happened. A new Taiko game is actually getting localized, and NOT being rebranded with the first member of the DK crew! Revealed as an untitled entry way back at the Nintendo Switch Presentation in January 2017. The game was finally revealed in the March 8th, 2018 Nintendo Direct but only for Japan as per usual for the series. For some reason, again, the game got a retail release in EU but once again not in NA.

Dragon Ball FighterZ
Developer: Arc System Works
ROM File Size: 7.8GB
Release Date: September 27th, 2018 (JP), September 28th, 2018 (NA and EU)

It finally happened. After BN dangled the carrot to Switch owners when the game was revealed at E3 2017, saying that they'd have to buy DB Xenoverse 2 and then they'd seemingly consider it (you know how it works). Luckily, DBXV2 sold VERY well (especially in Japan where it still charts to this day), and so at E3 2018 it was finally announced for Switch. Funny enough, like Extreme Butoden on 3DS before it, pre-orders of the Switch version will come with a code for Dragon Ball Z Super Butoden from the Super Famicom to download from the eShop. Also, BN are not just pushing for 60fps, but it appears that the game looks almost as gorgeous and crisp as on other platforms. That's NUTS.

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
Developer: Namco Tales Studio (original game), QLOC (remaster)
Release Date: January 11th, 2019 (worldwide)

It felt like it would never come. After being announced as an untitled Tales of game for Switch back in the Jan 2017 presentation alongside Taiko. When both said games were supposed to be due before March 31st, 2017 without a word, it just felt like it was never going to happen. Fast forward to E3 2018 and during Microsoft's conference no less, it was announced initially as an XBO game (obviously), but thankfully just a few hours later it was proper revealed to be coming to XBO, PS4, PC, AND Switch! This game is a remaster of the game released on Xbox 360, as well as on PS3 in Japan-only. The latter of which included bonus content including new playable characters and other goodies, all of which are in the remaster!

Neko Tomo
Developer: Groove Box Japan
ROM File Size: 570MB
Release Date: November 1st, 2018 (JP)

This is a sequel to Kuma Tomo, aka Teddy Together in EU, which was a 3DS-exclusive. Neko Tomo this time is on 3DS, AND Switch. The odd thing is that while Arika developed Kuma Tomo, the sequel was taken over by Groove Box Japan. This team is a mostly Nintendo-focused team who've done loads of licensed and smaller games over time in Japan, such as the recent Beyblade games.

Namco Museum Arcade Pac
Developer: Gotch Technology/Bandai Namco
Release Date: September 28th, 2018 (NA and EU)

This is a retail 2-pack of Namco Museum and Pac-Man Championshop Edition 2 Plus. That's pretty much it! :P As far as I can tell this never came out in Japan for some reason despite the separate games having done so.

Kamen Rider Climax Scramble
Developer: Lancarse
ROM File Size: 2.8GB
Release Date: November 29th, 2018 (JP)

A new Kamen Rider is on Switch! Oddly enough, veteran series developer 8ing sat this one out and passed the game to Lancarse, who some may remember made the first two Etrian Odyssey games as well as Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, all on DS. This is is an arena fighter not unlike Pokken Tournament IIRC and is something of a sequel/successor to the PS4 entry which was called Kamen Rider Climax Fighters. This game did get an English release in South East Asia, so you could import that if you want. :P

Chou Tousouchuu & Chou Sentouchuu Double Pack
Developer:
ROM File Size: 1.8GB

This is a 2-pack of the 3DS games now remastered on Switch. Don't know much about these. I don't see these ever getting localized.

Nari Kids Park: HUGtto! PreCure
Developer: NatsumeAtari
ROM File Size: 1.2GB
Release Date: November 21st, 2018 (JP)

Here's a trio of games specifically for kids called the Nari Kids Park series. All star kid-oriented shows, all developed by NatsumeAtari (no not that Atari), and all were released in the same day... okay! Not much to say about these I'm afraid. This first one is based on PreCure.

Nari Kids Park: Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patoranger
ROM File Size: 2.4GB

The second one is a Sentai game.

Nari Kids Park: Ultraman R/B
ROM File Size: 2.2GB

And the third is based on... Ultraman!? He's still around?! I guess this is a newer version of Ultraman. :P

Okay they should do a Godzilla one. In fact NatsumeAtari made a Godzilla game on PS3 and PS4 recently, so.. make one... or something! :P

Katamari Damacy Reroll
Developer: Monkeycraft
Release Date: November 30th, 2018 (NA and EU), December 20th,, 2018 (JP)

Crazy. This is not just the first proper entry on a Nintendo system (the Custom Robo folks at Noise Games made a DSiWare puzzle game which never got localized...). AND it's a Switch console-exclusive! This is a remaster of the very first game from PS2! It's done by a dev called Monkeycraft and I have no clue who they are. The only other game I've seen them do is a licensed Switch game for FuRyu. Maybe they have former Katamari folks there? NOW PRO worked on all the other entries and are still around, so why not them I wonder. Also this was made on Unity funny enough. I guess they ported the whole thing to a new engine because why not!

Billion Road
Developer: Matrix Software
ROM File Size: 278MB

This is what is considered to be the spritual successor to Hudson Soft's Momotaro series... which Nintendo just published a 3DS entry of like a year or so ago. :P Well this time it's by Bandai Namco... and Matrix Software of all folks. Yeah, the folks behind the Final Fantasy remakes on DS. basically it's a party board game with trains and crazy stuff.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Sora/Bandai Namco
Release Date: December 7th, 2018 (worldwide)

Oh yeah! Yepper, this is likely going to make BN more money than possibly anything they'll make all gen... right? :P Anyway, you all know this game. So many characters, I mean after all, EVERYONE IS HERE! You got BEGGED for newcomers like Ridley, K. Rool, Daisy, Inkling, etc. Like Smash 4 before it, it'll have DLC characters as part of the Fighters Pass. We know there will be 5 at the moment, and the first is none other than Joker form Persona 5, voiced by the announcer, Xander Mobus. :P

Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization - Deluxe Edition
Developer: Aquria
ROM File Size: 13.2GB (JP)
Release Date: April 25th, 2019 (JP), May 24th, 2019 (NA and EU)

Finally, after the usual "beg and we'll think about it", BN are bringing not one, but TWO Sword Art Online games to Switch! This is a complete version of the game originally on Vita and PS4. It's I think somewhat comparible to Monster Hunter and maybe Ys 8? Not sure.

Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission
Developer: Dimps/Safari Games
Release Date: April 4th, 2019 (JP), April 5th, 2019 (NA and EU)

Unbelievable. We actually have a Dragon Ball heroes game... IN THE WEST?! Even the arcade games only got a mere location test and not an official release in the west. O_o Obviously because there's a shit ton of characters, all voice-acting is in Japanese (could they even reuse the Xenoverse 2 clips?). But this is something else and it seems to be well recieved by the fanbase from what I've observed. There's a demo on the JP eShop... can we western folks get a demo as well BN? Please?

Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match DX
ROM File Size: 6.4GB
Release Date: February 21st, 2019 (JP)

This is the first Switch entry in this once Sony-exclusive series on Vita and PS4. This DX version is a port of the most recent game that was on PS4 as well and the DX content is actually DLC in said PS4 version. Seemingly you play as girls in tanks and you drive them around shooting each other... neat!

Super Robot Wars T
Developer: B.B. Studios
ROM File Size: 5.5GB
Release Date: March 20th, 2019 (JP)

The first Super Robot Wars game on Switch is the latest of the series. It's got lots of licenses here... not much else for me to say lol!

Doraemon Story of Seasons
Developer: Brownies
Release Date: June 13th, 2019 (JP)

This is an odd one. A crossover between Marvelous' Story of Seasons franchise with... Doraemon? And it's not being published by Marvelous, but rather by Bandai Namco? AND it's developed by Brownies, aka the successor to Nintendo's Brownie Brown? What the hell?! Well it's happening! This is a more top-down simpler-looking version of the game, rather than the more 3D-esc take of the 3DS games. Also, Marvelous clarified that there is a proper major Story of Seasons game still to come, and Nintendo still lists said game separately from Doraemon Story of Seasons on their Japanese site, so yeah! :)

God Eater 3
Developer: First Studio
Release Date: July 11th, 2019 (JP), July 12th, 2019 (NA and EU)

Out of fucking nowhere. Bandai Namco just uploaded a trailer just plain announcing the game, and it's already due in July. This is the first console-specific entry in the series after both prior games were made specifically for the PSP. This is also the first not by the series veteran dev Shift, but rather Marvelous' First Studio, who some will recongize as the developer of Daemon X Machina! Fun fact. Key members of the team at First Studio also worked on Sony's own Monster Hunter clone; Soul Sacrifice! Fitting! :P

Disney Tsum Tsum Festival
Developer: B.B. Studios/Hyde
Release Date: 2019

Yeah, this is a game by Bandai Namco based on Disney's Tsum Tsum toys. I'd like to think this is a contunation of this sort of thing that began with Disney Magic Kingdom on 3DS. Yet that was by h.a.n.d. This is by B.B. Studios, who've made the Super Robot Wars games, and Hyde, who did Hometown Story on 3DS. It's a mini-game collection (it's got curling people), and a mode based on the hit mobile game. It even has online multiplayer. Oh and it has a Pac-Man-style game in it.

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet - Complete Edition
Developer: Dimps
Release Date: Summer 2019

The other Sword Art Online game for Switch. Funny thing about this game is that it's more or less Freedom Wars 2, but with the SAO licence. Dimps did co-develop Freedom Wars afterall with Shift.

RAD
Developer: Double Fine Productions
Release Date: Summer 2019

A team-up between Double Fine and Bandai Namco with a top-down mascot action game for all systems. This was one of the more intriguing announcements in the Nindies Showcase, that's for sure.

SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays
Developer: TBA
Release Date: 2019 (JP)

The latest SD Gundam game.

Ninja Box
Developer:
Release Date: 2019 (JP)

And all-new IP that's something of a cross between Yo-Kai Watch and with the crafting elements of... Fortnite!? It's also heavily marketed with familiar Japanese magazine CoroCoro (the one that gets all the new Pokemon scoops). No clue who's making it. I'm very interested in knowning.

Digimon Survive
Developer: TBA
Release Date: 2019

The first Digimon game on a Nintendo system since Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode on 3DS. It's also the first of such to reach the west on a Nintendo system since I believe Digimon World Championshipk on DS way back in 2008. This game is more of a tactical RPG like Disgaea or Fire Emblem with some visual novel elements I believe. The game's gone super quiet since not long after its unveiling many months ago, so who knows what's going on with it.

And here's a complete list of the games above for your convenience!:

Namco Museum
One Piece: unlimited World R - Deluxe Edition
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch
Pokken Tournament DX (Nintendo)
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - Deluxe Edition
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Plus
Gotouchi Tetsudou for Nintendo Switch!!
SD Gundam G Generation Genesis for Nintendo Switch
Dark Souls Remastered
My Hero One's Justice
Little Nightmares: Complete Edition
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy
Go Vacation
Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun!
Dragon Ball FighterZ
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
Neko Tomo
Namco Museum Arcade Pac
Kamen Rider Climax Scramble
Chou Tousouchuu & Chou Sentouchuu Double Pack
Nari Kids Park: HUGtto! PreCure
Nari Kids Park: Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patoranger
Nari Kids Park: Ultraman R/B
Katamari Damacy Reroll
Billion Road
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo)
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization - Deluxe Edition
Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission
Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match DX
Super Robot Wars T
Doraemon Story of Seasons
God eater 3
Disney Tsum Tsum Festival
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet - Complete Edition
RAD
SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays
Ninja Box
Digimon Survive

###

And that's it as far as Bandai Namco developed or published games! They also helped out with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and ARMS, but only seemingly in a minor supportive role, rather than a major influence.

And there you have it! What games by BN do you have on Switch and/or are looking forward to the most? I'm loving DBXV2 and the Naruto trilogy, and I'm super hyped for Dragon Ball FighterZ, Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition myself. Oh and of course, if the rumored/leaked Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer 8 as a Switch-exclusive is true then... oh my, I'm THERE! :D

Last edited:

CloverQ

Feb 12, 2018
Bandai-Namco are also allegedly leading the development of the upcoming Metroid Prime title. I'm so glad to see this company give Nintendo the amount of support they've given so far.

Now if only they'd bring over Fighter Z.

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would port ps2 or ps3 games as well.

I would love to see
Urban reign, klonoa and maybe some tekken tag tournament.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Bandai-Namco are also allegedly leading the development of the upcoming Metroid Prime title. I'm so glad to see this company give Nintendo the amount of support they've given so far.

Now if only they'd bring over Fighter Z.
more is alwasy good, but getting a port of older game when a new game of the same IP/ Franchise is about to release on everything makes no sense to me whatsoever

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I think they will eventually become the biggest supporter of the Switch, but I honestly expected more from them in the beginning. Still no Tekken game announced for the system (despite the 3DS and Wii U both having entries early on), and no Dragon Ball Fighterz at launch despite Arc System Works having dev kits. But as I said, I definitely think they're going to go all-in from now on.

CloverQ

Feb 12, 2018
more is alwasy good, but getting a port of older game when a new game of the same IP/ Franchise is about to release on everything makes no sense to me whatsoever
It makes sense from a business perspective to test the waters and see how much money you can squeeze out of a new system, especially when its as experimental as the Switch. Not to mention that its graphical/hardware capabilities being comparable to last gen systems means its probably a lot easier to port.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
It makes sense from a business perspective to test the waters and see how much money you can squeeze out of a new system, especially when its as experimental as the Switch. Not to mention that its graphical/hardware capabilities being comparable to last gen systems means its probably a lot easier to port.
It makes sense to "test the waters" with an older product totally makes sense and will not drive away people interest
/s

now seriously, if you want to "test" something you then makes more sense to do it with your most current product cause that is what ultimately you intend to sell to the target audience "being test"

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder why they haven't said anything about Pirate Warriors 3 getting localized? They waiting until after Hyrule Warriors comes out?

ranmafan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really looking forward to SD Gundam on the switch. Love the PS4 version but it will be even nicer to have a portable version with all the dlc as I never got the dlc and never got the vita version. I just just that Super Robot Taisen V and X end up coming out for it as well. While I don't mind getting them for vita sometime along with the PS4 versions I'm getting. I would like to hold out for a switch version if possible.

CloverQ

Feb 12, 2018
It makes sense to "test the waters" with an older product totally makes sense and will not drive away people interest
/s

now seriously, if you want to "test" something you then makes more sense to do it with your most current product cause that is what ultimately you intend to sell to the target audience "being test"
If you have a first year console from a company that flopped on a catastrophic level with their previous console and then have a couple more consoles that were a bitch to develop for and not even worth it, what makes more sense to you? To bring over an enhanced port of a game that's 1/2 years old to test out the kind of sales you could get or to spend a lot of money developing for said new console from a company that had a shaky track record.

Now that its been a year and we have already seen some of their titles outsell versions on other consoles, they really have no excuse to not bring out more recent titles but considering that they seem to be leading the development of a Nintendo property (if rumors are true) and probably have more titles on the way, I don't see why its a big deal for them to approach the Switch as they did initially.

NeoPancho

Nov 3, 2017
So far it has been mostly rereleases of old titles (nothing wrong with that) but it looks like it's changing. I hope they release some Super Robot Wars games (with Xenoblade X Skells ^-^u).

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
SRW, Kamen Rider spin-off, Gundam, Ridge Racer 8, Tekken and Soul Calibur series for handheld, Metroid Prime 4, more One Piece, etc.

Majority will come from Bandai like we now saw with Naruto trilogy.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I came in this thread expecting Bamco crucified, glad it hasn't happened yet.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like the fact that they are going to release a Naruto Trilogy on Switch but a Naruto collection with all four games on the other consoles.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah pretty great support imo.

It would be cool to get some more of their back catalogue on Switch too.

Fingers crossed for a version of Soul Calibur 6.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They'll most likely be the biggest Switch supporters going forward with a good amount of their new releases hinting the device in the future.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Pirate Warriors 3 being JP only on Switch was a huge disappointment.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Bamco have always been good with Nintendo. They made Smash 4 & 5 after all. I would nominate them for best 3rd party support honestly (KT doesn't really count to me because they've only brought over musou games).

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Until we get an official Tales game from them, I'm gonna give Bamco a poor grade for Switch support.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder why we hadn't hear about Tales of yet, maybe they wanted to release a quick port then saw the console selling well, changing their plans?

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Bandai Namco has a good relation with Nintendo, especially with Smash and Metroid under their hood right now... so I'm not surprised.

Man, I want to play Pac-man CE2's coop :D

Deleted member 59

Yeah decent level of support so far, but i need me some Tales of.... Before I'll be happy.

A handheld port of NnK or NnK 2 would be greatly appreciated!

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
I think you can tell that Namco was late on Switch and is now trying to catch up. Not a lot of parity yet, but I think its coming.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
You should have links to all other "lets look over.." threads.
It's at least interesting to read.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
They also are, according to their plans last year, bringing 'Taiko no Tatsujin' and a 'Tales of' game. I'm happy they're supporting Switch this much.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I'm actually a bit disappointed with Bandai Namco. We get late, full priced ports/collections (which in the case of Naruto is missing a part, but we'll need to see a price first.) And we have the "beg for the game" meme that started with fans asking for DB FighterZ.

The Switch won't get all Bandai Namco games, that much is for certain, but I think they could handle communication a bit differently, and handle the releases better. I'm still "pissed" about the full price Xenoverse 2 port, with PS4 version getting a complete version shortly after. I just don't get it.

I do believe that Bandai Namco is one of the better supporters of Nintendo, they have a great relationship. But they could show it more. I hope to see some good support in the future. It's nice that Dark Souls is getting a port "on time" for once. But maybe that's a From Software thing.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Well Bamco ramped up some stuff; things which could be put shelves a bit quicker without a lot of development time and costs like Pirate Warriors 3, SD Gundam, Naruto, Dark Souls...

Hope new stuff comes along as well