• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
After CTR's success, it's only a matter of time before we see a new Crash game. Assuming it's a completely original game instead of another remake, what would you like to see?

Here's what I think:

• The game would obviously be a platformer
  • It'd be a tad more story-focused than the original trilogy (think Twinsanity, Ratchet PS4 or Mario Odyssey) because they'll likely want to have chances of showing interactions between the extended cast that CTR added
  • Still based on levels, but a little more open-ended
  • Instead of a Warp Room, we'd have a small hub-world that lets you access every level.
I don't think they'll go for a straight up "Crash 4" that's basically copying Warped like WoC, although I'd trust the developers if they decided to do that.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's structured like Twinsanity or the Ratchet games. A bunch of hub areas where you can explore, with areas only accessible after certain abilities, that lead you naturally into levels

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they let someone run wild with the art style and graphics like Beenox did with the reimagined tracks for Nitro Fueled. They are so good I wish they were levels in a platformer, far more impressive than NSane Trilogy.

And hopefully we can finally break away from the stiff platforming of the PS2 games and make it much more like a modern 3D platformer. Multiple characters with different movesets, imaginative bosses that do more than spin in a circle, the works.

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely don't think they'll try a Crash 4 again, because that was so bad.

I hope it's structured like Twinsanity or the Ratchet games. A bunch of hub areas where you can explore, with areas only accessible after certain abilities, that lead you naturally into levels

Something like Twinsanity would work great for the reasons you mentioned above, and given that that game had a big emphasis on dialogue and story, I could see it fitting into the new style that Beenox/Vicarious Visions have given the franchise.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I forgot to mention that alongside the graphics and art style reaching new heights, Beenox also reimagined characters and personalities that were total duds before.

It would be cool to see the new version of Crunch, Nitro Girls etc in a brand new story.

I'd like to see it be open ala the first Jak and Daxter
This is one time I wouldn't mind an open world game, as long as the collectables stay reasonable like Jak, rather than an modern Ubisoft game.

That said, I'd prefer everything was done zone based, like Sly and Ratchet.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Twinsanity sucks if that is what Crash 4 will be than count me out.

I dont need collecthaton or banjo kazooie game like in Crash. I want pure platforming like crash 1 and 2.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
I would love to see a Twinsanity approach but with better execution. They should be careful about the humor and the characteristics of Crash. Just let him slide and spin.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Going free roaming is too big of a gamble if I say so myself. What makes Crash, as stated above, is the tight platforming in its linear design philosophy. Take that away and make it into a run-of-the-mill collectathon, it just becomes less engaging and fun which honestly describes Twinsanity as a whole for me. The crates weren't even fun to break anymore at that point.

Crash's linearity can continue to evolve and be defined over time. Just don't make a clusterfuck of a mess like Wrath of Cortex. Maybe make the corridor levels a bit more open but IDK.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I love Twinsanity Cortex. All this Twinsanity talk reminds of how ugly WoC Cortex was for the PS2 era compared to other games like Twinsanity.
MWUsEKg.jpg

L01R7y2.png

As for the next game, I still feel that going open roam might too much. I think another one closer to the PS1 games with more expanded ideas is gonna happen.

Future Gazer

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
My main concern is the difficulty tbh. Crash needs to kick your ass with its tight unforgiving platforming. If Activision can deliver that, I'll be down.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
Crash Bash Reloaded.

Seriously though, I think they'll continue from Crash 3 and ignore what comes after. Like how DMC5 was to 4.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I still feel Crash can have a better artstyle than it does now just needs to keep changing with it find the one
Definitely, CTR is an improvement over N. Sane but it feels like something's holding Crash's aesthetic back from going forward. Spyro takes full advantage of having a cartoon look to it which feels lacking in Crash now. Maybe with enough of a budget for the new title they can knock it out of the ballpark.

As for the next game, I still feel that going open roam might too much. I think another one closer to the PS1 games with more expanded ideas is gonna happen.
Yup, I think even the devs know this as well and want to keep things contemporary, just after coming off remaking the trilogy.

Oct 25, 2017
that game was garbage jesus imagine if next crash bandicoot game focused on collecting stupid eggs.
what makes Crash fun is tight platforming on psudo 2.5d /3d levels. A full openworld simply will be shitty ass mario/banjo clone.
Different strokes and all that. I found it the best in the series. But it's not like i'd want it to be a clone or anything, I just liked the way the game took the Crash formula and opened the world up in a lot of interesting ways. It was a good way to expand on the game formula.

I forgot to mention that alongside the graphics and art style reaching new heights, Beenox also reimagined characters and personalities that were total duds before.

It would be cool to see the new version of Crunch, Nitro Girls etc in a brand new story.

This is one time I wouldn't mind an open world game, as long as the collectables stay reasonable like Jak, rather than an modern Ubisoft game.

That said, I'd prefer everything was done zone based, like Sly and Ratchet.

I'm not sure how it works in Rachet or Sly. I just want it to be more interconnected than it was in crash 2 or 3. Always thought that aspect of the game was better in Crash 1 with the islands instead of the hub portals. I get why they did it as it allowed for them to explore all kind of things, but I thought it made the whole experience a bit disjointed (still good though).

And yeah, I wouldn't want it to be a modern extremely populated with collectables open world type of affair. It shouldn't be barren either, but something that made sense. Something that feels natural in the world.

I really did like how it worked in Jak and Daxter. Felt interconnected and dynamic but still a lot of interesting level design.

Last edited:

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Different strokes and all that. I found it the best in the series. But it's not like i'd want it to be a clone or anything, I just liked the way the game took the Crash formula and opened the world up in a lot of interesting ways. It was a good way to expand on the game formula.

I'm not sure how it works in Rachet or Sly. I just want it to be more interconnected than it was in crash 2 or 3. Always thought that aspect of the game was better in Crash 1 with the islands instead of the hub portals. I get why they did it as it allowed for them to explore all kind of things, but I thought it made the whole experience a bit disjointed (still good though).

And yeah, I wouldn't want it to be a modern extremely populated with collectables open world type of affair. It shouldn't be barren either, but something that made sense. Something that feels natural in the world.

I really did like how it worked in Jak and Daxter. Felt interconnected and dynamic but still a lot of interesting level design.
Good for you but most crash fans just want continuation of Original series . There are tons and tons of Mario and other 3d platformer wannabee games to you enjoy.
How many goddamn Crash clones ? nada. Why the heck they would change formula then ? People bought remakes because we want that kind of game. That would be epic piss move if they changed Crash to another game like Spyro clone or something with sandbox and shit.

Mario3D World is kinda Crash bandicoot inspired game compared to other mario games and its tightest and best challenging one.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Good for you but most crash fans just want continuation of Original series . There are tons and tons of Mario and other 3d platformer wannabee games to you enjoy.
How many goddamn Crash clones ? nada. Why the heck they would change formula then ? People bought remakes because we want that kind of game. That would be epic piss move if they changed Crash to another game like Spyro clone or something with sandbox and shit.

Mario3D World is kinda Crash bandicoot inspired game compared to other mario games and its tightest and best challenging one.
I think the problem with something like Twinsanity that it tries to do something new with Crash, while at the same time sacrificing core elements that made the originals what they were. Also, the juvenile tone and bad writing doesn't help matters.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just make Crash 4

Crash 2 and 3 showed that Warp rooms are something fans like, they can be a bit more expansive but everything I've seen of twinsantiy makes me not want to play it.

Crash 3 warped with new levels, new power ups and more secrets.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
If it's a new platformer, I'd like the series to stick to 2.5D like the OG 3. Also, I wouldn't mind a sequel to the two wonderful 2D games on GBA.

Oct 25, 2017

Okay. I didn't know you spoke in a position of authority. Either way, my opinion isn't any less valid than yours. I'm not even talking about changing it radically, just opening it up. It's like you think I want it to be Jak and Daxter when I just said I want it to be open in the same fashion that game is. They can do that while retaining everything that makes the games great. No reason to not add to the experience.