• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrWong

Oct 29, 2017
Yes with you OP, Blame as sf dungeon rpg. Lot of potential for environmental storytelling.

One person said Orion from Shirow: oh yusssss, sf/high-fantasy rpg with already lot of systems in the manga. Masterpiece of sf/fantasy not only in manga but all support/media.

And I want my open world Nausicaa (Miyazaki) with the botw template. Let me ride an omu.

Last edited:

Mosaica

May 22, 2019
Several games I'd buy at full price have already been mentioned in this thread, but my own thoughts on them:

-A My Hero Academia Action RPG with a Persona Calendar system, balancing schoolwork and Missions.
It'd be cool to just play through the main story, but I think I'd prefer a story with an original character sharing the setting. It'd be great to implement a morality system (Hero/Vigilante/Villain choices and such). Something to give the team as much creative freedom as possible.

-A Made in Abyss Survival RPG is practically already drafted. The game just needs to be made.

-A Chainsaw Man game by Suda51 is just a match made in heaven.

-A Delicious in Dungeon Dungeon Crawler with survival and cooking elements sounds utterly amazing. Anything involving that IP sounds great.
The trailer Studio Trigger created for volume 9's Japanese release has already told me that I want a full anime.

The wait between volumes is literal torture.

-As for my own suggestion, I feel like an RPG featuring Drifting Dragons would be interesting. Piloting an airship, hunting dragons, more cooking...
I think I have a thing for fantasy cooking.
If anyone has any suggestions for fantasy cooking anime, hit me up.

[EDIT]: ANOTHER GOOD ONE!
And I want my open world Nausicaa (Miyazaki) with the botw template. Let me ride an omu.
Exploring the Toxic Jungle would be a dream.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
i used to think a vision of escaflowne RPG would've been cool, or ZOE2 type marcross plus

now i just want hajime no ippo to come back to gaming, it's been ages and the world needs more victorious boxers

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Urgh, well done, now I REALLY WANT THIS.

a91.png

Frog suits included!

jmsebastian

Nov 14, 2019
Vampire Hunter D made by FromSoftware.
In case you weren't previously aware, there actually is a Vampire Hunter D game for the PlayStation. It's not amazing, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Given the technology at the time, I thought it was about as good an adaptation as one could expect. That said, I would absolutely love a new Vampire Hunter D game. I'd prefer to let From Software continue making their own games rather than adapting other properties, but an action game in a similar style would be a real treat.

As far as a manga adaptation I'd be interested in seeing, maybe a semi open world/stealth Lady Snowblood game. Something where you track down your targets through espionage, infiltrate their inner circle, gain their trust, then figure out how to carry out your revenge.

I also want a Sailor Moon action game somewhere along the lines of the Transformers game by Platinum.

desmondcs

Banned
May 9, 2018
Michigan
Mushishi game that plays like Hotel Dusk or Jake Hunter
Samurai Pizza Cats (Kyatto Ninden Teyandee) or Ronin Warriors (Yoroiden Samurai Troopers) game that plays like a hack & slash, character action game

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
One of these was done already but for fighting games I would say Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and Avatar/Korra

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I have nothing to add other than that I thought it was hilarious my first two choices were the OP and first post respectively.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Hi. I bet you can guess which anime I want to talk about today.

Let's imagine a AAA Naruto game with all of the original Shippuden OST in the game. Now, let's picture it goes up to episode 175 in shippuden, with occasional flashbacks to the original series that you can play (those can be cut if money is tight). The first trailer has RTX and all the original voice actors including Troy Baker, Yuri Lowenthal, Maile, David Lodges, etc. The action is essentially assassin's creed or batman in nature. You get some special moves, but it's very dodge, attack, counter, parry based in nature. There are ways to do combos though too. At the end of fights, you do some QTEs, but only light QTEs similar to Spiderman, nothing as complex as ultimate ninja storm 3. I cannot stress enough how important it is to have the original OST. One person will be designated for that task. Everything will be a copy of the original series, but with new models and artwork. It will look realistic, similar to the style in Jump Force but better. It will look a little more Western in style but the outfits and basic template of the character won't change. Finally, you play as 3 of the Ninja heroes. They have 3 of the best arcs up until the end of 175. There will be a lot of cinematics. It's my dream game.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
*Monkey paw finger goes down* U can only play as Joey in his battle suit.
Lol.

But I'm thinking some kind of hype advanced stuff like you have the Duelist (in the background like Pokemon Trainer in Smash) using a main monster as there fighter, and then there's a mix of cards they use as Strikers or something.

Like Yami Yugi fights with Dark Magician, but you can use a Summoned Skull lightning attack, block with Kuriboh + Multiply, crazy anime fighter shit like that.

I'd like to see all the series brought in but even just Gen 1 stuff would be cool.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Call me basic, but a stellar AAA My Hero Academia or One Piece game would be great.

I'm talking like, level of production and care and love that something like Red Dead Redemption 2 or other top tier open world game receives.

If we want to talk more attainable wishes, an ArcSys MHA or One Piece fighter in the vein of DBFighterz.

But I love open world games and I love MHA and OP so hey make one of those that isn't bad and I'll be there day one.

Vert1

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
I've been thinking about that for a LONG time, while i was reading Blame! . . . . I can't stop think that would be awesome to walk through that structure without actually know what would you have to deal in the next corner, since the enemies on the manga are quite powerfull and with amazing designs. The manga is majestic to the archtecture stand point, everything fells huge and crisp, some pages make you feel so small and insignificant, that feeling would be great while exploring.
Blame! as a videogame has been on mind for awhile now as well. You mention "the next corner", which is something I think a fixed camera system or the camera system seen in Metroid: Other M would work best for. Additionally, those type of camera systems would naturally show off the immensity of the environments by letting the camera regularly point upwards without user input.

I've also thought due to how abruptly quick characters can get surprise attacked/struck down in the Blame! universe, you'd need a SenseMove dodge input system ala directional-input to match that instantaneous action. After you initiate that, which we can call a "super dodge", you have to rest your character before being able to perform it again.

Would you have the Blame! (videogame) be in black and white?

Yes with you OP, Blame as sf dungeon rpg. Lot of potential for environmental storytelling.
Like Etrian Odyssey, perhaps? F. O. E. !!

Last edited:

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
In case you weren't previously aware, there actually is a Vampire Hunter D game for the PlayStation.

I also want a Sailor Moon action game somewhere along the lines of the Transformers game by Platinum.
I'm aware, but never played it.

Sailor Moon by Platinum is an absolute dream game! I can't remember the details, but I feel like there was a rumor about this a long time ago that initially put the idea in my head.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
lxsj7rf7gbl51.png

Lol I forgot to mention that Demon Slayer's setting would work so well if it were like Sekiro.

With Fromsoftware at the helm.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A Revue Starlight fighting game by Arc System Works, obviously.

Runner-up would be Gantz with a lot of the systems Escape From Tarkov uses, but add character permadeath.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just want an ArcSys or Capcom JJBA fighter. Take the same artstyle and animation from the anime and have the speed at very least be as quick as Heritage for the Future. And have the character roster go all the way to Jojolion. Maybe some tag team battles to swap with other players locally, or online.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
I've basically given up in getting a truly good anime game that isn't a 2D fighter. After playing countless of them over the years, they're just not great.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
At one point there was a(n official?) poll that asked if I wanted an ArcSys fighter with Bleach or Sailor Moon in the DBFZ style.

Yes. Yes, I want that.

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
The Read or Die Universe is perfectly set up for a game/series of games in a Metal Gear Solid mixed with Okami action style. The incredible music is already there, the protagonists are there, with mid and end bosses already realised. Shadowy organisations and characters with ulterior motives aplenty.

You have various missions with Yomiko; collecting books and doing tasks in the daytime to grow your Paper Using knowledge and learn more about the world around you. Nights you go on missions, after the mid-bosses, each with different skills and based on a historical figure requiring different paper usage. Further missions would require playing as Nancy, clipping through parts of the environment. I mean, it's all there already and would be incredible.

Imagine a game where you're crafting attacks and defence barriers from the ammo around you, with an incredible jazz soundtrack and characters with great personalities and motivations:

hQ_7Yy.gif
Fantastic pitch! Read or Die is such an underated series.

Oct 25, 2017
I think a new Full Metal Alchemist JRPG could be amazing

Also going to post the obvious picks: Jojo's by the Yakuza team and a My Hero Persona style game

iag

Oct 27, 2017
Tsubasa Chronicle JRPG. Go to different worlds collect feathers.

Would say a Bleach musou, but I don't like these kind of games.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
The Vision of Escaflowne as a classic Jrpg

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic as a classic Jrpg

Slayers as a more modern and actually good classic Jrpg

ArcSys Tower of God fighter

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Clannad alrrady exists on PS4/ Switch, so I can die happy..

Other than that,

Fairy Tail jrpg
Eureka 7 mecha action adventure
Yuna of the Dawn arpg or jrpg
World End jrpg

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Would say a Bleach musou, but I don't like these kind of games.

That actually exists already. Not, from KT, but same kind of gameplay.

That's already a thing too, not the greatest but could have potential if they decide to expand on it with a sequel.

Incidentally, my choices would be a Girls und Pazer and Danmachi game, both of which also exist already lol (though in the case of Danmachi, I'd like for it to not suck next time).

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
That actually exists already. Not, from KT, but same kind of gameplay.

That's already a thing too, not the greatest but could have potential if they decide to expand on it with a sequel.

Incidentally, my choices would be a Girls und Pazer and Danmachi game, both of which also exist already lol (though in the case of Danmachi, I'd like for it to not suck next time).

Wait, does it? The new one is a battle game like all the other anime adaptations, right?

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
I'd kill for a good turn-based strategy game set in the Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans universe - just ripoff HBS's Battletech game with some tweaks for good melee gameplay, set it 100 years in the past, and let me play as a merc outfit flying around and mulching people.

Hell, I'd be down for a good turn-based Gundam multiverse crossover RPG (meaning SRPG gameplay).

A GITS RPG a la Deus Ex Mankind Divided would be cool.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, does it? The new one is a battle game like all the other anime adaptations, right?

Nope, turn based RPG with a whole guild/quest system. It's definitely lacking a bit since they tried to cover several arcs from the main series when they had basically no budget to do it, so it's basically super abridged versions of the Grand Magic Games and Tartaros arcs (Tenrou Island and Avatar are technically there too but they take up like half an hour total in the game for both of them).

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Nope, turn based RPG with a whole guild/quest system. It's definitely lacking a bit since they tried to cover several arcs from the main series when they had basically no budget to do it, so it's basically super abridged versions of the Grand Magic Games and Tartaros arcs (Tenrou Island and Avatar are technically there too but they take up like half an hour total in the game for both of them).

Well, I'll be. I still haven't watched the 2014 season of thr finsl season yet, lol.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
BOTW clone set in the world of Kaoru Mori's A Bride's Story-
tumblr_n5027y1Gbi1tyhqkfo3_1280.jpg

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou as an extremely indie walking sim.
YKK-77-5-713x1024.jpg

Beaststars Otome game-
beastars-featured.jpg

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I'd love to see Cowboy Bebop made into a good game. Wouldn't even have to be licensed; just something that captures the same sort of cool bounty hunter vibes. Seedy on-foot exploration/investigation; free form traversal both on-foot and in your ship; intense dogfights; noir romance and awesome jazz/blues.

how would blade of the immortal be, would it a musu type?
Musou would not do Blade of te Immortal justice.
Imagine something like Sekiro's moment-to-moment combat, but for the "Deathblow" you can go into a Revengeance style chop-up mode, and instead of finishing by ripping out a cyborg spine, you do a final slice/pose with a stylish camera angle, like those amazing 2-fold spreads in the manga.

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
I've been thinking about that for a LONG time, while i was reading Blame! (i do recomend, it's amazing for fans of Gantz or Berserk) that it would fit so well in the Sekiro structure, more straight foward action with exploration and huge cyberpunk structures.
Hell yeah. Exactly what I've been shouting for years

It might not be exactly what I'm looking for but SIGNALIS is one of my most anticipated indie games... whenever it gets released

Aki

Mar 20, 2020
A One Piece game with the ship gameplay of AC: Black Flag and openness of Red dead 2... it could be perfection.

An action adventure Full Metal Alchemist would be amazing as well!

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
AAA budget Gunsmith Cats third person shooter.

Non canon MHA JRPG in the style of chrono trigger.

Princess Principal stealth action shooter with Gravity Rush mechanics.

REVUE STARLIGHT FIGHTING GAME PLEASE IT'S LITERALLY RIGHT THERE DO IT.

Wait one more. Comfy rogue-lite Girl's Last Tour shooter/survival