• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
This forum have been quite wierd lately with all this console war, so let's just try this.

I've been thinking about that for a LONG time, while i was reading Blame! (i do recomend, it's amazing for fans of Gantz or Berserk) that it would fit so well in the Sekiro structure, more straight foward action with exploration and huge cyberpunk structures. I can't stop think that would be awesome to walk through that structure without actually know what would you have to deal in the next corner, since the enemies on the manga are quite powerfull and with amazing designs. The manga is majestic to the archtecture stand point, everything fells huge and crisp, some pages make you feel so small and insignificant, that feeling would be great while exploring.

here some images for those not aware of the manga

blame_manga-1200x675.jpg

blame-architecure-05.jpg

intense-2.jpg

762ca06f78c81373b5c602323e0598d9.jpg

aa41ae958ee22989e62076a917d632a5.jpg

What about you Guys, what would be your suggestion? Let's just chat and unwind a bit. :)

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Guyver would make a crazy action game.

Also another excuse to play this damn cracker:

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
That already exists in the form of the Osomatsu-San Otome game they refuse to release outside of Japan.
Sad.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm making this post every week, but I want a Dragon Ball classic adventure game. Fuck Cell, Freeza and Vegeta, I want to fight the Red Ribbon Army.

OP
OP
Z-Brownie

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
Slam Dunk given the Captain Tsubasa treatment is the dream

I've been watching Haikyuu lately and i guess it can fit in too!

ArcSys Yu-Gi-Oh fighter.

ArcSys fighters can fit almost any battle shonen basically, i can see One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Demon Slayer, all the "big ones" working on that format.

I feel like I'm making this post every week, but I want a Dragon Ball classic adventure game. Fuck Cell, Freeza and Vegeta, I want to fight the Red Ribbon Army.

There is a GBA Dragon Ball Classic game that is AMAZING, really great platformer

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Lupin III game by IO Interactive.

It is like the Hitman games, but with heists instead of assassinations. Play as Lupin and use his disguises to blend in and find multiple creative ways to steal a heavily guarded prize. Use the accomplice system to employ unique skills of Jigen, Fujiko and Goemon to enact your plans.

Want more challenge? Zenigata enabled. The ever-vigilant Zenigata id on the case. He can see through your disguises much easier and will implement security measures that will keep you on your toes.

Lupin III by IO Interactive

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
A Gintama game by the Yakuza team

This combo would fit like a glove

Oct 25, 2017
Suda 51 once tweeted he bought a volume manga of Chinsawman and it makes me think he's gonna to making a video game of it someday in the future.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
933.png

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is a long-running and very popular supernatural action series that has recieved anime adaptations. It has also has games. Typically, fighting games.

Here's a thing though, no fighting game or a straightforward action game could ever capture the unorthodox dynamic of the confrontations seen in the source material. Stand battles are not your ordinary superpower brawls. A Stand encounter normally isn't a contest of who's punch ghost is more proficient in punching or who has more firepower. It is rarely comes down to pure combat. No, Stand encounters are way more cerebral and bizarre. They present scenarios where the protagonist of the story finds themselves in a situation where they are attacked by weird, hostile shit. They might not even know the nature of the enemy's power, the enemy might be hidden. The hero must figure out the nature of the enemy Stand along with it's limitations, how to outsmart his foe, use his own Stand power (which is normally more straigtforward than that of the enemy) and the environment to circumvent the enemy Stand and make the opponent vulnerable.

Scenarios like trying to deal with a homing enemy Stand that is nigh-invulnerable, but prioritizes targets by body heat or trying to get to the location of the enemy Stand user while evading the enemy Stand that can only go as fast as 60km/h making for a situation unlike that of the movie Speed or trying to beat an enemy Stand that will instakill if anyone sees your back.

These battles are essentially puzzles.

My ideal JoJo game would emulate the Stand battles in all their weird glory. To achieve this, it would have to be a boss-based action puzzle game with 3D action game controls. movement and open, exploitable environments, where every Stand encounter is basically, well, a puzzle!

In this game, every encounter would start with you being in a location, with werid hostile shit happening to you. You would start an encounter with only vague information about the nature of the enemy Stand. Much like the comic and the show, you would have to figure out the enemy's abilities and their rules and limitations. You would use environment, including the NPCs (as Jotaro showed us, sometimes the only way to defeat a liquid Stand that tracks you through vibrations in the middle of a desert is to throw a small dog really hard) to your advantage (level of interactivity would have to be pretty high. It would have to be one of those games with "systematic" game design). Finally you would have your Stand with an appropriately versitile Stand ability that could be used in a multitude of ways. You would have one or more dedicated inputs for using the power, but you would also have an input for punching (which you could mash for the iconic Stand flurries) that could also be used for affecting the environment, with the main purpose being to act as a finisher.

You would also have a button for posing at any moment.

I truly believe that such a game would be something amazing. A true GOTY material regardless of whether one cares about the comic or the show.
My JoJo idea from a long ago

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
The Read or Die Universe is perfectly set up for a game/series of games in a Metal Gear Solid mixed with Okami action style. The incredible music is already there, the protagonists are there, with mid and end bosses already realised. Shadowy organisations and characters with ulterior motives aplenty.

You have various missions with Yomiko; collecting books and doing tasks in the daytime to grow your Paper Using knowledge and learn more about the world around you. Nights you go on missions, after the mid-bosses, each with different skills and based on a historical figure requiring different paper usage. Further missions would require playing as Nancy, clipping through parts of the environment. I mean, it's all there already and would be incredible.

Imagine a game where you're crafting attacks and defence barriers from the ammo around you, with an incredible jazz soundtrack and characters with great personalities and motivations:

hQ_7Yy.gif

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ArcSys cross over fighter, with 3v3 and tags/assists, with characters from Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Dragon Ball, My Hero, Yu Yu Hakusho, HunterXHunter, etc

bigbusiness

Lead Editor @ The Punished Backlog
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
United States
An open-world One Piece RPG made by a team at Square Enix would be the dream.

Outside of that, would love a game set in one of Watanabe's world. A Bebop MMO? A Samurai Champloo action game? So much potential.

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
0be6778daeb6103fb62ccdf3e8ac7bf3b02de28d_hq.jpg

Delicious in Dungeon is a lot like existing dungeon crawlers, but I would love a run based game based around cooking and eating.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Jojo (especially Part 4) in the style of Persona

A Shonen Jump crossover done by Arc System Works, or Shonen Jump vs. Capcom

Dr. Stone in the style of Dragon Quest Builders, which seems PERFECT considering it's all about making stuff from scratch

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Berserk game made by Sony Santa Monica Studios. Make it an original story game like the one on the Dreamcast or heck I would take a retelling of it or some other chapter in the story.

It would play like GOW4 of course.

Black Lagoon GTA/Mercenaries like. You play as Revy or Dutch and you do jobs like the manga/anime. Play like Max Payne but you can get support from other characters like in Mercenaries to help you during combat. When you are not doing jobs you explore the city.

Obi

Oct 27, 2017
A BOFURI RPG where it's all about you making silly overpowered builds would be awesome. Heck make Maple and team the antagonists. And you have to be silly OP to beat them. I loved late game in older RPGs where you were super strong and stomped everything. I miss it these days with level scaling and such.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
PlaintiveSpicyBarnswallow-size_restricted.gif

Please Please I just want a ArcSys game of Demon Slayer.

Imagine all the breathing styles in their visuals.

Plus
you won't have multiple Gokus lol

Brah holy fuck I'm just imagining Rengoku's breathing style in their visuals right now. Them Supers would be ridiculous.

Wet Jimmy

Nov 11, 2017
I'd LOVE a Gatchaman game - maybe something in the style of Metal Gear Rising?

check this out;

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Ascendance of a Bookworm but in Recettear style. Capitalism Ho!

Zaimokuza

May 14, 2020
Where to start?

Despite the bad videogames that are out there Attack on Titan is just perfect for videogames and the genre shifts in the manga would work even better in videogame form. It would be a linear (with big, disconnected areas) big budget action game with some social elements (team affinity, network efficiency in the political fiction arc).

Medaka Box is another game that I feel would be really good as a linear action game, especially if given the ability to do a certain thing with your ability thanks to Ajimu Najimi.

Katanagatari would be a good boss rush game.

Psycho Pass would be an amazing L.A. Noire clone.

This is just what comes to my mind looking at my library, I'm certain there's things I'm forgetting.

Edit: some other things.

Cowboy Bebop could be an interesting space game with some management elements Ă  la FTL and some investigative/action sequences when in third person.

Hunter x Hunter is literally a videogame, I don't need to explain anything.

Konosuba, if well written, could be an extremely fun AA turn-based jrpg that makes fun of its tropes with typical Konosuba humor and a ridiculous plot-line. Same for Little Witch Academia, a wonderful anime that was simply killed by Netflix.

Lupin III is more of a Dishonored type of game than a Hitman one like a poster above said imho, swapping the Outsider's power with Lupin-like tricks.

Last edited:

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Gintama from the Yakuza Team.

Arslan Senki with Fire Emblem gameplay.

Ninja Slayer from Rocksteady like the Arkham games.

Nov 23, 2017
I'd like a modern Revolutionary Girl Utena MMO where I can live my own world's revolution at Ohtori Academy. I have the JP Sega Saturn game but it is so barebones. I need the world of that game and my ability to live in it.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
I would love an Attack on Titan game, and the story be a prequel of the anime. It would be more about exploration of the world, have a more horror approach. I think it has potential to be incredible.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
Also, Made in Abyss and Black Clover. I love their worlds, and I wish we could explore them at our own leisure. That's why I think they need to be prequels, to not be restricted by the original story.

edit: brain fart.

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
I think an Eyeshield 21 game that covered all the way up to the World Youth Cup that got the Captain Tsubasa treatment would be sick.

Oct 27, 2017
Just gimme a Hellsing third person action/shooter game. I wanna play as Alucard and/or Seras and murder the shit out of everything. And obviously the soundtrack needs tons of late 90s/early 00s nu metal and industrial metal.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
A liner open world Akira game that has the anime visuals but takes story beats from the manga.

Gantz like Persona game

ArcSys Baki Fighting game too