• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Alright fam, let's do this. JRPG characters are notorious for... fancy haircuts. Some of them are cool, while some of them are very much less cool. Let's discuss the latter category.

I submit to thee the worst fucking haircut in all of JRPGdom: Seymour from FFX

50-gagazetclimb_(51).jpg

You can't beat this. Just look at this dumb shit. The crazy thing is if you remove those... spike thingy shits from his head, Seymour would actually look good. The rest of his natural hair is pretty sexy. But man. They really had to crank that JRPG slider to the fucking max, huh.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Snow in XIII-2 had tragic hair:

"You may not pass, your hair is too crap!"

15814851038_2b48e35fd2_o.jpg

"Take me from this nightmare where I'm cursed with terrible hair!"

original.jpg

Here he just straight up admits to it:

file_2861_snow.jpg

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
They make DBZ games so I nominate Goku's hair. It's antidiluvian tufts defy reality as we know it.

aid9177327-v4-728px-Do-Goku-Hair-Step-1.jpg.webp

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I can't and won't 'mock' it, but in my opinion Kazuma Kaneko really stylish designing their hair styles.

My brother who isn't a video game player, the first time he saw him, he thinks it's cool hair.

images

images

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
My examples have already been posted. Most designs Nomura designed during the PS2 era sucks. Hair included.

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
OP already nailed. I like X - I'm playing through it for the first time now - but the character design is a series low for me. They're all distinct and have great silhouettes, but the details and some of the choices, just a mind-boggler.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Figured Seymour would be mentioned and rightfully so. Pretty sure I thought he was wearing some kind of crown when I played it.

Oct 26, 2017
Not JRPG, but Birdie (SF). As soon as you think about it for more than five seconds, it can never make sense.

Him and Seymour are the worst examples. Stylized hair can look any weird way, but it can't start growing from a random point outside the head.