• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So in a big Marvel mood and it got me thinking about what we could see if we ever got a MvC4. The Marvel universe is a very different place now even from when we had Infinite and of course Capcom has plenty of IP's. I think there's a lot to think about honestly. Between old favorites and new.

As far as I'm concerned the single most important character to add is Ms. Marvel.
latest

She's popular, has a cool power set, and is about to start showing up in the MCU, just makes sense to me.

On Capcom's end Nero is over due IMO.
latest

He's pretty much the deuteragonist of the series at this point and with DMCV's success I'd say he's pretty likely.

Others I'd like to see would be.

Marvel:
Scarlet Witch
Nightcrawler
Miles Morales

Capcom:
Asura
Lady Dimitrescu
Nina

Obviously this isn't a comprehensive list just some people I'd want to see. I can only imagine breaking down a full roster is a much more complicated process in trying to balance so many characters from either company, in trying to get both what's popular and obscure.

So what newcomers do you want to see in a MvC4? Who do you want brought back from previous games?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-K8ncfspOFo_copy-2.png

• CHARACTERS WHO WEREN'T IN UMvC3 OR MvCI
    • MARVEL
      1. Scarlet Witch
      2. Star-Lord*
      3. Loki
      4. Blade
      5. Shang-Chi
      6. Black Knight
      7. Rogue
      8. Miles Morales
      9. Ms. Marvel*
      10. Ironheart
      11. America Chavez
    • CAPCOM
      1. Nero
      2. Lady*
      3. Arisen
      4. Akira Kazama
      5. Mega Man (Classic)
      6. Rashid* or SFVI Newcomer
      7. Asura*
      8. Lady Dimitrescu
      9. Leon S. Kennedy
      10. Jill Valentine (RE3make)
      11. Pragmata Duo
      12. Rouge (Power Stone)
* = Rumored to have been planned for MvCI Season 2

For reference....
  • 30% or 31.667% of the roster would be comprised of women.
    • The latter is if the SFVI newbie is a woman, which would be the ideal scenario.
  • Given that Star-Lord, Ms. Marvel, Asura, Rashid, & Lady were supposedly planned for MvCI & likely had some work done on them, 19 characters would need to be made from scratch (18 of the new SF character is Rashid).
  • Since Marvel tends to pick their side of the roster even before the Fox ban (this is especially true for UMvC3's newbies), I'm only really expecting the core essentials for the mutants (plus Rogue given rumors of her getting a Disney+ show in the MCU).
    • As such, I don't expect characters that Capcom had to beg for in the past (namely Sentinel & Shuma-Gorath) to return.
  • Rouge (Power Stone) would need her install form to be redesigned.
  • Daredevil & Moon Knight would be in the first wave of DLC alongside Invisible Woman & Betsy (either as Psylocke or Captain Britain).

Last edited:

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the roster for Infinite was a step in the right direction, but my biggest wish is for my MvC2 main Servbot to come back!

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Wanna see Asura, Lady Dimitrescu, and Bass.EXE for Capcom
latest

Ms. Marvel and Miles feel like shoein if it ever happens. Silver Surfer would be my more odd pick.
tumblr_ompoqbjPn41relg8bo1_500.gif

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they should rebuild the library of characters a little at a time again. Start with CotA 2.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Black Panther done justice. He's one of the most dynamic fighters in marvel

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Need to be on this:
Gwenpool
Captain Marvel
Monica Rambeau
Scarlet Witch
Squirrel Girl
Kid Kaiju
Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur

Oh, and this one:
hero_elsa-bloodstone@mobile.min.png

Capcom:
Lynne
Phoenix Wright

And Rekka would be nice!

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Which is why I say fuck dealing with Marvel, now that Ono is out of the way it's time to make the 3v3 fighter using solely the depth of Capcom franchises.

Without the X-Men, Marvel vs Capcom is dead.

I mean

Marvel now has the movie rights to X-Men (and Fantastic Four)

Which means they're joining the MCU

Thus meaning they're no longer blacklisted from Marvel games/media (they literally just appeared in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3) :V

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The roster will be the characters that are or will be coming to the MCU.

You mean we're gonna get Moonknight?

Blade?

Eternals?

Deadpool?

Maybe Okoye and Shuri?

X-Men and Fantastic Four?

Sounds great, sign me up.

Ultimate Alliance 3's roster was great. Just give me that for a fighting game.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
It better have Psylocke and Gambit. Aside from that, do whatever, just add more non-shoto Street Fighter, Darkstalkers and X-Men.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
I mean, yeah. MUA3 had a great rosters and I loved the game. But there's no need for speculation, just look at what MCU is doing, and those are basically a shoe in for the next Marvel games.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Which is why I say fuck dealing with Marvel, now that Ono is out of the way it's time to make the 3v3 fighter using solely the depth of Capcom franchises.

Without the X-Men, Marvel vs Capcom is dead.
You realize the Fox ban is over right?
marvel-ultimate-alliance-3-the-black-order-switch-hero.jpg

And no there's more to Marvel then just the X-Men.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
It's honestly kinda bizarre that Daredevil hasn't been in any of these games considering how popular he is.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ms. Marvel, God Doom, Gwenpool, Magik, Mr. Sinister, Miles Morales as Spider-Man

Jack Baker, G, Asura, Lady D, and Rashid

Those are the newcomers I want, I'd still rather just have Capcom do a solo effort or go with Sega

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It's honestly kinda bizarre that Daredevil hasn't been in any of these games considering how popular he is.
I had Daredevil in a number of drafts for my roster, but then I realized that he could be easy DLC. Same for Moon Knight (the one I had the toughest time debating since he's getting a Disney+ show), as I feel like they'd want to go for Venom since they did most of the work in MvCI already.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Give me the Smith Syndicate with Garcian calling in different personas for different moves.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ms. Marvel, God Doom, Gwenpool, Magik, Mr. Sinister, Miles Morales as Spider-Man

Jack Baker, G, Asura, Lady D, and Rashid

Those are the newcomers I want, I'd still rather just have Capcom do a solo effort or go with Sega
I would love Sega vs Capcom too and there's even precedent with Project X Zone. I've just been in a Marvel mood lately.

Oct 26, 2017
I just want the roster to not be MCU-ified. That's what happened to Marvel Infinite's roster, in more ways than just the roster itself.

If we get a roster of characters like there were in Marvel 3, I'd be happy. Give us some out of left field choices, like Rocket Raccoon, X-23 and MODOK were at the time.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
X-Men front and center.
If Capcom's given absolute freedom to choose the characters, definitely (see MUA3, which has quite a few mutants with a roster Team Ninja got to pick). But if Marvel makes the picks again like they did for UMvC3's additions & MvCI, I'd imagine that it'll probably be 4 or 5 mutants at launch (the core essentials plus one or two mutants who are also in the MCU pipeline).

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I just want the roster to not be MCU-ified. That's what happened to Marvel Infinite's roster, in more ways than just the roster itself.

If we get a roster of characters like there were in Marvel 3, I'd be happy. Give us some out of left field choices, like Rocket Raccoon and MODOK were at the time.
The problem is that MvCI was a victim of the Fox ban, which is no longer an issue. That plus the MCU encompasses the majority of Marvel at this point (or at least the parts most give a fuck about), which will soon include the X-Men & Fantastic Four.

And while Rocket may have seemed like a left-field pick at the time, he was clearly added to get the Guardians of the Galaxy into the mind of players ahead of the movie.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If Capcom's given absolute freedom to choose the characters, definitely (see MUA3, which has quite a few mutants with a roster Team Ninja got to pick). But if Marvel makes the picks again like they did for UMvC3's additions & MvCI, I'd imagine that it'll probably be 4 or 5 mutants at launch (the core essentials plus one or two mutants who are also in the MCU pipeline).

If Capcom gets permission to use the X-Men (and there is every condition that they will), I think they will absolutely put the X-Men front and center. The lack of X-Men is seen as one of the main reasons MvC:I performed as it did, and they're going to want to correct that.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If Capcom gets permission to use the X-Men (and there is every condition that they will), I think they will absolutely put the X-Men front and center. The lack of X-Men is seen as one of the main reasons MvC:I performed as it did, and they're going to want to correct that.
I'm talking about the number of mutants on the roster, hence the distinction. Capcom making the picks like Team Ninja did for MUA3 would go similarly (6 or so mutants at launch, with more coming later), but Marvel picking the characters as they did in UMvC3 & MvCI would likely limit things to the essentials & whoever is coming to the MCU in the near future.

This isn't the 90's anymore. Even if Capcom is given complete freedom to pick, I doubt they'd dominate the roster as they once did. There are too many other popular characters as well as up-&-comers to consider outside of the X-Men.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
5 from each game, + 5 new comers, per side.

MvC1

Wolverine
Spider-Man
Venom
Captain America
Hulk

Ryu
Chun Li
Strider
Morrigan
Mega Man

MvC2

Iron Man
Magneto
Storm
Juggernaut
Thanos

Jill Valentine
Roll
Captain Commando
Felicia
Tron Bonne

MvC3

Thor
She Hulk
Deadpool
Dr Strange
Rocket Raccoon

Amaterasu
Dante
Sir Arthur
Hsien Ko
Bionic Commando

MvC3 Ultimate (+3)

Sentinel
Dr. Doom
Jean Grey

Pheonix Wright
Sir Arthur
Frank West
Vergil (+1)

MvC Infinite

Captain Marvel
Black Widow
Dormammu
Black Panther
Ghost Rider

Zero
Monster Hunter
Sigma
Jedah
(-1)

New

Scarlet Witch
Blade
Crystal
Ms. Marvel
Loki

Nero
Lady Dimitrescu
Leon Kennedy
Juri Han
Nicolas Cage from Lost Planet 3

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
And while Rocket may have seemed like a left-field pick at the time, he was clearly added to get the Guardians of the Galaxy into the mind of players ahead of the movie.

You're probably right, but I see the Rocket Raccoon in Marvel 3 and I hear the cockney accent, hear the interactions he had with the Capcom side("That was for Raccoon City, you wanker!"), and see the goofy moves like the spring trap super.

Then comes Marvel Infinite Rocket Raccoon and he's doing the Bradley Cooper impression, has less of the goofy moves and spouts lines verbatim from the movies("Ain't nothin' like me, 'cept me!").

When I say I want the roster to not be "MCU-ified", I want the Marvel 3 Rocket, and not the Marvel Infinite Rocket. I doubt that'll happen, but I can dream.