• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dd492941

Oct 28, 2017
With the ps5 recently announced I'd love to see what some of these radical designs for special editions could look like. I am not well versed in photoshop to create my own, but I'd love to see some others' ideas. Maybe Sony might see them and get some good ideas? I'm personally excited about the new console and the futuristic look it has. Also with this as my first thread I am excited to see what people come up with.

OP
OP
dd492941

dd492941

Oct 28, 2017
I saw some mockups on ign earlier but cant find the images now. I thought they looked cool. Spiderman specifically looked cool I thought.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This window on the side of the digital one. Easy special edition for the launch of Silent Hill 5.
I guess they could also do some big body horror or sexual energy stuff with the front facing spine of the PS5 too.

silent-hill-2-was-the-game-that-made-me-hate-myself-826-body-image-1426667824.png

Last edited:

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
ac-comp-PS5.jpg

ugly thicc but at least it's not as bad as what we got lol
Edit: I'm aware now that you meant one that has the same concept as the one revealed

OP
OP
dd492941

dd492941

Oct 28, 2017
ac-comp-PS5.jpg

ugly thicc but at least it's not as bad as what we got lol
Edit: I'm aware now that you meant one that has the same concept as the one revealed
Haha yea, I mean sure, I guess you could continue mocking up original ideas, but I was thinking more like special editions of the currently shown console, like a translucent body wrap to see the innards, or like a blue wrap with white center design instead of thee white wrapping the black.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Retro-Compatibility Special Maxi-Editions:
A PS5 that looks like a PS1, another that looks like a PS2, one for PS3, etc.; they all have backward compatibility.
But all are chunkier than the originals :v

s-l300.jpg

Contranova

Oct 26, 2017
NYC
Posted this on the other thread but, I want people to go crazy on the face plate designs if they're removable.
Calling this the Rinoa Heartilly special edition for the FF8 remake lol.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-15-at-6-51-34-PM.png

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Mods should delete the posts about alternate designs! The design is set! Deal with it!
I like this thread idea, and hopefully we get to see many designs like how there were for the DualSense when it was announced.

One thing I think Sony will never do this gen (maybe 1 or 2 exceptions) is to NOT have the dual-tone. I think every special edition will have two colors. Whatever they are.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Mods should delete the posts about alternate designs! The design is set! Deal with it!
I like this thread idea, and hopefully we get to see many designs like how there were for the DualSense when it was announced.

One thing I think Sony will never do this gen (maybe 1 or 2 exceptions) is to NOT have the dual-tone. I think every special edition will have two colors. Whatever they are.

The Special editions will prob wouldn't be two toned. Making them special lol.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I would definitely be down with some kind of PS2 styled edition of the PS5 since the PS4 got one for the PS1, although the PS2's 20th anniversary will be around the time that the PS5 is launching, so the timing isn't as right.

OP
OP
dd492941

dd492941

Oct 28, 2017
I like what we got and haven't seen anything proposed that's better yet. I had a white Destiny PS4 for a while and loved it so the color is fine.
I love the design. I'm not debating that. Really I just want to see people posting ideas for special editions of the new console. I think the console lends it self to very cool color redesigns or artistic redesigns.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
It was so smart designing the PS5 the way it is and being bold with its contrast. Gets people talking and sharing it and when they offer a Black/Gray one its going to be THAT much more appealing.

I feel like the Series X talk was limited when it related to the console itself.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
giphy.gif

Y'all out here posting those hideous Spider-Man and Cyberpunk consoles acting as if those aren't ugly as hell. Warped binder ass looking console lol

At least the matte black one makes it look less tacky. The two tone white on black makes it look like something that came from Alienware.