• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which mode do you prefer?

• I am a sick fuck who use light theme,i am ashamed of myself and i have allegedly owned a Vita

Votes: 511 18.2%
  • I am a proper Dark mode member

Votes: 2,289 81.7%

• Total voters

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Where's the poll option for not being aware that there were light/dark mode settings so I've been using light mode this whole time?

Also nothing wrong with owning a Vita, stfu

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The Vita's default colour is black though, they never made a "light mode" white one. Unless I'm misremembering.

Anyway, I use dark mode for everything.
Also I own a Vita, but I'm too sad to turn it back on after hearing that Sony deletes cloud saves. My Plus lapsed years ago.

Oct 27, 2017
To think that we have those masochists representing in the triple digits. Sorry not sorry but I prefer not to feel my retinas burn away in real time.

Engell

Oct 28, 2017
When i accidentally open era in an incognito fan i always think there is something horribly wrong with my computer, why isn't dark default?? it is clearly the norm.

...It is also the right choice

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
  • I used light mode until a few months ago when I set it to dark by accident but then just left it and eventually got used to it and could never go back now.
    There was most definitely an adjustment period for me coming off years of light mode. I'd recommend just trying it for a month. If you're not satisfied go back, but, as a "I'll never go to dark mode" critic that now says "I'll never go to light mode", just give it a try.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
Dark mode all the things. Though admittedly I only really jumped on board when I realized it was more energy efficient, less for the aesthetics and marginal decrease in eye strain.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
Where's the option for both? Light during the day, dark during the evening.

OP
OP
greengr

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Wikipedia not having a dark mode in desktop is always blowing my mind,they have it on Android for fucks sake. Also Vox Media get your shit together.How hard is to implement a dark mode?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I use dark theme, and my vita looks like this:
gundam_breaker_01_psvita_2_dc.jpg

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i was all-dark-all-the-time for a while but i realized my eyes were starting to hurt, like i was squinting a lot for some reason, so i switched back to light and don't have any issues anymore. just wish resetera was smart enough to switch day/night like some of my other apps

nny

Oct 25, 2017
I will not stand for that cheap dig at the Vita and will change to light mode as protest.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Guess peeps see different thing in different ways cause Dark Modes blinding to me an thats why I use Light all the way.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I'm confused. I am a sick fuck that's ashamed of himself and owns a Vita, but also use Dark Theme. What should I vote? :/

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
Vita is still one of my most cherished gaming devices. It's a damn shame it did not receive more support.

I stan for Vita.

But dark mode 100%.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dark mode sometimes, but light when I'm at work because dark mode is too conspicuous when I'm in the office.

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
I owned a Vita and liked it.

Light > Dark. I'm not ashamed at all because I have no idea how anyone can look at Dark Mode for extended periods without their eyes hurting (and I wouldn't change anyone because i don't really give a shit since what's default works for me).

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've used Dark Mode on everything that offers an option the moment the option is offered. I am rethinking this now though I'd rather not be part of some aggressive nerd subgroup of dark theme people thinking it's the only way.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Dark mode is the future. I hate how it's tied temporarily tied to some sites and not an account fixed setting.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Why the need for those options and title? Come on.
Dark mode and proudly owned a Vita too so fuck off, won't vote.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I have trouble reading white text on a black background. The letters sort of jumble together in front of my eyes like the way dyslexic people describe.