• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you play it?

• Yes

Votes: 86 35.5%
  • No

Votes: 61 25.2%
  • Only if they do a Space Jam segment with cameos by Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley

Votes: 95 39.3%

• Total voters

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Let's be clear that this will likely never happen. But after talking it over with friends and imagining the scenarios this would present, damn would it be awesome if it could. Let's say that Atlus and Warner Brothers, seeing the success of Kingdom Hearts, decide to shamelessly take the concept and make their own version. Atlus would create an original protagonist, supporting characters, and several original settings, with strong and influence from and references to the Persona and SMT series. But then the Looney Tunes start showing up.

Personally, I'd love to see a more subversive and slapstick take on the JRPG genre. I'm imagining situations where the JRPG protagonist is lost and confused in some kind of nightmare realm, only to hear the sound of Bugs Bunny munching on a carrot and looking at a map as he explains he should have taken a left turn at Albuquerque. Or a demonic entity about to sunder the Earth itself, only for something to go awry, which prompts Marvin the Martian to jump up from behind the demon and say "Where's the kaboom?!? There was supposed to be an Earth-Shattering Kaboom!"

maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe you get your own party members, with Daffy Duck and Porky Pig taking the reigns of side kicks, while you explore classic situations, from the Wagner inspired "What's Opera Doc?" to the shenanigans of Duck Dodgers in the 24 and 1/2th Century. And as Warner Bros. owns many other properties, from the closely associated like Animaniacs and Tiny Toons, to things like DC comics, there is plenty of room to draw material from.

Also, I would love it if they somehow kept a hand drawn artystyle similar to Cuphead for all the animated Characters to evoke a Who Framed Roger Rabbit or Space Jam feel. I realize this would be crazy difficult to do in a 3D game, (though the game doesn't necessarily have to have the same style combat or presentation as Kingdom Hearts) but it would be crazy stylish.

Anyway, would you be interested in a game like this if it were to exist? How would you cross over Looney Tunes or other Warner properties with Atlus?

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
I enjoy Atlus' games. I enjoy Looney Tunes. I could get into it.
It doesn't need to be stated, but I imagine it being more slapstick would obviously hurt it from accomplishing what Kingdom Hearts does so well. It's heart and emotion and how the audience connects with the characters. After all, it was the crossover of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts that hooked us all in that first commercial trailer with "Simple & Clean," but the reason the fans have stayed is because the games are so much more than that.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'm in for Animaniacs on the Warner Bros Studios lot.

Yosemite Sam and the Tasmanian Devil.

Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote.

Probably use Harry Potter as the weird live-action stand out that doesn't fit the rest of the properties, right?

The interesting thing here to me isn't the properties themselves, but how you'd conceptualize the original characters. Warner Bros cartoons have a different flare and personality than Disney ones. They're self-aware, edgier, and more violent. So we wouldn't have a character like Sora and themes like friendship as the backbone. I feel like it would be more tongue-in-cheek.

The protagonists would be named, like, Checkers and Bonbon. Checkers is a boy in a cowboy costume and Bonbon is like an amateur mechanic girl. The plot revolves around the Warner Bros worlds being fractured after union-busting measures left all the cartoons and WB characters disenfranchised. There is deep distrust between characters and "worlds" and that lack of confidence and the eagerness to lay blame creates conflict. But Checkers and Bonbon, grandchildren of the Warner Bros studio head, are determined to bring the characters back together to make Warner Bros Animation profitable again so that their grandfather will buy them a speedboat.

Welcome to the world of Fractured Lots.

DanSensei

Nov 15, 2017
Shin Megami Tensei with Looney Tunes characters sounds bizarre and insane enough to be AMAZING.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
What if Super Robot Wars but Godzilla, Kong, Mothra, Gamera, Ultraman, and all the other Kaiju properties.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Why are you asking how it would work if being based on looney tunes would change anything to kingdom hearts besides the model of King Mickey's ears

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't go in the way you would expect.

As in, expect anime-versions of Scooby Doo characters as party members or some shit like that. All the cartoon characters would be stylized into SMT demons.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Imagine your MC + Daffy and Porky going to Batman 89's world to fight Bruce Wayne's persona-like shadow + the Joker while summoning Gandalf during the battle.

Sounds ok I guess

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
How bout instead of being a kingdom hearts clone, it does it's own thing?
Like just a simple WB crossover? Bugs and Daffy are the main characters, visiting various WB worlds, Like Batman, Scooby-Doo and Harry Potter.
Make it a collectathon platformer like Banjo Kazooie.
Damn, now I'm sad we'll never get this.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I'm in for Animaniacs on the Warner Bros Studios lot.

Yosemite Sam and the Tasmanian Devil.

Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote.

Probably use Harry Potter as the weird live-action stand out that doesn't fit the rest of the properties, right?

The interesting thing here to me isn't the properties themselves, but how you'd conceptualize the original characters. Warner Bros cartoons have a different flare and personality than Disney ones. They're self-aware, edgier, and more violent. So we wouldn't have a character like Sora and themes like friendship as the backbone. I feel like it would be more tongue-in-cheek.

The protagonists would be named, like, Checkers and Bonbon. Checkers is a boy in a cowboy costume and Bonbon is like an amateur mechanic girl. The plot revolves around the Warner Bros worlds being fractured after union-busting measures left all the cartoons and WB characters disenfranchised. There is deep distrust between characters and "worlds" and that lack of confidence and the eagerness to lay blame creates conflict. But Checkers and Bonbon, grandchildren of the Warner Bros studio head, are determined to bring the characters back together to make Warner Bros Animation profitable again so that their grandfather will buy them a speedboat.

Welcome to the world of Fractured Lots.

Someone needs to fund this shit.

I have 0 interest in any Atlas Franchise, so I'd prefer it to just be Warner Bros. and Looney Toon Characters.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Matt Groening universe crossed with Halo

A spartan teams up with Homer and Fry, to stop Mr Burns' legion of villians (Sideshow Bob, Scorpio, Mom, Head Nixon) but he's secretely being manipulated by an evil monstrous alien.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Please let this happen. Especially if it includes Hanna Barberra. Could you imagine a Scooby Doo, Flintstones, Jetsons? Secret Squirrel, Space Ghost, Falcon and Dynomutt?

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Do I get to choose whether Sora gets to be Team Dean, Team Jess, or Team Logan?

Hey, Gilmore Girls is a Warner Brothers IP

OP
OP
WestEgg

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Please let this happen. Especially if it includes Hanna Barberra. Could you imagine a Scooby Doo, Flintstones, Jetsons? Secret Squirrel, Space Ghost, Falcon and Dynomutt?
I actually hadn't realized that Hanna Barberra fell under the Warner Umbrella, but looks like they're all owned by AT&T. The more you know.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I never knew I wanted it.

The best part is because of how Warner Bros., and Warner Media (now) as a whole is, we also wouldn't be nearly held back by restrictions like Disney seemingly is for Kingdom Hearts in terms of Content. So we'd likely get some really insane shit from this, as a result.

So yes, I want this.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
I actually hadn't realized that Hanna Barberra fell under the Warner Umbrella, but looks like they're all owned by AT&T. The more you know.

Let's also add Thundaar to that... And Samurai Jack!

Honestly, a Hasbro / Atlus game would be even more amazing.

Transformers
G. I. Joe
Jem and the Holograms
Imhumanoids
ROM
M.A.S.K.
...ahem MY LITTLE PONY ahem...

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
We can bring back the Dodo!

Honestly, I think of this what-if scenario often--in regards to a huge Looney Tunes crossover starring the Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Freakazoid, Loonatics, Pinky and the Brain, and maybe some of the Hanna-Barbera properties. And the Atlus collab would be a great idea!

Edit: yooo we could include Osmosis Jones, the Iron Giant, and the Road Rovers!

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
You say that as if getting Kaneko to redesign Looney Tunes characters wouldn't be amazing.

Although I guess at this point it'd be Doi so... Less amazing.
Oh I would love that, I'm just saying it wouldn't be stylized Kingdom Hearts style where it's anime characters + Disney.

It would be all anime. Or maybe Atlus would throw in a twist and transform the Looney Tunes into anime characters and the anime characters into Looney Tunes or some shit.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Depends on the gameplay. Turn based? Nah I'm good. Action? I'll have to see how it plays.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
the only problem with this is that warner brothers is already game publisher so why would they work with Atlus (another games publisher)?

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
A Hello Nurse healing summon would be kinda cool. Maybe it can also attract male enemies and have them falling head over heels for them.

Oct 25, 2017
It's no stranger than the concept of kingdom hearts, and I imagine it would take itself a lot less seriously. So sure, why not?

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
How bout instead of being a kingdom hearts clone, it does it's own thing?
Like just a simple WB crossover? Bugs and Daffy are the main characters, visiting various WB worlds, Like Batman, Scooby-Doo and Harry Potter.
Make it a collectathon platformer like Banjo Kazooie.
Damn, now I'm sad we'll never get this.
You basically just described Lego Dimensions without the Lego. Which would be amazing.

legodimensionsbanner.jpg

OP
OP
WestEgg

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DUCK SEASON!!!
RABBIT SEASON!!!
DUCK SEASON!!!
JACK FROST SEASON!!!

be vewwwwwy vewwwy qwiet, I'm hunting WAJA NAGAS
Yeah, this is the kind of stuff I'm thinking. Where Kingdom Hearts tries to find synergy between Disney Properties and traditional JRPG storylines, I think this game would recognize the absurdity of the crossover and relish in it.

the only problem with this is that warner brothers is already game publisher so why would they work with Atlus (another games publisher)?
It could very easily be a partnership, as JRPG style games are outside of Warner's wheelhouse. Atlus developing it doesn't mean they would be the publisher, just as Nintendo publishes Square Enix titles pretty often.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Just adapt the Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle and give everyone final smash/limit break/whatever attacks.

Road Runner knocks Coyote into a giant ACME TNT Star and the game begins.