• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StormBrute

Oct 26, 2017
Lance Reddick as Professor X
lossy-page1-1280px-Lance_Reddick.tif.jpg

Jason Isaacs as Magneto

Chloe Grace Moretz as Rogue is something that's been sticking in my mind, since she is a southerner and I feel like could play the range between spunky and depressed very well.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Lance Riddick as Professor X is some of the best casting suggestions I've ever heard. I'll never look at Zavala the same way.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Lance Riddick as Xavier would make the underlying themes of X men even stronger

He also has a commanding presence as an actor.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I'm amazed at the lack of imagination from people just picking actors that have already been in superhero movies.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Today in "lets cast 1,80+ tall actors to play Hugh Jackman" and call it casting the shortest x-men not named puck
If Sarah Halley finds a great actor for Wolverine she's not going to turn him down because the dude's 5'11 lol. People holding out hope that they're just going to audition 5'3 actors.
tenor.gif

I'm amazed at the lack of imagination from people just picking actors that have already been in superhero movies.
But thats how we got Cap and Killmonger.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Wolverine and short aren't things most people associate with each other anymore.

And people associate Fantastic Four with shitty movies, Doom with histeric nerd, Cyclops to a dude who does nothing and Sentinels to barely moving statues.

And I hope MCU change EVERYTHING about that.

Being short is the WHOLE REASON the dude is called Wolverine for fuck's sake !

I always assumed Ackles was relatively short but maybe that's because he's always standing next to Jared Padalecki.

There is a reason dude is called Moose

Nov 27, 2017

She's definitely an up-and-comer. She kind of came into the spotlight as Hailee Steinfeld's best friend in Edge of Seventeen. Columbus was one of her first lead roles that got a lot of critical acclaim. Her character in Support the Girls shows she can do sassy and spunky, which would work for Rogue. Right now she's in Five Feet Apart, which is surprisingly decent for a hospital rom-com aimed at teens. Only thing is she might not be the choice if you're looking for the bombshell type physique, but I still think she'd be good.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
You realize Wolverine's height is something only people on the internet know/care about, right

Yes, like Groot, Rocket Racoon, the Watchers, Cosmo, EGO and Antman and Dr Strange weirdness. And Squirrel Girl.

And the MCU showed they care a lot about those too.
Ok maybe not that much about squirrel girl but I have faith

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Not that Marvel will necessarily aim to cast a shorter Wolverine but they're definitely not against casting shorter actors, with Tom Holland and RDJ at around 5'7.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
She's definitely an up-and-comer. She kind of came into the spotlight as Hailee Steinfeld's best friend in Edge of Seventeen. Columbus was one of her first lead roles that got a lot of critical acclaim. Her character in Support the Girls shows she can do sassy and spunky, which would work for Rogue. Right now she's in Five Feet Apart, which is surprisingly decent for a hospital rom-com aimed at teens. Only thing is she might not be the choice if you're looking for the bombshell type physique, but I still think she'd be good.

Having a bombshell physique isn't a deal breaker, they're more than capable of making her attractive which is all they need to do really. The photo upthread has a Rogue style aesthetic to it, so she has that going for her - the biggest deal breaker is the acting talent and if she's fine with that (which is an impressive resume from your description) she'll be fine in my eyes. Didn't realise she was in All the Girls, heard great things about that.

Nov 9, 2017
So the criteria for wolverine is someone short, stocky, popular and someone to potentially push for more diversity. It's a no brainer then.

Kevin Hart

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The whole reason he's called Wolverine is because he's short? I thought it was because he had claws.
Just cast Danny Devito then. Or Peter Dinklage.