• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 7, 2017
With the Disney/Fox merger now complete it's pretty much a guarantee that X Men is the next big team superhero movie for Marvel Studios after Avengers. While I am not good at imagining casting actors for particular roles (especially with a comic book franchise that has already had stellar actors such as Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, and obviously Hugh Jackman) any of you armchair casting directors can imagine the actors that will replace the old Fox X men and usher in the X men in the MCU?

I have a couple of ideas

-Professor X=Colin Firth
-Magneto=Christoph Waltz
-Cyclops=Gonna be bold and cast an African American maybe John David Washington
-Wolverine=the hardest to cast since Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is so iconic

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd go younger for all of them so they have time to grow over the 10+ years they'd be making movies.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Wolverine is the EASIEST to cast.
Just find someone small and hairy as fuck. Hugh Jackman is iconic but he looks NOTHING like the wolverine from the comics

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Quicksilver

giphy.gif

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
The majority of them should be young, relatively unknown actors.

Wolverine, Charles, and Magneto being the most obvious exceptions.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
majority young unknown, i want Yara Shahidi as Storm. Prof X should be a big actor

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Wolverine should be Antony Starr aka Lucas Hood from Banshee.
Though he probably would have fit better in with Marvel Netflix I'd don't know if he'd gel in the MCU.
latest

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
If Magneto gets a recast the new actor has a huge set of shoes to fill. Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender are two of the best in the business and portrayed Magneto brilliantly.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wolverine: Nic Cage with a bad beard and screaming angry
Professor X: Nic Cage with a bald head and talking very calm
Gambit: Nic Cage with a bad Cajun accent
Cyclops: Nic Cage with cool glasses telling people bad seeing puns
Storm: Nic Cage with a long white wig and skin tight outfit

And so on

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Definitely younger. I think the Xmen should be emerging instead of established

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Definitely need to be newcomers. Really nail the feeling of 'this is new and unknown'.
Also I'd imagine the X-Men will most likely star in 'X-Men' movies rather than solo films, so a large cast of newcomers with only 1-2 big names will work just fine.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I think Xavier, Magneto, Doom and Reed Richards need strong casting. Get me some legends for them.

I like Jeremy Irons for Magneto because he has the voice for it. Liam Neeson for Xavier. They'll probably want to go younger, though sooooooooooooo idk

The rest can be unknowns.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Henry Cavill for Wolverine

54dc0a56f3f69dab4af50f9d5e14a4a8.jpg

Man of Steel showed he can get in the physical shape for it, while Mission: Impossible proved he's great at the personality side.

Last edited:

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the vast majority will be relatively unknown or less known actors and actresses so they can lock them into long term multi movie deals for as little money as possible.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Young up and comers and me for Cyclops

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
The team should be young mostly unknowns. Playing 15-18 or 19. Professor X and Magneto should be known actors.

Mark Strong for Professor X

j5Va2w7.jpg

Viggo Mortensen for Magneto

AtW3Sgp.jpg

And even though I think they should hold him for a sequel:

Jensen Ackles for Wolverine

SHnpw9n.jpg

Last edited:

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would y'all at least go young for all or most of them? It'd be more interesting that way instead of picking a bunch of 50 year old millionaires.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
1-ABA4328-BEF9-46-D3-AF55-152293-BBA884.jpg

Asa Butterfield as Cyclops (age 21)

3-F6-DE6-C8-3-F5-F-4-A41-A0-FA-E52-E505571-F4.jpg

Taron Egerton as Wolverine (age 29) - The guy from Kingsman

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Wolverine should be Antony Starr aka Lucas Hood from Banshee.
Though he probably would have fit better in with Marvel Netflix I'd don't know if he'd gel in the MCU.
latest
Henry Cavill for Wolverine

54dc0a56f3f69dab4af50f9d5e14a4a8.jpg

Man of Steel showed he can get in the power shape for it, while Mission: Impossible proved he's great at the personality side.
Jensen Ackles for Wolverine

SHnpw9n.jpg

Today in "lets cast 1,80+ tall actors to play Hugh Jackman" and call it casting the shortest x-men not named puck

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Has "Wolverine is supposed to be short" filtered down to gen pop awareness, or is that more of an us nerds thing