• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

YEAH!

• OH HELL YEAH!

Votes: 487 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 1,401 67.7%
  • I have no personality to express

Votes: 181 8.7%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Dest

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
No idea why, but I was suddenly reminded of this thread today; so I gotta support Dest to not let this idea die.
No personality to express but I support Dest so yes to sigs! I was on the GameTrailers forum and sigs were abundant and entertaining.
rock on

Why waste time on forum signatures, when you can totally add flare to your steam profile?

---------------------
E3A28FA03CF553EABC5106CEB06CB2A3C81C421B
that looks like a lot of work wew

NNADqeI.png

livin' it sick nasty since 1996! game on!!!

Jota typeZERO

Nov 3, 2017
Spain
In my opinion, forum signatures were the pinnacle of edginess, and thank time we got rid of those. I just prefer forum threads to be clean and practical. That's why user profiles exist, although (and even if) nobody uses or reads those at all.

I still have my reserves about user avatars, though. I prefer to recognize a user by its nickname, posts and threads.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
If the only real arguments against sigs is a stylistic one that they're tacky or edgy, then just enable them but allow people to turn the ability to see them off.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Hell NO.

I want the site to remain legible. I'd honestly prefer ads in the middle of threads over signatures.

Oct 27, 2017
The revolution has begun! Rise up signature users!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7V3G15U.jpg

๐ŸŽ€ ๐ผ๐“‰ โค๐“ƒ๐“๐“Ž ๐‘’๐“ƒ๐’น๐“ˆ ๐Ÿ’ฎ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’, ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“Ž๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“‰ ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“…๐“…๐‘’๐“ƒ๐“ˆ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ป๐Ÿฉ๐“‡๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“‰, ๐’พ๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐’ฟ๐“Š๐“ˆ๐“‰ ๐“…๐“‡โ€๐‘”๐“‡๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ. ๐ŸŽ€

SolmisateSol

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone here ever participate in the National Sig League forum where forum members competed head-to-head for who had the more creative or well-designed signature? Man, forum signatures single-handedly taught me how to use Photoshop

neurotic.png

fightclub4.png

beauty.png

gowpartial.png

alilandry.png
Sure. Bring it in, guys
CACE505-E-43-A9-4-F58-ABB3-960-DF7-CB5-F49.jpg

Oh fuck I'm so nostalgic right now. I participated in ONE sig contest and immediately got disqualified for including my name in the sig. I was like 13 and didn't read the rules.

AllenShrz

Nov 6, 2017
Why so many nos?

You guys are a bunch of joyless persons.

actually no, it kills data plans.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
**Im a GAMER
Not because I dont have a life...

snk-rock.gif

But because I choose to have many**

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
Oh god no.

---------------------------------
d42t698-73efd9a2-71e7-404c-82bf-caced5dc8e8f.png

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift."

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Time to flex my OSRS account

_________________________________________________________________________________

MegaManEXE-1-000000-FFA100-FFFFFF-000000-6-48-0.png

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
All these signatures you guys are posting are making me nostalgic as fuck. Early 2000s Internet was something else, man.

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden
Yes, Yes I do aim for body shots. Yes, I also use the Machina.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

tf2_sniper_forum_signature_by_brownmasterv_d2s6sar-fullview.png

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I'll just make up a ResetEra plugin that automatically adds a sig to every post I make and release it and release havoc amongst the boards.

Oct 27, 2017
It's fine as long as individual users have a "show signature : on/off" setting so they don't have to see them, purely optional.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Terrible idea. Some things should stay dead.

N0Vn6wu_d.jpg

wideface

โ–ฒ Legend โ–ฒ
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
Excellent idea. Forum signatures should have never died.

Bring back signature contests while you're at it.

d3jk9co-b8d45493-0ddb-4d48-a724-3366dd2fa749.jpg

iAQOka2.png

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is a fucking nightmare.

...it also might be the best one, I don't even know anymore.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I may or may not have spent a good amount of time making sick sigs in photoshop. Anyone remember C4Ds and planetrenders? Good times.

So yeah let's bring these bad boys back!

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
This thread is a fucking nightmare.

...it also might be the best one, I don't even know anymore.

James is TOTALLY the male lead of a harem anime.