• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

YEAH!

• OH HELL YEAH!

Votes: 487 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 1,401 67.7%
  • I have no personality to express

Votes: 181 8.7%

• Total voters

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I will agree to vote yes ONLY IF we must include our first username/email that we created. I want to feel better about the mistakes I made as a kid.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Let's make Signatures 21st Century and Twitter embed
————————————

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, why not?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9k2wipglswd.png

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you imagine Era with forum sigs

--

"Wherever you're going, you're there" - Mr Kirk, 9th grade science teacher

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had my last fm account in mine. Not too obtrusive and everyone gets to see my music taste if they want. An all round win

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Anyone here ever participate in the National Sig League forum where forum members competed head-to-head for who had the more creative or well-designed signature? Man, forum signatures single-handedly taught me how to use Photoshop

beauty.png
Yep! I remember those. I always hated the "distortion" that looked like JPEG artifacts, though. However, I remember the carried over "gritty" piss and poo filter of games past. Oh man, the days.

noobsig6pycopye8jfk.jpg

I remembered that I had a few on photobucket, which is complete garbage today. My style was a cacophony of waves and colors.

intensiqnkcb.png

lus2hqjmq.jpg

rinosd5ikw6.jpg

"Criterion Collection" inspired game cover circa 2008, GAF . . .

gafcollectionlbphatern1jvc.jpg

Stupid photobucket and its bad JPEG artifacts. :(

For real though. It would be cool to activate signatures for like a week.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, why bloat threads with unnecessary repeated chunk of text?

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
What if it was an opt-in system?

That way, us cool kids may enjoy it while everyone else remains safe?

d5roozn-f0b27aed-c74a-48f9-af6f-6adf85a3a5db.png

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I feel like people objecting to signatures are mostly doing so because they can't use photoshop for shit to begin with.
But then again, I remember Era is a male-dominated gaming forum in which people can easily feel trollish because so damn edgy roflmao, and they wouldn't use a feature such as signature in a genuine and nice way like most users on other forums I frequent do. This is why we can't have nice things, y'all just suck. We can't even have gif avatars because apparently people abused them, goddammit. This is ridiculous.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Done. But I also get to be 15 again

You are just a puppet……
You have no heart……and cannot
feel any pain……"
"How can there be any meaning in the
memory of such a being?"
"What I have shown you is reality.
What you remember,
that is the illusion.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
The day that happens is the day I stop coming to ResetEra. I already block people who manually put signatures on all their posts.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d5yz0v2-5208afdc-e9a1-4048-902d-5ab4719b561e.png

Its my way or the highway~~
Limp Bizkit

Congrats, this is the best post in the sense that it totally made me travel back to 2005

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Care to explain what does that signature mean? Please, I'm OOTL
I don't know the full story, but it was passed around the internet for a while and seems to be an, er, "ad" for someone's self-insert multi-franchise fan fiction, as seen here.

To me though, it's basically just emblematic of forum culture at the time. I was always on the internet and in the spriting community in the early 2000s and saw shit like this constantly.

OP
OP
Dest

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Keep fighting the good fight

NNADqeI.png

livin' it sick nasty since 1996! game on!!!​

Tremagus

Oct 25, 2017
El Paso
Anyone here ever participate in the National Sig League forum where forum members competed head-to-head for who had the more creative or well-designed signature? Man, forum signatures single-handedly taught me how to use Photoshop

neurotic.png

fightclub4.png

beauty.png

gowpartial.png

alilandry.png
Oh hell yeah, I remember making custom sigs for the various forums I was part of. Teams would form for groups and thinking about it now it's crazy to think that was like 13 years ago.

Figured I'd share a few I still saved on a Photobucket somewhere!

T4eF2Ho.jpg

FogFmnG.jpg

rO7fWek.jpg

FbYH4Go.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
No, why bloat threads with unnecessary repeated chunk of text?
What would be different?
Has this ever happened to you - you're searching for a particular phrase/quote, or trying to figure out how to get past a certain boss or something, and a bunch of the hits on google are someone's got-dang forum signature?
It's happened to me more times than I'd like to admit.

OP
OP
Dest

Dest

Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Has this ever happened to you - you're searching for a particular phrase/quote, or trying to figure out how to get past a certain boss or something, and a bunch of the hits on google are someone's got-dang forum signature?
It's happened to me more times than I'd like to admit.
never

NNADqeI.png

titania extreme guide ffxiv 2019 video​

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Hell no. It just shits up the thread and makes it hard to read. Let's keep it clean and simple and leave the gaudy yard trash for other boards. People will be clamoring for animated avatars next.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
No

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d5vhzjz-7a170c2b-3017-463a-8efa-f311b4fbe008.gif

OP
OP
Dest

Dest

Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Hell no. It just shits up the thread and makes it hard to read. Let's keep it clean and simple and leave the gaudy yard trash for other boards. People will be clamoring for animated avatars next.
i need 10 people with an animated nyan cat gif now. NOW!

NNADqeI.png

livin' it sick nasty since 1996! game on!!!​

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I have to thank forum signatures for introducing me to photoshop and putting me on my professional career path lol

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Originally voted no, but after reading this thread I think we should bring it back for like a week for the goofs.

Oct 25, 2017
Forum signatures are the lower back tribal tattoo of the internet
Everyone thought they were cool and unique for about 5 minutes and people quickly realized they're trashy clutter and a little embarrassing
I promise you that if this forum got signatures (it won't) I'd endeavor to have the most annoying one

You have an avatar and a cover image, work with it
OP asking for signatures and didn't even bother to set a cover image for his profile or his thread. Shameful.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Do you see my avatar? Do you see what it says!?
Yeah ignore it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
nothing-1.gif