• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area

Andre Black Nerd / Black Nerd Comedy is Geek Entertainment, Nerd Culture, and Nostalgia featuring Rants, Reviews, Reactions, Recommendations, and Retro 80s, 90s, and 2000s in the world of Pop Culture, Movies, TV, Cartoons, Gaming, Comics and More.

I don't watch his videos as often as I once did but when I do they're always enjoyable.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
Flossy Carter is the single best tech YouTube reviewer with none of the fake bullshit.

He's all been keeping it real and posted a video 3 years ago which he reshared this week on how young PoC should deal with cops.

That's a really good and enlightening video but extremely saddening that you have to go through all these precautions to make a cop feel safe and not paranoid. Still though, they might just shoot anyway. Shouldn't be like this, where black people are thinking 'I am going to die' when they are pulled over.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Those asking why I didn't mention Woolie- I love Woolie, he's my favorite of the SBFs but dude gets tons of love on this forum, like every single day. He deserves it, he's awesome but I was trying to boost two content creators that I've never seen mentioned here (Rob/ComicsExplained and Marcus/CosmonautVarietyHour).

All the love for Woolie though, he's the man and he has great taste.

I've only watched Cosmo's video essays, didn't catch anything that felt off but I may have missed it. He's usually pretty progressive and thoughtful about his language and views. As far as I know, his most controversial moment was trashing the show Star Wars Rebels haha- which I haven't seen so I have no dog in that fight. He also got massively dogpiled on for poking fun at the Raimi Spider-man trilogy.

DoubleToasted...yeah.

Two years ago they would have been in my OP no question. I really love those guys, I like that Korey Coleman is incredibly talented as both a host and an artist. I admire Martin, I think he is as funny as he is wise and I fucking miss Girts and Korey Goodwin.

That said, Coleman has had more than a few moments that made me almost unsub. He's a very old-school "no jokes are off limits" guy, has had some awful takes about feminism and has made the occasional rape joke. It's extremely rare but it's often enough that it impacted how I feel about their channel overall. Martin is old school too but he's way better about that stuff (usually) and the Girts/Korey Goodwin combo were really good about calling Coleman on his shit whenever he got a little too "edgelord".

I still like them and I really enjoy their reviews, I just can't always fuck with Coleman's humor.
Coleman is definitely most prone to fucking up, and he's infinitely better when Martin is there to keep him in check. I don't follow everything they do, mostly just movie shit. But there are definitely times there when he comes out with a bad take and it's like "why are you dying on this hill, exactly?" I don't blame you at all.

I think with Cosmonaut, the "politics-free review" of Captain Marvel was a real fucking eye-roller. Not the review itself, but like advertising your video with that label just attracts (or even suggests) a form of criticism that is just so fucking weak. Like, adversely he then puts out a video about the Watchmen HBO show that says "hey, this shit always had a critical anti-conservative stance even if you were too dumb to notice." But like... why then try to divorce conversation from Captain Marvel? I mean I know the answer - it's that Marvel is going to attract a far bigger audience and thus invites the crazies to target you int he comics if you suggest too much of a slant in the conversation. It just feels really inconsistent.

While not Youtube, I'll suggest the Slashfilmcast, featuring David Chang and Devindra Hardawar as two of its three hosts. Despite maybe the most cringeworthy intro song in my podcast rotation, they generally feature some fun conversation about movies and have a good rotation of guest critics.

Also Friends at the Table, a tabletop RPG podcast series by Austin Walker of Waypoint/Vice Games with an explicitly leftist pov, and highlights some fun additional voices as they try different games.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone recommend a channel with rpg walkthroughs with commentary?
Rabbit Plays, she mainly does Let's Plays of RPGs.

Lady Pelvic also has a good channel, mostly reviews.

Spawn On Me is a great gaming podcast.

JayShy, whose channel is called Shin Megami Talks, does a lot of collection/RPG videos.

Zaffre Revolution does a lot of RPG retrospectives

Blandrew doesn't post much content anymore but I liked his videos and his channel is worth checking out.

ShadowElite is a JRPG focused channel, the one negative is he is super into fanservice and kind of problematic that way. I avoid his content for that reason but if that's not an issue for you he's a popular black Youtuber.

Last edited:

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Ska Tune Network is the best shit out there. If you're even remotely into the sounds of ska, you gotta give him a subscription.

www.youtube.com

Ska Tune Network

Welcome to Skatune Network! This is a channel where I primarily make ska covers of songs, but I also basically do lots of other things within the ska/punk/em...

My favorite video is probably his cover of The Impression That I Get, but it changes genres every 15 seconds:

I just found this dude a few weeks ago and subbed because of his streetlight manifesto poster in the background. Has good taste and....ya he is talented, lol.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017

I don't watch his videos as often as I once did but when I do they're always enjoyable.
Was going through the thread wondering why my man Andre was being disrespected by not being listed lol.

For me I'll add FredGotGame, he technically has a YouTube channel, but he primarily streams on Twitch. I came across his Twitch channel when he was streaming Rage 2 and been a Follower since.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HustleBun

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Was going through the thread wondering why my man Andre was being disrespected by not being listed lol.
Haha I didn't because he's been on Twitter asking people to stop shouting him out because he's already insanely popular and doesn't need the attention.

He asked people to boost black content creators that actually need the love.

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Andrew Huang, "Songs to wear pants to"
www.youtube.com

ANDREW HUANG

I'm a partially deaf music producer working with lots of different genres and instruments. I also like making music with things that aren't instruments, like...

I remembered him from a challenge series on his web site making a song in iambic pentameter almost 20 years ago, has been keeping up with interesting videos on music theory and production since then.

Edit: not so much in need of a signal boost since he's already pretty popular, sorry

Last edited:

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
best Tax channel on youtube and the world.

www.youtube.com

Addressing Fake News From People Saying They Already Received Their Stimulus Checks

This is an update for the IRS Economic Stimulus Checks for Saturday April 11th. This is the latest update of IRS Economic Stimulus Check from the stimulus pa...

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Clearview motherfucking tax.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

----------------------
Here's a game critic.
www.youtube.com

Pelvic Gaming

Hi! I review video games, do silly Top 5's and other video game related derp-ness! :D LOVE ME.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
PelvicGaming
No clue why she made that her "thing" but she's cool and likes making vids about JRPGs.

Casually Comics
The best host from a comics content factory on YT I use to watch spun off and started her own thing.
Fun explorations into comic stuff.

Scutebrute

Oct 27, 2017
Prince Charming Dev is a super chill theme park vlogger I recently discovered. Worth checking out if you're into theme park videos. Enjoyed his coverage on the reopening of Universal in Florida.
www.youtube.com

Prince Charming Dev

Welcome to Prince Charming Dev, on this channel I bring you around Walt Disney World for all the best information and everything new that has to do with Disn...

Oct 25, 2017
Korey, Martin, Billy, Oz from Double Toasted. Love their movie reviews and their twitch stream has been growing real quick.

www.twitch.tv

DoubleToasted - Twitch

The official Twitch channel for Double Toasted.

www.youtube.com

Double Toasted

For movie reviews, funny trailer reactions of new movies and video game playthroughs, subscribe to this channel for comedy, viral news stories and more every...
Came to signal boost these guys. Been listening to them for 12 years (!!) since their Spill.com days. Korey and Martin's natural chemistry and rapport are a fucking treasure.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
love me some Smug

www.youtube.com

SMUG

Hey Guy's its me SMUG! I'm a Professional Street Fighter Gamer! Sponsored by Rise Nation! This is my Official Youtube Channel!

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking for recommendations of good DIY/woodworking/maker/artisan type channels.

Last edited:

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Laoshu505000

A face not too commonly seen in the FGC, but is all about linguistics and spreading the importance of being able to talk to people natively regardless of their race or creed. Really great stuff here.

www.youtube.com

laoshu505000

Laoshu505000's Channel Guidelines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThYzcWGNsag&feature=plcp

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
I do love me some LIV. I also really enjoy Struggle Nation reaction videos to both movie and video game trailers. I think M-Dogg's energy and attitude are a great cipher for the way hype threads here play out. They're so good.

Love the commentary from the TLOU2 reveal trailer:

and their reaction to the BP teaser trailer always has me dyin'

Yeah I really enjoy struggle nation and have been a patreon member for a good while now. Day 1 we there.

Deleted member 33319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Ska Tune Network is the best shit out there. If you're even remotely into the sounds of ska, you gotta give him a subscription.

www.youtube.com

Ska Tune Network

Welcome to Skatune Network! This is a channel where I primarily make ska covers of songs, but I also basically do lots of other things within the ska/punk/em...

My favorite video is probably his cover of The Impression That I Get, but it changes genres every 15 seconds:

Jer is a friend of mine, they use they/them.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
AngieSpeaks is good and a comrade, discusses leftism/Marxism and this is a good intro video of hers:

www.youtube.com

Black Radical Leftism vs Black Liberalism

Thanks for checking out my video ! Please consider supporting my channel by becoming a Patron at: https://www.patreon.com/angiespeaks. OR.... you can make a ...

For me I'll add FredGotGame, he technically has a YouTube channel, but he primarily streams on Twitch. I came across his Twitch channel when he was streaming Rage 2 and been a Follower since.

Haha I didn't because he's been on Twitter asking people to stop shouting him out because he's already insanely popular and doesn't need the attention.

He asked people to boost black content creators that actually need the love.

Yeah Andre is one of the most famous black nerd YouTubers probably, not really someone who needs the boost.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
FYI, as MKBHD has stated, make sure you actually want to engage with their content. If you randomly follow and don't watch their stuff you can bury their channels as their engagement levels will drop and will ruin the algorithm for them.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Love him, didn't know he was a big YouTuber tho! Any other recs?

edit: also would love any retro/history game channels : )

He's not very big, I think he just posts his streams and I think most viewers are his students

Sorry that's it I don't watch a lot of youtube...

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
www.youtube.com

ToonrificTariq

The mission is to make every black kid who grew up loving cartoons feel normal. By any means necessary. Except, you know, anything physical. I don’t really f...
Toonrific Tariq does American cartoon looks/reviews.
Came in here to recommend him as I got into him recently. Loved the Proud Family Episode.

His "How to Black" was actually the first one I watched and I highly recommend it.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I've been getting into college football film study a bit, and I came across an awesome channel called Top Billin'. Murf is super knowledgeable and just does an awesome job of making the film study exciting, especially if he's covering your team.

formatnone

Oct 31, 2017
Lithuania
FYI, as MKBHD has stated, make sure you actually want to engage with their content. If you randomly follow and don't watch their stuff you can bury their channels as their engagement levels will drop and will ruin the algorithm for them.
This!

also my recommendation if anyone is looking into getting a projector, i love this channel.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
This thread has made me realise that literally all of my favourite YouTubers are White. Even the ones that are about spreading Leftist and anti-racist ideas like NonCompete and Shaun.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Korey, Martin, Billy, Oz from Double Toasted. Love their movie reviews and their twitch stream has been growing real quick.

www.twitch.tv

DoubleToasted - Twitch

www.youtube.com

Double Toasted

For movie reviews, funny trailer reactions of new movies and video game playthroughs, subscribe to this channel for comedy, viral news stories and more every...

I love their channel even if Korey has made jokes about mental illness and such.
+1 for the Cosmonaut and WoolieVS channels

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Ska Tune Network is the best shit out there. If you're even remotely into the sounds of ska, you gotta give them a subscription.

www.youtube.com

Ska Tune Network

My favorite video is probably their cover of The Impression That I Get, but it changes genres every 15 seconds:

They did a cover of the song from the music video where Sarah makes the Ed boys shrink 🤯

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

www.twitch.tv

DoubleToasted - Twitch

www.youtube.com

Double Toasted

Beat me to it, Double Toasted is good quality stuff. I love it when they review movies, they make the experience so funny no matter the video.

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
I've been getting into college football film study a bit, and I came across an awesome channel called Top Billin'. Murf is super knowledgeable and just does an awesome job of making the film study exciting, especially if he's covering your team.

I could't finish one of his videos. It just came across very like alpha male toxic masculinity stuff. Then there was was a very borderline homophobic joke about strap on's and dudes being suspect and I noped out.

I found a lot of other great channels here though and thanks to everyone and I hope people continue to shed a light on great POC content creators.

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
RDCworld are great

m.youtube.com

RDCworld1

RDCworld1 is all about making our fans laugh. We provide entertainment through skits, vlogs, short films, and more. Therefore, if you come across this channe...

Last edited:

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
www.youtube.com

DIY Creators

Welcome to DIY Creators, I'm Glen I spend most of my time making fresh DIY videos. I am a father of one, and being dad is my biggest accomplishment. I like c...

I'm learning the piano and found this guy helpful because his videos are very much to-the-point, no time waste, really like reading a guide.
www.youtube.com

Piano Keyboard Guide

Piano lessons for beginners. Easy piano tutorials of popular songs. Covers. Learn how to play the piano. Learn all about the piano keyboard, notes, keys, sca...

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
For a bunch of pc builds usually with a focus on findnig good value on a low budget I recommend OzTalksHW.

He has a great speaking voice and can give you good tips on getting the most bang for buck.