• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Campaign was ok, but Kevin Spacey -yuck.
The multiplayer was atrocious.

It's forgotten for good reason.

Edit: oops I'm thinking of Advanced Warfare, my mistake!

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I really need to jump on this at some point. I played a lot of Zombies in IW, but barely touched the campaign or multiplayer. I keep hearing great things about the campaign.

I'll think you find BO3 is the most forgotten.
As it should be.

xii_7

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
It's the only CoD that I've ever finished. Looked fantastic, and was fun to play. I bought it new for $5 too. Such a bargain.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It's kind of ironic that the best CoD campaign is also one of the cheapest to get and there's even a version that includes CoD4 remastered, maybe the second best CoD campaign. The shooter gods blessed us

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Bought this to play the campaign after MW2019 and was extremely disappointed. The gunplay never felt impactful or fun. I also didn't like how I could barely see the enemy, or maybe I'm just blind

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah shame this seems pretty forgotten. One of the only modern CODs to succeed in grabbing me to beat its campaign. Thought it did some interesting things for sure and space was gorgeous to look at and cool.you could take on missions in any order AND side missions.
Didnt feel to get as much attention as it deserves.

Yzec

Dec 11, 2019
Belgium
Wan't the reason for all this game's hate the fact that everyone was looking up at Battlefield 1 doing boots on the ground and then seeing CoD doubling down on space and double jump wackiness ?

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
As already mentioned by others: great campaign and characters. Great design and levels. Good fun.

I've never bought cod (or others in its vein) for multiplayer so I'm probably not it's core audience

SliChillax

Oct 30, 2017
Tirana, Albania
It's one of those few games that has a believable sci fi setting that makes you appreciate all the details that went through the design process of everything from the environments to the vehicles and weapons. It is so well done and I hope we get a proper sequel to that campaign or at least a remaster in full HDR glory and better assets.

Oct 26, 2017
Woo. I am barely into Infinite Warfare, but I love how much control this game gives you. It doesn't feel the need to cram everything into a cutscene. Mission 2-3 when you hop into a Jackal on Earth and chase the baddies into space....I was giddy as fuck, especially seeing all the carriers around you launching into space. Then then ensuing space battle up there....

yes-awesome-oldschool.gif

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Loved the campaign (although I only watched it on youtube lol). The designs are on point, near futuristic but not too scifi. All the launches and dropship scenes look gorgeous

Oct 27, 2017
Best COD campaign. Anyone else moved by what happens when the credits roll?
Yes. It really nailed home the theme of sacrifice during conflict, and I genuinely think they managed to return a poignancy to CoD that I haven't really felt from the series for a while.

From the journey Reyes took narratively, to what happened to the cast, to the talks you have with the engineer who used to be a captain herself and the QTE you aren't sure if you are supposed to do or not, the whole final mission and the credits / post credits as you say — they game did a really good job of that overall.

Last edited:

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The only CoD I actually bought at retail this gen (other games were borrowed from a friend or a dirt cheap key for pc), and it was really worth the buy

charlieman999

Oct 29, 2017
Spain
Agree totally.

Between the 'highjacking' of enemy ships (hiding behind asteroids was awesome) to the set piece where the robot 'sacrifices' itself to save you to flying up from the Earth into orbit to battle the Martian forces were really excellent and pushed the franchise in a way it hasn't done since.

Even the soundtrack is fantastic.

It's a shame that it sold so poorly so we'll never see the COD franchise branch out from the 'modern' warfare schtick again.

Thanks for the spoilers, i have the game on steam and was planning to play the campaign giving all the praise it gets : /

Oct 25, 2017
My only complaint with Infinite Warfare's campaign was that I wish they had taken just a bit of inspiration from Black Ops 2's branching narrative, optional side missions and multiple endings.
The protagonist character was the commander of the carrier, would have been interesting had your/his actions lead to good endings, bad endings, deaths and survivals.

But honestly that was mostly my hope for a potential sequel that never happened and likely won't.
Have
Salter
as an Admiral this time with control of multiple carriers that are used for side missions and such, however their survival, ratings,etc would play into how you and the flagship perform in the mainline missions.

In the side missions instead of dying and restarting from a checkpoint, the ship in that battle loses crew members either till the mission is completed or all the crew are killed and the ship destroyed/hijacked.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Played the trial version on Xbox One (original model) earlier. Pretty good. Really like the sci-fi space setting, laser guns, the robot hacking, space ship combat...yeah, this is more my thing than the other Call of Duty games, which I couldn't really get into outside of splitscreen with my younger brother and friends. Game looks and sounds great, too.

I'll probably get a cheap disc copy real soon since the digital version is still $60+. Might hold off on playing through the campaign until my Xbox Series X pre-order comes in.

Oct 26, 2017
Inspired by this thread, I started playing Infinite Warfare and just finished it. It is an amazing campaign, but one thing hurt it a lot for me. The theme of sacrifice became really heavy-handed and hamfisted in the last quarter. They start smacking you over the head with character after character sacrificing themselves, where a majority of them just felt like flatout suicide. They could've used a little more subtlety. All in all, great campaign. Just wish the writing towards the end was better.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Got a copy in the mail yesterday. Just wondering if I should play it on my original Xbox One, or wait a few more weeks until my Xbox Series X arrives...hmm...

Jq43whi.jpg

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Yeah, the trial looked gorgeous. Should be even better on X...guess I'll wait. I can at least play the multiplayer stuff, I guess. Maybe play some splitscreen with my younger brother as well.

I also got a ton of other games I should really finish first. Hah.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Got a copy in the mail yesterday. Just wondering if I should play it on my original Xbox One, or wait a few more weeks until my Xbox Series X arrives...hmm...
If you can wait, play on Series X. (I played on original/FAT xbox, and i saw terrible FPS drops. Of course not everywhere...)

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
dang I just checked Steam to see if I could pick this up for $20 or so and it's still full priced at $60!? I'll have to browse around for some sales...

Oct 27, 2017
dang I just checked Steam to see if I could pick this up for $20 or so and it's still full priced at $60!? I'll have to browse around for some sales...

Yeah, the trial looked gorgeous. Should be even better on X...guess I'll wait. I can at least play the multiplayer stuff, I guess. Maybe play some splitscreen with my younger brother as well.

I also got a ton of other games I should really finish first. Hah.
wait if you can. The game has fantastic art direction and you will want to see it at its best.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
This game honestly looked fun af. I didn't give it any attention because of how it was received but years later I kind of started wondering why and ended up watching gameplay/streams and it looked so damn fun. I figured it was too late at that point to have a healthy player base so I didn't end up buying it but it genuinely looked fun.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
I remember the campaign being solid, though I can't remember why the bad guys were so pissed off.

The multiplayer was at a series low.

BSherrod

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the campaign yesterday on as I finish off my COD campaigns play through. Very, very good and fun. The art and graphics in 4K on PC where incredible so the great art direction really shines here. Kit Harrington was underused and the emotions felt a little forced at times, but overall very much worth the ride. Just hate that these COD games never get cheap, even on sale.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Absolute best campaign since MW1-2 and even enjoyed it more than Titanfall 2s campaign. (Though multi in TF2 is king)
Vastly underrated.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I can't remember much of the campaign, but it was the only COD in which I truly liked the MP. All of the other CODs were pretty much either run in circles shooting each other in the back, or be funnelled through choke points avoiding grenades. IWF actually had some depth and nuance. I'd still rather play Battlefield or even Destiny any given day, but it was alright. I enjoyed it.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Finally started it up over the weekend on Xbox Series X. Glad I waited. Looks so good, runs so smooth. Campaign is great so far.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking about reinstalling this and giving it another shot on my new Xbox.

I dunno, whenever I tried playing it in the past, I'd be like... "Man, I'd rather be playing Titalfall." and shut it off. I guess the brief time I played it didn't leave me feeling good about it. I will give it a fair shake sooner or later though.