• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
So uh, question, since he says he will never buy a console again, has Valve made any comment about all this? Hell, we got a comment from Nintendo, didn't know if I maybe missed it. Plus it would be funny to see this guy squirm further.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Are we sure this is not comedy?
I can't believe he's serious. I was watching the video and my partner sitting across the room burst out laughing then went to a straight face in an instant when I told him the guy was apparently serious.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
So uh, question, since he says he will never buy a console again, has Valve made any comment about all this? Hell, we got a comment from Nintendo, didn't know if I maybe missed it. Plus it would be funny to see this guy squirm further.

Does it matter? He's obviously talking out of his ass and will be buying games in the fall.

Aug 10, 2019
giphy.gif

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand...the puzzle pieces don't match. Why does he feel like gaming companies want him dead??

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
The crowd of alt-right/incel/redpill types believe that eating soy feminizes you because something something soy contains hormones something something. It's the same mess of incomprehensible pseudo-intellectual bullshit that's often used to justify all sorts of stupid views among that crowd.

The end result is that it seems to be that crowd's latest favored derogatory term that attacks what they think is one's masculinity. So it goes something like beta > cuck > simp > soy or some shit.

It's really, really dumb, and as you said, completely false.
Holy jiminy Christ that's dumb, and, perhaps even more depressingly, it puts into perspective why a good friend of mine said something lately that I found really dumb and immediately called out. I and my wife have been eating more soy as of late as I'm trying to bring down my meat consumption, (not going vegan, but it's a possibility in the future), as we're eating much, much, MUCH more protein than we're accustomed to as we've finally decided to adopt a more hardcore attitude towards strength training, and as a result we're eating more protein than we typically do. We eat healthy anyway, but lately we're just really turning up the protein intake as we're on a linear progression program, which means go up a bit in weight on every lift on every work out. It's pretty intensive training, and really requires a lot of protein intake to keep up with constantly moving up in weight like that as you might imagine. Anyway, I told my friend about this, and how all of my lifts have been going up consistently since starting the program, and that I've been getting the majority of my protein from egg whites and edamame, (soy beans), and he says, and I quote, "yeah but what are you going to do about the increase in estrogen?" .....I was dumbfounded lol. I just asked him, "does it look like my estrogen levels have gone up?" He sheepishly said, "well no"...... lol. Where did people get this idea that soy boosts estrogen, or perhaps lowers testosterone? It's utterly fucking absurd. I had no idea that my buddy was the type to believe this type of nonsense, and now I'm a bit worried that there may be a bit more to him than I know about. Lately he's been sending me conspiracy theory videos too, man I hope my buddy's not secretly a fucking creep.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Holy jiminy Christ that's dumb, and, perhaps even more depressingly, it puts into perspective why a good friend of mine said something lately that I found really dumb and immediately called out. I and my wife have been eating more soy as of late as I'm trying to bring down my meat consumption, (not going vegan, but it's a possibility in the future), as we're eating much, much, MUCH more protein than we're accustomed to as we've finally decided to adopt a more hardcore attitude towards strength training, and as a result we're eating more protein than we typically do. We eat healthy anyway, but lately we're just really turning up the protein intake as we're on a linear progression program, which means go up a bit in weight on every lift on every work out. It's pretty intensive training, and really requires a lot of protein intake to keep up with constantly moving up in weight like that as you might imagine. Anyway, I told my friend about this, and how all of my lifts have been going up consistently since starting the program, and that I've been getting the majority of my protein from egg whites and edamame, (soy beans), and he says, and I quote, "yeah but what are you going to do about the increase in estrogen?" .....I was dumbfounded lol. I just asked him, "does it look like my estrogen levels have gone up?" He sheepishly said, "well no"...... lol. Where did people get this idea that soy boosts estrogen, or perhaps lowers testosterone? It's utterly fucking absurd. I had no idea that my buddy was the type to believe this type of nonsense, and now I'm a bit worried that there may be a bit more to him than I know about. Lately he's been sending me conspiracy theory videos too, man I hope my buddy's not secretly a fucking creep.
Oh shit!
Abandon ship!!!!
You will probably receive kkk flyers next lol

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I don't understand...the puzzle pieces don't match. Why does he feel like gaming companies want him dead??

The puzzle piece on the left is "gaming companies posted messages saying Black Lives Matter". The puzzle piece on the right is "gaming companies want white genocide."

The piece in the middle that you're missing is his diseased brain.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit!
Abandon ship!!!!
You will probably receive kkk flyers next lol
That would literally break my heart man, I mean I've known this guy for about ten years and we're very close. I mean we're business partners, we run rental property together. I should mention that he's a Latino, so I can't see him being a KKK supporter, but still, I really hope he's not a creep. I've ended friendships over that kind of shit, like when a buddy of mine called Obama "black Santa Clause", that was effectively the last we spoke, but with a business partner.....shit gets a lot more dicey.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
That would literally break my heart man, I mean I've known this guy for about ten years and we're very close. I mean we're business partners, we run rental property together. I should mention that he's a Latino, so I can't see him being a KKK supporter, but still, I really hope he's not a creep. I've ended friendships over that kind of shit, like when a buddy of mine called Obama "black Santa Clause", that was effectively the last we spoke, but with a business partner.....shit gets a lot more dicey.
I mentioned kkk as a extrem, he's probably spending to much time reading dumb stuff online and it's affecting him.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I wonder how people like that react when they learn Kratos is voiced by a black man. Do they not play the game? Or platinum it and pretend they did not know? Probably the latter

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This guy has to be a master troll. Just looking at the videos and his tweets, it really sounds like he's self aware, especially the "that wasn't the point one".

I cant believe this is true.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
The puzzle piece on the left is "gaming companies posted messages saying Black Lives Matter". The puzzle piece on the right is "gaming companies want white genocide."

The piece in the middle that you're missing is his diseased brain.
This is the weirdest thing I've heard all year, I don't get what kind of hoops he's been jumping through to get to that point. Is it a reaction video after he has received direct death threats or something? It's such a weird video and blaming Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo for whatever he's going through makes no sense. But he'll totally be there streaming from his PS5 in a few months lol

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This guy has to be a master troll. Just looking at the videos and his tweets, it really sounds like he's self aware, especially the "that wasn't the point one".

IDGAF if he isn't being serious, he'd still be a clout chasing idiot. This ain't a fucking game. Enough with the trolling BS.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe he took the message of equality the wrong way? Rather than wanting the police to stop killing black folks, he thinks people are fighting for the police to start killing whites to?

IDK. He's a dumbass.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Fast aside: the thing with soy is, for a time it was used in post-menopausal women to reduce symptoms and (supposedly) decreasing breast cancer, because soy has a higher amount of a kind of substance called isoflavones, which somewhat resembled estrogen and "tricked" the body into believing the woman had a normal level instead of the reduced one.
But, in medicine and in life, resembling something does not equal BEING that something. It may not apply to OAG tho, resembles a racist manchild and....

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I still can't understand the mindset that some people have where #blacklivesmatter means white/all lives don't.

Yep. There are also similar ridiculous responses when companies show their support for Pride, like it would somehow take away something precious from them, and translate as "anti-straight propaganda".

I saw this recently, that further illustrates the absurdity of the mindset.

If "Save the whales" doesn't mean "fuck all the other mammals".
Why does "Black Lives Matter" trigger so many people?

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Does he think that if the cops stop killing black people, they'll have to kill more white people to make up for it?

It's a mentality a lot of bigots share. Internally people like this guy know unquestioningly how black people are and have been treated in this country, despite whatever bs they might say to the contrary. They know that black rage is justified due to the legitimate generations of genocide, rape, exploitation and abuse white supremacy has doled out to black people. And in turn since they believe this they live in constant fear of violent black retaliation.

They're all paranoid and see every sideways glance or sniffed nose from a black person as a threat. They see us as ready to pounce on them at any and every moment to get "revenge" for what they know to be true. Hell I'm almost certain that whenever this dude sees a black guy in real life, internally he's fighting the urge to either run in fear or get angry and attack first to protect himself. As such they don't just try to dismiss/ignore black voices & calls for equal treatment but rather see these protests and paint them as signs of black people getting ready to enact the retaliatory genocide/race war they constantly fear. They pretend to be an oppressed group and get angry that the rest of the world they think revolves around them & that they're entitled to as the superior race isn't coming to their aid to protect them from us "mongrels".

They pull the same shit with women and feminist movements always talking about how feminists want to enslave or kill all cis-men like themselves and chop off their penises and etc. such nonsense. Social justice activism in general are just all movements meant to rob them not just of their privilege and comfort but their whole lives as well. Minorities and marginalized people have always said they simply want equality but to reinforce their own internal narratives about their whiteness being threatened they never listen or cast it in a conspiratorial light with us just lying about our oppression and desire for equality so we can strategically slip into a societal position where we can turn the tables politically and wield power over them.

Last edited:

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Nah. It's quite the opposite - he's absolutely devoid of self-awareness.

This is the weirdest thing I've heard all year, I don't get what kind of hoops he's been jumping through to get to that point. Is it a reaction video after he has received direct death threats or something? It's such a weird video and blaming Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo for whatever he's going through makes no sense. But he'll totally be there streaming from his PS5 in a few months lol

Nope, nobody seems to have known or cared who he was prior to the video.

He was literally so incensed by some video game companies issuing statements saying "Black Lives Matter" that he wrote a little script, went into his playroom, made sure his toys were in-frame, and cut a promo about how this obviously meant that all the companies wanted to kill all white people(?). Then he thought "yeah, this is great!" and uploaded it to the internet. And now he's absolutely incapable of realizing that people aren't dragging him because he has hidden knowledge or whatever, they're dragging him because the whole scenario is lame and stupid as fuck.

Fuck. Why would video game companies even want to kill all white people? That's way less people to sell video games to.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe he took the message of equality the wrong way? Rather than wanting the police to stop killing black folks, he thinks people are fighting for the police to start killing whites to?

IDK. He's a dumbass.
Equality = An eye for an eye? ;p
But he mostly sound defensive of his thoughts on his twitter and thinks that people are proving his point when lashing out at him, I wonder what has happened, he clearly jumped a few hoops here that nobody else could find.

petermarinus

Banned
May 31, 2020
After reading the title I thought; how precious, maybe he identifies as African American. But then I realized he 100% identified as white gamer :(

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I checked the traitor list and the band Anthrax is on "probabtion." Pop-tarts too, lol. It's kind of amazing seeing the ones with some editorial on there.

Like now I know he really liked Harry Styles.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Nah. It's quite the opposite - he's absolutely devoid of self-awareness.

Nope, nobody seems to have known or cared who he was prior to the video.

He was literally so incensed by some video game companies issuing statements saying "Black Lives Matter" that he wrote a little script, went into his playroom, made sure his toys were in-frame, and cut a promo about how this obviously meant that all the companies wanted to kill all white people(?). Then he thought "yeah, this is great!" and uploaded it to the internet. And now he's absolutely incapable of realizing that people aren't dragging him because he has hidden knowledge or whatever, they're dragging him because the whole scenario is lame and stupid as fuck.

Fuck. Why would video game companies even want to kill all white people? That's way less people to sell video games to.
His idea is so out of nowhere, this is some extreme point of racism, I'm thinking that something must've happened to him or some close ones that tweaked his mind. I just can't see why white people would seriously go around thinking the risk of getting killed increases if less black people gets killed by the police. What kind of logic is that?? He says they're thugs. Who're he talking about here? All blacks? BLM is about how black people gets killed for no reason, not from being a criminal thug.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Ladies & Gents, this guy right here is the racist trash we need to remove from gaming culture.
I thought this was a parody for a second. Unbelievable.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
I can't stop thinking that's a very small collection for someone who wants to suggest that he alone would be a massive financial loss to a billion dollar industry. That's 37 years worth, my guy?

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
To slightly misquote Bill Hicks, 'ever notice how people who believe in creationism look so...unevolved?'

I'm making an assumption here but religion tends to go hand in glove with these fucking nutjobs.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
EZy-w_HUcAAqqL3

You have to understand that some people out there don't realize that we live in a Shin Megami Tensei world.

....that's real and from today btw

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
He's having a meltdown on his twitter, I won't link it but basically he's claiming this was a victory that a bunch of industry people disagreed with him.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
His idea is so out of nowhere, this is some extreme point of racism, I'm thinking that something must've happened to him or some close ones that tweaked his mind. I just can't see why white people would seriously go around thinking the risk of getting killed increases if less black people gets killed by the police. What kind of logic is that?? He says they're thugs. Who're he talking about here? All blacks? BLM is about how black people gets killed for no reason, not from being a criminal thug.
I guess the takeaway is the guy believes that cops have a fixed kill quota, so if they don't kill PoC, they have to make ends meet killing mighty withies?
Idk man, it's early in Spain and haven't had my coffee, I'm slow processing lunacy.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
This is the funniest shit ever cause you just know it's 100% empty words from him. He's going to be the first one in line salivating to get the hands on one the new upcoming consoles.

Also, fuck this guy.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
EZy-w_HUcAAqqL3

You have to understand that some people out there don't realize that we live in a Shin Megami Tensei world.

....that's real and from today btw
LOL I just look at this ridiculous macro and think, since these issues are able to persist under God and Capitalism then both absolutely do need to be destroyed

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
He's having a meltdown on his twitter, I won't link it but basically he's claiming this was a victory that a bunch of industry people disagreed with him.
So his thinking was basically "My shelf of games bankrolled the biggest media industry on the planet over 30 years, that's worth more than welcoming everyone with open arms." And not "I've publicly called out the creatives I also claim is my only, small source of fun, and now if I'm ever seen in the hobby again after my moment of notoriety, that pretty much summarised what people mean by 'Gamers' and the problems with white fragility in the hobby, I'll be a hypocrite as well as a racist idiot"

Yeah. Stay winning, I guess. Just stay far away from the rest of us. I hope it flags up a few more Gamers that really don't want to be in a hobby that is finally feeling bold enough to be inclusive too.