• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Some of the anti-vaccine videos she was spreading was a Minister who's "proof" against the vaccine is that trans people are not real they're just mentally sick but science legitamizes us so obviously science is wrong and you can't believe the experts.

As a trans person it's really putting me off anything involving her.
Yea that video was horrific, really. People stay disappointing.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Some of the anti-vaccine videos she was spreading was a Minister who's "proof" against the vaccine is that trans people are not real they're just mentally sick but science legitamizes us so obviously science is wrong and you can't believe the experts.

As a trans person it's really putting me off anything involving her.
Yep and people keep conveniently forgetting this when they say "she just said something dumb, don't cancel her" or "i don't care that she said something dumb people say stupid stuff all the time" as if being anti vax and anti science isn't bad enough

Last edited:

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yep and people keep conveniently forgetting this when they say "she just said something dumb, don't cancel her" or "i don't care that she said something dumb people say stupid stuff all the time"
Yeah, she didn't just personally be anti-vaccine like some of the basketball morons for instance. She was pushing and spreading it along with other evangelical bigotry. Fuck her.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I get likeing MBJ, but Killmonger was one of the few villain ass villains in the MCU; not cartoonishly evil, but a real world type of evil. His story is over. He should not ever return. And he damn sure should need be "redeemed."

You don't want Letita Shuri Panther, fine. But the same film had M'Baku and Ngoya and a host of other candidates that don't murder women and advocate genocide. Fucking A.

SonofDonCD

Oct 26, 2017
Wakanda in the MCU allows anyone to become ruler and Black Panther through ceremonial battle. Also, 616 Killmonger had no real relationship with anyone when he showed up.

It's a comic book film, some things will and don't have to make sense.
But at least Killmonger in the MCU had a legitimate claim to the throne (he says "I'm exercising my blood right to challenge for the mantles of king...and Black Panther"). This other Killmonger from another universe wouldn't.

Even with that said, they don't just allow any stranger to become ruler. It has to be someone either from one of the tribes or someone the tribe(s) wish to put forth to fight for them (Zuri says "If any tribe wishes to put forth a warrior, I now offer a path to the throne"). I doubt that any tribe would want ANY version of Killmonger to fight for them to become ruler, nor would any kind of royal blood right be allowed, as he isn't from their earth.

Yes, these are made up stories, so literally anything can happen. But you also need some semblance of world building that sets the rules and expectations for what's possible, so that deus ex machina and other out of character things don't make everything before then not matter. Bringing back any version of Killmonger into the MCU proper to rule/become BP would undo all the great work they did in the first movie. And I'd argue that for the most part, future movies have only made past movies make more sense or enhanced them in some way.

Personally, I'm with those who wish they'd just recast T'Challa and get it over with. We've recast actors all the time before; the audience gets it and then we move on. It'll be fine.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
She is allowed to, but then she will need to accept that she'll be called out for it. She did it, she didn't walk it back, so she is still a fuckign anti-vaxxer. And considering the current times, I'm not going to let up on anti-vaxxers until they apologize for spreading shit. In 2021, no anti-vaxxer for any reason gets the benefit of the doubt. Being an anti-vaxxer, not taking Covid shots when you can is literally spreading fuel on the fire of the pandemic.
this post reeks of not understanding how lies, misinformation, disinformation and conspiracy theories spread.

Should she not be able to express her personal opinion because she's a celebrity, of course she can. Thats the one part of your post you got right. The rest is absolute nonsense, she deserves all the dragging she's getting for spreading bullshit conspiracy theories.

I think it "reeks" of understanding that people are people, regardless of how famous or popular they are. It was a scary and confusing time for many people where this type of skepticism and conspiracy theory shit ran rampant.
Hell, the cap off to the Nicki Minaj drama was her pointing out how Joy Reid, who dragged her with this "You have a responsibility!" speech on TV, legit used her twitter in Sep 2020 to spread/ express mistrust in the vaccine because of Trump (tweets she doesn't seem to have commented on now that she trust the vaccine). I know we're almost in 2022 and lots wanna forget 2020, but that was a fuckin wild year and public mistrust/ misinformation and wild theories about the vaccine wasn't uncommon at all. Even Biden openly express concern over the "safety of it" at points, and almost anyone trying to get that position has to be careful af about what they say to the public.

It's been almost a full year since she yeeted herself off of social media or said anything publicly about anything related to this, so in 2022 or 2023 when people are still dying from covid ... I personally wont be shaking my fist at/ blaming her 1 day twitter fuck up from 2020 and subsequent silence when there's people like Tucker Carlson who're actually hurting people by using their platform to spread this bullshit non-stop for their own agendas.

And yes, I do know how things like that spread and how "do your own research!/ Don't be bullied into blah blah" may come from a good place from those types, but often times just means "I pick w/e from the grape vine I want to believe, because I don't trust w/e".

But I'm not gonna throw away a whole damn person for a 1 day twitter fuck up in 2020 after they've ejected themselves from social media. If she's not out here trying to convince people to follow her beliefs with her platform, then I don't care if she's anti-covid 19 vaccine or believes w/e religious horse shit she does. I don't personally need to believe Celebs believe the same things I do to be ok with them.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it "reeks" of understanding that people are people, regardless of how famous or popular they are. It was a scary and confusing time for many people where this type of skepticism and conspiracy theory shit ran rampant.
Hell, the cap off to the Nicki Minaj drama was her pointing out how Joy Reid, who dragged her with this "You have a responsibility!" speech on TV, legit used her twitter in Sep 2020 to spread/ express mistrust in the vaccine because of Trump (tweets she doesn't seem to have commented on now that she trust the vaccine). I know we're almost in 2022 and lots wanna forget 2020, but that was a fuckin wild year and public mistrust/ misinformation and wild theories about the vaccine wasn't uncommon at all. Even Biden openly express concern over the "safety of it" at points, and almost anyone trying to get that position has to be careful af about what they say to the public.

It's been almost a full year since she yeeted herself off of social media or said anything publicly about anything related to this, so in 2022 or 2023 when people are still dying from covid ... I personally wont be shaking my fist at/ blaming her 1 day twitter fuck up from 2020 and subsequent silence when there's people like Tucker Carlson who're actually hurting people by using their platform to spread this bullshit non-stop for their own agendas.

And yes, I do know how things like that spread and how "do your own research!/ Don't be bullied into blah blah" may come from a good place from those types, but often times just means "I pick w/e from the grape vine I want to believe, because I don't trust w/e".

But I'm not gonna throw away a whole damn person for a 1 day twitter fuck up in 2020 after they've ejected themselves from social media. If she's not out here trying to convince people to follow her beliefs with her platform, then I don't care if she's anti-covid 19 vaccine or believes w/e religious horse shit she does. I don't personally need to believe Celebs believe the same things I do to be ok with them.
I agree it was very stupid but people do stupid things and shouldn't have that hanged around their neck forever

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

You know, she was also sharing transphobic material right? So are you really just "it's just her opinion" over transphobia? Honestly even if it was just covid misinformation, not sure anybody should just be "just an opinion" ing that shite.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissing Transphobia and Anti-Vaxx Rhetoric Over Multiple Posts; History of Inflammatory Behavior Including Severe Bans for Dismissing Sexism and for Inflammatory Generalizations
You know, she was also sharing transphobic material right? So are you really just "it's just her opinion" over transphobia? Honestly even if it was just covid misinformation, not sure anybody should just be "just an opinion" ing that shite.
From my understanding, the "transphobic material" is part of that long ass bonkers Hotep vid she clearly shouldn't have posted (but did), which I've said before is very likely what she was referring to with her last tweet about that vid before deleting her social media.
That seems to be what people are referring to, and I take it that since the internet considers Dave to be transphobic ... anyone sharing The Closer online would be "sharing transphobic material". But I'm not gonna condemn random people or celebs and entertainers for praising/ sharing parts of the special online.

And like I said in that post, 2020 was a wild year with lots of wild shit and mistrust+misinformation about the vaccine from all directions. She aint the first or only or last person with a platform to post some shitty opinion about it, which is why her abdicating her social media platform was the right move in my eyes.

May 26, 2018
That seems to be what people are referring to, and I take it that since the internet considers Dave to be transphobic ... anyone sharing The Closer online would be "sharing transphobic material". But I'm not gonna condemn random people or celebs and entertainers for praising/ sharing parts of the special online.

Hoo boy, I've got some questions here. And every time I start writing something, more questions pop up. My head is positively spinning right now with all the "hmm" emojis.

Oct 27, 2017
the comic killmonger showed up? When?
lol

I was referring to the main MCU universe or does it have an official name that I don't know about?

But at least Killmonger in the MCU had a legitimate claim to the throne (he says "I'm exercising my blood right to challenge for the mantles of king...and Black Panther"). This other Killmonger from another universe wouldn't.

Even with that said, they don't just allow any stranger to become ruler. It has to be someone either from one of the tribes or someone the tribe(s) wish to put forth to fight for them (Zuri says "If any tribe wishes to put forth a warrior, I now offer a path to the throne"). I doubt that any tribe would want ANY version of Killmonger to fight for them to become ruler, nor would any kind of royal blood right be allowed, as he isn't from their earth.

Yes, these are made up stories, so literally anything can happen. But you also need some semblance of world building that sets the rules and expectations for what's possible, so that deus ex machina and other out of character things don't make everything before then not matter. Bringing back any version of Killmonger into the MCU proper to rule/become BP would undo all the great work they did in the first movie. And I'd argue that for the most part, future movies have only made past movies make more sense or enhanced them in some way.

Personally, I'm with those who wish they'd just recast T'Challa and get it over with. We've recast actors all the time before; the audience gets it and then we move on. It'll be fine.
In the wake of the damage the first Killmonger caused? You're right, I don't see them trusting or taking in a multiverse Killmonger based solely on that. However, I can see the royal family taking in a multiverse T'challa or T'Chaka especially considering their own T'Challa has passed and Wakanda would be in desperation mode. Multiverse T'Challa may not technically be their own, but it's still a T'Challa at the end of the day.

Personally, I'm also on Team Recast btw, or Team W'Kabi redemption arc. Honestly, Kaluuya's stock has risen even higher since the first BP, it would be great to see him take the lead.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
lol

I was referring to the main MCU universe or does it have an official name that I don't know about?

Sacred timeline, or MCU. The only person who called it 616 was a pathological liar, and 616 is already used to describe the comic universe, so using it to describe the movie universe is confusing, and pointless.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
From my understanding, the "transphobic material" is part of that long ass bonkers Hotep vid she clearly shouldn't have posted (but did), which I've said before is very likely what she was referring to with her last tweet about that vid before deleting her social media.

And like I said in that post, 2020 was a wild year with lots of wild shit and mistrust+misinformation about the vaccine from all directions. She aint the first or only or last person with a platform to post some shitty opinion about it, which is why her abdicating her social media platform was the right move in my eyes.
You clearly have no goddamn clue what you are talking about but are defending her anyway. Keep banging that drum for an anti-vax, anti-science, evangelical, transphobic idiot who never even bothered to apologise. Just makes you look stupid.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The thing is, you're basically saying she should say "I can't/ shouldn't voice my personal/ genuine opinions or concerns because I'm famous". It's kinda strange to expect someone to say they should be a dancing monkey and nothing else in the public's eye, and it doesn't change the fact that she doesn't trust the Covid Vax.

Everything we say and do, online and offline, has consequences and affects people one way or another. If you're famous, and you have access to a big platform, you should really know how many minds you can affect.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Everything we say and do, online and offline, has consequences and affects people one way or another. If you're famous, and you have access to a big platform, you should really know how many minds you can affect.
This.

People are allowed to have their own opinions on things, even if we don't agree, but when you have a platform and your opinion is actively damaging, then you will, rightly, be criticised for it.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

Wright confronted the allegations in an Instagram post on Tuesday, disputing an article published by the Hollywood Reporter on Oct. 6. The report states that Wright had shared "[anti-vax] views about the COVID-19 vaccines on the Atlanta production" of the Marvel sequel, citing a source on the film's set.

"The report spoke about my conduct on the set of 'Black Panther 2.' I honestly assert that this was completely untrue," the actress wrote. "Anyone who knows me or has worked with me, knows that I work incredibly hard at my craft & my main focus is always to do work that's impactful and inspiring. That has been & will continue to be my only focus."

The actress did not directly address her own COVID-19 vaccination status or her current position on the COVID-19 vaccine in the post.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Who brought up the idea of a multi-verse T'Challa with a different actor? I'd 100% be on board with that. Wasn't Rege-Jean Page on the short list for Adam warlock? I think BP would be great for him and vice versa.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Lol sure. The thing is, she is likely pretty protected by her coworkers (including the actors) and Disney will go down harsh on anybody that says otherwise, so this probably was her best and only move. Just deny it, say she's a hard worker and that everybody likes her, the same shit they all pull.

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Who brought up the idea of a multi-verse T'Challa with a different actor? I'd 100% be on board with that. Wasn't Rege-Jean Page on the short list for Adam warlock? I think BP would be great for him and vice versa.

Why go thru all this trouble and the need to explain it in universe some way, instead of just recasting?

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017

It's just a wholly unnecessary idea.

The MCU has already recast someone before without needing to explain it with a plot device.

I know some people think "but Chadwick Boseman can't be replaced!", and it's like...Black Panther is a superhero meant to inspire black boys and what's particularly inspiring about "only THIS ONE GUY can do it tho" or "no one in this REALITY can do it, Wakanda literally gave up on Black Panther until a multiverse T'Challa showed up lol"?

Just get someone else to play main universe T'Challa. Don't explain it. Don't acknowledge it in universe. Just do it.

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know how actors can get away with being unvaxxed. Being on movie sets in close proximity to others. So dumb. Surely their insurance would require it?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Absolutely because you don't just stop being an extremist even when it's against your best interest to. Roseanne couldn't. Gina Carano couldn't. Dean Cain. James Woods. Scott Baio. Kevin Sorbo, Jon Voight, etc. They could all be getting work right now, well most of them anyway, but, they just can't help themselves because they believe they are right and don't want to stop.

It's only a matter of time before she goes too far. Fucking good luck with that Disney, especially if she's the next Black Panther and her ego gets even bigger.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017

I like him as an actor but a lighter skin Black Panther?

I don't think Kevin Feige/MCU is ready for the sort of questions they'd be asked about that. Hence they'd never do it.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
We don't need a multiversal T'Challa.

All these complicated ass answers when simply recasting is the best and easiest way to go.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If she really is black panther, she eventually will do something so extreme Disney will be forced to act and they will have to deal with this shit again

EdenOfTheEast

Banned
Jul 1, 2020
I'm inclined to give her the benefit of doubt on this one. The original story is from a single source … I'm not too strong on building a story based of 1 persons view.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like just saying "multiverse" isn't the answer based on what they've shown. People are always themselves in every universe. You need a new black panther not a new tchalla.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
I'm inclined to give her the benefit of doubt on this one. The original story is from a single source … I'm not too strong on building a story based of 1 persons view.

She's not an insignificant person. The low level messaging after the fact feels somewhat suspicious. I say this as a white person who really enjoyed Black Panther, and actually I really liked her/her character. I don't enjoy any of this.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shame...she's a great actress. I will not watch Wakanda Forever if she is the new Black Panther. She is toxic and pathetic.

uncledonnie

Oct 26, 2017
The only way a multiverse change would make sense would be if they used that to get Killmonger/Michael B. Jordan in the role. Like in some other universe he wasn't abandoned in America and didn't turn out to be a psycho murderer.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know how actors can get away with being unvaxxed. Being on movie sets in close proximity to others. So dumb. Surely their insurance would require it?
I literally got mocked on this very site by people saying "there is no way Disney would allow her on set without the vaccine" and assuming it was common knowledge so who knows

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
lol...the thing is, antivax doesn't consider themselves as anti vaccine...just asking question or some shit.