• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
The whole "do your own research/thinking" is basically saying anything you know is a lie and trust these dubious sources.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I remember when conspiracy theories were cool and harmless like Area 51.
i used to think the same. But now i think "harmless" conspiracy theories like area 51 and we didnt land on the moon are entirely harmful, because people go down these rabbit holes of thinking their "just asking questions" and get swallowed up by bad intentioned people.

and why the hell is there a word count on making my post?

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
i used to think the same. But now i think "harmless" conspiracy theories like area 51 and we didnt land on the moon are entirely harmful, because people go down these rabbit holes of thinking their "just asking questions" and get swallowed up by bad intentioned people.

and why the hell is there a word count on making my post?
The deep state is watching you

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Conspiracy people were largely sidelined by society and the issue was treated like a joke by virtually everyone. Social media changed all of that.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Her twitter banner is all I needed to know. Religious nutcase.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Star Lord and Shuri died on the way back to their home planet

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
By all means, "do your own research".
As long as by doing your own research, you mean spending hundreds of millions of dollars to fund your own research laboratories or creating scientific grants.

But for some reason, "doing your own research" always seems to mean lazy googling and watching shitty youtube videos.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
It's dumb for comics nerds, and these are not the ones who bring money to Disney. They 100% are reviving him and everybody will be hyped about it except for a super small vocal minority.

It's dumb in general lol nothing to do with comic nerds who are used to shit like that on the regular

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Some people are kind of forced to by virtue of the platform they have, and the effect spreading bigotry can have as a consequence.

I have twitter I wouldn't have seen this if it wasn't posted here honestly. You realize she is going go to release a statement by the end of the weekend saying she needs to look over what she said and needs to educate herself.

Will that be good enough probably not because most posters on this forum will post in every Black Panther 2 OT stating to recast her and they won't watch. Spoiler they probably will.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I have twitter I wouldn't have seen this if it wasn't posted here honestly. You realize she is going go to release a statement by the end of the weekend saying she needs to look over what she said and needs to educate herself.

Will that be good enough probably not because most posters on this forum will post in every Black Panther 2 OT stating to recast her and they won't watch. Spoiler they probably will.
Your statement was more broad than this one incident though. Famous people broadcasting bigotry to their audience is a material concern for many, one that's not necessarily easy or beneficial to ignore.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Your statement was more broad than this one incident though. Famous people broadcasting bigotry to their audience is a material concern for many, one that's not necessarily easy or beneficial to ignore.

They probably do it every day. More concerning that so many people care what they think. Shouldn't give a crap what they think. They make millions of dollars for pretending to be someone.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Michael B Jordan is a fine actor, but Killmonger better stay dead after the bad joke he turned out to be in the movie. Irredeemable.

Time for M'Baku to shine

image.webp

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, time to bring back Killmonger
I think they should just give a new actor a try. There's loads of stories to tell with T'challa and it could be a fantastic opportunity for a up and coming talented, black actor, to give their own take.

As great as Boseman was, I want to keep an open mind about who is cast next.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
They probably do it every day. More concerning that so many people care what they think. Shouldn't give a crap what they think. They make millions of dollars for pretending to be someone.
It can result in law reforms being scrapped, children attempting suicide and general overall pressure on things related to the bigotry espoused. So sometimes it's worth keeping a bead on what nonsense is being given as gospel by people with a reach of millions. Sadly it's precisely because so many people care what they think that others have to.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
"listen lbgt people, you should care about what your opressor think. it will just go away please don't make me care please"

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yo wtf is this.

#MakeMarvelWhiteAgain? That would suck. Give black and brown kids their T'Challa...the character meant a lot to them.

If the Batman, Superman and James Bond franchises can recast their white lead... throughout the years.. Marvel can do the same thing with Black Panther.

And I don't want to seem insensitive to Chadwick's death.. he left behind a great legacy.
You made one hell of a big leap based on my post.

I personally think that Chadwick nailed the character and became so synonymous with him that recasting would just be the worst possible choice for everyone involved. Nobody could fill those shoes.

Letting Shuri take the mantle was a fine avenue to go down, sure, but in light of this, I have no interest in seeing her fill that role.

In my opinion, the standalone BP franchise doesn't have a lot of viable routes to go down right now. If you recast T'Challa, you're setting the new actor up for unfair comparisons to Chadwick and you're opening up the really thorny conversation about recasting the iconic roles of recently deceased actors. If you let Wright take over, you're rewarding someone who spreads dangerous anti-vax bullshit. What's the answer? If millions of dollars weren't at stake, I'd say that the best avenue would be to let the first film - and Chadwick's appearances in other MCU films - speak for themselves and respectfully leave the character as is, played by Chadwick and remembered fondly by millions.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
More concerning that so many people care what they think.
The fact that you find that aspect more concerning says a lot. This is before we get into the fact that trans women like me have to care because we're murdered by the hundreds every year by people who think like that dude in the video Letitia Wright (a celeb with huge reach) supports.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Write Shuri out, focus on Nakia and Okoye who are played by stronger actresses anyway.

And recast T'Challa, seriously. Don't dump an important character because of Chadwick Boseman's passing, bigger characters have been recast (under less tragic circumstances but still).

There's no reason why they couldn't recast Shuri if Disney really wants her out, probably unlikely over this incident. Letitia did a fine job as Shuri acting wise but she's not like irreplaceable.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
You made one hell of a big leap based on my post.

I personally think that Chadwick nailed the character and became so synonymous with him that recasting would just be the worst possible choice for everyone involved. Nobody could fill those shoes.

Letting Shuri take the mantle was a fine avenue to go down, sure, but in light of this, I have no interest in seeing her fill that role.

In my opinion, the standalone BP franchise doesn't have a lot of viable routes to go down right now. If you recast T'Challa, you're setting the new actor up for unfair comparisons to Chadwick and you're opening up the really thorny conversation about recasting the iconic roles of recently deceased actors. If you let Wright take over, you're rewarding someone who spreads dangerous anti-vax bullshit. What's the answer? If millions of dollars weren't at stake, I'd say that the best avenue would be to let the first film - and Chadwick's appearances in other MCU films - speak for themselves and respectfully leave the character as is, played by Chadwick and remembered fondly by millions.
Maybe I have too much faith.. but presuming T'challa gets recast, I believe people can emphathise with the new actor because of the shoes he's filling and will give him an chance. At the moment, the idea is unappealing but I believe people would give him an chance after the annoucement is made.

I think it could be sweet if they choose an unknown and he nails it.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Trolling over a Series of Posts
It can result in law reforms being scrapped, children attempting suicide and general overall pressure on things related to the bigotry espoused. So sometimes it's worth keeping a bead on what nonsense is being given as gospel by people with a reach of millions. Sadly it's precisely because so many people care what they think that others have to.

So what if we stopped caring what they think? Stop watching the movies they make. If Disney was like hey new rule in your contracts can't tweet without us giving the green light will that make you feel better?

Also Disney is a shit company so let's just boycott them too.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So what if we stopped caring what they think? Stop watching the movies they make. If Disney was like hey new rule in your contracts can't tweet without us giving the green light will that make you feel better?

Also Disney is a shit company so let's just boycott them too.
Are you trolling? It feels like you're trolling at this point.

Oct 30, 2017
Whilst its good to see a persons through self, what is the thought process behind sharing such horrifying thoughts?

How dumb does one have to be considering who she is and she does for living?

Does lack of decency = Lack of common sense?

Fucking idiot.