• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Not too old for this shit yet:
Mel-Gibson.jpg

Danny-Glover.jpg

And great to see Donner attatched. One last ride for him too.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I thought the last one in the series was the perfect ending. They took on arguably the biggest Chinese star from the time as Chinese action movies were really moving into mainstream in the US. A great way to close out their serial action thrillers that kept adapting over the years.

I'll watch it, but I don't think it's needed. Gibson is also a raving anti semitic and racist lunatic, so there's that too.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the last one in the series was the perfect ending. They took on arguably the biggest Chinese star from the time as Chinese action movies were really moving into mainstream in the US. A great way to close out their serial action thrillers that kept adapting over the years.

I'll watch it, but I don't think it's needed. Gibson is also a raving anti semitic and racist lunatic, so there's that too.
Agreed, 4 ended perfectly imo. I don't know why we need a "Fifth and final" movie.

PlasmaRTD

May 30, 2018
Can we just do the full loop and make it Lethal Weapon 5 - Policenauts? Villeneuve would need to direct though

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I rewatched Lethal Weapon 1, and Murtaugh had just turned 50 in that movie.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Richard Donner directing

www.comingsoon.net

Richard Donner Confirms He Will Direct Lethal Weapon 5!

Even at 90, Richard Donner is not too old for this sh*t! At least when it comes to teaming up with Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, who will return to star in one final Lethal Weapon film. Donner revealed as much in an interview with The Telegraph, and confirmed that he will indeed direct Riggs and...

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe finally Warner will put out the trilogy on UHD if this happens.

Mel was fantastic in Fatman recently and Glover is always good. If Donner is really on board then I'm happy to see what they got cooked up.

Someone is using the police retirement fund and draining all of the pensions and healthcare. Who's gonna solve the crime? Find out next Fall in Lethal Weapon 5: They stole my in-home nurse!

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Gibson was still young enough to pull of the slightly unstable rogue cop thing when he made Lethal Weapon 4 but now...I just don't see it.

And Glover will be 75-76 when they make this so wouldn't they both be retired?

On a more upbeat note, Rene Russo still looks great. :)

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Let's just hope no one gets health issues or worse until production is done (not that I would hope for that after that either of course)

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gibson was still young enough to pull of the slightly unstable rogue cop thing when he made Lethal Weapon 4 but now...I just don't see it.

And Glover will be 75-76 when they make this so wouldn't they both be retired?

On a more upbeat note, Rene Russo still looks great. :)

The premise of the 5th movie is both of them in an old folks home seemingly forgotten and irrelevant until they realize that their is a major drug trafficking conspiracy going on with the staff and it's up to our old but not out of it heroes to pull up their diapers and affix their dentures before showing those whippersnappers how it's done old school.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Richard Donner directing

www.comingsoon.net

Richard Donner Confirms He Will Direct Lethal Weapon 5!

Even at 90, Richard Donner is not too old for this sh*t! At least when it comes to teaming up with Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, who will return to star in one final Lethal Weapon film. Donner revealed as much in an interview with The Telegraph, and confirmed that he will indeed direct Riggs and...
Given the source and what they're going off, lol this is never happening.

Shane Black had a LW5 script like a decade ago to direct himself and was stopped by Richard Donner who wanted to make his own version that involved Riggs and Murtaugh going camping in the woods or some bullshit.

Would have very much liked to have read Black's script, considering his absence from the series since 2 has seen Riggs become a watered-down joke.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Gibson is honestly still spritely enough that I could see him doing it. Glover though, he's much older, and he has felt much older for quite awhile

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, Dick Donner is 90?! Wow.

That aside, 4 was the perfect ending to the series and brought Riggs' character arc to a very satisfying close.

Also, the first two seasons of the TV show were really good. I was quite surprised by them and they can stand alone just fine without getting into the downgrade of season 3.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Weird. The fourth film was a good send-off, so this is unnecessary. Hollywood will be Hollywood, though.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
Im kinda "Meh" about it.

Its a schrodingers cat movie for me. Can be good, can be shit, we wont really know if we dont open the box.

Sucks to gove Mel more exposure tho. Guy is an asshole.