• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
To me, this is one of the most badass quotes from a movie in a while. Even with my feelings about canto bight, I still think the Rey and kylo segments of the film were amazing.
So era, can you kill it if you have to or do you get stuck in the past to an unhealthy level?

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hated the film, but I loved that quote.

I agree with it, it's super badass, and it's from my favorite Star Wars character of all time.
Kylo Ren is the best :)

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
It's even cooler in the trailer since he's smashing his dork helm when he says it.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i havent seen blackkklansman but adam should have received a nom for TLJ too!

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Loved the Kylo / Rey scenes almost as much as I loved the Yoda scenes.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
That quote did nothing for me and really feels out of place/character when it's delivered.

Darkpyro2

Oct 27, 2017
Kylo Ren is an interesting concept for a character, but extremely poorly executed. He comes across as whiney and annoying, and his quotes as such never tend to stick with me. I'd forgotten he even said this until now, and hell if I can even remember where he said it in the film -- and I've seen both TFA and TLJ several times now.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It goes completely against his previously established Darth Vader worship in TFA, But yeah, it sounds cool.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
The line is fine and all but people just quoting it as a way to deflect criticisms of the movie made me hate it.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Um, you're not actually meant to agree with the delusional psychopath who can't even convince himself that what he's saying is true.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
Um, you're not actually meant to agree with the delusional psychopath who can't even convince himself that what he's saying is true.

Yeah this was more in line with my reading of the line. Kylo is trying to convince himself of something he can't accept. It's not a bad ass line; it's a pathetic self help cry from a man child.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah this was more in line with my reading of the line. Kylo is trying to convince himself of something he can't accept. It's not a bad ass line; it's a pathetic self help cry from a man child.

i mean, he says it where he is practically begging Rey to join him, so yeah, it;s a freaking cry for help

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
actually

i'm a tourist in my own youth

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
People want use that quote to make it seem like that was the message of the film, and the mission statement from Lucasfilm/Disney, when the movie makes it clear you are not supposed to agree with that.

Edited to remove a spoiler.

Oct 27, 2017
To me, this is one of the most badass quotes from a movie in a while. Even with my feelings about canto bight, I still think the Rey and kylo segments of the film were amazing.
So era, can you kill it if you have to or do you get stuck in the past to an unhealthy level?
I hated the film, but I loved that quote.

I agree with it, it's super badass, and it's from my favorite Star Wars character of all time.
Kylo Ren is the best :)
What does badass mean?

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's a cool line but also a terrible attempt at convincing Rey. "Hey, let's murder all your friends"

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It's funny because it's kinda like Kilmonger in the sense that the movie is trying to tell you that this is wrong but somehow it really seems like the right and justified thing to do.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I think I still hate the last jedi but a true truth is a true truth. It's just another perspective on the violent nature of time and the universe as a whole.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
'Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it'.

'And so we beat on, boats against the current, bourne ceaselessly back into the past'.

Respect the past ... or at least after making stupid edgy statements don't immediately afterwards stage a last stand fight between imperial walkers and rebels on an ice planet.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
It's a dumb quote that makes no sense given that it's coming from someone obsessed with Darth Vader and it reads as a shot across the bow at older fans of the franchise. That's besides it sounding like a My Chemical Romance lyric. Pass.

Oct 28, 2017
He's saying it because Snoke made fun of him for exactly that Vader worship and now he's trying to be a big boy who stands on his own. Same reason he took off the mask.

Yea but didn't he bring up this line in the context of Rey asking him why he killed his father? Your read sits better with me because it sounds like he's trying to justify patricide, but it also does dovetail nicely into him smashing his mask and "becoming what he was meant to be."

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
He *was* obsessed with Darth Vader. The whole point of the trilogy is that Kylo Ren is a dynamic villain that swings between a moody youth and a nihilistic threat to the universe... so I think the quote makes sense. It's a good one.

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda also doesn't make sense that Snoke would make fun of him for his Vader worship when Snoke's dialog indicates he was special because he could be a new Vader. Movie suggests that it was Snoke who put that idea into his mind to begin with.

"When I found you I saw what all masters live to see- raw, untamed power. But, beyond that, the potential of your bloodline. A new... Vader."

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda also doesn't make sense that Snoke would make fun of him for his Vader worship when Snoke's dialog indicates he was special because he could be a new Vader. Movie suggests that it was Snoke who put that idea into his mind to begin with.

"When I found you I saw what all masters live to see- raw, untamed power. But, beyond that, the potential of your bloodline. A new... Vader."

It see then the character did the exact opposite of your expectations! So brilliant and edgy. .....

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I loved it, and hopefully not to drudge up the toxic fanboy warz imho did a good job of summing up why the movie was needed in the first place. Hopefully after this third movie we can never hear the last name Skywalker again and can actually get different stories in this universe

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
It was just a slap in the face to the OT fans. Nothing more, nothing less.

It amuses me to see people wish the Skywalkers be buried for eternity. How you are fans in the first place is beyond me, or maybe you love the fact that Disney is destroying lineage importance, even though the history of mankind has everything to do with lineage and its importance.