• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Triple the payout and make it gaurunteed, and I'd do it. $300 is only $10/hour, and I may not even get it.

Edit: Scratch that. I'd want $3,000+.

Last edited:

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lol 30 hours? I'll just take my phone a couple charged phone chargers. My switch and PS4 a small size tv. A wide variety of snacks. Diapers and other toiletries. A suit case for clothing and a second pair of shoes. Also an inflatable chair Incase I get tired of laying down inside the coffin. Maybe a small table to set up inside to place the tv, microwave and mini fridge on top. Then I probably would also bring by dog and his bed and cage so he doesn't get the inside dirty.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Take like 200 mg of those sleep aids, and preload Netflix with TV for the remaining 12 hours after you wake.

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
This is the worst contest ever. If the coffin is closed then it could lead to serious psychological trauma, for basically no reason

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I mean. just fall asleep. makes the time go faster lol

it just doesn't seem worth it if there's no guarantee

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
According to the faq on the website:

Coffin Dweller Requirements:

• Must be 18 years or older and have a photo ID for verification
  • Cannot have any medical condition(s) that would make residing in a coffin for 30 hours a risk to your health or wellbeing.
  • Complete and sign a waiver at check-in
  • Must be able to completely lay in a 2' x 7' coffin
  • Provide your own pillow and sleeping bag or blankets
  • Check in at Six Flags St. Louis by 11:30 am on Saturday, October 13
Six Flags St. Louis will provide:

• Six, deluxe, 2' x 7', slightly used coffins
  • Breakfast in bed…well all meals, snacks and drinks in bed actually
  • One, six-minute bathroom break every hour.
  • Random visits by our Fright Fest Freaks
  • A Six Flags representative will be present at all times
  • Phone charging stations

This is very generous

Can't imagine all of the participants don't make it

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
That sounds like a giant ripoff. $300 for 30 hours? That's $10 an hour. That's less than minimum wage here. You don't even get premium or overtime pay as well.

I'll pay someone $300 to do this and poop in the coffin.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I'd do it for the same rate I make at my actual job, and only if it was guaranteed to be paid; not this drawing bullshit. Otherwise, nah.

Zej

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If more than one participant remains after 30 hours there will be a random drawing for the $300 prize.

IgMyx.gif

Last edited:

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol 30 hours? I'll just take my phone a couple charged phone chargers. My switch and PS4 a small size tv. A wide variety of snacks. Diapers and other toiletries. A suit case for clothing and a second pair of shoes. Also an inflatable chair Incase I get tired of laying down inside the coffin. Maybe a small table to set up inside to place the tv, microwave and mini fridge on top. Then I probably would also bring by dog and his bed and cage so he doesn't get the inside dirty.
Can I come hang out

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people breaking it down by the hour? you normally get paid to sleep all damn day? I mean, that's like taking your daily earning for 8 hours and spreading it out over 24.

Also 2 season passes is over $100 as well. Sounds like they feed you too.

I'd have done it when i was younger.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017

300??

300 motherfucking dollars for torturing yourself for 30 hours. Fuck you assholes

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
Bring phone, battery pack, listen to podcasts and music for as long as possible. After that, watch videos til battery dies. Then take sleeping pills. I think I could do it.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldnt do it only because theres no guarantee to win even if you do the 30 hours. Fuck that.

Otherwise I'd do it, take the $300, sell the rest of the crap and it'd probably make it worth it.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The $300 probably pays for the taxes on the coffin. Those things are expensive. A break every hour makes it seem really doable, though.

Oct 27, 2017
I signed up.

A 6 minute break every hour? There's not gonna be any trauma lol.

What's the word on electronics? Couldn't get official rules on what we could bring in to load on mobile.

300??

300 motherfucking dollars for torturing yourself for 30 hours. Fuck you assholes

How is laying down torture? A SIX MINUTE break every hour. Sounds so easy to the degree of pointlessness really.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
No

I'd do it for $3000 net after taxes and my entrance fee, not for a shot at $300 and some random junk, GTFO with that

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
They'd have to add two zeros to that. Some are really underestimating the claustrophobia and how long 30 hours in an coffin would be/feel.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jokes aside, they are kind with the bathroom breaks and free food. Not to mention charging station.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
This is way too fucking easy which means you'll have six people left and 1/6 odds for the $300.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
If you cough often , a coffin is what they'll carry you off in.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I made the comment that the coffin might be the only plus side, but the cheapness of the whole thing makes me wonder if the coffins are even worth shit. I doubt the payoff would be $300 for one person if the "used" coffins (per the person that posted the details of the contest) had any real value.