• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
If you're going to talk about the benefits of specific products or routines, post your skin as proof. Your purchases are meaningless without results ~
Yo, this is a good idea and if results are good, then it gives confidence to the user and to others to use those products. Thanks for the pic BAD , looking great! Which ones do you use?

Oct 27, 2017
I have eczema so I'm basically fucked but I've had decent results from pure coconut oil. Don't like using any chemicals that shit just makes me feel like the joker.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I don't use any products on my face. My girlfriend has given me products before that I've used, but it sounds like stuff the OP says don't benefit you.

I have pretty big pores on my nose and cheeks, I'm assuming from not giving a damn about my skin. I also have a roughly 2-inch scar near my jaw from a recent accident at work. Any suggestions for helping with pores/getting rid of a scar?

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reading through this and the skincare OP is always confusing and daunting.

Can someone just post links to everything I would need on Amazon that isn't expensive, haha. I don't have the motivation to research skin care. I don't require any special skin care needs (I'm white if that makes a difference for products).

We need like a quick links to everything most people would need on here.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I already got the hook ups from my dermatologist. This skin will stay softer than a baby's ass for the rest of my life.

DonnyHayabusa

Jan 22, 2019
Are there good alternatives to Paula's choice? I'm from Germany and that stuff would cost me like 100€ and that's a little steep without knowing if my face will see improvement. :(

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
I do an 8 step Korean routine. Here are some of my products (not including my sheet masks - don't need to use the Cosrx pads now though as I don't get blemishes anymore really due to my routine and diet):

eOoxHzh.jpg

That's a lot of money in one photo. I do have that BHA and it's pretty good.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Reading through this and the skincare OP is always confusing and daunting.

Can someone just post links to everything I would need on Amazon that isn't expensive, haha. I don't have the motivation to research skin care. I don't require any special skin care needs (I'm white if that makes a difference for products).

We need like a quick links to everything most people would need on here.

Yeah, like you read through the skincare OP and they explain like 4 products in detail so you go 'ok that makes sense' and expect to see some sort of easy recommendation after, but then you get to the last section and they give you routines that involve like 15 products...

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Water and sunscreen on the high UV days do the trick for me most of the time. Will look into some of this stuff tho, get a flare up like twice a month. I think it's 'cause I drool sometimes lol

Deleted member 4413

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, like you read through the skincare OP and they explain like 4 products in detail so you go 'ok that makes sense' and expect to see some sort of easy recommendation after, but then you get to the last section and they give you routines that involve like 15 products...

Yep, a lot of times it's just a brand name given or something too (like the OP of this thread) and when going to Amazon you get a dozen hits of different types of products.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So I have only been using a skin care product for about a month or two now and I cant grasp a single thing said in the OP. So can any one tell me if this is good to use or not?

this

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Wait I'm confused. Fragances don't help OR do fragrances make it worse? For example, if I have a nice aftershave cream that smells really nice, should I stop using it?

moeman

Oct 25, 2017
I've always struggled with Keratosis Pilaris that's really bad on my arms and legs. My face is fine aside from some blackheads. Never been able to figure out how to address the bumpy skin on my extremities.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What're the most important one to three things you should do to take care of your face/skin?

E.g., wash your face with/without soap before bed, put on sunscreen before going out, use a daily moisturizer in the morning?

Nobody's got time for a fifteen product routine.

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
You know what I use? WATER!

and deodorant, and soap for my hands

nothing else. Fukk beauty products, fukk em all to hell.
This.
But no deodorant. I think it smells and i think people start smelling worse without deodorant because they use too much deodorant (if that makes sense)

But yeah fuck beauty products and Fuck corporations for making people think they are necessary

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
After years of "getting away" with 4.5hrs-5 hrs of sleep....it has left me with darkness under my eyes.

I try to get more sleep now (6+ hrs) but how can I get the skin under my eyes how it used to be?

Do cucumbers still work? I hear putting ice on them and sleeping more up right is supposed to work.

Is there any natural cream/product that I can put under there to quickly fix this shit? Shit maybe made of cucumbers?

I like my skin idk

You would benefit greatly from reading the Let's Talk About Skincare OP linked in my post.

This one has actually been studied and PROVEN as damaging.

No it's not. Fragrance, dye, and worst of all: MENTHOL.

No! At minimum it's highly proven that SPF skincare products drastically improve how you age! There are many studied ingredients that show positive benefits for acne and aging.

All right. I've seen your glowing visage now. I'm convinced. I'll read your link and stop using my scrub, I guess.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
So I am not supposed facial scrubs or cleaners with alcohol but then when I apply moisturizer all of a sudden alcohol is fine?

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone wants a relative fuss-free routine, this is what I use:

Morning:
  1. Cleanser - Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser
  2. Moisture Mist - NuSkin; its optional but it adds a nice moisture boost, especially since my skin dries out easily and will flake even with a moisturizer.
  3. Moisturizer - Kiss My Face SPF 30 Sunscreen/ROHTO Skin Aqua Super Moisture Milk (SPF50 PA ++++)
Night:
  1. Cleanser - Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser
  2. Cut a cotton pad in half - use one half for toner and the other for exfoliant.
  3. Toner - Paula's Skin Recovery Calming Toner (SHAKE BEFORE USE)
  4. Exfoliant - Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid
  5. Moisturizer - Rosehip Seed Oil (the Ordinary)
From what I've gathered, the three core components of any routine are: Cleanser, Exfoliant, Moisturizer. Other products like serum and toners do help but aren't HUGELY necessary in the grand scheme of things (though anyone with more knowledge than me, please feel free to correct). My routine generally take five minutes, and no wait time in between each steps. Shout out to Leona Lewis for helping me design a simple but effective skincare routine to keep my face looking FRESH!

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Can you post a picture of your face/skin, please?

I'll maybe do a zoomed in comparison. Just need to look through before pics.

Shout out to Leona Lewis and tabris... about a year ago I mix n matched your posts from that skincare thread and it was a gamechanger for me. Basically every issue that had been plaguing me since I was 15 is now completely gone. Thanks!

Cheers that's awesome to hear!

Can you post what each product is, why you use it and the the steps / instructions for the whole routine?

Here's my most up to date routine:

AM Morning Routine

• Gel Cleanser: Cosrx Good Morning Low Ph Cleanser
  • Toner: Son & Park Beauty Water
  • Mask: Innisfree Volcanic Clay Mask (once every 3-4 days left on for 15 mins)
  • Moisturizer: Cosrx Birch-Sap Moisturizer
  • Sunscreen: Biore UV Aqua Rich
  • Touch Up: Klairs SPF 30+ Illuminating Supple Blemish BB Cream (have to be really white to apply this, I only apply it once every so often)
  • Cologne: Creed Aventus

PM Evening Routine
  • Oil Cleanser: Kose Speedy Oil Cleanser
  • Pre-Toner Exfoliant: Neogen Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Wine (once every 3-4 days)
  • Toner 2: Son & Park Beauty Water
  • Post-Toner Exfoliant: Cosrx AHA or BHA exfoliants (alternative one a day except pre-toner exfoliant day)
  • Essence: Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence Moist
  • Ampoule: Time Revolution Night Repair Borabit Ampoule
  • Mask: I have a bunch of different ones but my favourite ones: My Beauty Diary Black Pearl, Tony Moly Snail, Tony Moly Green Tea, Tony Moly Aloe, Tony Moly Skin Propolis etc
  • Moisturizer: Missha Snail Cream or Missha Blanc Tone-Up Cream
  • Eye Cream: Missha Time Revolution Eye Cream

Jan 11, 2019
You don't have to have a 15-part regimen to make use of good beauty products.

My job requires a lot of hand washing and touching things that dry out my hands. I have to moisturize to counter that. It also has me outside for a few hours a day, so I need to protect my skin from the sun. Regular sunscreen, even if it claims to be for the face, is fine on my arms but it feels awful on my face and has caused breakouts in the past. A quality facial moisturizer with SPF 30 actually feels nice and does the job.

I started taking a medication off and on a few years ago that was followed by occasional cystic acne. I'd been using a good soap on my face, but it couldn't tackle this. I haven't seen so much of a hint of anything on my face since I switched to the cleanser I use.

Yes I use a special cream on my hands that I need for to adress severe dermatology-problems. But that ain't no "beauty" product. Also I totally get why you'd use something to adress your severe acne. I also had to adress my dandruff at some point. But for everything I don't need to adress as a problem, water it is.

This is a weird take.

Kind of like the "fuck sunscreen" crowd.

I use sunscreen.

Not even soap on your ass

Indeed my man. Not even soap on my ass.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
Yes I use a special cream on my hands that I need for to adress severe dermatology-problems. But that ain't no "beauty" product. Also I totally get why you'd use something to adress your severe acne. I also had to adress my dandruff at some point. But for everything I don't need to adress as a problem, water it is.

I don't have severe acne. I have infrequent cystic acne.

The idea of only addressing problems, and not trying to improve on anything is a weird one to me. It'd be like eating solely for nutrition.

If you're going to groom yourself and keep up with your hygiene, why not use that time to do it well or improve on things?

Thoughts on Rodan + Fields?

MLM, aka pyramid scheme. The company preys on people to recruit their friends and family into losing money and for that reason alone I'd never support them.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
This.
But no deodorant. I think it smells and i think people start smelling worse without deodorant because they use too much deodorant (if that makes sense)

But yeah fuck beauty products and Fuck corporations for making people think they are necessary

You do realize that some of these products do help clear skin conditions and/or just help people look younger right?

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK

AM Morning Routine

• Touch Up: Klairs SPF 30+ Illuminating Supple Blemish BB Cream (have to be really white to apply this, I only apply it once every so often)

PM Evening Routine
  • Post-Toner Exfoliant: Cosrx AHA or BHA exfoliants (alternative one a day except pre-toner exfoliant day)
  • Mask: I have a bunch of different ones but my favourite ones: My Beauty Diary Black Pearl, Tony Moly Snail, Tony Moly Green Tea, Tony Moly Aloe, Tony Moly Skin Propolis etc
That's quite intense, but it fits the American Psycho persona. How much time out of a day does this take?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Shout out to Leona Lewis and tabris... about a year ago I mix n matched your posts from that skincare thread and it was a gamechanger for me. Basically every issue that had been plaguing me since I was 15 is now completely gone. Thanks!
What did you have? Acne?

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Question about when you say physical scrubs are terrible for your skin. Do you mean only the exfoliating lotions for your face, or is the Japanese Salux nylon washcloths bad for your skin as well? I just recently switch to it from a recommendation from a random thread here though I don't use it on my face.

I really need to at least make applying sunscreen into a routine as I have recently started biking to work which has had me outside much more than I used to be. I think I'll try out a few of the products mentioned here to and see if i can get my face looking better.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Question about when you say physical scrubs are terrible for your skin. Do you mean only the exfoliating lotions for your face, or is the Japanese Salux nylon washcloths bad for your skin as well? I just recently switch to it from a recommendation from a random thread here though I don't use it on my face.

I really need to at least make applying sunscreen into a routine as I have recently started biking to work which has had me outside much more than I used to be. I think I'll try out a few of the products mentioned here to and see if i can get my face looking better.

Typically speaking, abrasives shouldn't be used that much on your skin. Having said that, mild exfoliation from acids is probably the best route.

I do occasionally use a rose sugar scrub on my skin, but the benefits usually give way to over-exposed and irritated skin after a few days.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
That's quite intense, but it fits the American Psycho persona. How much time out of a day does this take?

5 or 20 (if masking) minutes in the morning, 20 minutes in the evening. I'll just be reading Era, watching youtube, playing video games, whatever during the 15 mins I'm leaving my mask on. It's so easy.

RandomDazed

Oct 27, 2017

AM Morning Routine

PM Evening Routine

Holy shit.

Do you have the skin of an angel?

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
The op is saying the truth. Another otc that works is one of those store brand that copies clean&clear blackhead erasing scrub. Here is the kicker though: it's not the heads that makes it work. It's the salicylic acid. If you can find an alternative then do so. But these are widely available in a pinch. But the caveat is that these have those dreaded plastic beads. I've been telling clean and clear to remove those stupid beads.

Another thing that works is retinoids if you are able to get a prescription.

Everything else is just fluff.

Last edited:

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Oh and as mentioned several times in this thread - avoid the sun / always sunscreen. It's the number 1 influence on skin. 2 is genetics. 3 is how you treat it. You can change 1 and 3.

Now you don't need to be this crazy or anything, but try to make common sense decisions around sun exposure:

https://i./i/pix/2016/07/14/11/3642DF3F00000578-3689865-image-m-51_1468491054078.jpg

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
I don't use a lot of skincare but goddammit I have defense soap and just bought some cremo, and they both have menthol.

Sigh, next time I restock I'll know.

Oct 25, 2017
I use

1. Cetaphil facial cleanser
2. OXY 5% BP acne cream
3. Aveeno Dry skin moisturizer
4. SPF60 Neutrogena sunscreen (AM only)

They all cost about $5-$12 each. The sunscreen I get from Costco in the summer. They come in bulk and I get 6 and that lasts me until next summer.

I haven't exfoliated in a year, I really need to get back into it. It's just that the 10% glycolic acid I used to use was advertised as a body lotion, and was sold in a 255ml bottle for $35. I used it exclusively on my face and it lasted me for years. It has since been discontinued, and all the other AHAs I see cost $50 for small 35ml tubs. T_T

Last edited:

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Really bad combination skin, oily in some areas, dry in other areas, flaking, blackheads, random pimples. It was manageable for the most part, but those posts pretty much got it leveled out and it's no longer something I worry about.
Shoot me a PM on what you did for blackheads.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Shoot me a PM on what you did for blackheads.

I'll put my routine here for everyone, it's pretty quick and easy.

Am:
Cosrx good morning gel cleanser
Cosrx moisture up pad
Paula's choice sunscreen/moisturizer

Pm:
Vanicream facial cleanser
Alternate daily between Cosrx AHA and Cosrx BHA
Ordinary Buffet serum

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
I'll put my routine here for everyone, it's pretty quick and easy.

Am:
Cosrx good morning gel cleanser
Cosrx moisture up pad
Paula's choice sunscreen/moisturizer

Pm:
Vanicream facial cleanser
Alternate daily between Cosrx AHA and Cosrx BHA
Ordinary Buffet serum
thanks!