• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
54df2af8-d8cc-44d9-ao5ksi.jpeg

I suspect this church might be a tardis, because it certainly looks like it's bigger on the inside. Either that or Cloud and Aeris are suffering from having wildly fluctuating body sizes.

That was my first thought as well, especially having just watched an FFVII speedrun VoD from a GDQ. I don't remember any other backgrounds that were so wildly out of proportion in that game.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
I can't find an exact screenshot of it anymore, but in Descent 3 your ship was tiny in relation to the environment. There was a level when you had to extract a prisoner from a space prison, and if you went into 3rd person the ship you were in barely came up to the guy's waist.

He was in one of the cells you can see in this corridor, IIRC.

Descent3_image17.jpg

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Anyone got a pic of classic Final Fantasies where when you fight a human enemy like the soldiers in 6 and for some reason their fucking massive giants?
Always bothered me despite loving the games.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Anyone got a pic of classic Final Fantasies where when you fight a human enemy like the soldiers in 6 and for some reason their fucking massive giants?
Always bothered me despite loving the games.
The opposite happens too, where an enemy that looks giant in the overworld has to scale down in battle or else you wouldn't be able to see the whole sprite/model.

Final Fantasy X-2 had this in spades, especially with those golem-like enemies.
My answer:

There's no way these 'planets' are exuding that level of gravity:

super-mario-bros-taught-me-to-be-the-best-and-more-lessons-from-the-mushroom-kingdom-750-body-image-1441782417.jpg
Well, at least the pic you're showing here has a black hole in it lol. That would definitely be a strong gravitational force.