• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel also did a bunch of special cover gimmick months. I remember the month where all the covers were just faces and another month where there was a notification on each cover that said "Beware It's Assistant Editor month" or something to that effect.

DC did the face thing too (these postcards were taken from some of those covers):

1270371416.0.x.jpg

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I had so many of these.

Damn basement flooding.

zcrje4M.jpg

Couldn't find a better picture of this. But it was old Batman on a cutaway, and then you open to reveal new shiny Batman

Olorin

Oct 27, 2017
Don't remember if this was a gimmicky cover (I think it had a neon-glow to it) but it was very striking in comic shops

clean.jpg

OP
OP
Bengraven

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
4515258.jpg
I remember my dad had a couple of these Marvels issues with Alex Ross art. The covers were clear plastic with the reversed title text, and the inside page was the fill image.

These looked so beautiful.

Being an hour from a comic shop, we only got whatever the local department store, gas stations, drug stores, or food stores got on their shelves. You could rely on Spider-Man and X-men books, sometimes DC and Image but for some reason every Malibu book.

But these were only at the LCBS and they sold out almost immediately. I believe the reprints were notmal covers. The only time I saw one of these were on the wall of the comic store with a mark up.

That cover is gross on so many different levels.

I can't help but want to ask about the fluid on Black Cat's chest. But I don't want to know but why did they think that would fly but but but

I loved the X-Men Prime cover back in the day.

This one pissed me off for two reasons:

I didn't dig the art (my fault)

My cover came from the comic delivery service with a weird warped bend on it.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
God damn, I had like 75% of the covers in this thread, lol. Loved the 4 Superman covers that were a cut out of the S symbol for the Steel, Superboy, Cyborg, and Eradicator Supermen.

But how has this one not been posted yet???

rnCHrQ0.jpg

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
lZBZrEvvmbyrmF2ocyrLfYySV3aekeTMLWtf1MBW4-Fd0Xc44KZcI5Sko73zJFQ_tseMWkSV3n75rYdTmt1s_aab0_3JjwFFcxQM_RgwmIElgnA1fUy1Wiky7EXxBCe3kv0mYj4

Halloween costume cover

97D_Y_i0zITnT5fGoEcu78uMfW4mkBn5pKZRvSfGCLzDlcDS3E6UMIO1ZcM5j_-YMMBw7Vxo1uRZeTFhX6aKY8nQap87RAvAjOJr8AFI6QkfFsgJRhAk9tawhBjQOR7ScfYnr4s

3D Pop Up cover

iSiybfu0rw05HaZbeq-rHjxHL4OTcFMOU8HqdrTbCS4XTIaCVWq9OQfXMHRgQANClcSOX63fKBnqU2fJwd7PWaEw4ApO0XuzsfH6dF9hXD7YwSGxsV1pPDFofaaGpFkteryOX6E

Glow In the Dark

K-X4hj5fSCVc241ZFlXFY8ndS5cPm5Tz_SFiCIO3n5czPJNOKl6CLskMp5ZU-NreAK6AUKBa5oyX6T6b9eyw3G9bb8afR2EQwU0zJFPAjZX4mGRW4bEGzcLE2hwzCpwTnhFfrJM

Animated/Lenticular

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
To avoid continuing to sound like a broken record(because I have all the variants of X-Men 1 and the Sleepwalker comic)
I also have all the original trades of Age of Apocalypse, that look like this.

s-l500.jpg