• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What kind of tacos do you prefer?

• Al Pastor (marinated pork)

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Chicken

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Beef

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Carnitas (Shredded Pork)

Votes: 29 19.2%
  • Lengua (Beef tongue)

Votes: 22 14.6%
  • Steak

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Chorizo

Votes: 10 6.6%

• Total voters

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Our family is fortunate enough to live near a treasure trove of amazing local Mexican restaurants. And today, we decided to have carry out from one of our favorite places.

These are lengua tacos:

beef-tacos-de-lengua-horiz-b-1600.jpg

So tender and flavorful!

What about you? What's your preference in terms of tacos?

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ate Al Pastor tacos almost every day when I was staying in Oaxaca, and they're the GOAT.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
Can't go wrong with any of those. I always choose at least one carnitas, although I enjoy a sampler when I go to taco trucks.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
al pastor

lengua is a strong contender though

also, shout out to fish tacos, unfairly excluded from this poll

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Once again my choice is not on the poll. Cabeza, specifically from the cheek, is very yummy. Tongue properly prepared is my second choice.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have to try them I love beef tongue at Basque joints and Japanese Teppanyaki. It's very hard to get it right though; if the chef doesn't know what they're doing to tenderize it tongue is gag inducing and revolting.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
al pastor

lengua is a strong contender though

also, shout out to fish tacos, unfairly excluded from this poll
Actual best isn't listed (barbacoa and rice with chicken and mole verde)
Once again my choice is not on the poll. Cabeza, specifically from the cheek, is very yummy. Tongue properly prepared is my second choice.

Limited poll options. I'm sorry. :/

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
My Guatemalan wife introduced me to lengua tacos years ago and I gotta say... you ain't wrong, OP. They're like extra beefy and tender. Pretty fuckin' amazing. I do like chorizo and carne asada tacos, too.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Mexican food is pretty meh but I do like carnitas. More for breakfast with an over easy egg.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of beef tongue texture or flavor. I voted Carnitas since its the best I've had. Haven't had Al pastor, but I'm sure I'd like it a lot.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Al pastor for sure.

I remember eating fairly regularly at a mexican spot, but mostly just getting asada and chicken, and the occasional shrimp. Then one day I tried al pastor on a whim, and god damn.

It's once in a blue moon that I ever touch asada now. Al pastor has been the default ever since for me.

I'm definitely a wimp when it comes to stuff like lengua, buche, or tripe... I'm sure they're delicious, but knowing what they are just puts me off. One day I'll try some of them, though. And when it comes to meat, I'm super particular when it comes to texture. Anything that's too mushy or chewy is instantly nauseating. Even when eating steak, I tend to give the super fatty portions to my girlfriend because I just hate that texture with meat. I remember once watching someone eat buche (I think?) at another mexican spot I go to, and just seeing the texture of it as he chewed it was off-putting.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
Lengua is up there, but it's hard to find a local place that makes decent lengua around here (south side of Chicago). I made it in a sous vide a few months ago and it turned out pretty great.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Asada, pastor and chorizo are the old dependable, hard to fuck up at most half decent taco trucks/places and compliment each other well.

Lengua, Buche and trips are amazing when done right, but I usually stick to places I know for those, as i've had my share of bland or bad ones.

Had some amazing campechano tacos at this hold in the wall at the zocalo in mexico city last year.

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
I towards ensenada fish if it's on the menu. Chandos in Sactown is the only reason I'm down to see the wife's family anytime.

La Taqueria's carne asada and shrimp super el Dorado tacos are a close second.

SF is disgusting with it's depth of options.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Pastor is where it's at, but the best move is to just get one of every one of your favorites. Or at least as many as you're hungry enough for.

Also where my taco de tripas at.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Steak is poorly under-represented in the poll results. It's very hard to fuck up a carne asada, whereas I've had some weak ass lengua

Asada, pastor and chorizo are the old dependable, hard to fuck up at most half decent taco trucks/places and compliment each other well.

Lengua, Buche and trips are amazing when done right, but I usually stick to places I know for those, as i've had my share of bland or bad ones.

Had some amazing campechano tacos at this hold in the wall at the zocalo in mexico city last year.

This man ^ gets it.

My usual favorite is the fish taco - there's just a different style to it compared to the more savory pork/beef/chicken that gives it a little more freshness and flavor.

Though, my GOAT taco was a chicharrón taco. Shit was so good AND likely so bad for me that should have gone to confession after.

JaY P.

Oct 27, 2017
Paradise
For me, Carnitas that have a little crisp on the outside are my favorite. But Lengua, Chicharon, Al Pastor, and suadero are a very close second. Tacos in general are amazing. I like to get 5 different tacos at a time when possible.

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
Pastor. When they're good, they're really damn good. But, really, you can't go wrong with almost any option.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
None of those (they're all awesome though).

Tacos de guisado are number one. Tacos de canasta are number two.