• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks hella cool. Probably try to get it next month (and it'll be my only "for fun" purchase with that price tag), hopefully giving enough time for some build videos to come out.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017

Lego's actual value hasn't changed that much, it's more or less 10 cents a piece, but.....

For the volume of stuff there is, probably $150 max. The pieces are mostly very small and shouldn't count as .10 cents per piece like usual.

..... therein lies the rub. The pieces keep getting smaller and smaller, which is amazing for detail, texture, and custom builds. But it does make the sets seem less impactful for their prices. The Stranger Things set doesn't have the impact of some of the older modulars and stuff that were a similar price, but the piece count is there.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Nope :( I hope we get him in a CMF series or another set down the line if this does well.

I suspect Netflix has underestimated the draw of redeemed Steve.

First season Steve, no one would have cared if he got offed. Dude could have had Barb's fate and he might have got a shrug.

Season two Steve was a badass older friend to the kids. True redemption arc, esp with his line about being a better babysitter.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Impressive, and very creative. Can't really pay that price, specially when it'll probably cost 320 usd in my country.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
$200 for 2200 pieces isn't too bad.

I've heard several times from Lego collectors that the standard is around 10 cents per piece, and anything less than that is a decent deal.
I got my kid a ninjago movie 1500 piece set and I think MSRP was 99.00 (bought on sale for 69.99). So that seems right.

Lego toys are the best though. Far more durable than other toys out there. They will last. Same with Dulpo.

Edit: I went to Comicpolooza this weekend. Minifigs were being sold from like 3 to 5 dollars each. And if you got more you got a discount.
I got like 18 figurines for 60 bucks. Seems crazy but if you wanted all those figures with sets the price would be astronomical.

I don't know if they were all Lego to be honest though. I saw Mega Man, Mario, Sonic, and DBZ figures. I feel like those have never been officially licensed by Lego.

Last edited:

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Ignorance and condescension won't earn you any cool points in this thread. Don't be a douchebag.

I'm not hurling insults to anyone directly over this over priced hunk of consumer show piece junk from a show that frankly isn't all that great beyond the nostalgia factor which I'm a bit to young to get.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not hurling insults to anyone directly over this over priced hunk of consumer show piece junk from a show that frankly isn't all that great beyond the nostalgia factor which I'm a bit to young to get.

Please don't PM me and reply here, too. You're insulting people and being condescending. If you don't care to be called out on it, go somewhere else or fight the urge to reply in the thread.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
It's up on Lego Online Stores, but currently VIP only and limited to 2 per order.

Oct 27, 2017
My wife has the PEZ set. We thought about getting this, but then realize we couldn't exclude our kid from the fun...still too young to watch the show though.

Very creative idea with the trees being the stands, but unlike some other licensed Lego sets there's not all that much in the way of story moments here. A decent Lego display piece, though!

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
We get 20% discounts on Lego all the time at German retailers so this set will be 160€ after 6 months or so. Still expensive, but a little bit more reasonable.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

You've got some self awareness issues if you don't see the problem with this reply. It's also not the first reply that gives this impression too.