• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Here's a quick and dirty comparison of the Empire ending scene.

PSmbv3p.gif
66fe13J.gif

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is called the "complete saga" for a reason, we don't need anything else, "skywalker Saga" stretches the story to places we don't want.

header.jpg

I can wait until it's ridiculously cheap on steam to get it to play through the first six episodes and see if Lego made the sequel trilogy more playable though.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
This is called the "complete saga" for a reason, we don't need anything else, "skywalker Saga" stretches the story to places we don't want.

header.jpg

I can wait until it's ridiculously cheap on steam to get it to play through the first six episodes and see if Lego made the sequel trilogy more playable though.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

header.jpg

Or maybe it'll be a fun new game?

Prequels weren't good movies but they still had some fun LEGO levels.

This is a new game. What a bizarre hang up to have. I'm not sure I see the point in directing your frustration at the sequels at a Lego game.

And man, I 100%ed this game a couple years ago. It...has not aged as well as some of the others.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017

header.jpg

I love that game but it hasn't age too well XD
In fact both of them are the first Lego games by TT. You can always just play the new one and stop at Episode 6.

savageturnip

Oct 28, 2017
Gameplay looks far more advanced than the old games, has this had coop confirmed as it's one of the only games I can convince my wife to play and it would be a shame if it wasn't full coop like the older games.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Wait, is this a package of all the old games brought together or are they making this whole 9 movie game from the groundup?

I only played the original Lego Star wars, it was tons of fun. When did they introduce voice acting?

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Pirates of The Carribean is my number 1 Lego game still, the miming and mouth sounds and mumbling were the best.

My PEOPLE

Best fucking game in the series. It nailed everything. Sweet spot of old style and new polish. So many clever puzzles and great easter eggs. That game was pure joy. Best lego game. It helped that I like Pirates but man that game is so good.

Wait, is this a package of all the old games brought together or are they making this whole 9 movie game from the groundup?

As far as I am able to tell, this is a fully remake, but I can't find confirmation. I thought for sure they said that. Hopefully someone else has a source.

I only played the original Lego Star wars, it was tons of fun. When did they introduce voice acting?

Lego LOTR.

It's ROUGH. They took the voice lines straight out of the movie and abridged them. Boy is it the furthest thing from elegant. It's so awkward. Pretty good game tho I guess.

EDIT: ah forgot about Lego Batman 2. At least in that game it's wholely original, so it's not as weird as the movie rips that started with LOTR. Still do not like it. The humor is less funny because they rely on the not very good dialogue jokes.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields

Groundup and voice acting was introduced with Lego Batman 2 in 2012. VA is kinda my only gripe. Was funnier with the muffled grunts and yells.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
The latter. Gameplay is pretty different too, third person open world game, can visit all the planets from the 9 movies. Sounds pretty ambitious and cool.

whoa, where did you see the open world with all planets tidbit?

Full remake of all the original games + the newer movies added too.

We haven't gotten confirmation of the spin-offs officially right?

There was a Rogue One physical Lego set that referenced the game though I think. This was a while back.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

header.jpg

heh heh sequels bad right guys? Heh heh

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
If you saw the E3 demo, you'd realize this is a ridiculously large scoped title.

This is NOT simply a hub-world with 9 episodes you jump into, following a map of reproducing scenes.

It's a GTA-style open world across the entire galaxy of Star Wars. There's no longer scrolling cameras. It's an over-the-shoulder game where you accept missions on each planet to go through the films in any order you want. This is closer to Ubisoft's Starlink than any other Lego game.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I love the LEGO games, but the LEGO Star Wars titles were always my faves. Shame about the delay, but I'll be grabbing this on PS5 for sure. They're just always such fun comfort food style games. Me and my ex-wife would have a lot of fun playing through them. We'd obsessively collect all of the kit pieces and gold bricks, and red bricks, and it was just a lot of fun. I've only passed on a few of them, but the Star Wars, HP, DC, and Marvel LEGO titles have always been a good time.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great. Game of the show tbh. Was gonna wait for a sale but depending on when it releases I might get it day one.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm such a fan of the old Lego games, and Lego Star Wars specifically, that all this talk of open worlds and such has me a little worried. I hope it's not too big of a departure from the tried and true original formulas. But then, I haven't played some of the more recent Lego titles, so I think the things I'm worried about have been part of the franchise for a while. Either way, excited by the potential!

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The voice acting comments are kinda hilarious but understandable.
This isn't even the first Lego Star Wars to have voiced dialogue, let alone the first lego game.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I know some people were curious, but the developers said that this is a complete remake of the entire saga, not a remaster of the original LEGO Star Wars games we've gotten in the past. They told us that at the behind closed door demo at E3 last year. I'm not sure if they've done any interviews since, since news on this game has been pretty sparse for the past year.

On the gameplay front, one of the things they showed off that I thought was really cool was the revamped shooting mechanics. You can actually aim and shoot TPS style, which looked really cool. Although, it's definitely possible that that could have changed over the past year, so don't hold it to them if it got reworked to the "classic" way they handled blasters. I can't recall if both ways to shoot things were shown off, but I just remember that aspect sticking out to me as a nice improvement to the blaster class characters.

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is it safe to assume that the content from a given film in this game is stretched thinner than a previous lego star wars game that might be from just that movie or that movie's trilogy?

I played one of them way way back. Every time I thought about trying it again another lego star wars game was coming out and I always was wondering about the above.

Oct 29, 2017
The voice acting comments are kinda hilarious but understandable.
This isn't even the first Lego Star Wars to have voiced dialogue, let alone the first lego game.

Yeah I'm picking up that a lot of people have apparently skipped a generation+ of Lego games.

What even was the last Lego game without voice acting? Harry Potter 5-7? That was back in 2011.