• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait! I love the LEGO games. October gives me plenty of time to work through my backlog of the ones I hadn't finished.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Dear Whoever Is Doing The Music,

Please include unreleased material from the films. Like you did for LEGO The Force Awakens.

Sincerely,
A Guy Who Really Likes John Williams

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never played a LEGO game. Are they typically long? How long are the Harry Potter ones? Replayability?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never played a LEGO game. Are they typically long? How long are the Harry Potter ones? Replayability?
Generally around 10-15 hours each easily going into the 30's and 40's if you go for 100%. As far as replayability goes, once you beat a stage you unlock free play for it. Free play allows you to use any character you've unlocked (and the games have a ton, this game in particular will have over 400). To go with your Harry Potter example, want to compete in the Tri Wizard Tournament with Gilderoy Lockhart? You can. As for why you'd want to do that, there are collectibles in each stage, some of which require abilities from characters you won;t have during the main story.

The games also have massive hubs. In this one you can visit a variety of planets and explore them, while the Harry Potter games have a fully explorable Hogwarts, Lego Jurassic World has both the park from the original film as well as the park from Jurassic World, etc, etc.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Generally around 10-15 hours each easily going into the 30's and 40's if you go for 100%. As far as replayability goes, once you beat a stage you unlock free play for it. Free play allows you to use any character you've unlocked (and the games have a ton, this game in particular will have over 400). To go with your Harry Potter example, want to compete in the Tri Wizard Tournament with Gilderoy Lockhart? You can. As for why you'd want to do that, there are collectibles in each stage, some of which require abilities from characters you won;t have during the main story.

The games also have massive hubs. In this one you can visit a variety of planets and explore them, while the Harry Potter games have a fully explorable Hogwarts, Lego Jurassic World has both the park from the original film as well as the park from Jurassic World, etc, etc.
Great. Thank you.

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if they will be able to salvage TROS like they did the prequels.

Oh it's open world? Bummer, I just gotta get the previous saga then.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Leaked title screen shot, apparently. Looks great.

EeQgt-LUYAIds4h

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I heard that you can apparently set it so that the characters mumble and stuff instead of talking like the old games, is that true?

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I really like that picture. I wonder 8f the october 20th date is still good, they haven't showed anything about the game yet, it's worrying.

Also, it will be a shame if Rey doesn't have a double bladed yellow lightsaber at the end. It was so obvious in the movie that it was a double bladed weapon, plus she is already proficient with the staff so it just makes sense for her.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Finally a release date!

I saw the behind closed doors demo at E3 last year, and the game looked incredibly impressive. I love the LEGO games from TT, but the Star Wars ones were always my faves. From what I saw of this one, it really does look like the best LEGO game yet. October feels like a ways away, but the way this year has been going, it'll be October before we realize it!

EDIT: I just realized this thread is months old, and I can't believe I missed the release date announcement back then XD XD

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
The way people were talking about this game made it sound like the biggest leap of the series since they went open world with batman 2. Hopefully we will see gameplay soon to judge for ourselves.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I heard that you can apparently set it so that the characters mumble and stuff instead of talking like the old games, is that true?

I r my hope this is true. The choice to move dialogue to clips from the movies really takes me out of the experience. It honestly makes it feel less immersive than the mumbles where you can interpret what they're saying in your head.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
There's Tony Hawk's Remastered and then there's this

The only 2 remaining unreleased this gen games I'm going to buy, barring mad PSN sale discounts but my backlog is ready to tide me over

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
God I am hyped for this.

The Lego game developers are pretty good. Nearly all the games have been good to great, with only a few that were mediocre. The biggest problem in recent years has just been the number and volume that they churned them out. Even then Lego City Undercover was easily an 8.5/10 game. This one seems to have much more time and money put into it so I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My kids are going nuts over the lack of news on this game.

I really hope they start getting some trailers/ gameplay out soon.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
God I am hyped for this.

The Lego game developers are pretty good. Nearly all the games have been good to great, with only a few that were mediocre. The biggest problem in recent years has just been the number and volume that they churned them out. Even then Lego City Undercover was easily an 8.5/10 game. This one seems to have much more time and money put into it so I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Agreed. They hit a saturation point with so many coming out each year that they started to feel run of the mill and I became bored of them. But now that they've slowed back down I feel the quality has gone back up and I'm on board again. DC Villains was fantastic. One a year seems to be the sweet spot and I'm glad they're back at that.

Bartis

Dec 30, 2017
I really hope they succeed in putting the Lego games back on the rails with this one. I was quite disappointed with most of this generation's Lego titles, compared to those on Xbox 360/PS3. Performance issues, bugs, level design,... the formula stuck a little too hard. I've played every game since the first one. I'm mostly enjoying the older titles now.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Agreed. They hit a saturation point with so many coming out each year that they started to feel run of the mill and I became bored of them. But now that they've slowed back down I feel the quality has gone back up and I'm on board again. DC Villains was fantastic. One a year seems to be the sweet spot and I'm glad they're back at that.
Yup, and even at saturation with so many coming out, I dunno that I can think of a single entry that was a bad game. Some were definitely way more mediocre than others, and performance took a hit in some platforms, but none were really ever bad.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
I've basically promised my nephew this for Christmas, if they delay it past there I'm in trouble 😨 (preferably stick to Oct so I can play it first before handing it over would be nice too 😉 ).