• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame they couldn't release it in Octemblust, the 20th month.

Very glad to finally have a release date for this though.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn that's a lot further away than I'd have hoped for considering it was announced last E3. Oh well, already preordered and looking forward to it.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
October it is then! Now to decide which platform to get it on. How is the performance of the LEGO games on the Switch?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good, guessing it'll be a launch title for the new consoles too like Lego Marvel was for the current gen

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Though it's a shame that it's just missing the Canadian Thanksgiving. Would be a great game to play with relatives.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting details from the article on StarWars.com

--you can start playing at any film in the saga
--hundreds of playable characters (how are you going to select one in the menus?)
--Yaddle confirmed playable
--Luke/Kylo fight will be included

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hyped

October is a long while off though and interesting timing - usually crowded and the next gen hype will be in play. Hope it doesn't get lost in the stampede

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
My most anticipated game right now ! I expected it would be 2021 since we still hadn't seen anything... Apparently we will get some news in the summer. Just a couple of months before release, that's very strange.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I am very interested but how much will I miss if I don't play anything from episode IX? Like how much content will that comprise?

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Weird, I thought the blog post the other day said Summer. Either way, this will make for a nice change of pace.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
WB isn't publishing Cyberpunk. They're just distributing it.
True. But that's still money in their pockets. Put it this way, if Batman ain't revealed by the end of this Summer Games Fest thing then I think we can put it on good faith that it ain't dropping this year. Don't forget, we're still in a major pandemic and we ain't got a clue how that's affected their development.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
True. But that's still money in their pockets. Put it this way, if Batman ain't revealed by the end of this Summer Games Fest thing then I think we can put it on good faith that it ain't dropping this year. Don't forget, we're still in a major pandemic and we ain't got a clue how that's affected their development.

We do. Geoff Ellenor, the game's director, said that they're still gearing out good stuff and that even though he misses the studio, he can't remember why they need a studio. So it sounds like development is going well. If development is still going well and WB planned to release it this year then there's no reason to not release it. Especially when big games like Cyberpunk and Assassins Creed are still releasing this year.

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
October it is then! Now to decide which platform to get it on. How is the performance of the LEGO games on the Switch?
Other LEGO games aren't too hot (LEGO City Undercover in handheld mode made me want to gouge my eyes out due to the framerate) but the devs made a point that they were going to put a lot of effort into this one's Switch version, I guess we'll have to see.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
We do. Geoff Ellenor, the game's director, said that they're still gearing out good stuff and that even though he misses the studio, he doesn't understand why they need a studio. So it sounds like development is going well. If development is still going well and WB planned to release it this year then there's no reason to not release it. Especially when big games like Cyberpunk and Assassins Creed are still releasing this year.
Just because they're churning out good shit doesn't mean the process hasn't been slowed down. I'm also not saying they're in "dev trouble", just that they're having to deal with the pandemic situation just like everyone else. Those two things are mutually exclusive.

And to your second point, that's another reason to push it, if they wanted to. A ton of games already got moved to fall (Avengers, Cyberpunk, who knows what else) so it's getting kinda crowded. I know you want the game badly, but from a business perspective it makes sense to move it. Again, I ain't saying any of that will happen, but the odds are in its favor.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Can't wait for open-world LEGO Star Wars. According to the design director, you can travel from orbit to other planets, land inside star destroyers and fully explore them, all without loading screens. Sounds incredible.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Just because they're churning out good shit doesn't mean the process hasn't been slowed down. I'm also not saying they're in "dev trouble", just that they're having to deal with the pandemic situation just like everyone else. Those two things are mutually exclusive.

And to your second point, that's another reason to push it, if they wanted to. A ton of games already got moved to fall (Avengers, Cyberpunk, who knows what else) so it's getting kinda crowded. I know you want the game badly, but from a business perspective it makes sense to move it. Again, I ain't saying any of that will happen, but the odds are in its favor.

If they push it back then they would have to push Harry Potter and Rocksteady's game back too and it would just mess up their whole schedule. They supposedly plan to release Rocksteady's game pretty soon after Batman. And if they push Batman back, then they'd have to release both in the same year plus Harry Potter too potentially and I doubt they'll do that.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Besides Lego Star Wars they got Cyberpunk also dropping in September. If Batman dropped in November that'd be 3 games back to back to back. Idk any publisher that's done that or would ever do that.
Back-to-back months of releases are not abnormal for large publishers like a Nintendo or Ubisoft

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
If they push it back then they would have to push Harry Potter and Rocksteady's game back too and it would just mess up their whole schedule. They supposedly plan to release Rocksteady's game pretty soon after Batman. And if they push Batman back, then they'd have to release both in the same year plus Harry Potter too potentially and I doubt they'll do that.
Both Suicide Squad and Harry Potter are next gen only games. Those ain't coming until at least next year, maybe even longer. I'm only saying Batman dropping next year is a possibility, especially with everything that's going on.
The only Arkham game that didn't release extremely close to a Lego game is Asylum. So I wouldn't take this as the evidence that the new Batman game won't release this year.
It wasn't just the lego game. They also are distributing Cyberpunk in America.
Back-to-back months of releases are not abnormal for large publishers like a Nintendo or Ubisoft
But have they done back-to-back-to-back?

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah WB typically doesn't release enough games in one year to be forced into a back-to-back release schedule lol
I mean have other publishers done it lol

Cyberpunk and Lego Star Wars are two big games. No doubt they'll do really well, but fall 2020 is fucking PACKED and we haven't even seen the rest of the games yet.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I mean have other publishers done it lol

Cyberpunk and Lego Star Wars are two big games. No doubt they'll do really well, but fall 2020 is fucking PACKED and we haven't even seen the rest of the games yet.
Nintendo in 2019 did Link's Awakening in Sep > Luigi's Mansion 3 > Pokemon in November, three big games

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I am very interested but how much will I miss if I don't play anything from episode IX? Like how much content will that comprise?

Game has all 9 films with an equal number of levels for each (I think I read 4 or 5 missions each), and each one opening up its featured planet for exploration in the open world between missions. So you'd be missing a few missions, a few locations, a few characters, probably about 1/9th of the game's content I suppose.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Game has all 9 films with an equal number of levels for each (I think I read 4 or 5 missions each), and each one opening up its featured planet for exploration in the open world between missions. So you'd be missing a few missions, a few locations, a few characters, probably about 1/9th of the game's content I suppose.
Potentially, I am just worried they might sacrifice some content from a game or two to try to promote the most recent film.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Potentially, I am just worried they might sacrifice some content from a game or two to try to promote the most recent film.

Very doubtful, the hype for that movie is over (and the backlash was massive), and besides, like I said, all movies will have same number of levels. They will probably feature the new movies more prominently in the marketing material but I wouldn't worry too much about the actual game's contents.