• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Big fan of each mini-fig having their own hairstyle too, rather than just make every minifig look the same, but different color.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
That's cute. I might get that. I've been trying to find a reason to get something Lego-related for the longest.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
As someone who hasn't ever bothered with a special LEGO release like that, does anyone know if it will be available worldwide? Is there any chance of getting a set or is this a preorder / bot situation?

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
59372_40516_Box3_v29.jpg

... why is it 18+ though 🤨
Lmao, that's pretty sus

Edit: ah, it's not sus after all. Weird optics though

OP
OP
Plum

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm confused. Why did poc need a separate color for queer and trans?

I got that quote from the Brickset review of the set:
"the revised version below was proposed, which incorporates the three colours from the trans flag, plus brown and black which were added to the original to represent 'the queer and trans identities of black and brown people'"
It's a version of the Pride Flag that I've seen a lot more recently; not really surprised that Lego chose to use it.

Lmao, that's pretty sus

It's just a weird marketing term for "display piece." Nothing to do with the actual contents of the set. Like they gave that rating to the Winnie the Pooh and Sesame Street sets they recently put out lol

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think LEGO allows comments on any of their videos (they're meant for kids, after all). Still, some of the 'commentary' I've seen about this set is definitely not surprising :(

I remember some of the big youtube reviewers getting their knickers in a twist over the women of NASA set.

Dec 30, 2020
This is awesome, appropriately, although it did trigger a childhood fear from when young me caught When Strangers Call Back on tv.

th.jpg

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
From what I remember reading, it was to help combat the racism that you often see in the LGBTQ community.

Someone may correct me if I'm wrong though.

I'm confused. Why did poc need a separate color for queer and trans?

www.them.us

It's Time Black and Brown People Be Included in the Pride Flag

This redesign with Black, Brown, and trans pride stripes is going viral.

Basically to give recognition to how PoCs + Trans people who don't get sufficient representation in the mainstream LGBTQIA+ movement and as a matter of support for BLM.

Juna

Nov 26, 2017
It's called intersectionality. The original example was that a company had to hire both black people and woman. But they didn't hire even a single black woman and still fulfilled the quotas. Black and brown queer people experience more than just the combination of poc and queer. They also have very unique experiences that only exist at the intersection of both.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I got that quote from the Brickset review of the set:
"the revised version below was proposed, which incorporates the three colours from the trans flag, plus brown and black which were added to the original to represent 'the queer and trans identities of black and brown people'"
It's a version of the Pride Flag that I've seen a lot more recently; not really surprised that Lego chose to use it.
From what I remember reading, it was to help combat the racism that you often see in the LGBTQ community.

Someone may correct me if I'm wrong though.
www.them.us

It's Time Black and Brown People Be Included in the Pride Flag

This redesign with Black, Brown, and trans pride stripes is going viral.

Basically to give recognition to how PoCs + Trans people who don't get sufficient representation in the mainstream LGBTQIA+ movement and as a matter of support for BLM.
Thanks for the info!

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
This will be my first experience trying to order a Lego set like this, what are the odds that it's going to be instantly sold out the second it goes live?
I've honestly never really had an issue with Lego sets selling out. In a worst-case, it'll just take a couple of weeks to get one.

RPG

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
This will be my first experience trying to order a Lego set like this, what are the odds that it's going to be instantly sold out the second it goes live?
In most cases the set gets backordered for a bit, but the majority of sets are obtainable as long as they haven't been retired.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
If you look through the lists of the Transgender Day of Remembrance for example you'll notice that a large number of victims were PoC. It's fucking depressing and more people need to be aware of this.
Yeah. Black trans women get murdered at a scarily high rate. I'm glad Lego are including the black and brown stripes here.

Oct 26, 2017
In most cases the set gets backordered for a bit, but the majority of sets are obtainable as long as they haven't been retired.

There are only a few examples where a set truly sold out within months, and then it was fairly limited to begin with. I would expect this to be available for at least a year.

That said, there's a lot of hype for many "exclusive" sets and unless you buy it day one, you may have to wait for a couple of weeks for a backorder. Backordered sets typically ship much earlier than estimated too. There was also a flower set this year that was unavailable for months.

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
Super cool idea and looks amazing. I absolutely love that they're doing this.

Going to be pretty boring to build though, not gonna lie.

Jun 24, 2019
The video is so wholesome, the designer is very sincere about it.

It's called intersectionality. The original example was that a company had to hire both black people and woman. But they didn't hire even a single black woman and still fulfilled the quotas. Black and brown queer people experience more than just the combination of poc and queer. They also have very unique experiences that only exist at the intersection of both.

Preach it. POC also led the pride movement and paved the road for it.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Very cool, that would look good next to my current builds and it's pretty cheap for having so many mini figs.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
This looks lovely, how cool. Absolutely going to try and pick this up when it goes live.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
As much as I hate LEGO and their prices, practices, management, treatment of customers and competitors..
this set is lovely.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Ahh interesting I had no idea that's a thing.

Are you ready to spend a SHITLOAD of $$$ on plastic toys?

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF (ADULT) LEGO COLLECTING!

Seriously. They have plenty of awesome sets. But they'll also take a chunk out of your wallet.

I mean, no one's buying an $800 Millennium Falcon for their kids. (well, almost no one, I'm sure there's a few rich parents here on Era.) ;)

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

1) Sign up for a LEGO VIP account online (free).
2) LEGO sets go live at midnight Eastern in the US (give or take, LEGO has a notoriously unreliable website).

If you're up when it's live, you can usually grab any new set. By morning, the hot one will be sold out, potentially for a few months. They'll usually come back in stock, but not always.

I've honestly never really had an issue with Lego sets selling out. In a worst-case, it'll just take a couple of weeks to get one.

I just got the CNY set like ~2-3 weeks ago. And only got that because I caught it at a local store. I have an alert setup, but it never came back in stock online after launch day.

That said, I'd expect this to be more available.